It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSer's I Need Your Help, Urgently!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I am in the process of getting tax credits which will give my income a nice little boost.

I am not finding faults in things I am just being extra vigilant, I'm sorry it came across that way. I do appreciate your help.

Anyway I have made an offer on the house with the black mold. I have spoken directly to the landlord and we have come to an arrangement. He's going to get rid of the mold, properly. And I'm going to do the place up, it is absolutely trashed, the doors anr hanging of and the carpets skint of cat pee. This means I only have to pay a months deposit and he doesn't care about my credit rating. And most importantly he will accept housing benefit.

So as long as he don't change his mind, it looks like I have a house.

Whoop whoop.

Cheers for the help ATSer's! I do love this community.

ALS

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

That's great news, and the landlord does have an obligation to ensure the property is in a decent condition and I'm sure he won't change his mind.

Good news on the tax credits as well, that can make a huge difference to your income, but does not affect your housing benefit top up, though you will have to pay a proportion of the rent, you are still entitled to assistance

Keep us posted on what's happening and good luck

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
unfortunately they got that one rapped up quite tight as far as the law is concerned, if it was me id set up home in their offices after i got made homeless and call all the media down to film it. ya never know, even the threat of that might make them get off their lazy asses and help someone for a change

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I am so glad for you! You have gotten a (fixer-upper)....with some serious cleaning and creative imaginations it can be a wonderful place!

Please keep us informed of how you and your family are doing.

When do you move in?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

21st of semptember. I guess it's kinda good because we can make it our own

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well done ALS, was very much sure you would make it just fine, I wish you and your little family the best of luck

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Glad to hear that you found some where to live ALS. Sounds like a good clear out and cleaning is on the cards. Hope it turns out alright for you and best of luck for the future.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Congratulations on getting a roof,

So dude you going to invite us all round for a house warming ? Will we have to appear as our avatars ?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

OP...i apologize....sincerely...i thought the economy was bad here in the states but after reading the rest of the replies on this thread and doing a little independent research, I realized that your jobs and housing situation across the pond is much worse than ours at the moment...please accept my apology. It was ignorant of me to be degrading towards you when i was uninformed of the subject matter. I didn't intend to come across as a self righteous American. I feel your pain man. Good Luck to you and your family. Again, my deepest apologies.

-Kev

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Haha yeah I'll cook us all a big roast dinner, but you have to chip in on the decorating!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Haha yeah I'll cook us all a big roast dinner, but you have to chip in on the decorating!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibsonsgrat187

OP...i apologize....sincerely...i thought the economy was bad here in the states but after reading the rest of the replies on this thread and doing a little independent research, I realized that your jobs and housing situation across the pond is much worse than ours at the moment...please accept my apology. It was ignorant of me to be degrading towards you when i was uninformed of the subject matter. I didn't intend to come across as a self righteous American. I feel your pain man. Good Luck to you and your family. Again, my deepest apologies.

-Kev

The fact that you went and done smoke research is apology enough.

No hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Why don't you just crash in Sinny's basement?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just get an RV drive to So Cal, or FL and live like a hippy. That's the life man! A J a day keep the Dr away!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Just get an RV drive to So Cal, or FL and live like a hippy. That's the life man! A J a day keep the Dr away!

Yes, awesome plan...apart from the fact the he has kids and lives in the UK...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join