It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mentions Medical Records, Hasn't Disclosed His Own.. His Life is an "open book"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah!! Obama held a "random" presser yesterday. Did you watch it? Did you catch is "Open Book" comment?

“The American people have assumed that, if you want to be President of the United States, that your life is an open book.” - Barack Obama

WOW!!!!! What is going on???

Here is the meat of what he said regarding Romney...

The American people have assumed that if you want to be president of the United States, your life’s an open book when it comes to things like finances. I’m not asking to disclose every detail of his medical records, although we normally do that as well.

Normally? Why hasn't he released his medical records then??

While Obama has released a decade or so worth of tax returns, otherwise, he is the furthest thing from an "open book" when it comes to his medical records -- which he refuses to release. And yet, there stood Obama unchallenged by the lapdog media as he implied he's an "open book" about those very same medical records. And these records are important and relevant, especially in light of the fact that Obama is a former smoker (so we're told) and an admitted illegal drug abuser (including coc aine). The fact that one heartbeat away sits a barely-functional moron also comes into play.

This isn’t all "President Open Book" has refused to release. There's also the full list of his 2008 campaign contributors, his state senate papers, academic transcripts, book proposal, the real White House guest list, all those Fast and Furious documents, and any number of FOIA requests.

So, the President's life is an "open book" eh?? He certainly thinks Romney's life should be an open book with regards to his tax returns. But, that's where it stops because that's all that Obama has ever released. Interesting game...

The President who pledged transparency (failed promise) has the audacity to state that if you want to be President your life's an open book. (Only when it comes to finances and medical records) Glad he gets to set the standard. A standard that the media clearly followed in 2008 and seems to be following once again!!!!!!

www.breitbart.com...

www.mediaite.com...

ETA
Next time I get into a debate regarding Obama's records. Obama's statement will be my ultimate weapon.

If you want to be president, your life's an open book.... We've been saying that around ATS for since the 2008 campaign began. There you have it straight from the horse's mouth.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2012 by jibeho because: clarity error

edit on 21-8-2012 by jibeho because: content

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are running for the most important political office in the country, some could argue the world.

Yes, your entire life should be open to scrutiny. You should have cameras and microphones attached to your person from the moment you leave the house, to the moment you arrive home in the evening. All phones calls, emails and any other communications open to the public and available online.

Politicians should receive 0 privacy. They work for us, it's a sacrifice they should make.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Cough,,, Cough,,, I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm in your reply....

I like the bit about audio recordings though. Nixon tried that... The first to use voice activated recordings....

If you want to carry the nations "football" your life and your entire past should be an open book. Open enough to let the people decide if you're fit for office. Of course, the media has to do their job too... Right?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He has released a summary of his medical records through his doctor...what else do you want???

blogs.suntimes.com...

Below and attached is a letter from Senator Obama’s physician detailing a summary of his health records.

DAVID L. SCHEINER, M.D.
Hyde Park Associates in Medicine, Ltd.
1515 East 52nd Place, Chicago, IL 60615

To Whom It May Concern:

I am David L. Scheiner, a board certified general internist licensed to practice in the State of Illinois. I am on staff at the University of Chicago Hospitals and Rush University Medical Center. I have been Senator Barack Obama’s primary care physician since March 23, 1987. The following is a summary of his medical records for the past 21 years.

During that period of time, Senator Obama has been in excellent health. He has been seen regularly for medical checkups and various minor problems such as upper respiratory infections, skin rashes and minor injuries.

His family history is pertinent for his mother’s death from ovarian cancer and grandfather who died of prostate cancer. His own history included intermittent cigarette smoking. He has quit this practice on several occasions and is currently using Nicorette gum with success.

Senator Obama’s last medical checkup was on January 15, 2007; he had no complaints. He exercised regularly often jogging three miles. His diet was balanced with good intake of roughage and fluids. A complete review of systems was unremarkable. On physical examination, his blood pressure was 90/60 and pulse 60/minute. His build was lean and muscular with no excess body fat. His physical examination was completely normal.

Laboratory studies included triglycerides of 44(normal under 150), cholesterol 173 (normal under 200), HDL 68 (normal over 40), and LDL 96 (normal under 130). Chem 24, urinalysis and CBC were normal, PSA was 0.6, very good. An EKG was normal.

In short, his examination showed him to be in excellent health. Senator Barack Obama is in overall good physical and mental health needed to maintain the resiliency required in the Office of President.

Sincerely,
David L. Scheiner, M.D.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Are you serious? Public figures should lose their right to privacy?

And to the OP:

Obama Releases Medical Records - 2008

Obama's Medical Records - 2010

Obama's Medical Records 2011

Now... How is it that the title of this thread is accurate?

Lesson: Breitbart LIES! And you believe it... :shk:
edit on 8/21/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No, the presidents medical record is no one's business.

Just like you are not allowed to be asked for your medical record when you apply for a job.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, there is no reason that this thread shouldn't go into HOAX, it is 100% flat out lies.

I have provided proof of that...you provided even more proof of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

No sarcasm at all actually.

And yes, if you are elected by the people then yes, you should have 0 right to privacy while doing that job. Being a representative in a democracy is the most important job you will ever have. It's a sacrifice that you should be making, not some lofty job deserving of hundreds of thousand of dollars, living above the law and be provided " executive privilege" or some nonsense like that.

I'm sorry, but I'm done trusting politicians to do the right thing behind closed doors. Sure national security and that sort of thing, you can have that. But the rest of it? Hell no.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes, there is no reason that this thread shouldn't go into HOAX

no, that would be your post

a letter from his doctor is so much BS
especially when most of us use that trick/excuse
at school and on the job all the time

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

If you don't trust a letter from his doctor, why would you trust the medical records from that same doctor?

For some people, nothing Obama releases will be enough...unless you can check his prostate yourself...you are going to think he is hiding something. Which is why Obama doesn't try to bend over backwards to please people like this...because their hate of a man overrides any logic and rationality.
edit on 21-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
And yes, if you are elected by the people then yes, you should have 0 right to privacy while doing that job.

Wow. I'm really sorry to see you support taking away people's rights... especially a blanket condemnation of all members of a group... Really stunning to me. :shk:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you don't trust a letter from his doctor, why would you trust the records that doctor wrote himself?

Exactly. There would be people downloading it, zooming in and examining the borders and typeface, looking for layers and other people's medical records that don't match, proving beyond a shadow of doubt that the whole thing was FAKED!
Donald Trump would be getting involved and some brainless Sheriff would run a scam "investigation" claiming Obama's health was actually on the brink of destruction and... and ... we're all gonna DIE! And all because of Obama!

I'm scared!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
And yes, if you are elected by the people then yes, you should have 0 right to privacy while doing that job.

Wow. I'm really sorry to see you support taking away people's rights... especially a blanket condemnation of all members of a group... Really stunning to me. :shk:

I'm not in support of removing their privacy in the personal sense. I'm advocating making any and all job related communications public and transparent.

I'm not saying you should be spied on when you are out with your family, or on vacation or at home, or whatever the case may be when you aren't working, but if you are working, I deserve to know what you are doing with my trust.

I elected you because I have faith that you will do right by me. However in today's world we know that's not always the case, what politicians say on the campaign and what they say behind closed doors are two very different things.

The transparency would discourage that.

That's all BH.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If you don't trust a letter from his doctor, why would you trust the records that doctor wrote himself?

For some people, nothing Obama releases will be enough...unless you can check his prostate yourself...you are going to think he is hiding something. Which is why Obama doesn't try to bend over backwards to please people like this...because their hate of a man overrides any logic and rationality.

what? you never used a doctors letter to cover a few days you took off?
and are you seriously claiming he's had only that one doctor since he was born?
RLMFAO!!!

i'll think leave the prostate exam and gymnastics to you outcast

he's your idol, not mine

lol

"...think rationally and use logic!"
says the Hater.

"i am not enjoying myself!"
says the nasty troll

"it is biowares fault!"
says the 4chain..."

-stanley roo

edit on 21-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

He has released a summary of his medical records through his doctor...what else do you want???

How about ANYTHING from his school records and activities?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It would only create more problems then it would solve. Far more. People do not have the first clue how government works.
Information would be taken out of context, blown out of proportion, and used to personal advantage.
People don't understand the intricacies, and how programs, agencies, and personnel, relate to each other.

Then you would only be getting one piece of the information, and that is the President's. You wouldn't hear the other side of the conversation.

That would open Pandora's box.

FEMA can't even contract out shelter management without a third of ATS screaming that they are starting a concentration camp.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I can pay a guy named Carl to say that I have super powers.

But I'll let you in on a little secret.

(I don't)

Obama is a hypocrite. Simple really. Vote for Romney, you'll feel better about doing something FOR America, rather than assuaging guilt.

This post was brought to you by the "Don't Be A Dork-Head And Vote For Obama Club"

I'm not Romney, but he'd endorse this message if he was an ATS member.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Do you mean have I ever had a doctor lie for me???

No, I haven't...nor would I ask him to or want to go to an unethical doctor that would be willing to do so.

But back to the topic...are you saying you think all the lab results and test results that are in the summaries released are all false??? Do you have any proof of that???

Again, I'll ask...what else would you like him to release??? And are you also wanting Romney to release the same as Obama...including the amount of tax returns???

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by jibeho

No, the presidents medical record is no one's business.
Just like you are not allowed to be asked for your medical record when you apply for a job.

By this logic, how do you verify the credibility of a person's claim?
Lets face it that the President himself has to obtain a Security Clearance for the amount of sensitive and top secret information that he is privileged and access to. Falsification of information can result in revokation of the clearance along with the job. However the american public is the employer and thus they have the right to know about the information requested through the proper channels. This goes for any presidential candidate.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So you believe, that a lack of information, as opposed to an abundance of information is better?

People don't understand, so it's better to keep them ignorant? Why do you think it is that people take information out of context and jump to conclusions?

Is it because they have too much, or too little? IMO it's because people aren't given enough information to be well informed about what is going on, and when you feel misinformed, you are far more inclined to think the information you are receiving is bad than good.

See what I mean?

So, no, it would not make things worse. People with access to a lot of information as oppsoed to little information are far better at making important decisions.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join