It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by neo96

The problem isn't that he's pro-life. The problem is that he is saying if you got pregnant from a rape it means you actually wanted to be raped. It doesn't matter if you're pro-life or pro-choice that is just an extremely stupid and horrific statement to make.

Quote that from the article specifically please.

Direct quotation where he said if you got pregnant from a rape they wanted to be raped.

not from atkins perhaps,
but you yourself posted on the "if you were raped, god wanted it to happen" thread if memory serves
so just check your own posting history

searching rape with ats search

seems to show that the ole patriarchal "right to rape" is alive and kicking in some parts of the us

edit on 19-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

Link the post please:

“Let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work, or something,” Akin said. “I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

The "right to rape" ??????

1st, read the linked extext in the post above the one youre replying to its hard to miss
and

2-follow intructions, and do the search yourself, saah

edit on 19-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed bbcode massacre

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So I guess women who get raped should be forced to have the child, even if the woman is at risk of losing her life as a result of complications from pregnancy.

I'm getting tired of the partisan hacks here who support their party even if it means supporting ignorant statements like the one this particular senate candidate made.

Yeah this is 2012, which means women who get raped should have the CHOICE of whether to abort the unwanted embryo or give birth to it.

edit on 8/19/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Fine let's talk about partisan hackery the same people that says "women should have a choice" then turn around and try to tell others what to do with their bodies such as:

No smoking
No transfats
No big gulps
No guns

etc,

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

this guy is nuts. Just goes to show you all, that you need ZERO brains to be a representative. ZeRO!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh that's nothing check out this Mensa graduate:www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

WOW! Does this Todd Akin character work at being an idiot or was he born this way? I don't think a woman's body can automatically tell the difference between consensual sperm and rape sperm. What a moron. It sounds to me like this Todd Akin might be missing a gene or two in the brain development area. It's amazing how many times politicians will open their mouths to change feet. I wonder what would happen if a "doctor" told him that Monsanto's GMO foods were slowly killing people? Probably nothing, even if he had hard proof....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
stories like this, you either laugh or cry.
good luck USA.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

The guy is anti abortion who is trying to save the life of a child(many of them) that has no capacity to fight back which makes him stupid,extremist etc.

The man is an idiot who expects a woman to carry her rapists child. Do you have any idea of the concept of that from a woman's point of view?

Force into sex. Humiliated. Degraded. Violated.

And then some fool comes along and tells her she has to carry the child of the man who did that to her - a daily reminder of the event for 9 months of pregnancy, the whole birthing process and a lifetime reminder of the event afterwards.

That's not politics. That's not even religion. That's just pure evil sadism.

No one has the right to say that to a woman when it can be prevented. No one.

Its 2012 dammit, not the stone age.

True and even worse, she then is FORCED by the STATE to literally pay for the crime done to her via a lifetime of expenses of the child. She likely would have deal with the rapist the rest of her life via child support. Maybe the criminal decides he likes being a daddy after gets out of prison, so the woman is forced to interact with her rapist at "happy times," like graduations, birthdays, weddings, etc.

CRUEL and UNUSUAL does not even begin to describe it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

Fine let's talk about partisan hackery the same people that says "women should have a choice" then turn around and try to tell others what to do with their bodies such as:

No smoking
No transfats
No big gulps
No guns

etc,

You almost had me. You had me until this:

No guns

Unless you are talking about your muscles, where do guns come into the discussion?

Is this an honest response, or a bait & switch?
edit on 19-8-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What exactly are these defenses? I didn't know womens bodies discriminated against unwanted male sperm....lol

Its like he is telling these women, "go lift a heavy box" or something along those lines, its pretty pathetic.

I'm not pro abortion personally, but its not my business to be involved in it, the guy should of kept his reply short sweet and to the point, and not went down that road.
edit on 19-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

www.physiciansforlife.org...

Take this for what it is worth.

Calling people stupid over it?

That is ones prerogative.

It is not worth anything because it is religious mumbo jumbo.
Hey, do you believe it?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by seagull

Its not really a party politics thing... when it boils down to it the question is how can someone who comes out with something so crassly stupid actually be in a position where they can run for senate - and who the hell would vote for them?

I'm sure guys like that have their own special constituency.

I hear they even let them ride on their own very special bus to school.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by muse7

No smoking
No transfats
No big gulps
No guns

etc,

No one is prevented from enjoying any of those things.
Now, if the only thing getting in the way of my abortion is that I have to step outside to have one, then you might have a point.
In NY I can still smoke, eat fried food, own a gun, and wash it down with as much soda as I like.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
is this a scientific fact?

i don't know, i'am not a doctor.

but if you support the mass murder of children,
then don't vote for the guy.

it's really quite simple folks

either you support mass murder,

or you don't.

what's the genocide up to?

70,000,000 murdered.
but it's a choice right?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I'm all for voting pro-life in elections but, when somebody says something that dumb, you really gotta have 2nd thoughts about voting for them.

There are plenty of intelligent, articulate pro-lifers out there. Just one numbskull like this guy makes the whole movement look stupid. Its better to condemn him for his stupid remark than it is to blindly support him just because he's pro-life and let everyone think all pro-lifers are that stupid.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I want to say I appreciate the heads up. I'm in Missouri and active in this race. I'm doing everything in my power, as I said I would, to see Claire defeated and thrown into the street. It's a shame we have a pig to replace her with but a Pig beats whatever you want to call her, any day and twice on Sunday.

He'll have to do MUCH more than babble some real bad information and put his foot down his throat to get on my bad side. We have a Vice President who makes a full time career out of putting his foot down his throat and he's not a problem.... I won't condemn this guy over this. Not when the alternative is someone I'd vote for ANYONE..anyone at ALL...to replace, especially.

I'm also going to note something and hope the OP isn't too offended... But the site is, well.....EVERY story that site is carrying is an attack piece on a republican. MOST are on Romney or Ryan and now..our idiot from Missouri is bumping their headlines.

I felt like I was on the DNC website looking for Conservative reports? It doesn't change what this moron said....but it DOES make me wonder just how many people that group is recording the words of 24/7 for the ONCE in a great while they pull a Gotcha from the sea. I'd LOVE to hear Claire say ONE thing she wants to *DO*...but like her buddy in the White House, it's attack attack attack...and oh yeah, she has some kind of plans she'll get to after we re-elect her.

This election is as dirty as they come..and it just keeps getting worse.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Saw this earlier today. If americans allow this man into an office, I lose all faith. Period. What a despicable and archaic line of thinking.

"real rape". Perhaps he needs to experience an "only partially real" rape, so he knows that there is no such thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
is this a scientific fact?

i don't know, i'am not a doctor.

but if you support the mass murder of children,
then don't vote for the guy.

it's really quite simple folks

either you support mass murder,

or you don't.

what's the genocide up to?

70,000,000 murdered.
but it's a choice right?

Woohoo! propaganda and rhetoric! Awesome!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Message to Russia and China: If this guy is "legitimately" elected, you have my blessing to take Missouri. Any other state, until the people of that state prove themselves to be at least as stupid, I will defend against an invading army. Seriously. If this guy is voted in, the people of Missouri are no longer Americans IMO.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join