It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mentions Medical Records, Hasn't Disclosed His Own.. His Life is an "open book"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Originally posted by sprtpilot
How about ANYTHING from his school records and activities?

And as soon as one lie is proven false, we move on to the next demand. That's how it has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME. And are you serious about his school activities? Where have you been? I'm not going to do your research for you, but there are HUNDREDS of articles about his school activities, friends and associations in school.

Claims of Sealed Obama Records Proven False

Myth: Obama’s College records are sealed from Occidental College, Columbia and Harvard

Reality: Pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, it would be illegal under federal law for Occidental, Columbia or Harvard to release the records of any student to reporters or member of the general public without specific written permission from said student. Obama has not released those records, but neither has any other presidential candidate in history.

Why should Obama do it when NO ONE before him has? What's different about him that he must adhere to stricter standards?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That's not what he said, you're twisting his words.

What he said is that "The American people have assumed that if you want to be president of the United States, your life’s an open book when it comes to things like finances."

Not that HIS life IS an open book.

Very BIG difference.
edit on 21-8-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Thanks for noting that. We can see a typical "Sensational News" story trick in the title, as only the words "open book" are in quotes...
Yes, those words were spoken, but the words outside the quotes can be fudged and no one cares...

People will buy anything they want to believe... So sad. :shk:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So, no, it would not make things worse. People with access to a lot of information as oppsoed to little information are far better at making important decisions.

This thread is proof that the amount of information doesn't matter.

Obama has released his medical information...and yet people will still make threads claiming he hasn't. And apparently, even though it is 100% false, ATS will not hoax it. So in addition to abundant information...now people have to deal with dis-information to try to make informed decisions.

Thread: Obama hasn't released medical records
Fact: Obama has released medical records

Seems pretty clear to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

What he said is that "The American people have assumed that if you want to be president of the United States, your life’s an open book when it comes to things like finances."

Very BIG difference.

The whole OP is lie and distortion.

It's unworthy of ATS...dissapointing that it can stay up on a forum where we are supposed to value truth and not lies and distortion.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

gee considering the double whammy of the other day...

but you're right, really
after all aren't drug addicts security risks?

they should make him pee in a cup randomly

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You seem to have missed the topic of this thread.

What else about his medical records would you like to see of his?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Very BIG difference.

It's unworthy of ATS...dissapointing that it can stay up on a forum where we are supposed to value truth and not lies and distortion.

Well you wouldn't wanna go disenfranchising all those Obama haters that flood ATS with stars, flags, and ad clicks now would you?
That's just bad business.

And people say that the MSM is biased.
Clearly they haven't been to alternative news sites recently.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Randomly pee or randomly in various cups? Either way, I'm hiding my pepsi.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Randomly pee or randomly in various cups? Either way, I'm hiding my pepsi.

i meant he should be randomly tested [and all running for or occupying a public office]
cant have him taking lasix or some batch of herbs

M- oh honey you gotta pee in the cup again today...

B-WTF!!! i had to pee yesterday too, where's the blind trust?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

What does medical information have to do with any of that?

And security clearance is just that, security clearance. If he already has it, then it has been oked and it doesn't need to be oked by untrained and uneducated members of the public.

I don't care what office you hold, no one needs to know your medical information.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If I were to take a snippet of a random CEO's conversation right now, lets randomly pick one....the CEO of Ameritrade. If you zoomed in on his conversation right now, you would have NO idea whatsoever what he is talking about. That is why he is the CEO of Ameritrade and you are not.

No, no one would have the first clue what the President is saying either.

I know how DC politics work, there is the real story, there is the hidden story, and there are the personal opinions that run through the city. Politicians handle some things diplomatically, they don't reveal the full story to some people, if it causes more harm then good. You have to do a lot of reading inbetween the lines.

To think an outsider would grasp that is just silly.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I"m not dicussing CEO's and private business men, I'm talking elected officials.

To think an outsider would grasp that is just silly.

You realize that the attitude of " the lament would never understand" is exactly the tool they use to keep VERY important information from you right?

I cannot believe, that in today's world, anybody would think that misinformation, or non-information is better than information.

Open communications and transparancy would encourage far more peopel to get educated on what was being said so they could understand. Furthermore, those who already do, would be the first people to start writting blook,s emails, websites regarding what was going on, and giving a "civics" course to the rest of the country.

I'm really shocked that there are some advocating that secrecy in politics is somehow not only expected, but OK.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This doctor?

The man Barack Obama consulted on medical matters for over two decades said on Tuesday that the president's vision for health care reform is bound for failure.

Dr. David Scheiner, a 70-year Chicago-based physician who treated Obama for more than 20 years, said he was disheartened by the health care legislation his former patient is championing, calling it piecemeal and ineffectual.

"I look at his program and I can't see how it's going to work," Scheiner told the Huffington Post. "He has no cost control. There would be no effective cost control in his program. The [Congressional Budget Office] said it's going be incredibly expensive ... and the thing that I really am worried about is, if it is the failure that I think it would be, then health reform will be set back a long, long time."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

That's a nice summary and all other "exams" that were discussed by BH were performed under official capacity as POTUS. Standard for all sitting presidents. No records from "candidate Obama" back in time.

Sound familiar??

President Bush was pronounced "fit for duty" after an annual checkup Saturday that showed that the 59-year-old commander in chief, an avid mountain bike rider, has lost 8 pounds since his last physical exam in December.

www.straightfromthedoc.com...

Same "fit for duty" every year for every POTUS.

Bill Clinton
www.doctorzebra.com...

While running for the Presidency in 2008, Obama released a one-page letter from his physician, summarizing 21 years of medical history [More] [5]. The letter offers reassuring statements about Obama's blood pressure, cholesterol profile, electrocardiogram, and basic blood tests, including prostate specific antigen.

Comment: There is nothing inherently wrong with summarizing 21 years of medical history on one page -- if the patient has been healthy. Even so, this letter leaves a bad taste in Dr. Zebra's mouth, for several reasons: (1) It is undated. Putting a date on a document is as automatic as breathing for a physician. Why was there no date? (2) The characterization of "intermittent" smoking is unprofessional. Physicians speak in terms of "pack-years" of smoking. (3) The statement that Obama maintains a "good intake" of fluids rings false. Except for patients with various diseases, there is no call to measure fluid intake. It sounds like the physician was trying to fill space.

Pretty cool list
www.doctorzebra.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Very BIG difference.

A lie??

There are some pertinent details that are missing from your cherished medical summary by his Chicago Doctor. First its written like an undated form letter. Yes, the letter is undated. Doctors typically date everything.

Second, the mention of Obama's long time use of cigarettes is quite vague.

Obama's total exposure to cigarettes, measured in "pack-years," has not been released. Any competent physician would elicit this information from the patient. It is so important that some physicians have called it a new "vital sign" (that's silly, but it makes the point). The quantified smoking exposure is important, among other reasons, in estimating the risk of various diseases. Although it appears as if the information was deliberately suppressed, I hope a reader can supply a pointer to the data.

His life is an open book.... He has not released his medical records. Tidbits from his annual White House check up, yes.

reminder

"I’m not asking to disclose every detail of his medical records, although we normally do that as well." Barack Obama...

Please show me what "normal" means to Obama!!!! or what it means to you for that matter. I'll take Obama at his word.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thank you for the reassurance regarding your first post.

I am wishing even more for detailed audio and video recordings from a very narcissistic president who would love nothing more than to high five himself in front of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

First its written like an undated form letter. Yes, the letter is undated. Doctors typically date everything.

why is there always something wrong with this guys documents?

is this sloppiness done intentionally?
a sort of in your face
looking to be called out
so as to reply "thats racist!"

the civil rights leaders of the past must be spinning in their graves

oh

so, sorry jibeho
i forgot to give you a well deserved flag.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

There are some pertinent details that are missing from your cherished medical summary by his Chicago Doctor. First its written like an undated form letter. Yes, the letter is undated. Doctors typically date everything.

So you are questioning the authenticity of the letter from the doctor....of course you are...why would I expect anything else.

When people choose to be and proclaim openly that they are going to remain willfully ignorant, there is no need to try to have any further discussion.

You were given facts that prove your OP wrong...deal with it...or remain willfully ignorant.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jibeho

You are running for the most important political office in the country, some could argue the world.

Yes, your entire life should be open to scrutiny. You should have cameras and microphones attached to your person from the moment you leave the house, to the moment you arrive home in the evening. All phones calls, emails and any other communications open to the public and available online.

Politicians should receive 0 privacy. They work for us, it's a sacrifice they should make.

~Tenth

I can swing with all of that.

This transparency thing is getting silly. One demands that the other should release his tax records (when he does not have to) when there really is nothing there and the other won't release things like college transcripts, original birth certificates, etc when it really would not matter. Just politics of one upmanship without substance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join