It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Personally, I'm glad someone has the testicles to challenge bad policy.

No, it's not the kid's fault that their parents had them here. It is the parent's responsibility to look after their kin, not the State.

No one gave my relatives a free pass. I don't see why Mexicans should not be subjected to the same laws.
edit on 8/18/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by beezzer

No?!

They aren't citizens, they don't have access to those programs regardless. This is just a stop gap so that those illegals CAN move towards citizenship without the fear of being deported.

~Tenth

May as well give it up Tenth. Truth cannot pierce the bubble of high tensile strength ignorance...or stupidity.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm honestly tired of Brewer. Her actions often seem more contrary than gubernatorial. She seems to revel in being an obstructionist.

Honestly, what is the harm in letting people who were brought here as children, through no fault of their own - and have known no other country - have a path to legal citizenship? We get their taxes, they get peace of mind.
edit on 8/18/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

Someone disagrees with you and they are automatically stupid and ignorant.

Take a look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You do realize that this law applies to children who were brought here illegally by their parents. These people had no choice in the matter and committed no crime. I am astounded by the lenghts your hatred for Pres Obama goes that you pretend to not understand what something is about so that you can bash him yet again. Like you do about once a week.

In MY opinion IT IS about how many more votes he can get on November 8th, and nothing more!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
If you have state issued identification, you can register to vote.

Do you really want to allow the children of illegal aliens, who are not citizens to vote?

The situation with these children/young adults is tragic. However, a line must be drawn somewhere. Governor Brewer's decision to withhold driver's licenses and state funded assistance is appropriate.

That's the whole idea....more votes for "you know who!"

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
However when it comes to the children of illegals, who were brought here and raised here, without the choice of remaining in their own country, it's not right to deport them back to a place they have no real roots in.

To a certain extent I agree with you on this one - it is not the child’s fault their parents broke the law. However, this whole issue could have been avoided if anyone at any step in the myriad of government funded entitlements for the children that someone (anyone) would have had some sort of sense of civic duty and checked the child's (and then the parents if it was in question) immigration status.

Bottom line the whole issue is the direct result of our own failure to enforce good civic discipline and fiscal responsibility at the point of origin for services. Which entity of government has this responsibility – the federal government. However, for some reason regardless of the letter at the end of their name they failed to enforce the laws.

There are numerous steps at which the child’s (and through them their parents) immigration status could and should be checked. When (if) they attempt to get any sort of government assistance i.e. medical treatment through Medicaid, food stamps, welfare or even unemployment. If these agencies checked status to ensure that the individual requesting it was legally a citizen or in the country legally we'd solve half the problem.

Secondly, when we let these kids enroll for school we should validate their status - at no time did our founders envision the taxpayers funding the education of the world. Just because you are here doesn't make you entitled to go to school on the taxpayer dole.

The argument to this is that it would discourage the children of illegal’s from putting their kids into school for fear they‘d be caught and deported and result in large numbers of illegal children ending up uneducated. To that I say good, the point is to catch and deport them and to the uneducated children I say – not my problem.

I have all the kids I want to raise you want an American education then immigrate legally I will hug you and your kids at the ceremony and embrace you as a fellow citizen. Until then these adults who bring their children here and the children are leaches on our resources and unless you live under a rock you know they are limited and dwindling rapidly.

To not check at that point (school enrollment) encourages them to stay longer - then it’s a bleeding heart issue like it is now. "I mean now they are American's in all but name right?"

Since we didn’t check for whatever reason when they were 5 now we have the sad face issue…

All the “smartest people in the room” up there in the federal government couldn’t see this happening? I think they did and they engineered it for some reason. If we stopped it early it would have never got to this point.

The difference is when the federal government runs out of money they just print more – States don’t have that luxury that is why they are fighting back. If you force a person (or an entity) into a corner expect them to fight back.

Honestly – I think it’s all being engineered to start another civil war so the federal government can seize more power.

The fed - (both R and D btw) are intentionally burdening the States with programs they can't afford and laws they can't enforce - pushing the people... why?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Everyone gets that it is not the fault of the child being brought here illegally. Everyone can sympathize with their plight. The problem is that we shouldn't have laws for some and not others. The problem is that we have millions of un-employed citizens and these kids who shouldn't be here in the first place will be given work permits.

When you have citizens who are falling through the cracks and make a buck or two above the poverty limit and have to choose between food or life saving medications, their is a problem.They are recieving no help while illegals are recieving help at every turn. Illegals get jobs, free schooling up to grade 12, in state college tuition, a derred program where they won't be deported etc. This deferred program includes 'kids' up to 30! That is no kid! Those people had plenty of time to become legal and chose not to.

In this economy we must care for our own citizens and worry about others later. It is not our fault the illegals made the wrong choice and we shouldn't have to pay the consequences.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm honestly tired of Brewer. Her actions often seem more contrary than gubernatorial. She seems to revel in being an obstructionist.

Honestly, what is the harm in letting people who were brought here as children, through no fault of their own - and have known no other country - have a path to legal citizenship? We get their taxes, they get peace of mind.
edit on 8/18/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Kosmicjack, These kids have known no other country and are strangers to their own country becauuse of their own parents. We already have a path to citizenship and if it needs fixing, we should fix it. But we do have a path and many take that path with great respect. Is it right to put these illegal kids ahead of the line of all those people already coming here through the proper channels? Should we be able to pick and choose which laws to follow, which laws suits us the best? None of us can pick and choose. Either we go to jail or pay a fine. The illegals get deported.

First we get the deferred program for the kids, next there will be a big to do about the parents being deported and families being seperated so the parents shouldn't get deported.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Unless the government is going to benefit in it in some way, [whatever law] will be illegal. This is going to benefit the government (left-side) in one or many ways, therefor it's legal.

Politics is pretty simple once you start placing dollar signs everywhere.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join