It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 - is upon us !!! Rapture is Even Closer!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The " Catching Away" IS REALITY! The Bible Clearly Teaches...You Must Rightly Divide The WORD,,,(IN CONTEXT)

"The rapture of the faithful in contrast to the Revelation of Jesus at His coming*

Christ comes for His own 1Th 4:13-18 --------------------Christ returns with His own Rev 19:14
Believers taken to Father's House Joh 14:3 ----------------Believers come with Jesus to Earth Mat 24:30
He is seen only by believers 1Co 15:52 --------------------Every eye will see Him Mat 24:30
Earth not judged -----------------------------------------------Earth judged Rev 20:4-5
A Mystery - 1 Co 15:51 --------------------------------------Foretold in OT Zech 12:10
Christians taken first 1Th 4:13-18 3 Mat 13:28-30 -------Wicked are taken first Mat 25:1-13; Rev 3:8-10; Rev 4:1,
He comes to present the Church to Himself 2 Co 11:2 ---He comes with His Church for judgement and to set up his Kingdom Rev 19:6-9, Zec 14:3-4; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 19:11-21
Casts Satan out of heaven to earth Rev 12 ------------------Binds Satan for a thousand years Rev 20
Occurs in the twinkling of an eye 1Co 15:52---------------Comes to earth to do battle at specific locations Isa 63:1-3, Rev 16:16, Zec 12:9-10
Jesus descends with a shout. 1Th 4:16 8 --------------------No shout mentioned Rev 19:11-21
Jesus comes as a thief in the night 1Th 24:43---------------Jesus comes at the end of 7 years of tribulation Dan 9:24-27, 12:11-12; Rev 11:2, 12:6,14, 13:5"
www.thepropheticyears.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Hey I remember this Grant R. Jeffrey guy.
I even have 2 of his books... made a big impression on me back then.

I just got a copy of one of his books delivered to me a few minutes ago.
It is Triumphant Return: The Coming Kingdom of God
I wanted it to see if he listed the sources for some of the claims he makes.
I made a post earlier on this thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Where I was making a comment on a blog by By Don Koenig, linked to by ResearchEverything777. It is about proof of the pre-tribulation rapture.

Is pretribulation rapture theology a new Church doctrine?

Some say there is no rapture of the Church prior to the tribulation and point out that it was not even taught to the Church until the 1800's.

In Grant Jeffrey's book "Triumphant Return", he writes that about 373 AD Ephraem taught in a sermon that there was a pre-tribulation rapture. This writing can be found in Ephraem's sermon "On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World.", Ephraem said in this sermon, "For the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins".

Ephraem also taught in this same sermon that the war of Gog and Magog in Ezekiel 38-39 would precede the tribulation and he taught the imminent return of Jesus.
I found the section on Ephraem on page 174 of Jeffrey's book. He says there that he discovered the existence of this work by Ephraem and arranged himself to have someone translate it. He admits that this particular manuscript is of questionable origin, meaning it may very well have not been actually written by Ephraem, and was written by basically a forger centuries after Ephraem's death. This would also explain why it had not been previously translated, if the scholars specializing in Ephraem did not deem it as genuine.
I also find suspect Jeffrey's claim that Ephraem was "one of the greatest and most respected teachers of the ancient Greek Church." Well of course Jeffrey may be slightly biased considering the investment he has put into this manuscript purported to have been written by this person who I admit have never heard of up until I ran across his name on the blog I followed the link to.
So I just spent $3.19 to find out that I am never going to find this essay on The End of the World anywhere other than in this book by Grant Jeffrey. (can't complain about the price though, it is as if Amazon was paying me to get this book)
edit on 20-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Most Miss This Fact! Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth and mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen a part of Israel [to last] until the full number of the ingathering of the Gentiles has come in, Romans 11:25

= Age of Grace = Church Age Completed. Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place,
2 When suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting.
3 And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were separated and distributed and which settled on each one of them.
After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

From Start To Finnish.

Revelation Ch. 4
1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

Church Not Appointed To Wrath.

and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 1 Thessalonians 1:10

For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. Revelation Ch. 3

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians Ch. 2

JESUS SAID - " I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."

The Church, Which Is Indwelt and Powered By The HOLY SPIRIT, Will Be Removed...Then The Wicked One...

Will Be Officially Revealed...New Age / NWO Will Then Be Able To Come Into Full Play!!!

JESUS Will Open The Seals In Revelation Ch. 6

Correlating Daniel 9:27 Rev. Ch. 6 to 19

This Video Connects More...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Most Miss This Fact! Lest you be self-opinionated (wise in your own conceits), I do not want you to miss this hidden truth and mystery, brethren: a hardening (insensibility) has [temporarily] befallen a part of Israel [to last] until the full number of the ingathering of the Gentiles has come in, Romans 11:25
You are quoting the Amplified version. Here's a literal translation of the same verse from the Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament: Third Edition :

25For I do not desire [for] you* to be unaware, brothers [and sisters], of this secret [or, mystery], so that you* shall not be wise in your* own conceits, that hardness in part [fig., partial stubbornness] has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.

That would be an interpretive translation to insert the word "number" which is not in the Greek text, but is the word πλήρωμα, Pleroma which means "peak amount" in that verse, according to Danker. So you can't automatically assume that it implies a definite number to be reached as some sort of condition.

The translation by Robert Jewett would be important in how he puts the word "partial" into the sentence:

For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, "lest you become [wise] minded [in relation to] yourselves," that an obtuseness has occurred in a part of Israel, until which time the full number of the Gentiles might come in,

Here, according to Jewett, Paul is not addressing Israel as a unified whole, though he had previously. It would not make sense to think of it in that way if some had not been hardened and accepted Jesus, so not all the branches had been broken off.

edit on 20-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Good Point! And, I Think The Prophetic Fulfillment is Getting Close...Shalom!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This post could have been written in 1973 when they were saying the same things

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Good Point! And, I Think The Prophetic Fulfillment is Getting Close...Shalom!

What point was good, since I made at least two?
What prophecy is getting close to fulfillment?
To me, it already was, a long time ago.
The Jews became Christians.
What makes people think that did not happen was the coming about of an entirely new group of people who came from "the nations". They converted to Judaism and are now calling themselves Jews and Israel. I don't think they count, or who Paul was thinking about when he wrote Romans.
What I mean are the people known as the Ashkenazim, who came from Khazaria. These are the people who created the modern so-called Jewish state illegally occupying Palestine. Those people will never be converted because they don't belong to the original Israel, not being descended from Abraham.

edit on 21-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. Zechariah 14:12 (Nuclear)

"You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve"

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Ch. 29 (Amazon)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcmawstech

God's Word Is 100% Past - Present - Future...

www.reasons.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The point on translation...Giving various renderings from the original text!

Prophetic Fulfillment - Romans 11:25 Soon To Be Completed. " For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in."

As we are seeing the events unfolding in the middle east... And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. Zechariah 12:3

The Restrainer Will Soon Be Removed. 5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thess. Ch 2

The Church...Indwelt and Powered By The HOLY SPIRIT! Will Soon Be " Caught Up" Completing The Age of Grace" Acts 2:1-3 Just As Suddenly As It Began, It Will Be Completed...Revelation 4:1-2

Then God Will Deal Fully With The Land of Israel...Jerusalem...And the Rest of THE WORLD!

Revelation Ch. 6 to 18 > Then JESUS! Returns...And...11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”a He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great.”

19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. Revelation 19

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Prophetic Fulfillment - Romans 11:25 Soon To Be Completed.
What makes you think it hasn't been already?

As we are seeing the events unfolding in the middle east...
That verse in Zechariah is not describing a specific event.

The Restrainer Will Soon Be Removed.
That just seems to be describing a general state of wickedness.

The Church...Indwelt and Powered By The HOLY SPIRIT! Will Soon Be " Caught Up" Completing The Age of Grace" Acts 2:1-3 Just As Suddenly As It Began, It Will Be Completed...Revelation 4:1-2
And what is telling you that? There isn't anything about those verses that say it is supposed to happen now.

Then God Will Deal Fully With The Land of Israel...Jerusalem...And the Rest of THE WORLD!
Where does it say anything like that?

Revelation Ch. 6 to 18 > Then JESUS! Returns...And...
Those are all describing symbolic imagery and probably should be interpreted as the going forth of the Gospel message to the world which overthrows the power of Satan to make people commit sinful acts.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You will just have to see...Soon! Shalom!

Here's More Teaching...For Those Interested!

"David Hocking discourses on events that will take place in the middle east in the near future."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You will just have to see...Soon! Shalom!

If what you say is true, you are not going to be around to gloat over all of us who did not believe you.
Oh, and by the way, why are you still here posting when you should be raptured up to heaven right now?
How many nukes have to go off, exactly, before it is the right time for you to go?
In the first video, the person doing the intro said some Jewish group named David Hocking "Jewish Man of the Year". Must be some pretty obscure group since it does not come up in a Google search.
He later mentions Gesenius as a "Hebrew scholar" who was coming up with definitions of Gog and Magog and Rosh. He wrote a Hebrew lexicon in 1833. As if no one has learned anything since then. If so, then apparently Hocking does not want to hear about it.
edit on 22-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

War is coming and it would be cool to get out of here alive.

Just having the hope is worth it.

Pirahna

The "rapture" is an idea of delusional imagination held onto by those who cannot deal with the darkest realities of our real world. I do not deny some metaphysical things do indeed exist - but this rapture is the creation of a particularly distressed mind. It is not real. We should all hope that enough people realize that these crazy ideas in multiple religions are false that they would stop with the insanity of war and the desire for ultimate destruction in order to achieve the ideals of their false realities and false gods.

Sorry Pi, but there is sound doctrine for the label the Rapture.
edit on 13-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Pesach (fulfilled) - Passover
Shavuot (fulfilled) - Holy Spirit recieved
Rosh Hoshana (unfulfilled) - Rapture
Yom Kippur (unfulfilled) - second coming of Christ
Sukkot (unfulfilled) - Millenial reign/new heaven and earth

Indeed there is scripture supporting a "rapture" type event. The above mentioned are the feast days of God, a.k.a. the "jewish feastdays"/ i have given their dress rehearsals and their prophetic fulfillments. Jesus fulfilled the first 2, he still has the fall feasts to fulfill. Rosh Hoshana and Yom Kippur are right around the corner at the end of summer, Sukkot comes around mid Octoberish.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I wrote down what he said in part 7 because of what I took as lying.

He is king of kings and lord of lords.
The Bible says of our messiah, 'The father said to his son,
ask of me and I will give you the heathen for your inheritence
and the uttermost part of the Earth for your possession.'
Psalms 2 tells us "Kiss the Son (s-o-n), lest he be angry with thee."
That sweet Jesus who walked the hills of Galilee and the streets of Jerusalem,
will come as king of kings and lord of lords, the lion of all the nations.
He's called the lamb of God but I read that in Revelation and thought,
this is a different lamb than I know. I call him an attack lamb.
And the Bible says, 'The wrath of God Almighty and the lamb of God, our messiah,
will hit this planet and the planet won't not know what hit him'.
Except it has to be a real God, a Lord of Heaven and Earth.
Our God will not be mocked on our television programs
as is being done recently ever since the inaugaration,
we have seen a barrage of mocking and scoffing
about the evangelical's belief in particular,
that there is God whose son has come to redeem us.
They won't be laughing when this happens.

OK, so where does it say in the Bible about 'hitting the earth' and all that?
(notice the same smirkyness as the OP above, in the post with this video embedded)
What he did towards the beginning of his talk was to read the entire chapter 38 of Ezekiel in the King James.
Now I have a question, if this is supposed to be all literal, then this army is going to come marching on foot carrying shields and swords, and with horses?
Also, what he seems to be implying is that when Jesus comes, TV programming will be better.
edit on 23-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

God is in Control...All IN HIS TIME.

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thess. 5

The Faithful Church

7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’ Revelation Ch. 3

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Day of the Lord

5 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians Ch. 5

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
The war may begin when Israel strikes "nuclear" objects in Iran. The United States will support the attack. If it happens, the new large-scale war will become inevitable...

The Bible Warns... And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:

Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. Zechariah 14:12 (Nuclear)

Luke 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Then we who are alive and remain shall be (caught up) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Phrase - caught up / from the Greek - Harpazo = to seize, carry off by force
to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
to snatch out or away Phrase " Rapture " From Latin Translation - rapio (rapere, raptus)

1. Meaning: to carry away, to be caught up, to snatch, seize, pluck, drag away, carry off,

Numeric's Correlate Phrase's - (Rapture=99) ( Ascension=99) (The Event=99) A=1 B=2 C=3... (Gematria)

New Age Believe's " Ascension " Is Imminent...Correlating "Rapture" "The Event"

edit on 13-8-2012 by ResearchEverything777 because: add letter

edit on 13-8-2012 by ResearchEverything777 because: Number's

"Damascus in Isaiah 17 is going to be destroyed in 1 day. This is about to occur in our lifetime in just a matter of months. It's in the news and everywhere you look! This is going to fulfill one of the biggest biblical prophecies of all time! Be ready for Christ's Return after this occurs! I hope this gives you hope of His coming!"

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

"Damascus in Isaiah 17 is going to be destroyed in 1 day. This is about to occur in our lifetime in just a matter of months. It's in the news and everywhere you look! This is going to fulfill one of the biggest biblical prophecies of all time! Be ready for Christ's Return after this occurs! I hope this gives you hope of His coming!"

Here is more fraud, misquoting the Bible. It does not say that Damascus will be destroyed in one day.
There are several prophecies concerning different nations in the vicinity of ancient Judea.
The whole thing starts off with the foretelling of a time when

A wolf will reside with a lamb,
and a leopard will lie down with a young goat;
an ox and a young lion will graze together,
as a small child leads them along.
A cow and a bear will graze together,
their young will lie down together.
A lion, like an ox, will eat straw.
A baby will play
over the hole of a snake;
over the nest of a serpent
an infant will put his hand.
They will no longer injure or destroy
on my entire royal mountain

This is describing an idyllic time where there is a Davidic king over Israel, then goes on to make other statements concerning how things will be in the surrounding regions, with an emphases on true worship of The Lord, and the absence of other rulers having sovereignty over the region under this status. No forts to impose foreign rule and no big city using Israel as one of its vassal states.
It says that Damascus is in ruins, meaning it has been uninhabited and left to ruin because previously it had subsisted by plundering its neighbors. So there is no mention of a "destruction" as if it was suddenly struck by some devastating disaster like fire falling from heaven.
"In that day" is starting a new section describing the condition of how the Israelites would be in that time.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Here is more fraud, misquoting the Bible. It does not say that Damascus will be destroyed in one day.
There are several prophecies concerning different nations in the vicinity of ancient Judea.
The whole thing starts off with the foretelling of a time when

A wolf will reside with a lamb,
and a leopard will lie down with a young goat;

an ox and a young lion will graze together,
as a small child leads them along.
A cow and a bear will graze together,
their young will lie down together.
A lion, like an ox, will eat straw.
A baby will play

over the hole of a snake;
over the nest of a serpent
an infant will put his hand.

They will no longer injure or destroy
on my entire royal mountain

This is describing an idyllic time where there is a Davidic king over Israel, then goes on to make other statements concerning how things will be in the surrounding regions, with an emphases on true worship of The Lord, and the absence of other rulers having sovereignty over the region under this status. No forts to impose foreign rule and no big city using Israel as one of its vassal states.
It says that Damascus is in ruins, meaning it has been uninhabited and left to ruin because previously it had subsisted by plundering its neighbors. So there is no mention of a "destruction" as if it was suddenly struck by some devastating disaster like fire falling from heaven.
"In that day" is starting a new section describing the condition of how the Israelites would be in that time.

The burden against Damascus.

“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap. Isaiah 17:1 Just Look At The News...Much of It is Already Laid Waste!

It Won't Be Much Longer...As JESUS! Said...All Will Be Fulfilled...God is in Control!

I Have No Fear...Trusting JESUS! Amen.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join