It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive order from Governor Jan Brewer blocks IDs, benefits for illegal immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

How many white Americans have been checked of ID under their new law?

~Tenth

I wonder how many white people are crossing the border from Mexico every night. That is probably the exact same number of white people who have had ID's checked. Checking for illegals among the hispanic population is not racial profiling, it is heads up law enforcement.
edit on 8-16-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to get the tags right.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What's so hard to understand about this: Their parents brought them over. Their parents should be deported. They should be deported with them.

They shouldn't blame us, they should blame their parents for being criminals.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

What's so hard to understand about this: Their parents brought them over. Their parents should be deported. They should be deported with them.

They shouldn't blame us, they should blame their parents for being criminals.

I have to disagree. With the border so porous and the redtape of immigration so cumbersome, I don't blame them for coming illegally, and I've worked with a lot of illegals that were better than US citizens when it comes to work ethic and desire to be good citizens.

It is our fault as much as theirs. We refuse to take the menial jobs as farm laborers or chicken plants, and then we cry about the unemployment rate. When Americans re-instill the national pride, personal responsibility, and work ethic that built this country, and when we secure the borders, and when we cut the red tape and run the government efficiently, THEN we can call them criminals. Until then, they are just opportunists capitalizing on our own failures.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hi ya'll,

I grew up in a grocery store. My mom brought me here when I was about 4 years old.

I've been eating the food, using the bathroom and also I've been learning to speak the language.

Now, the store manager told me that if I give him some money, I can stay here and even have a job.

Poor Sam, who applied for the job is out of luck. But, hey...I'm good.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hello, How is dealing with the "latino" immigration issue, racist, when the country to the south is of LATINO descent? Jan Brewer is just doing what ever other state should do, and stop helping all Illegal citizens get paid. This does not just apply for ONLY Latino, which WOULD be racist, this deals with ALL Illegal Immigrants. The fact that you paid someone, knowingly, to get you across any border is a moral and ethical principle which makes you illegal. Try to get into another country without your passport. I wish this would have been happening much sooner. Also, on a much LARGER scale. thank you.

edit on 16-8-2012 by teknoaddikt83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

How about all taxes to the FED are stopped forthwith? then what? I'll tell you. We Secede from the United States and become our own Entity. Then we really will be able to close our borders.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have to disagree. With the border so porous and the redtape of immigration so cumbersome, I don't blame them for coming illegally, and I've worked with a lot of illegals that were better than US citizens when it comes to work ethic and desire to be good citizens.

Te next Mother !@$ Theresa could skip over the border. I don't care.. it should be a blanket enforced rule, no exceptions, you MUST come legally. Regardless how much red tape there is.

It is our fault as much as theirs. We refuse to take the menial jobs as farm laborers or chicken plants, and then we cry about the unemployment rate.

What a load of BS. Pure BS. Are you telling me 20 years ago Americans were not doing the same jobs? No Americans want to be landscapers, welders, carpenters, roofers, builders, cooks, etc etc etc?

I'm sick and tired of the "they do jobs we don't want" argument, because it's nothing but BS. If corporate agri wanted to pay an actual wage for their farm hands, we wouldn't need to rely on immigrants to perform slave labor, would we?

Has NOTHING to do with work ethic. Has EVERYTHING to do with PROFIT.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Umms sorry, but I'm not playing the race card. Jan Brewer has shown on multiple ocasions that she is firmly against ANY kind of immigration policy that doesn't include deporting EVERY illegal immigrant she can find.

And this is bad? How? And note the key word is "illegal". I have no problem with immigrants coming into the country as long as it's "legally". I say more power to her, I hope more states grow back bones and follow her lead, guess that's makes me racist too, huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

No Americans want to be landscapers, welders, carpenters, roofers, builders, cooks, etc etc etc?

I'm sick and tired of the "they do jobs we don't want" argument, because it's nothing but BS.

You're just wrong. We were hiring laborers to manufacture and hang synthetic stone. Paying $10 to $15 per hour, and we couldn't keep an employee more than a couple of weeks at a time. It was hot, stone is heavy, we started early, and nobody wanted those jobs, so we hired some Mexicans of questionable legality, and they did excellent work for about 2 years.

I used to work at a chicken plant in Arkansas. We ran about about 50% line capacity at all times, because they couldn't fill the job openings. They ran radio and TV ads, and had hiring fairs, and used Manpower and Adecco, but nobody would work there. It is bloody, cold, stinky, and it paid $12 to$14 per hour 20 years ago, and they couldn't fill the positions. While those positions went unfilled, the towns around there suffered with poverty, unemployment, drug problems, and had some of the highest welfare percentages in the whole country.

The welfare mentality has ruined the working man. People would rather collect their benefits instead of making a little bit more money but having to work hard for it.

I agree that the borders do need secured. I am appalled that there hasn't been a fence down both the north and south borders for the last 200 years. There should be a fence, there should be towers, there should be armed guards, and checkpoints and flyovers. I totally agree with all of that, but I don't agree that all illegal immigrants are criminals. I'd rather deport our homeless and welfare recipients instead of the working illegals.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The problem is that Jan Brewer actually doesn't want to solve the illegal immigration problem, other than throw them all out, put up a 100 foot fence and shoot anybody who tries to cross it.

~Tenth

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I wish she would so Exactly what you stated.

Let me guess.......you don't live in a border state do you?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Good for her. This is an issue that is tough to crack no matter what side your on. However we do have laws in place to deal with immigration. There is a major problem when the laws we currently have in place are not being upheld. Even though these may not be the best laws they are still laws and should be enforced by our Govt until the people change those laws. Obama blatantly ignoring and refusing the enforce those laws is a direct reflection on him not the nation. Obama is not fit to be president. He never was and never will be.

As for what the Gov of Arizona is doing I agree with her. She has a fiduciary obligation to the people of Arizona to protect their state sovereignty and up hold Arizona law. If immigration is a problem there (which we all know it is) Then it is her duty to address the problem. She is doing her job, why are there not as many people complaining about Obama not doing his?

Wow !

Somebody actually get it......

It's a nasty problem but it needs to be fixed. Unfortunately there is no win-win scenario. No matter what you do certain groups are going to be butt hurt, offended and lives are going to be hurt.
That being said I believe that the group that shouldn't be hurt by the decision is American citizens.
If you were born here or been here since you were a baby and they are over 18 then I could get behind a way to help them as long as they have no police record and are gainfully employed and or going to school full time (on their own money).

But I would ship the parents back immediately as they are the ones that came here illegally and knowingly did it.

I know everybody needs to prove what a humanitarian they are but the way I feel if you don't live here in Arizona or another border state then you have no idea what your talking about and should take a step back.

It's so easy to be an armchair quarterback when you are no having to deal with the problems day in and day out like we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PLA1

You know you don't pay for a job, right?

You pay for the training and education to get a job, but not to get a job.

The guy's ripping you off.

If this is serious.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I'm about to make a post that will probably bring disagreement from both sides of the political divide but it's how I feel.

I don't have a huge problem with the program in and of itself. I'm trying to put myself in their position as to how I would feel if my parents took me to a foreign country as an infant. It would be the only home I ever knew, the main culture I identified with, the language I spoke, the country where my roots truly were and the friends I made. It would not be my fault. From what I understand, this is only available to the youth in GOOD STANDING with the law, in school or finished school, and for them to be here without fear since it was not their fault.

On the other hand...

I can completely support Brewer's decision to stop benefits to illegals. It's just common sense. Under no reason whatsoever should illegals be eligible for benefits paid for by the taxpayers.

The main issue I have with this 'amnesty' (or whatever you want to call it) is that our economy is so very tough right now with high unemployment. It hardly seems fair citizens should suffer. However, my heart does go out to the youth who had no choice but to be raised here.

On a site note, from what I understand Congress killed the Dream Act by voting it down but Obama went ahead with it anyways? I really don't think that is right for him to bypass the checks and balances.

It's a tough situation all the way around created by our porous borders for decades.
edit on 8/16/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

With that being said, our OWN citizens must take precedence over the "poor" youth, for we have suffered enough in the sense that these benefits for them are paid... with OUR high taxes...how in the name of reason is this just and fair? America has denounced it's own tax-abiding citizens in favor of " people" who are NOT...I repeat, NOT legal citizens! I question with redundancy WHY they are given rights ahead of our own citizens who pay taxes for years?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If these kids are strangers to their own countries, there is no one to blame but their parents. They came here with total disregard to our laws. If we break a law, we go to jail or get fined. These parents must pay the consequences, return home and take their children with them.

With millions of un-employed citizens, the last thing we need are millions of these deferred kids taking jobs. Oh and by the way, this program includes children up to 30 years old!!!! Since when is a 30 year old a child?

These kids have been placed on a pedestal, above the law and above all those coming here through the proper channels. What a slap in the face! How is this right or fair? It isn't!

Our citizens need jobs to survive, we shouldn't be rewarding the kids of people who blatantly broke our laws. It is not the kids fault, but it ceratinly isn't ours either. If the parents never would have come here, these kids wouldn't be here in the first place.

And here is something else to ponder...most of these kids will be having kids of their own. Potentially millions more anchor babies. Millions more that shouldn't be here.

Many of these kids are old enough to come here through the proper channels. If they love and respect this country, that is what they should do, not jump ahead of others because they feel entitled. What makes them more important?
edit on 16-8-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by getreadyalready

Te next Mother !@$ Theresa could skip over the border. I don't care.. it should be a blanket enforced rule, no exceptions, you MUST come legally. Regardless how much red tape there is.

It is our fault as much as theirs. We refuse to take the menial jobs as farm laborers or chicken plants, and then we cry about the unemployment rate.

What a load of BS. Pure BS. Are you telling me 20 years ago Americans were not doing the same jobs? No Americans want to be landscapers, welders, carpenters, roofers, builders, cooks, etc etc etc?

I'm sick and tired of the "they do jobs we don't want" argument, because it's nothing but BS. If corporate agri wanted to pay an actual wage for their farm hands, we wouldn't need to rely on immigrants to perform slave labor, would we?

Has NOTHING to do with work ethic. Has EVERYTHING to do with PROFIT.

I agree!!!!!! Believe me, these illegals have infiltrated almost every area of the workforce. I worked with many myself and we wern't plucking vegetables or chickens!!!

I have seen with my own eyes, citizens perfectly qualified for a job and in walks an illegal instead barely speaking a word of english! And before anyone jumps down my throat, they tell you they are illegal once they get to know you and trust you. I learned a lot about how to screw the system, not that I would dare, but they tell you everything! It isn't a pretty picture. Some of these folks were really nice, humerous and great company, but man were they decietful. But that's another story.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I"m not saying it isn't.

I just don't think Jan Brewer is doing the right thing overall for her state.

She hasn't solved the problem with her radical policy. The Federal Government and the States need to come up with a plan, together, in order to combat the problem.

However when it comes to the children of illegals, who were brought here and raised here, without the choice of remaining in their own country, it's not right to deport them back to a place they have no real roots in.

~Tenth

She IS doing the right thing. The feds have done nothing but look the other way. We have a plan, existing laws that need to be enforced. More time and money is wasted with court battles over the illegal immigration issue. It is ridiculous.

Everyone can sympathize with it not being the fault of the children, but they are strangers to their own country because of the decision of their parents. It is not my fault.It is not the fault of any American. It is not the fault of all those coming here with great respect for our laws and country through the proper channels. So why should anyone pay the consequences?

Why oh why should the people who have paid their dues and waited their time and did everything that was expected of them, have to be shoved to the back of the line? That is absurd. Do you feel that is right or fair? Why should any American citizen have to compete for a job with these kids?

How many times have we seen where ICE raided places and deported sometimes thousands of illegals and those positions were immediately filled by citizens??? There are not enough jobs for everyone! Here in Rhode Island we recently had 50 firefighter positions and close to 3000 applicants!!!!!

How many job opportunities have been lost because our citizens are forced to speak spanish in order to get hired? Illegal immigration is wrong on so many levels. Usually people are fine with illegals as long as it doesn't affect them personally.

More and more people are falling through the cracks every day. These jobs should go to our citizens who are desperately trying to care for themselves and their families.

This program like I said before includes 'kids' up to 30. Well they are NOT kids by any means. You mean to tell me that in all these years they couldn't become legal citizens by going through the proper channels? I am just upset that this whole thing has gotten so out of hand for so many years. So many sympathizers for the illegals and none whatsoever for the honest citizen or for those coming here the right way.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Evere heard of the term reconquista? This has been manufactured from day 1

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'm trying to put myself in their position as to how I would feel if my parents took me to a foreign country as an infant. It would be the only home I ever knew, the main culture I identified with, the language I spoke, the country where my roots truly were and the friends I made. It would not be my fault. From what I understand, this is only available to the youth in GOOD STANDING with the law, in school or finished school, and for them to be here without fear since it was not their fault.

If I put myself in the position of the kids, I would be pissed at my parents. I would turn them in if they are still with me in the country, and when I got back to the hell hole they brought me from, I would either try to change things their or work to come back to the US.

Of course, my parents raised me to do the right thing, not break the law or take advantage of people. So I guess in that way I am a little biased.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I'm trying to put myself in their position as to how I would feel if my parents took me to a foreign country as an infant. It would be the only home I ever knew, the main culture I identified with, the language I spoke, the country where my roots truly were and the friends I made. It would not be my fault. From what I understand, this is only available to the youth in GOOD STANDING with the law, in school or finished school, and for them to be here without fear since it was not their fault.

If I put myself in the position of the kids, I would be pissed at my parents. I would turn them in if they are still with me in the country, and when I got back to the hell hole they brought me from, I would either try to change things their or work to come back to the US.

Of course, my parents raised me to do the right thing, not break the law or take advantage of people. So I guess in that way I am a little biased.

I'd be pissed at my parents too, but I wouldn't expect or demand rights in a country I didn't belong to. I'd be depressed as hell, pissed as hell, but still, how could I fault the country my parents brought me to? My ancestors all came through the proper channels, except the native american ones who were already here.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What part of these kids not being granted citizenship through any automatic means do you not UNDERSTAND? What part of these kids being brought here as toddlers in many cases and have no notion of being a citizen of the country they originated from? Would we ever penalize a child for a crime their parent committed? NO! Then why do you suggest that we ship these kids back to a country that they have no recollection of and force them to "get in the back of the line" to serve out a punishment imo that they do not deserve??? How is that at all fair or just? How will legalizing these kids, which would take 10+ years be considered amnesty, how can they then turn around and petition for their parents to be legalized which in turn takes another 10-20 years? How does that even make sense and how is that even a valid argument when no one in their right mind would rather wait 30 years to get legalized through their children which they brought illegally which would eventually become legal rather than wait 10 years for a visa? How does that even make sense in your mind or in anyone's mind who opposes the DREAM Act? Do you or anyone who opposes it actually know the inner-workings of the immigration system? Have any of you even read the DREAM Act? Have any of you even read the change in detainment policy that Obama put out that lead to this Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy being enacted by DHS??? If you honestly read any of that or had a flipping clue about how jacked up the immigration laws are in this country then you would honestly not have that *ship them back where they came from* attitude, unless you actually don't care about justice or have no shred of sympathy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join