It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Wow. Both sides of the spectra are taking the bait as usual. You'd never know both parties were actually one in the same given the knee-jerk reactions here on ATS

Obama also stated that there are 59 states ... does that make ALL Dems as ridiculous as he is?

Good grief.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well it's not just the Senate you need worry about, the GOP vice presidential candidate is cut from the same piece of decayed cloth.

The link is a reminder of vice presidential candidate Ryan & Akins attempt to redefine rape to suit their religious sensibilities.
thinkprogress.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by aethertek
Well it's not just the Senate you need worry about, the GOP vice presidential candidate is cut from the same piece of decayed cloth.

The link is a reminder of vice presidential candidate Ryan & Akins attempt to redefine rape to suit their religious sensibilities.
thinkprogress.org...

Kind of like how the ACLU protested changes to the definition of rape that would include men being raped in prison and males being raped by females. Who would of thought that the ACLU is sexist? Ohh wait, they did a fund raising thing with RadFem hub, a group of feminist's that is on record for plotting genderciode(according to the Agent Orange files),

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I seriously doubt that pregnancy due to rape is as "rare" as this guy thinks. I assume women are actually most likely to be raped when they are ovulating since they will most likely be dressed up to the 9's, be out and about, and have more confidence in themselves at this time. There is also the contention that they will be giving off pheromones at this time.

Since we are a society that strives towards gender equality, if a grown woman rapes a little boy, the courts hold that little boy responsible for the rapist's actions. By that token, abortion because of rape is not a valid or justifiable thing(gotta love rules for radical's).

That is the hole leftist's dug themselves into while engaging in wanton misandry these last 20 years.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Originally posted by followtheevidence
Obama also stated that there are 59 states ... does that make ALL Dems as ridiculous as he is?

It was 57.
And it was a MISTAKE. You don't seriously think Obama thinks there are 57 states, do you? Now, what Joe Biden said recently was STUPID!
But not dangerous, IMO.

What bothers me about what the extreme GOP is doing these days is that they're appealing to the ignorant religious extreme of their party to MAKE LAWS that oppress women and other minorities. People are voting these would-be oppressors into governmental offices!

Both sides make their share of gaffes and regretful statements, for sure, but the concerted efforts by the GOP to limit people's rights (voting, contraception, abortion, marriage, etc) is what I find VERY SCARY.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Another topic in which I feel compelled to post.

You know, we should throw alleged rape victims into a well with a stone tied to their feet. If they float, we'll know they're not rape victims and we won't let them have abortions. If they drown, we'll know they're real rape victims, and we'll do our best to save the unborn baby once we pull them up out of the water. (Extreme sarcasm using witch hunt analogy.)

Excuse me while I go throw up.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Originally posted by korathin
Since we are a society that strives towards gender equality, if a grown woman rapes a little boy, the courts hold that little boy responsible for the rapist's actions.

Excuse me? Am I reading this right? You're saying that if a grown woman rapes a young boy, the boy will be found guilty by the courts? Are you serious or have I missed something?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
I think it's actually you, who are being naive ... you are "probably" a woman yourself, and never had to face the intence "hatred" a woman can give you.

Firstly, I'm male

Second, your issue - and it does sound like you have issues - has nothing to do with a candidate for the senate suggesting that victims of rape don't get pregnant.

Do you have anything to add to the actual topic here?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the phrase "legitimate Rape" make you almost sick to contemplate.

I wonder if they believe their own lies. I cant even really think of anything else to post, the viewpoint on this statement should be relatively unanimous..

The sad part of this is all is that some members of the US citizens believe this.
edit on 20-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Another topic in which I feel compelled to post.

You know, we should throw alleged rape victims into a well with a stone tied to their feet. If they float, we'll know they're not rape victims and we won't let them have abortions. If they drown, we'll know they're real rape victims, and we'll do our best to save the unborn baby once we pull them up out of the water. (Extreme sarcasm using witch hunt analogy.)

Excuse me while I go throw up.

Your analogy is spot on. And it's terrifying to realize that this kind of thinking is still around.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I want to say I appreciate the heads up. I'm in Missouri and active in this race. I'm doing everything in my power, as I said I would, to see Claire defeated and thrown into the street. It's a shame we have a pig to replace her with but a Pig beats whatever you want to call her, any day and twice on Sunday.

He'll have to do MUCH more than babble some real bad information and put his foot down his throat to get on my bad side. We have a Vice President who makes a full time career out of putting his foot down his throat and he's not a problem.... I won't condemn this guy over this. Not when the alternative is someone I'd vote for ANYONE..anyone at ALL...to replace, especially.

I'm also going to note something and hope the OP isn't too offended... But the site is, well.....EVERY story that site is carrying is an attack piece on a republican. MOST are on Romney or Ryan and now..our idiot from Missouri is bumping their headlines.

I felt like I was on the DNC website looking for Conservative reports? It doesn't change what this moron said....but it DOES make me wonder just how many people that group is recording the words of 24/7 for the ONCE in a great while they pull a Gotcha from the sea. I'd LOVE to hear Claire say ONE thing she wants to *DO*...but like her buddy in the White House, it's attack attack attack...and oh yeah, she has some kind of plans she'll get to after we re-elect her.

This election is as dirty as they come..and it just keeps getting worse.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

See above as Exhibit A as to just how insane and destructive the hard right is. Forget about country, forget about simple decency, vote out the (very conservative) democrat at all costs because she is not a tea party Republican.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by muse7

no, he said,

"i do not believe harming another innocent victim is the right course of action."

he did not say woman should have to do anything.

Please explain to me how "another innocent victim" can be involved without the woman being involved. Do I really need to spell that out?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by followtheevidence

It was 57.
And it was a MISTAKE. You don't seriously think Obama thinks there are 57 states, do you? Now, what Joe Biden said recently was STUPID!
But not dangerous, IMO.

What bothers me about what the extreme GOP is doing these days is that they're appealing to the ignorant religious extreme of their party to MAKE LAWS that oppress women and other minorities. People are voting these would-be oppressors into governmental offices!

Both sides make their share of gaffes and regretful statements, for sure, but the concerted efforts by the GOP to limit people's rights (voting, contraception, abortion, marriage, etc) is what I find VERY SCARY.

57 states with two more to visit.

That makes 59.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go"

Facts.

So you're all wrong!

Now back on point - and not addressing the above member individually...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

How did we reach a point where Religious idealism = misspeaking???

Misspeaking is a gaff... We all do it. But this Congressman did not misspeak, even if he's spinning it now. He was stating his position.See my previous posts in this thread to see the pattern of Religious extremism. You'll notice that in his published apology he didn't revoke or alter his comment. That "apology" is here - on his own webpage and seems to me as if he's being more defensive than apologetic.

"As a member of Congress, I believe that working to protect the most vulnerable in our society is one of my most important responsibilities, and that includes protecting both the unborn and victims of sexual assault. In reviewing my off-the-cuff remarks, it's clear that I misspoke in this interview and it does not reflect the deep empathy I hold for the thousands of women who are raped and abused every year. Those who perpetrate these crimes are the lowest of the low in our society and their victims will have no stronger advocate in the Senate to help ensure they have the justice they deserve.

"I recognize that abortion, and particularly in the case of rape, is a very emotionally charged issue. But I believe deeply in the protection of all life and I do not believe that harming another innocent victim is the right course of action. I also recognize that there are those who, like my opponent, support abortion and I understand I may not have their support in this election.

I see nothing to lead me to believe that his views changed - he simply apologies for opening his mouth and not for what he had said.

Funny thing is seeing people trying to defend this guy when Romney/Ryan have jumped ship already and even the Huffington Post is offering him up for sacrifice.

"Gov. Romney and Congressman (Paul) Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin's statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said.

~Heff
edit on 8/20/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The Idiocracy is upon us.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, if I still lived in Missouri/Misery, I would vote for him, if only to vote against Claire McCaskill. She was a crook even at the local level in Clay County, the county I grew up in.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well he said he had visited all 57 states with one more to go but that Hawaii and Alaska didn't let him visit (which I assume must have been some sort of attempt at wit?). So technically that's 60 states. Perhaps there are rogue states in existence that we pions know nothing about

But now I'm just being pedantic and ridiculous.

My point being that whatever impression Obama's blunder left on the viewer, it would be unfair to then assume all democrats are alike in that regard - whether it was a mistake or he really doesn't, as a Constitutional lawyer, know how many states there are in America.

Similarly, this Senator Akin's statement shouldn't be interpreted to represent all Republicans.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
SIGH!

Todays Republicans are SCARY STUPID!!!!!!!

edit on 19-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Yes... I went from laughing to terrified the moment I heard he was currently a U.S. Representative for Missouri's 2nd congressional district.

A one man argument on why sex ed matters. This man is legislating on issues that effect 150 Million women and he doesn't understand how reproduction works.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Women only have a 2-4 day window when they can get pregnant each cycle. That's the reason few rapes result in pregnancy.

As a rape survivor, the absolute idiocy of this makes my blood boil. Honestly, how ignorant can someone truly be?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare

Yeah just like they say getting pregnant without intercourse is rare...but it happens! Who the hell is this guy grow a brain you moron. (to the senator)

edit on 20-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join