It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

So, do you all believe Jesus is God? Yes or no? So if Jesus is God...and Mary gave birth to Jesus.....then what does it make Mary??? Simple question, really.

I answered you, and I gave you Jesus take on the issue.

Mary is the mother of God, as all the Catholics will verify, I told you its a title that means nothing and showed you where Jesus himself said as much.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I believe that if God is omnipotent then he is in every blade of grass,every animal,even in my keyboard!we are all Gods.so yeah Jesus is God too.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
So if Jesus is God...and Mary gave birth to Jesus.....then what does it make Mary???

Not sure why you ignored it in my post above, but here it is again:

Yes, Catholics use the term "Mother of God", directly in the intercessory prayer "Hail Mary"

This title doesn't mean that she pre-existed Jesus, it's just a reference to the fact that she carried him in her womb and provided the DNA for his incarnation.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

...no relics exist of Mary - no tomb, no mention of her dying - and it seems a bit weird that she would just kind of disappear, unless she did.

That is because she went to Britain with her uncle Joseph, and died at Avalon. It is not well known, but it is true.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

reply to post by Lazarus Short

reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

reply to post by benrl

So, do you all believe Jesus is God?
Yes or no?

So if Jesus is God...and Mary gave birth to Jesus.....then what does it make Mary???

Simple question, really.

Simple answer. I do believe Jesus is God and that Mary is the mother of God.
Why is that hard to understand?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Jesus also never made any theology over himself being God.

That shows a misunderstanding of the original text, Look into Jesus's I AM statements, every time he made them the Pharisees would get pissed at him.

The I AM statements as in what the Burning bush told Moses it was, "I Am".

He was declaring that HE Jesus, was the I Am of the old testament.

Jesus left very little room for what he was, he either was what he said he was, or he was a complete fraud, there is no middle ground.

Purely based of the existing text that reference him which comes down to just the 4 gospels really.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No offense but I think the whole point of religion is lost when you try to logically describe it, that is why it is called faith. I myself am a spiritual person and whole-heartily believe in something greater than myself. The fact is all religions have a common point of birth that got lost, distorted and separated by people. You think different cultures and believes all sprouted out at the same time. The only way to truly have a logical discussion about religion is by admitting not any one is the right one and that all have something we can learn from or else it is just bias point of view. Having said that I respect anyone that has faith and uses in a way that brings happiness to themselves an those around them through their actions not by trying to preach their beliefs but only teaching them to those interested in learning. Trying to logically explain it is a losing battle, faith requires no proof and attempting to obtain facts to argue in ones favor shows doubt which says that person does not truly have faith.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I told you its a title that means nothing and showed you where Jesus himself said as much.

It may be a title.... but its obvious that Mary gave birth to Jesus, making her his mother, right?

So , if Jesus is God, then what does it make Mary, his mother?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

So , if Jesus is God, then what does it make Mary, his mother?

Do you wish me to keep repeating myself, you keep asking me the same question which I answered.

You know what they say about keep doing the same thing expecting different results right?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by benrl

So, do you all believe Jesus is God?
Yes or no?

Simple question, really.

Well, if you want an explicit answer: Yes! Jesus is God, my Savior, Lord, and Kinsman! Theologically, Mary hardly matters - she was a vessel, nothing more.

link   

Not sure why you ignored it in my post above, but here it is again:

Yes, Catholics use the term "Mother of God", directly in the intercessory prayer "Hail Mary"

This title doesn't mean that she pre-existed Jesus, it's just a reference to the fact that she carried him in her womb and provided the DNA for his incarnation.

I never said she pre-existed Jesus. Read the OP again.

I said...

3. Another thing Christians do to wriggle out of the "Mary- Mother of God" dilemma is to claim that Jesus pre-existed before Mary...

edit on 14-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

link   

Simple answer. I do believe Jesus is God and that Mary is the mother of God.
Why is that hard to understand?

Ok. Fine.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well, if you want an explicit answer: Yes! Jesus is God, my Savior, Lord, and Kinsman! Theologically, Mary hardly matters - she was a vessel, nothing more.

Ok.
So you are saying that... Jesus, who you say is God.... was born of a woman.
But that woman is NOT the mother of God.

Ok. Thanks for replying.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry...I must have missed your reply.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mary is the mother of God, as all the Catholics will verify,

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Seems Mary was merely used to create a meat suit for the christian god.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Seems Mary was merely used to create a meat suit for the christian god.

Thats what Christianity teaches.

The verses directly talking about Jesus' birth say that Jesus was being born as a son for a woman who was favored by God.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Lazarus,

There are two distinct personalities involved here. One is who we call "Father" just as Jesus did. The other is obviously Jesus. Mary is not the mother of "Father"

I know there are people here answering as if they have the all knowledge but I personally do not understand the relationship pre-universe. I know there is one but I wasn't there and I don't think anyone knows for sure, just opinion based on their set of beliefs. The main thing for us Christians is that we believe the only way to have a relationship with the Father is through his son Jesus.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

There are two distinct personalities involved here. One is who we call "Father" just as Jesus did. The other is obviously Jesus. Mary is not the mother of "Father"

There are Christians who say Jesus and the One who he called "Father" are the same.
Do you agree with that?

edit on 14-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

The technical term for describing the three persons of the Trinity is "consubstantial".

Wikipedia

Consubstantial (Latin: consubstantialis) is an adjective used in Latin Christian christology, coined by Tertullian in Against Hermogenes 44, used to translate the Greek term homoousios. "Consubstantial" describes the relationship among the Divine persons of the Christian Trinity and connotes that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are "of one being" in that the Son is "generated" ("born" or "begotten") "before all ages" or "eternally" of the Father's own being, from which the Spirit also eternally "proceeds."

This link explains it very well, too.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No I don't believe that.

Jesus came to do the will of the Father. He said that to his disciples. He is at the right hand of the Father now as an advocate for the human race as we speak. Two distinct personalities. My personal belief is that we will see two presences some time in the near future.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join