It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by neformore

Saw this earlier today. If americans allow this man into an office, I lose all faith. Period. What a despicable and archaic line of thinking.

You'd have to see the incompetent crook he's running against to understand why such a dumbass comment doesn't even phase me. I may be holding my nose when I vote for him...if this is how he's going to keep expressing his opinions....but I'll be puking in a waste can if Claire wins. I'll take the stink to the sickness. It's THAT bad a choice with Claire on the other side.

I'd vote OBAMA's WIFE to be our Senator...if it would get that piece of trash out of our state Senate seat.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Saw this earlier today. If americans allow this man into an office, I lose all faith. Period. What a despicable and archaic line of thinking.

You'd have to see the incompetent crook he's running against to understand why such a dumbass comment doesn't even phase me. I may be holding my nose when I vote for him...if this is how he's going to keep expressing his opinions....but I'll be puking in a waste can if Claire wins. I'll take the stink to the sickness. It's THAT bad a choice with Claire on the other side.

I'd vote OBAMA's WIFE to be our Senator...if it would get that piece of trash out of our state Senate seat.

I get you, but I have to wonder, at what point we the american people decide that we are done voting for the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I cannot believe that we are subjected to these evil doer's wretched and twisted games in public positions in this day and age.

And you get Obama and all that on one side, and you get this crapola on the other.

Yet this is a democracy.

Why don't the people stand up and say, we want to run our own candidates you guys all suck.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
todd akin clarifies,

As a member of Congress, I believe that working to protect the most vulnerable in our society is one of my most important responsibilities, and that includes protecting both the unborn and victims of sexual assault. In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it’s clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year. Those who perpetrate these crimes are the lowest of the low in our society and their victims will have no stronger advocate in the Senate to help ensure they have the justice they deserve. I recognize that abortion, and particularly in the case of rape, is a very emotionally charged issue. But I believe deeply in the protection of all life and I do not believe that harming another innocent victim is the right course of action. I also recognize that there are those who, like my opponent, support abortion and I understand I may not have their support in this election.

link

thoughts?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
todd akin clarifies,

As a member of Congress, I believe that working to protect the most vulnerable in our society is one of my most important responsibilities, and that includes protecting both the unborn and victims of sexual assault. In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it’s clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year. Those who perpetrate these crimes are the lowest of the low in our society and their victims will have no stronger advocate in the Senate to help ensure they have the justice they deserve. I recognize that abortion, and particularly in the case of rape, is a very emotionally charged issue. But I believe deeply in the protection of all life and I do not believe that harming another innocent victim is the right course of action. I also recognize that there are those who, like my opponent, support abortion and I understand I may not have their support in this election.

link

thoughts?

So in other words he still believes women should have to give birth even if the woman got pregnant as a result of a rape.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I get you, but I have to wonder, at what point we the american people decide that we are done voting for the lesser of two evils.

I'm hoping this is the last time..... I, for one, am NOT sitting on my duff after November to patiently wait for the next election cycle to start in 2015/16. Heck, I'm in school for at least another 2 and maybe 3 years depending on course work and how I decide about going further. I literally have nothing better to do than become the fly in the ointment for the GOP around here. After they sandbagged and buried Dr. Paul, it's going to be my true pleasure to put as many hours a week as I need to see that 2016 goes differently than 2012.

How much longer? If I and others like me who are fed up enough to become involved have anything to say about it..this will be the last one...or I'll drop by sheer exhaustion in trying. That's a fact. Enough IS Enough.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

no, he said,

"i do not believe harming another innocent victim is the right course of action."

he did not say woman should have to do anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Nef...

Welcome to what it feels like to be an American. I live here, and see extreme evangelical irrationality on just about a daily basis in my real life.

The frightening part is that a couple of decades ago only shady TV preachers would go this far out publicly... Now, with the ultra conservatism sweeping through the country - many people will not only admire this mans message - they will vote for him because of it.

Scary stuff indeed.

~Heff

...and even more disturbing is the amount female religious nutters who will agree with him.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Unfortunately, being highly intelligent is not a requirement for the job.

Yes it is.

At least in a genuine traditional conservative party it should be.

This idiot and his mouth breathing colleagues have to be replaced by real politicians.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The GOP has turned into nothing but the backwards fascist party. They are supposedly against regulation and big government but they are constantly trying to regulate abortion and make women get unnecsacry medical practices (like vaginal ultrasounds) if they want to have an abortion.

Then they are extremely against foodstamps and WIC, which prevent the starvation of children when the baby is born to poor mothers.

They don't care about kids, all they care about is more government control over the citizens and forcing their religious beliefs on the whole populous.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I always feared that Teeth was based on a true story.

On a serious note though, this is what happens when you have a stupid two party system and a mainstream media that crams the red vs blue pissing contest down Americans' throat all day. Idiots like this get elected just because they have a R or D next to their name on the ballet.

I don't think most Republicans are this ignorant (though quite a few maybe are, I would hope the majority are smarter) to actually think women have some natural magical self defense against getting pregnant from rape, but it doesn't matter. They will still vote for this guy if it's between him and a Democrat simply because in this stupid system making sure the other "team" doesn't win has become most important, no matter how dumb or horrible your own candidate is. And when a corrupt or idiotic Democrat gets exposed, the same thing happens, majority Democrats will still vote for him over a Republican.

This is why our country will never change as long as the 2 party system is in place and the mainstream media reinforces it every day, glorifying it as some never ending war that every voter must fight for their party. This is why I will never join either party.
edit on 19-8-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
These kind of things sell!

It is easy to get this reaction from Americans, you need only bash Jesus publically and make it seem as though Christendom is threatened. Shoot just say that religion in general is on its way out and you will see millions spring to action! Couple it with some doom and gloom and you will see the Sodom and Gomorra syndrome take hold pretty quickly!

Christians are raised to fear God, and see him like a hanging Judge. None want to catch his wrath! It provides a very convenient scapegoat when things get bad! Blame the less faithful or ungodly ways of a nation!

A person hears only what they understand.
"Johann Wolfgang von Goethe"

edit on 20-8-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just because something is rare doesn't mean you can use that to deny someone medication to take care of the problem.

They use this justification to deny rape victims emergency contraception. Oh it's rare. Yeah so?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
is this a scientific fact?
i don't know, i'am not a doctor.
but if you support the mass murder of children,
then don't vote for the guy.
it's really quite simple folks
either you support mass murder,
or you don't.
what's the genocide up to?
70,000,000 murdered.
but it's a choice right?

Which part of a woman being raped missed your common decency and sensibilities here?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Read this from a link off my Twitter feed and it left me speechless.

Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

It scares me - as an outsider - that someone with this viewpoint could potentially get into the US senate and actually start to look at influencing legislation around this kind of issue.

Are people/politicians in the 'states really so naive to actually believe this? In fact - how on earth did this man get to be a politician in the first place?

It's from that sort of statements bursting out of US politics that I see that a portion of the USA is not much more evolved than Saudi Arabia...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Read this from a link off my Twitter feed and it left me speechless.

Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

It scares me - as an outsider - that someone with this viewpoint could potentially get into the US senate and actually start to look at influencing legislation around this kind of issue.

Are people/politicians in the 'states really so naive to actually believe this? In fact - how on earth did this man get to be a politician in the first place?

Because Traditionalist women voted him into office. Both political parties represent the interests of only their wealthy backers and women. Granted Democrats tend to advocate on behalf of Feminist Women and Republicans Traditionalist Women, but it is fairly obvious that neither political party represents the interests of men at all, because the general concerns that politicians use to get men to vote for them should be everyone's concern.

The reason why that idiots BS fly's, is because some Republican men are whipped little white knights who do everything their traditionalist wife/mother figure tell them to; or because they, like me, only vote Republican because Republican's don't give a &&^% about men one way or another while the Democrats go out of their way to persecute, discriminate, disenfranchise boy's, young men and men.

Maybe in another life I would care, but when an a male is raped by a female in our society, the so called egalitarian's thinks it is so funny. Me personally I find this funny. I find everyone running around like a decapitated chicken to be hilarious. The gender war has never been about men and women. It has always been a war between women.

Like I have said many times, and many times the feminist element here and their supporters ignore me because they don't care for the truth(which is why the cause of leftist women is doomed), start at the beginning. Look up Mothers of the Republic. The Women's Rights Movement that fought for the right to be SAHM's.

I guess if truth about "women's oppression" was ever known, feminist's and other new age lefties wouldn't be able to shame men in subjugation anymore. But what can I say, as a child of the "girl power", boy's are stupid throw rocks at them 90's, this is highly amusing in a morbid kind of way.

The term I use to describe what the traditionalist have done as a response to the 70's is called "The Traditionalist Noose".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The end goal was to make men either a) angry at women/ feminist's or b) apathetic towards the plight of women. The traditionalist's will keep up the offensive, and they will actually be increasing it. The reason why things are happening so fast now is because the traditionalists know they only have a small window to crush leftist women before they themselves would be destroyed by the same mechanisms they are using to get men out of the way.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Its real simple...the people we need in office will never be elected...and the people we dont want in office seem to always be in charge.

How do you change it? Not sure you can at this point. Whatever you do, You have to start by taking the money out of politics...you know damn well theres a corporation sticking their hands in a jar pulling names of the dumbest most manipulated people they can find and sitting back saying.....oh yea..this one will do rather nicely.

You will never see any real true to life smart people get elected in this country....thats why I stopped voting. As for Ron paul...he put up a good fight...alas....he's just too damn smart to win...cause they wont let him.

Betcha I could be senator in 4 years....only...Im sure I will piss a lot of people off in the process.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I think it's actually you, who are being naive ... you are "probably" a woman yourself, and never had to face the intence "hatred" a woman can give you. The enormous and sublte lies, they can produce against you ... women are not "all good", they use their own violence ... and since they are mostly weaker physically, they use other means for violence ...

So, not all rape cases are rape cases ... that is just a fact. And it's more serious, to judge an innocent man, than to let a guilty man go ... that is also another fact of life. And the senators voice here, is also based on facts ... that women who are raped, rarely get pregnant.

In this case I believe you are the naive one, because you "appear" to have the disposition that "all men are guilty" and "all women are victims". The latter premise, is the obvious false one.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It wouldn't surprise me. Nothing said or done, in the name of votes, surprises me anymore...

Pandering to a certain segment of the voting population is as old as democratic style politics.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that pregnancy due to rape is as "rare" as this guy thinks. I assume women are actually most likely to be raped when they are ovulating since they will most likely be dressed up to the 9's, be out and about, and have more confidence in themselves at this time. There is also the contention that they will be giving off pheromones at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join