It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 


I don't have a problem understanding scripture... In fact i've found i understand it much better then most christians do... The difference is... i don't have anyone looking over my shoulder telling me what is right and what is not... i have no influence from others as most "christians" do...

I AM does not mean he was God... It means he existed before Abraham... I AM is the essence of God... that which is within ALL of us

And we all existed before Abraham by the way... we just don't have the ability to remember our previous lives.

At birth a "veil" is placed over the eyes hideing our previous lives and information of them...

We are not just meat... we are body and spirit, and the spirit is eternal... as are we


edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew
 


I don't have a problem understanding scripture... In fact i've found i understand it much better then most christians do... The difference is... i don't have anyone looking over my shoulder telling me what is right and what is not... i have no influence from others as most "christians" do...


I have the Holy Spirit dwelling within me.


Originally posted by Akragon

I AM does not mean he was God... It means he existed before Abraham... I AM is the essence of God...


I Am is a translation from the Hebrew name EhJeh. Jesus was claiming to be God.


Originally posted by Akragon

And we all existed before Abraham by the way... we just don't have the ability to remember our previous lives.


That is incorrect. I would suggest that you find an Apostolic Pastor to sit under and learn from. If you receive the Spirit of God there, He will lead you to all truth.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 



I have the Holy Spirit dwelling within me.


So does everyone...

Do you hold yourself higher then others that don't make that same proclaimation?


I Am is a translation from the Hebrew name EhJeh. Jesus was claiming to be God.


Think whatever you like... IF he was God he would have said it, and he didn't...


That is incorrect. I would suggest that you find an Apostolic Pastor to sit under and learn from. If you receive the Spirit of God there, He will lead you to all truth.


LMAO!!

Funny guy... Who are you to assume "the holy spirit" does not dwell within this temple?

Just because someone doesn't agree with your beliefs, that automatically means he/she is lacking?

what a joke!

Do you know the heart of all men?

Remember what he said about the blind leading the blind?

I've spoken to many priests/pastors... and when they're finished with me they end up questioning their own beliefs...

Walk your own path brother... but no man leads mine.... especially someone claiming to be a "spokesman of God" such as anyone who represents any church on this planet...


edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Mary was just an unwed, knocked-up girl who made up a clever story....

To avoid being stoned to death...



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew
 


So does everyone...


Incorrect.


Originally posted by Akragon

Do you hold yourself higher then others that don't make that same proclaimation?


No, I am not higher. God is.


Originally posted by Akragon

Think whatever you like... IF he was God he would have said it, and he didn't...


He claimed to be EhJeh in flesh.


Originally posted by Akragon

LMAO!!

Funny guy...

Remember what he said about the blind leading the blind?


Apostolic Pastors are not blind. They have the Spirit of God within them.


Originally posted by Akragon

I've spoken to many priests/pastors...


If not Apostolic, they are false.


Originally posted by Akragon

and when they're finished with me they end up questioning their own beliefs...


Not happening here.


Originally posted by Akragon

Walk your own path brother...


I walk God's path.


Originally posted by Akragon

but no man leads mine.... especially someone claiming to be a "spokesman of God" such as anyone who represents any church on this planet...


The blind leading him/her self..



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture
Mary was just an unwed, knocked-up girl who made up a clever story....

To avoid being stoned to death...


Go play with your plato.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 



Incorrect


According to you and your religion...


No, I am not higher. God is.


Then why do you make yourself the judge.... Again... who are you to assume who has the holy spirit and who does not... YOU do not know me...


He claimed to be EhJeh in flesh


Nope... John made that claim


Apostolic Pastors are not blind. They have the Spirit of God within them.


Then why do they promote lies?

You sound Catholic... are you?


If not Apostolic, they are false


Right... they are false.


Not happening here.


Im not trying to convince you... believe what you will


I walk God's path.


Perhaps... but you worship his son... who would not even call himself Good... let alone God in the flesh.

And while we're on this topic... what is "the path"

Please discribe said path


The blind leading him/her self


Wrong...

he speaks of those that follow people who claim to understand God... Like most christians





edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by IrVulture
Mary was just an unwed, knocked-up girl who made up a clever story....

To avoid being stoned to death...


Go play with your plato.



Now that sounds like a christian...

Way to stay true to form... condescending to the core

Your words expose the truth my friend

:shk:
edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew
 


Nope... never happened

present the verse where he said I AM GOD

Which will also make Jesus a liar.... Good luck

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.



John 20:28: Thomas answered and said unto Him, my Lord and my God!



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


Doubting Thomas... his words mean nothing

Why isn't his Gospel in the bible if he is a credible witness?

And im not talking about the one which holds his name....

Thomas was no one... and he doubted Jesus' words either way...




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


Doubting Thomas... his words mean nothing

Why isn't his Gospel in the bible if he is a credible witness?

And im not talking about the one which holds his name....

Thomas was no one... and he doubted Jesus' words either way...



That's your view, but what did Jesus say to this non-credible witness? He said to Thomas, ...because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed... Jesus did not contradict the "my God" part, thus confirming that Thomas had spoken rightly. You keep saying you know your Bible better than most Christians, madcat, but sometimes I wonder. Thomas only doubted for a moment, some of us for our entire lives.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew
 


According to you and your religion...


According to God.


Originally posted by Akragon

Then why do you make yourself the judge....


I teach God's word.


Originally posted by Akragon

Again... who are you to assume who has the holy spirit and who does not... YOU do not know me...


I know the type of spirit you have.


Originally posted by Akragon

Nope... John made that claim


John... Jesus... Paul... Isaiah... and many more.


Originally posted by Akragon

Then why do they promote lies?


We don't.


Originally posted by Akragon

You sound Catholic... are you?


No.


Originally posted by Akragon

And while we're on this topic... what is "the path"

Please discribe said path


You would not be interested in the path.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


Doubting Thomas... his words mean nothing

Why isn't his Gospel in the bible if he is a credible witness?

And im not talking about the one which holds his name....

Thomas was no one... and he doubted Jesus' words either way...



That's your view, but what did Jesus say to this non-credible witness? He said to Thomas, ...because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed... Jesus did not contradict the "my God" part, thus confirming that Thomas had spoken rightly.


Yeh, he comended Thomas for finally understanding something... Have you ever noticed throughout the gospels you'll find Jesus saying to his followers "why don't you get it"?

Well Thomas finally got it... yet still he didn't understand what he was saying... he only understood his divinity and he had to return for him to actually not doubt that.

That is my opinion of course... but according to the same chapter it is correct....

I'll refer you to verse 17

IF Jesus was God.... WHY does he have a God?

John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.


You keep saying you know your Bible better than most Christians, madcat, but sometimes I wonder. Thomas only doubted for a moment, some of us for our entire lives.


Ahh... i love that nickname... Good old KJV1611... i kinda miss him at times. He was far and away the most amusing and misled... dare i say blind Christian i've ever came across on this forum.

you might notice they all had their doubts.... until he returned.

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 



According to God


Not my God... Yours perhaps...


I teach God's word.


you teach the bible... Which is not Gods word, though it can be found within...

Those that know do not teach... but those that teach rarely know...


I know the type of spirit you have.


And you just made yourself a liar as well...



John... Jesus... Paul... Isaiah... and many more.


Jesus was the only one that mattered... And he never made that claim


We don't.


Thats your opinion


You would not be interested in the path.


No i would not... but thank you none the less...

Your path is not mine...

And you didn't answer my question... shall we dance around it and keep with Christian nature?

Not only condecending but you avoid hard questions...


edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Now that sounds like a christian...

Way to stay true to form... condescending to the core


Have you read you own posts?

I just thought that he/she would be better off reading Plato than making offensive comments.


Originally posted by Akragon

Your words expose the truth my friend


Your words have no truth.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 



Have you read you own posts?

I just thought that he/she would be better off reading Plato than making offensive comments.


Go play with your plato?

That isn't offensive right...




Your words have no truth.


That is also your opinion... which i didn't ask for...

And you prove yourself to be a typical Christian by making me your enemy (respected Foe) ...

Well done sir!


edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


As far as John 20:17, I think of adoption, sonship, and "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Jesus told us that His Father was our Father. He was simply speaking as the One who was about to throw the switch in heaven and make the connection between Father/God and us humans. Is that so difficult? BTW, think over the "touch me not" statement, and compare it with the ban in the Law given to Moses about touching dead bodies. If Mary had so much as touched Jesus before He appeared before His Father, He would have been unclean (in a ceremonial sense).



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
reply to post by Akragon
 


As far as John 20:17, I think of adoption, sonship, and "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Jesus told us that His Father was our Father. He was simply speaking as the One who was about to throw the switch in heaven and make the connection between Father/God and us humans. Is that so difficult? BTW, think over the "touch me not" statement, and compare it with the ban in the Law given to Moses about touching dead bodies. If Mary had so much as touched Jesus before He appeared before His Father, He would have been unclean (in a ceremonial sense).


You are free to believe whatever you like my friend...

That law of "uncleanlyness" was never a law to begin with... that was one of Mans laws... Not Gods.

What did Jesus said about what defiles the body?

What did he say about washing hands?




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


I'll leave you to continue in your sins.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew
 


You have my thanks...

i expected that kind of response... Christians always run when they can't answer a question... but at least you didn't resort to insults.


See you around eh


edit on 14-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join