It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

love of God." Abraham answered: "Behold the servant of God, ready to do all that which God shall will."

'Then spoke God, saying to Abraham: "Take thy son, thy firstborn Ishmael, and come up the mountain to sacrifice him."
How is Isaac firstborn, if when Isaac was born Ishmael was seven years old?

Then said the disciples: 'Clear is the deception of our doctors: therefore tell us thou the truth, because we know that thou art sent from God.'

Then answered Jesus: 'Verily I say unto you, that Satan ever seeketh to annual the laws of God; and therefore he with his followers, hypocrites and evil-doers, the former with false doctrine, the latter with lewd living, today have contaminated almost all things, so that scarcely is the truth found. Woe to the hypocrites! for the praises of this world shall turn for them into insults and torments in hell.

37:102 And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said: O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou? He said: O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast.

37:103 Then, when they had both surrendered (to Allah), and he had flung him down upon his face,

37:104 We called unto him: O Abraham:

37:105 Thou hast already fulfilled the vision. Lo! thus do We reward the good.

37:106 Lo! that verily was a clear test.

37:107 Then We ransomed him with a tremendous victim.

37:108 And We left for him among the later folk (the salutation):

37:109 Peace be unto Abraham!

37:110 Thus do We reward the good.

37:111 Lo! he is one of Our believing slaves.

37:112 And We gave him tidings of the birth of Isaac, a Prophet of the righteous.

I think this is enough for now for you to digest and think about and investigate, Akragon.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I appreciate what your saying... But realize you're speaking with someone that rejects the the so called God of the OT...

Jesus vs OT God

I assume this information is from the quran, which i know little about... Though i always enjoy conversations with people who do read and understand it... Which is rare to say the least...

And i was technically looking for "corruptions" within the gospels...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I appreciate what your saying... But realize you're speaking with someone that rejects the the so called God of the OT...

Jesus vs OT God

I assume this information is from the quran, which i know little about... Though i always enjoy conversations with people who do read and understand it... Which is rare to say the least...

And i was technically looking for "corruptions" within the gospels...

The God of Jesus is the same God of the OT, Merciful, Loving, Kind and Just and Forgiving.

The problem I believe lies in the corruptions in the OT that made God appear tyrannous and fierce and unmerciful.

For example, the eye for an eye.. let me tell you the true account of that from the Holy Qur'an.

5:45 And We prescribed for them therein: The life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the nose, and the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation. But whoso forgoeth it in the way of charity it shall be expiation for him. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrong-doers.

compare it to the rendering in the OT and you will find the corruption.

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

--- stops right here.. without mentioning the next part, that is to forgo the crime committed as a charity and expiation for one's sins is better..

So you see, there is no contradiction between the God of Jesus and the God in the original and uncorrupted Torah, and the God in the Holy Qur'an.

Contradiction arises from corruptions in the Scriptures.

The Holy Qur'an being the Final Testament contains the Truth which has been erased from previous Scriptures. It's the Touchstone of Truth, a Guarded tablet, falsehood cannot come at it from before it or behind it.

39:23 Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, wherein promises of reward are paired with threats of punishment, whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, where with He guideth whom He will. and him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

OT God says an eye for an eye....

Jesus said turn the other cheek... There is definately a contradiction my friend....

Revenge vs forgiveness

Perhaps you might check out the thread i offered

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
God isn't a man which is the purpose for the immaculate conception in the first place.
True christianity is unique and unlike any other religion, taken in account for mans touch, the bible is tremendously important for history and for the future.
Its' metaphors alone are worth preserving

edit on 17-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

True christianity is unique and unlike any other religion

Its specific beliefs of discriminating and hating and demonizing the natural expression of mankind and society is unique. Its specific beliefs of rape, murder, and torture because of XYZ is unique. Congrats on your uniqueness. No less horrible than other dogmatic religions, but unique yes.

taken in account for mans touch, the bible is tremendously important for history and for the future.

In the future....

It's important historically as a reminder of what not to do.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Unless, of course, you subscribe to the belief that the last two people on earth following such philosophy will be a blind man and a man with one eye.

In either case, see what he did there?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hail Maryam, born of and filled with Grace,
I have need of you.
Use me as You will most beloved of my heart.
I will abide with Humankind as I have promised
and you shall bear Me and be My mother.
And you shall name Me Yeshua,
for I am come to keep that promise.
How can I be worthy to do so great a thing
for am I not a daughter of Adam?
Claim not to be a descendent of that portion.
Before I set Humankind down in the garden
I reserved a portion out,
setting it in the most protected place
where only My voice is heard.
And when your mother became expectant
I delayed an other portions becoming,
substituting the reserved portion,
which is you, into her womb,
to make you available to Me.
Now I shall do the thing I have promised,
dwelling unto touch among Humankind,
and reopening the gates to My kingdom
which has always been in My heart to do.
You have greatly blessed me unto my spirit,
and You now remake the world with a promise kept.

edit on 17-8-2012 by apsalmist because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by apsalmist because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apsalmist

How does that contribute to the thread? What was the point of that?

This isn't the poetry section...
edit on 17-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
God does not need to incarnate to save His people.

He doesn't 'need' to do a lot of things .. he doesn't 'need' to make people for example ... but He does make them and apparently He decided that He needed to become human.

John - 'in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If you chose not to believe it .. then don't believe it.
But I suggest that you don't hold God back .. God can do whatever He wants with His creation.
That includes becoming one with his Creation by becoming true God and True man ... Jesus.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
You said you were Catholic, right? Or am I mistaking you for somebody else?

I was raised Catholic. My beliefs don't fit in a box however. I believe reincarnation exists. I believe Christ is God incarnate. I believe that those who have 'died' before us are very active in the spirit world and very active here. I don't know if I believe in Karma .. I'm still thinking about that one. I believe ghosts are very real (having encountered more than a few) and demons as well (also encountered a few).

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
You said that Mary is the mother of "God" because she gave birth to Jesus, who was reportedly "God". It's not that simple. First, as shown in previous posts by other members, he was not "God" when he first emerged from her womb. He achieved that state on his own,

I do not believe that Jesus 'achieved God status' on His own. I believe that he was fully God and fully human right from the moment of conception. Otherwise you are either taking the godhead away from God ... or ... you are elevating a man to achieve god-status. neither one works. Remember the story of how Mary went to visit her cousin Elizabeth and the child in Elizabeth's womb 'lept for joy' when Mary and (unborn) Jesus entered the room? The unborn child was aware that God was present in Jesus. IMHO

Mary was responsible for the physical body, not the Higher Consciousness within it. So she was Jesus' mother, but she did not give birth to the Higher Consciousness within him.

Like I said .. she didn't create God, but God dwelled in her body and she gave birth to him and she nurtured him. You are trying to separate the god-head and the human being. But the two are interwoven.

Mary gave birth to the flesh, not the soul.

She gave birth to flesh with a soul in it. She didn't generate the soul in her womb, but she gave birth to it and she nurtured it and mothered it ...

Jesus is and always was God .. Remember John ?? In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God? Jesus was always God. Mary gave birth to Jesus and was his mother. Therefore, even though she didn't generate the soul (no human ever does), she is the mother of God.

That doesn't elevate her to god status .. that's just a fact .. she's the mother of Jesus who was and always will be God.

edit on 8/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I listened to you pontificate through several posts,
teach your various philosophies,
correct those without your understanding
and thought you did well to your glory.
I sought to utter in awe filled praise
of how the One Who loves us most
prepared a mother from the beginning
and I chose to sing of our Creators glory.

So, let us say we each contributed.

edit on 17-8-2012 by apsalmist because: flow

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Jesus said turn the other cheek... There is definately a contradiction my friend....

Revenge vs forgiveness

Perhaps you might check out the thread i offered

I did check it out before I replied.. .

The true version of that eye for an eye in the Real Torah.. is just like what Jesus said, turn the other cheek.. in the Holy Qur'an it said that it is better to forgo it to charity.. which is the same thing.

God advocates forgiveness not revenge..

Peace!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join