It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSer's I Need Your Help, Urgently!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

This might be worth a look. I was in the same position as you, now I am living in "anti-squat" property (in Holland) and you should be able to see what is available on the site in your area.
Camelot website

I wish you much luck.

I pay 187 euros a month for 2 rooms, all-in. Free water, power and no council or garbage taxes. If you find something suitable I advise you to call and explain your situation. I was being evicted due to being 6 months in arrears with my rented property. It sure beats being homeless. I got my accommodation in 2 days.
edit on 22/8/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by glen200376

No it is the same up here,Asians,Africans & Eastern Europeans.

Why are you being racist or intolerant towards the immigrants, why are you not blaming the white government, who let them in?

That is not racism, surely it is only reasonable to chose not to tolertate a person or an action that is harming us or our way of life ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Put your feelers to as many housing associations you can find.

This problem you are facing is just going to get worse next year with the bedroom tax.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Did you even read Sinny's posts?She has to work for her job seekers allowance.Would you work full time for under seventy quid a week?Doesn't being homeless not mean you don't have a home?She goes to friends and family to sleep on their settees.(sofa surfing).I know your type-I'm all right jack.
edit on 22/8/2012 by glen200376 because: damn predictive android keyboard again.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

No it is the same up here,Asians,Africans & Eastern Europeans.

Why are you being racist or intolerant towards the immigrants, why are you not blaming the white government, who let them in?
Oh trust me I blame our treasonous corporate bitch governments past & present.Why do the likes of you call racism when a white mentions any other colour creed or country.Pot calling the kettle black.(or is that racist too because I said black?)Water of a ducks back mate,you need a new card that one you have got is a little worn out!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's not that the council are unreliable in paying rent, it's greedy landlords who don't want to declare to the Govt how much they are making in rent to avoid paying tax on it...That's where the "NO DSS" comes in! But there are a number of agencies that deal specifically in housing benefit claimants, who will gladly wait until the rent is approved and will often waive the deposit, they even set the rent on the maximum the council will pay so that the tenant does not have a shortfall to make up.

What area are you in, and I'll have a look at what's available

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here's some DSS Accepted in the GU postcode area

Good luck

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Okay I´ve overread that. But what was she doing before? I´m not the type you try to push me in.
BTW, whats a job seeker allowance? A allowance to seek a job??? So you are allowed to go to the job center and search for a job? Sounds like paperwork
edit on 22-8-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

jobseekers allowance is a benefit for the unemployed.A whole seventy one pounds a week(even less for her age,62 pounds I think)Would you do a full time job for that?That's what she has to do to get it.Legalized slavery.You do the maths,try getting any kind of rent on 280 a month and eat.A one bedroom flat can cost three times that by me.
Beside me the indigenous get a cardboard box,yet a homeless Pole gets put up at a local Premier Inn.That can't be right.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ok, thats really not much. But you have to think about two things. I mean, a 21 year old pretty girl should find some job in service at least if she can count money (no offend!) if she´s searching for 5 years now.

Second, I don´t know what her qualifications are. apprenticeship? finished school? If not, own fault.

Its just unbelievable to me that one says she cannot earn enough while sitting the whole day on ATS. Well, I do too but I have a job and I work from home currently. The reason for that is I am highly qualified in my field. I quit school with 15 after 10 classes. Then made a apprenticeship. I had to move away from my parents and had nothing to eat instead of bread and some butter on good days because I wasn´t supported, too. When I visited my father to wash my clothes, all I heard from him was "do you see how the meters run??" I had to feast to get the money for the bus ride to wash my clothes. Washing shops were not in town these days. Looking at the picture, she looks way more healthier and better situated like I did. I mean, I did not even had heating in winter, I just could afford the lowest to not freeze the water pipes which would have been my personal ruin.

Maybe this context is needed to understand my reaction.

Now, decades later, after several schoolings, I have easy work and very good payment. Its doable.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

There is a minimum wage in this country of 6.08 pounds an hour,yet if you can't get a job they make you work for your jobseekers for 70 quid a week.Therefore she actually saves the government money(or their dodgy corporate buddies).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Meanwhile your Queen owns more land than any other person non the planet..........check it out.

Did you see Prince William and Kate's wedding and house?????

Now how about America (my side of the pond) we bailed out the bankers and pay our politicians and state reps medical and retirement packages most of us can only dream about.

How has this all come about?

Too many people have not been watching the foxes in the hen house.

Too many people complying with unfair and outrageous taxes.

Too many people allowing the few to control the many.

Welcome to the New World Order and it's going to only get worse because nobody is going to really protest or revolt.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I would inform the council that your present home is `over crowded` and explain that you need more room for your family. I wouldnt mention that your mother was not in the house. If the council house is over crowded then I believe that the council, has a duty to supply either a larger home or to provide you with a home of your own. I am not 100% on this but it would be the route that I would follow.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Yes, true to an extent, but they can't house you in housing that's just not available, he will still end up in the private sector

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Sinny

So you are:

couch surfing for 5 years now.
posting on an internet forum the whole day over
and then have the guts to make a picture where you look totally fresh with makeup and nice clothes, sipping at a glas of beer.

I believe nothing you tell me. Either you are lying about being homeless and all that stuff or you´re doing pretty well being homeless and sucking money out of others purses.

Guess what the difference between you and ALS is to me?
He´s working his arse off to provide his family (two extra people, keep in mind!) a home and you lazy type of human have the guts to present yourself like this.

In the time you are here on ATS, you could work the other 60% that you are talking about missing. Then you could finally afford your own life. Instead of that crap I wrote above.

ALS, I´m holding my thumbs for you and your family to find a aceptable home for you three. Keep your head up

What the f*ck?!?

LOL, every word I've typed is truth, I have a computer at work you know, and my own laptop, AND a Blackberry torch 9810, so the internet is pretty much with me 27/7...

Sponging off people? it took me 4 months to save for my laptop, and 3 for my phone..

Homeless = Bum?

I don't think so! aha, If I work, why do you assume I cant afford a pint?

And that not white make up Its my Irish ethnicity and a bit of sun glare.. Or am I lying about that to?

Do not EVER call me a liar, because I will always prove you wrong, you can look me up on facebook, or ask the MOD RisingAgainst, to confirm my story..

edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Are you incapable of reading? I HAVE A JOB

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

There is a minimum wage in this country of 6.08 pounds an hour,yet if you can't get a job they make you work for your jobseekers for 70 quid a week.Therefore she actually saves the government money(or their dodgy corporate buddies).

Glen thanks for trying to defend me, but it looks like we're lost in translation here.... He's referring to me NOT having a job, when its clearly stated I WORK for the Chamber Of Commerce, actually RUNNING the "Back to work program" for the government I'M NOT ON JOBSEEKERS, I've just had to make a number of replies, because I didn't realise how many time he actually mentioned me..

I bet he feels like an idiot

To the guy I'm ranting about, because he's ranting about me, Igor my make up comment, I miss-read..And once again, cannot edit because we DONT actually get 4 hours to edit
sick of ATS doing that!
edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So sorry to hear of your travails ALS.
Being in America I have no useful knowledge pertaining to your situation but I did feel moved to wish you and your family good luck in getting this resolved.
Cheers.
ATA

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Some years ago I had a similar situation and the Citizens Advise Beureau were priceless ... they have all the right contacta nad make the necessary calls for you ... and another good move on your part because you hae a child is Social Services ... I know a lot of people are scared of Social Services but trust me they can be your guardian angel when you need help ... worth a try.

Woody

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Right, here's a status update.

My misses viewed 3 places today two didn't except/wouldn't except dss, the one that would was an absolute # hole that was covered in black mold. I really don't want the place but if I can't find anything better by the end of the week I'll take it.

Quick question; how harmful is black mold to health?

Another thing, a letting agent told us today that we must have 800 pounds in the bank at all time in case the council don't pay the rent.

This is simple not an option.

I am really getting to my wits end with the sucking fhit!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join