It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Take "Republican" out of the agenda for a minute, and ask yourself how an educated man in 2012 can make such a statement.

The guy is no spring chicken - he's obviously been around the block a bit - surely he must realise how crassly stupid and downright offensive what he says is?

You moderate an internet forum and probably spend quite a bit of time surfing video sites like youtube or live leak and you wrote this with a straight face???

go to google and type stupid things people say or do and you will find dozens that are equally or worse than this guy.
edit on 20-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Women only have a 2-4 day window when they can get pregnant each cycle. That's the reason few rapes result in pregnancy.

As a rape survivor, the absolute idiocy of this makes my blood boil. Honestly, how ignorant can someone truly be?

Answer: pretty damned ignorant.

My heart goes out to you as a survivor. It enrages me when people get so caught up in their ideologies they forget there are real people who stand to suffer because of them.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by neformore

Nef...

Welcome to what it feels like to be an American. I live here, and see extreme evangelical irrationality on just about a daily basis in my real life.

The frightening part is that a couple of decades ago only shady TV preachers would go this far out publicly... Now, with the ultra conservatism sweeping through the country - many people will not only admire this mans message - they will vote for him because of it.

Scary stuff indeed.

~Heff

And a note for all you "normal" Christians. At this point, you are the same as the alleged "good cops." You know, the ones who know who the bad apples are, but are either too afraid to denounce them or silently agree with them and cover for them, excuse them away as just an occasional bad actor.

edit on 19-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

JUST thought this should be said again!! Why do normal Christians allow this to happen???????? For one, the whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. How could anyone agree with his statement?

The probable reason "REAL RAPES" dont have childbirth as a result is because of the morning after pill!!
www.mayoclinic.com...

But of course lets think about all the rapes that go unreported out of fear, that end up pregnant.....These politicians are CRAZY!!

Here is an article I found that debates the morning after pill ..... www.cbsnew... s.com/8301-504763_162-57448998-10391704/investigation-reveals-morning-after-pill-may-not-prevent-implantation/

Doesnt the Senate, Congress and President have better things to do???

LIKE ummm maybe BALANCE OUR BUDGET!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In Todd Akin's fairy land, women who are raped can't get pregnant, therefore, no need for abortions.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

Yeah I also have never heard of that 2-4 days, I have heard that women like a couple days maybe 4 or 5 will be the time they are most fertile not only when they can get pregnant....I think he got them mixed up lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare

Yeah just like they say getting pregnant without intercourse is rare...but it happens! Who the hell is this guy grow a brain you moron. (to the senator)

edit on 20-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

I just snorted out my coffee....

Thank you for bringing some much needed mirth to a highly charged topic. I will now hold off purchasing that pitchfork and torch.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
why is government even involved in this?? A woman should be allowed to kill babies at their leisure. Whether it be because they are promiscuous, not ready financially, unready emotionally, victim of contraceptive failure., or victims of a crime.

They have to live with the consequences of their actions. Give them the power to decide who enters this world.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

The amount of unreported rapes and assaults on the reservation I come from is astounding. Some women are too afraid of a backlash. If a man is reported to have raped or beaten a woman, his family might step in and start threatening and harassing the woman so she will keep her mouth shut. Her and her family might be threatened. In some cases, if a woman wants to report it, and is afraid, she has to get to a safe house or undisclosed location.

The idiocy of what is coming out of Tom Akins mouth gives way to more rapists claiming that the child they created is not really theirs, since women can't get pregnant from rape.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

A woman should be allowed to kill babies at their leisure

Put them up for adoption and be a woman about it instead of a judge. That comment just makes me want to puke!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
why is government even involved in this?? A woman should be allowed to kill babies at their leisure. Whether it be because they are promiscuous, not ready financially, unready emotionally, victim of contraceptive failure., or victims of a crime.

They have to live with the consequences of their actions. Give them the power to decide who enters this world.

The ignorance that a woman can't conceive from the stress of rape, is just what they want to use to push their agenda. And what in the hell is a "legitimate" rape anyway. Who are they to define that for a woman.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Uh huh... because all of those things are the same.

You'll notice one of them is a violation of a persons human dignity - the others were choices.

And to answer your question directly. The reason governments pass laws on matters like this is to protect the majority of Americans from extremists.

I accept that not all people see things as I do and I respect their opinions - and their rights to those opinions. Do you think Akin would say the same in reply?

Or, would he simply mandate his ideologies?

~Heff
edit on 8/20/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by votan

A woman should be allowed to kill babies at their leisure

Put them up for adoption and be a woman about it instead of a judge. That comment just makes me want to puke!!!!

The comment is a little brash, but the reality of this is, contraceptives fail, women get pregnant, and some do not want to carry the baby to term and adopt the child out. A woman's uterus does not belong to anyone else, it should be her private choice to make, and no one should stand in her way.

I would not have an abortion unless it was absolutely necessary to preserve my life, as I have another child to raise. I want that option open for myself and other women though. What if we started telling men what to do with their bodies? Think that would fly? Nope!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

REMINDER:

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

I know its your body and whatnot your decision. Just like its the murder's decision to pull the trigger. Killing is killing there is no in between if you kill something it can't be not killing it. Just like murder is murder. But I guess people are not evolved enough to see what human life really means but whatever. Why do you people think there is so much violence in the world...because the majority of people are insane.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this kind of puts bidens "shackles and chains of wall street" sentences in perspective, doesn't it?...i don't understand how 1 woman would vote for this guy when he publicaly comes out and says that....imagine what he thinks and hasn't said.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Exactly. No one is making laws based on Biden's chains, Obama's 57-states or Palin's many gaffes. It's an entirely different thing to suggest that women who get raped can somehow WILL themselves not to get pregnant IN ORDER TO make laws against a woman's right to her own medical care and reproductive choices.

If what this man said was true, there would be ZERO abortions, because we could just "think it out of there".

edit on 8/20/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I know its your body and whatnot

Yeah. It's just my body and "whatnot". No biggie.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Along with European monarchies, this bonehead is a fine example of the dangers of inbreeding.

Mark Twain: "Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself...."

Mark also said "There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Senator is correct.

And ........is it really a matter of choice? In China women are forced to abort - they have no such thing as a "choice." On the contrary, America women condemn their children to death voluntarily as though it were the right and proper thing to do. In China and in America the practice of infanticide will come back to haunt each nation - in a big way. This behavior is actually the mark of the end of a civilization. Think about that for a moment before you assent to such things. This goes for men as well as women.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join