It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It's not from when they started the investigation man, it's when he was interviewed by UFO Magazine years later.

It's from a link posted before your video in the thread. A pdf file on the whole case. I didn't watch much of your video, cause I realised it was the same bloke i'd just spent 20 mins reading about...

Sure, the citizens saw lots of crazy # ('___' bombs were the rage back then?) but in ufo mag interview he admits he didn't see anything other than crazy lights!!!

which could of simply been disco baby!

edit on 22-8-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

reply to post by Beavers

You're both steering your interpretations at *aliens* and ignoring some of the members in the thread who are not claiming aliens. By insisting on *aliens* you're dismissing several decades of credible reports involving people and technology (radars etc). From recall, I can't think of a single Blue Book 'unexplained' where the witnesses said they'd seen aliens.

Essentially, you've been kicking a straw man to death.

I apologise if either of you feel I'm being disrespectful - not my intention at all. However, there's been a level of disrespect and goading levelled at some other members in this thread. So guys, c'mon? Argue about whatever happened at Tehran in '76 or Edwards AFB in '65, but don't insist they couldn't have happened because 'aliens don't exist.'

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
We have a myriad of evidence. Credible eye witness accounts from fighter pilots, civilian pilots, radar operators, police officers etc etc etc etc. Photographic evidence from before photoshop was invented. Radar tracks recorded. Video from the likes of NASA etc etc etc. Military and air force reports of failed interceptions etc etc etc.
Phage I refer you to one of my previous posts where I said if 2 people describe the same thing but have never met then it must be true etc etc etc.
It's true eye witness accounts can be unreliable but they can also be very reliable if your talking about people like fighter pilots, radar operators etc who know what the # they're talking about.

So how does 2 people describing the same thing yet have never met make what they are describing automatically alien?

You say there is no other possible explanation, doesnt that seem like closing your mind to a number of possible explanations you have not thought of yet?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

An interesting point is that just say you have 2 or more people who have never met or communicated with each other in any way who describe the same incident exactly. Then it must be true. What other conclusion can there be? Mass hallucination? How is that even possible.

If two people who never met before describe the same unexplainable event you just have an unexplainable event. Anything else is an assumption or leap of faith.

Also more than one person can be mistaken at a time. Ive seen magicians fool audiences of 100's people, each one of these people have essentially 'got it wrong' and when they talk of what they have seen they are not telling what really happened, only what they think happened.

edit on 21-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I don't agree with that at all. Not talking about magicians in a theatre are we. Simple objects in the sky. There is no mistake about it.

Simple objects then should be identified and not labeled as unidentified if they are as simple as you say.

If there was no mistake about it we would not have the term UFO

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

wait wait wait
are you saying that you read the reports.... the convincing, detailed reports
full of facts and happenings that cannot be denied
let the information all sink into your brain
....then when they get to the bit where they say "guys just saying; could be aliens"
you have a problem with their choice of word
and that throws out their whole credibility?
same with the banker who's name is mentioned in what appears to be a tangential note...
even if he had personally funded the whole thing with his evil satanbucks, does that damage the reports that these studies, and this thread are based on?
come on... bankers may be hideous demonic lifeforms, but they do not have magical powers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

1952 Washington D.C. UFO incident. One of my favorite ones. Have a go at that. Oh it's um a um mass hallucination or a bird. Yeah right. Some people just don't want to accept reality. This single incident is irrefutable in my opinion.

What is this incident irrefutable of?
that something flying cannot be identified or that Extra terrestrials are visiting?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

LOL. You're not really saying anything just trying to argue with any little thing you can think of. Like I said some people just don't want to know. There's nothing you can say to erase all the credible UFO incidents is there?
So you don't believe any of it fair enough. Maybe you should try a skeptic website where you can deny everything and everyone will all agree and feel good.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I am not sure what Beavers is talking about.

He said he downloaded a pdf file but I have yet to find that quote he is talking about.

Beavers, you need to put a link to that pdf file. I think it is very important to get to the bottom of what you are trying to claim here.

Remember, this case has thousands of sources so we need to be careful and responsible in listing sources, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think most of my posts are pretty straight forward and easy to understand. You're not really arguing with me but the evidence and incidents I mention. Don't want to believe any of it and think it all must be wrong fine but like I already said I don't think that's an objective or logical view.
So to sum up your saying it's all fake and I'm saying I don't think so. Fair enough?
edit on 22-8-2012 by JimTSpock because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

This is the info from UFO magazine with Hollanda.

Nothing here about what you are claiming. Again, post the link with the information you claim.

UFO Magaine - Colares

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Read this.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Front page on The Washington Post in 1952. It's a temperature inversion is it? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

We could talk forever about cases that have bits and pieces of evidence.

But we'd never arrive at a firm conclusion about the presence of extraterrestrials.

Bottom line, the best evidences for me were the people I've talked to. All of the stuff I've read and seen in films can only go so far. When a former navy intelligence tells me he saw a ufo when he was growing up that scared the $^!!% out of him and tells me that UFOs are real, I hear what he says in context to everything else. That doesn't mean he's right, but it adds credibility.

There's too much out there. One can say we don't know what it's, but you can't shrug if off. Whatever it's, is unconventional and not just a helicopter or venus. I think there's a good reason to believe the military might be involved in a lot of these cases. Or some form of natural anomaly. However, if that's true then it's almost as incredible as if ET's were behind it. It hints that we have access to technologies that're not widespread or not public knowledge. And it hints we don't know everything about nature too. I imagine some sort of strange weather or geological physics.

I think all that we know about the universe gives more supporting evidence for the assertion that some of these cases are extraterrestrial in nature. Maybe not all cases, but a few. That's enough.

IDK - claim to know - if this story is true, but i'll put it here for those who're interested:
This isn't evidence, it's just one case in countless others. Has this one been debunked yet? I don't know. I do know that the man involved died in the late 1990's so he can't tell us.

So many have died and brought the information in their head with them. So it's gone.

You know, it's possible that UFO's were more prevalent in the past too.
edit on 22-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I think most of my posts are pretty straight forward and easy to understand. You're not really arguing with me but the evidence and incidents I mention. Don't want to believe any of it and think it all must be wrong fine but like I already said I don't think that's an objective or logical view.
So to sum up your saying it's all fake and I'm saying I don't think so. Fair enough?
edit on 22-8-2012 by JimTSpock because: spelling

SURE.

TROLL !!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Like I said believe and say whatever you want but I'm pretty much convinced. You can say blah blah blah maybe it was this maybe it was that it's all rubbish whatever. Just doesn't cut it with me.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Brilliance

That's a bit harsh. You're the troll loser.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I'm somewhat agreeing with you. I'm not 100% convinced, but I lean sometimes...

io9.com - A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: “All stars have planets”...

At the same time, however, Shostak admitted that, by virtue of a galaxy filled with Earthlike planets, it actually doesn't matter where we look. The important thing to know is that life is potentially everywhere.

Shostak also admitted that the discovery reaffirms the idea that life could have emerged in the Galaxy a long time ago. "It's been possible to have worlds with life for quite some time now," he said, "there could be life out there that's billions of years old."

www.skymania.com - Billions of Earth-like worlds in Milky Way...

By estimating how heavy the planets were and their distance from their parent stars, the astronomers showed that rocky planets are very common in their habitable zones where water could exist as a liquid.

Team leader Xavier Bonfils, of Grenoble, France, said: “Our new observations with HARPS show that about 40 per cent of all red dwarf stars have a super-Earth orbiting in the habitable zone where liquid water can exist on the surface of the planet. Because red dwarfs are so common — there are about 160 billion of them in the Milky Way — this leads us to the astonishing result that there are tens of billions of these planets in our galaxy alone.”

edit on 22-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

There are copies of the original reports over here. Colares was a heavily documented series of incidents and features official documentation, contemporary witness testimony and photographs.

For me, it's one of the more extraordinary chapters with all that was going on. Years ago, I thought *aliens* and nowadays I honestly don't know. Whatever caused all that is mysterious indeed!

More files on news reports etc etc

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Essentially, you've been kicking a straw man to death.

Sorry if it's come over that way, but if anything I'm attempting to counter any silly straws by focussing on the key issue at hand. Evidence, or rather the lack of

And I'm not saying aliens don't exist exist either, I came to ATS hoping to see something that isn't tenuous, hearsay, and doesn't require imagination or faith in something that definitely hasn't been proven as real yet! (as much as i'd like it to be!)

This post claimed 'Anyone who thinks UFOs don't exist read this!!!' - I've read it and am naturally a little disappointed to not have found what I was looking for.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's a good point there are billions of other galaxies so out in the vastness of the universe there would be trillions and trillions of planets capable of supporting life. It is highly probable intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe. The large number of credible UFO incidents fits in with this. Looking at the universe in it's vastness this idea doesn't seem so strange.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It is highly probable intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe.

I'd say it was a certainty that other intelligent life exists in our Galaxy yet alone the Universe , the thing is just because they're there doesn't mean they're here , its possible but we still don't have the proof .

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join