It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

If I say something that is right, then God has inspired me. If I say something that is wrong, then it is my own mistake.)
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This would preclude your god from being the creator of all that is,was and will ever be.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by truejew

Christians always run when they can't answer a question...

I did not run. I just know when it's time to shake the dust off my feet.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Sources? Come on, give us some sources. I wanna see how well this guy did his research before accepting his thesis. I may not approve of Christianity, but I wanna give it a fair fight here.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Then how can Jesus, who was also born, be God? That logic is NOT logic.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

heh... i love his sayings

unfortunatly they are used as an excuse in many cases...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

No offense but I think the whole point of religion is lost when you try to logically describe it, that is why it is called faith.

THEN WHY DO PEOPLE USE IT TO CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

If there is no logic involved, then it shouldn't be taught. It should be learned. It should be a personal journey, not a manual used to herd the masses. If it isn't logic, it's emotion. Emotion cannot be taught, only learned through experience, through a personal spiritual journey. I keep hearing about how it "feels", about love and hate, and "believing" and "faith". THAT'S ALL EMOTION. There is no one right way with emotion. Others can say how they found it, or what they did to look for it, but that means NO ONE WAY IS RIGHT.

Why is this so hard for Christians to understand?
edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Would you not say love "feels" better then hate?

And produces better results every time?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

When he said, I AM relating to him pre-existing Abraham, it's not in the same context of God saying to Moses, I AM. It's just like saying I am before Abraham.

Jesus did claim to be EhJeh (translated as I Am) in flesh. He is Jeh-sus. Eh-Jeh is Salvation.

If Jesus is God and he is IAM; Why did not God just go ahead and say, My name is Jesus, not Yahweh. Why give Jesus an ordinary name, that's been used much by the sons of Israel?

Yahweh is a false name for God. It is based on the name of the Eygptian moon god Yah/Jah/Iah/Lah. Yah is the same god as allah.

If Jesus claimed so, why not quote here?

I am God in the flesh...please produce this verse if you can!

The Tetragrammaton YHWH is God's name in the Hebrew Bible. Allah is His name in Arabic.

Now you are saying that Yahweh and Allah are both moon gods? Produce your proof if you can.

Arab Christians,and Arab Jews call their God, Allah, are they possibly referring to the Egyptian moon god? For over nineteen centuries, in their hymns and poems and prayer books why do they say Allah, when referring to God, unless they all agree that their God and the Muslim God, Allah is one?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by dakota1s2

Then how can Jesus, who was also born, be God? That logic is NOT logic.

Therefore, Jesus cannot be God... the natural conclusion. The most logical conclusion..!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Your opening line explains it all for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

I'm still waiting for ItsNotASecret to cough up his sources...

EDIT: I decided to skip his procrastinative processes, and Googled everything myself. From what I can see, Carrier is not so much a reliable historian with credentials in all the right areas, as someone who holds a belief, uses his credentials as a "Don't tell me I'm wrong, I have this certificate that says I know what I'm talking about" card, and then attacks anyone who dares question his opinions. Perhaps he can support a theory that Jesus never existed, but he can't solidly prove it.

Nice try, Secret.
edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

If I say something that is right, then God has inspired me. If I say something that is wrong, then it is my own mistake.)

This would preclude your god from being the creator of all that is,was and will ever be.

Not so. God comprehends everything in His Knowledge. Everything that have happened and will happen is known to Him.

The OP was just trying to attribute his mistakes, if he had made any to himself. Only GOD doesn't make mistake; we all do from time to time, unless God guides us.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Tell me again how you know so much about an infinite concept, which implies that your mind is infinitely large to know him so well?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes to learn we teach each-other, not preach "this is how it is" but teach "This is how I see it take from it what you will". If you are reading a book someone is teaching you what they know, and you take from it what you want (not forced). People use things to control other people because they are corrupted by the power of the illusion of control but an individual can only be controlled for as long as they let themselves. If you re-read what I wrote I used the word "faith" not as my personal view but to show the irony of one claiming to have it then attempting to logically explain it when right in the definition it shows it is not based on proof.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If Jesus claimed so, why not quote here?

I already did.

The Tetragrammaton YHWH is God's name in the Hebrew Bible. Allah is His name in Arabic.

Much of Judaism adopted parts of the mystery Babylon religion during their time in Babylon. The Tetragrammaton was one of those.

Now you are saying that Yahweh and Allah are both moon gods? Produce your proof if you can.

The Hallelu-jah god

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If, in fact, Jesus of Nazareth ever existed...I wouldn't find it hard to believe that he adventured across other countries and managed to connect with Higher Consciousness in the process...the Higher Consciousness would be comparable to a god-like entity.

It's all in the perception. So it has been, so it will be.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Question for ya...

Why are you not involved in this discussion?

Jesus is Yahweh

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"God" is not a physical entity. Rather, it's an energy that influences physical interaction, from the smaller scale to the larger scale, enabling us to connect with the cosmos. That's where all the good stuff is.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The physical is still a part of God... But the "lower" part of the whole...

As above... so below...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Let's give quantum physics a few hundred more years to settle that question, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join