Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

World War 3 - is upon us !!! Rapture is Even Closer!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Fought against Jerusalem, huh.... Have you *seen* what that government *does*????

I mean... *really*?!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

When bible talks about God taking aim at those who attack Jerusalem, so few of you realize that
Jerusalem was annexed half way by force by Israelis, and now they want to take the other half by force as well.

Bible is talking about PALESTINIANS losing Jerusalem to a greater military force (Israel) and that's when God will according to bible lose his cool.

When bible talks about Anti-Christ, Anti-Christ will have power and might, well you do realize that the mightiest by far military and technology is US army and US government. Anti-Christ can't be all powerful by commanding some few crap boats from Iran and few non nuclear missiles.

use common sense or it will use you and spit you out

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"More Proof of a Pre-Trib Rapture
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Revelation 4

1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

What's going on with these "doors" we read about in Rev3 and 4 above? I mean, should we just disregard the Word, and press on with other reading or do these doors mean something? What are doors used for? DOORS ARE USED FOR PEOPLE TO COME IN AND GO OUT.

let's think here: A door open in heaven, a voice that sounds like a TRUMPET, and what's this? Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit. Let's go through this again...a door open in heaven, a voice that sounds like a TRUMPET, then IMMEDIATELY HE WAS IN THE SPIRIT. But this isn't the best part, the best part comes next in Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."
christianitynotchurchianity.blogspot.com...

"Chuck Missler on Harpazo: Rapture vs Second Coming, Post-Trib Problems, Premillennialism"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Funny I can think of no worse hell; than spending All eternity packed shoulder to shoulder singing hymms and praises next to some of the hardcore "Christians" I have met...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
War never happens unless someone is profiting from it. War is a business. It always has been. World War 3 will never happen unless someone means to profit from it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatrae

. . . before the time at the very end when he returns and steps on the Mt of Olives.

You are probably thinking of Zechariah 14, which is not an apocalyptic prophecy but an oracle in the form of a poem using hyperbole not meant to be taken literally. That is a pretty thin defense of a physical return of Jesus.
edit on 15-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Jmdewey60, you have taken every Bible verse posted in this thread and have twisted and misinterpreted them to try and keep an argument going that isn't even a true argument based on your misinterpretations.
If that was so, then you would be able to present an argument for why my interpretation is wrong.

In fact, I don't even believe that YOU BELIEVE what you've been saying. All in the name of arguing with people and calling other Christians cultists.
I don't get any particular enjoyment from calling people that but there is the unavoidable problem that there is a cult called Dispensationalism which is pretty rampant, which I think is the doctrine of devils. Anyone who subscribes to that delusion from Satan is a cultist, by definition. A good example is someone who embeds Chuck Missler videos in their posts, that is to me a sure sign that that person is in fact a cultist, for one, being a member of the Chuck Missler cult. I take people as that video producer to be impostors who know they are deceiving their listeners but continue due to some psychological defect.

Why in the world would you do this?
I am trying to save the sanity of the people locked into a cult belief that is a form of induced insanity.

If your argument is that there is no rapture, then post Bible verses relating to it and stop twisting other verses.
No kidding, you think there should be verses in the Bible saying "sorry folks but don't expect a rapture"?

No, Jesus Christ has not already returned and Acts 2:17-21 has not been fulfilled.
The Parousia is what the Gospels are about, the return of the Lord of the house to punish the master of the household who was bad and mistreated the servants under him and was drunk in the wine cellar when the owner shows up. Jesus warned the rulers of the Jews that the character in the story was them. Instead of taking it to heart and repenting, they decided to kill him, and also in that way became the character in the other parable of the bad vineyard keepers. All this came home to roost after God exalted Jesus and gave him the title of Lord, and then returned to lay waste the city where they killed him.
'And in the last days it will be,’ God says, ‘that I will pour out my Spirit on all people . . . ' Peter was describing what was happening before the people gathered from the nations.

If you truly believe that he already has, you need to take some Bible classes with instructors who can help you to interpret what you're reading. And no, Jesus appearing before people after his death and before his ascension to Heaven doesn't count.
Dude, I'm seriously starting to become embarrassed for you.
You should be embarrassed on your own account, thinking being indoctrinated into cult doctrines is the equivalent to studying the scripture and coming to your own conclusions. What apparently seems "normal" to you is not normal Christianity, and flies in the face of what Christians have believed since the time of Christ. The goal of being a Christian is to live a good life to transform the world through our works and example, into a place that is fair and just. That was the original view of the Millennium, where Satan is locked up by not having sway over the people to make them commit crimes. It seems like the plan envisioned by the proponents of the secret rapture is to withdraw from the affairs of the world and to leave it to the devil, imagining that Jesus never laid any responsibility on us for how the world is. Jesus had a mission on Earth to tell the truth but instead of sitting on a high seat and talking about it, he got down to the street level to uplift the lowest people to show us that we don't sit there thinking we are better because we believe a certain way.
edit on 16-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Proof #1: Rev . . .
You gave a link to where you got these proofs from, which is Don Koenig's blog, The Prophecy Years.
I found something interesting on that page, in the introduction to the proofs, as a defense for pre-tribulation rapture, a quote from a sermon by Ephrem the Syrian, who would have written this in 400 something. The idea being, that the author of a book that apparently Don was reading, The triumphant Return, by Grant Jeffrey, is demonstrating that the pre-tribulation rapture was not something new, as is argued by its opponents, but something understood way back then.
The problem with that is that Ephrem freely borrowed ideas for his poetry from all sources, including from people he was preaching against as heretics. There was a body of work that was around in those days about a tribulation and it even had a beast in it, but it was something local, meaning it was a tribulation in a particular region, and the beast was traveling about destoying various settlements, and God, or some other deity type figure had to move some people out of the way while he destroyed this beast. There was a sort of lifting up of a group of people to be moved. So this is a mythical story that was probably the insperation for Ephrem's homily that Grant uncritically picked up and used, maybe hoping most people would be completely unaware of this other source.
I went ahead and ordered the book, since Amazon was offering a good deal on it, to see if he actually tells where he picked this quote from. There is also the problem that many writings attributed to Ephrem was not actually written by him, and the ones believed to be authentic are in a specific collection.
I'm pretty sure I found that mythical story I was referring to above from the book, Gnosticism, Judaism, and Egyptian Christianity by Birger A. Pearson. I'll have to take a look to see if I can find it, and it may have been a name I found in the footnotes which I could look up on the internet, but I did read that and it gives a different definition to a tribulation than the one in Matthew or Revelation.
edit on 16-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus never said worst single tragedy. It is a period of time.
No he didn't, otherwise you would have a Bible quote and you don't!
You have these definitions stuck inside your head from your cult brainwashing to where you believe Jesus was preaching these doctrines. Well you are wrong. Jesus said a tribulation and did not say it was some sort of new age that the world was going into. It was an event, and like he said, where you could run off to the mountains or wherever, and hide until it is over.

And 70 AD was focused on Jerusalem, not "the world".
"The world" was there. You seem to not be able to understand that. This was high holy day or whatever, and the place was packed with people from all over the world doing their obligatory observance. That is why so many people died.

Why do you think Preterism was all but abandoned after WW1 and 2?
It wasn't. That is just an inside the cult belief. All normal Christians believe in Preterism and then there are the cultists who don't. It was not abandoned but the Dispensationalist view has been rammed forward to make it seem as if it is the majority view when in reality it is just the cult induced fervor that is showing because of their missionary zeal for gaining cult points and the idea that they will get crowns in heaven for sucking others into the cult.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Congratulations, you set a new record for number of times "cult" or a variation thereof, is used in a single post.

No he didn't, otherwise you would have a Bible quote and you don't!

I already gave verse numbers from chapter 24.

You have these definitions stuck inside your head from your cult brainwashing to where you believe Jesus was preaching these doctrines. Well you are wrong. Jesus said a tribulation and did not say it was some sort of new age that the world was going into. It was an event, and like he said, where you could run off to the mountains or wherever, and hide until it is over.

Jesus says "great tribulation", And the Holy Spirit gives us Years (3 1/2), months (42), and days (1,260)..

He does everything but break it down into minutes and seconds.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Jesus says "great tribulation", And the Holy Spirit gives us Years (3 1/2), months (42), and days (1,260)..
So is this the latest fad you picked up at your * meetings, saying "the Holy Spirit" instead of a book of the Bible?
1,260 days is the time of the two witnesses prophesying dressed in sackcloth.
Also how long the woman of Rev. 12 was taken care of in the wilderness.
So this does not support your theory of an Age of Tribulation.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

"More Proof of a Pre-Trib Rapture
Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
That does not make a good proof.
1) "Temptation" is not tribulation.
2) "Keep" does not mean take away, but to preserve.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The Parousia is what the Gospels are about, the return of the Lord of the house to punish the master of the household who was bad and mistreated the servants under him and was drunk in the wine cellar when the owner shows up. Jesus warned the rulers of the Jews that the character in the story was them. Instead of taking it to heart and repenting, they decided to kill him, and also in that way became the character in the other parable of the bad vineyard keepers. All this came home to roost after God exalted Jesus and gave him the title of Lord, and then returned to lay waste the city where they killed him.

'And in the last days it will be,’ God says, ‘that I will pour out my Spirit on all people . . . ' Peter was describing what was happening before the people gathered from the nations.

What does any of this have to do with the verses that were pointed out to you in Matthew 24 and Acts 2?

Yes, Peter was describing what the prophet Joel told them about the second coming and the people speaking in tongues reminded him of it.

In no way did these verses imply that Jesus actually came.

This whole time you keep trying to point to verses as if they already happened, when they didn't.

Yes, the people spoke in tongues and prophesied. No, it did not bring on the second coming of Jesus!!!

You seem to keep overlooking the verses in Matthew and Acts that go into much greater detail relating to the second coming, therefore, letting us know that it hasn't happened yet.

Acts 2:17-21

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

That does not make a good proof.
1) "Temptation" is not tribulation.
2) "Keep" does not mean take away, but to preserve.

Revelation 3:10

Why pluck out the word "temptation" when this verse clearly implies that this hour comes to TRY them?

Are you going to tell us that "to try them" doesn't mean testing by tribulation?

Why pluck out the word "keep" when it's full context says "keep thee from"?

It doesn't say "preserve thee THROUGH" the hour of temptation, it says "keep thee FROM".

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I never said Jerusalem wouldn't come under punishment, that's what Jacob's Trouble is about. The tribulation is about Israel and the medievel church who persecuted the martyrs of Jesus. Israel comes under punishment so bad (2/3 get exterminated) that it causes them to seek Yeshua's face, the one they have been calling Yeshu the last 2000 years and ridiculing. Yeah you can read the OT, it ain't going to be pretty when they look on the one they pierced. It's written that they will all wail like parents who lost a firstborn son and each house's husbands and wives will go off by themselves and mourn. By the time the great tribulation (last 3.5 years) rolls around theyre going to know they soiled their breeches big time.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes, Peter was describing what the prophet Joel told them about the second coming and the people speaking in tongues reminded him of it.
Peter was not just reminding the gathered people of a prophecy, he was telling them that it was being fulfilled right now. And also part of what Jesus had prophesied in Matthew 24.

This whole time you keep trying to point to verses as if they already happened, when they didn't.
Really the main point of Acts is to legitimize the Christian Church and how Luke does that is by showing what went on at the beginning of the church was the fulfillment of prophecy, including the prophecy spoken by Jesus. Those things happened.
That was clearly understood that way by the early church and up until Dispensationalism was invented in the 1800's by Darby. His version denies the legitimacy of the church in favor of the Zionists who already was planning the eventual take-over of Palestine and conquering Jerusalem to force by violence the taking of the kingdom purely by human agency as their own Messiah.

Yes, the people spoke in tongues and prophesied. No, it did not bring on the second coming of Jesus!!!
How about your secret rapture? The general population in that event do not see Jesus, except the ones being raptured do. Did Jesus not come at the rapture? Of course he did, just as Jesus came with the power and the spirit just as he promised, on Pentecost.

You seem to keep overlooking the verses in Matthew and Acts that go into much greater detail relating to the second coming, therefore, letting us know that it hasn't happened yet
All these things were in the process of happening, some at the crucifixion, some right then, as Peter spoke, and some in the events involved in the destruction of the city and its temple.
The New Testament is air tight about the church being the fulfillment of prophecy and they did not miss anything. It is the modern invention represented by your cult that seeks to undermine it, like I said, with the power of Satan, for political reasons and the uplifting of those who hate Jesus.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

So is this the latest fad you picked up at your * meetings, saying "the Holy Spirit" instead of a book of the Bible?
1,260 days is the time of the two witnesses prophesying dressed in sackcloth.
Also how long the woman of Rev. 12 was taken care of in the wilderness.
So this does not support your theory of an Age of Tribulation.

All scripture is inspired by whom?

A: Holy Spirit

And the two witnesses do their thing at the first 1,260 days of Daniel's 70th week. The "great tribulation" is the last 1,260 days. Do the math. That's 7 years. There are two halves to Daniel's 70th week. The last half being labeled the "great tribulation" by Christ in Matthew 24.

edit on 16-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

All scripture is inspired by whom?

A: Holy Spirit
Scripture means something written, so you can't take that saying in a simplistic, literal way. Lots of religious type books never made it into the Canon. Do you think we should take all the dead sea scrolls and put them in the Bible?
The Bible was not written in episodes of spiritualistic auto-writing, where the people were in a trance and had to wake up to see what they had written. The different writers had distinct styles that come out and they used the conventions of the day to influence how they wrote. You supposedly are doing a course in New Testament Survey, didn't that teach you any of this? You can not just freely use the work of one writer to interpret the writings of another author, as if in reality the Bible was written by only one person.

And the two witnesses do their thing at the first 1,260 days of Daniel's 70th week. The "great tribulation" is the last 1,260 days. Do the math. That's 7 years. There are two halves to Daniel's 70th week. The last half being labeled the "great tribulation" by Christ in Matthew 24.
Whenever you get time, go ahead and explain what you just wrote, if you don't mind, otherwise it is pretty meaningless and would go over the heads of anyone not already indoctrinated into your cult.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Peter was not just reminding the gathered people of a prophecy, he was telling them that it was being fulfilled right now. And also part of what Jesus had prophesied in Matthew 24.

Acts 2:14-18

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Peter did not say that ALL was being fulfilled. He only pointed out that there was an outpouring of the HOLY SPIRIT. He never said that Jesus came to them in a cloud. Do you understand the difference between the Holy Spirit and Jesus?

Maybe you keep overlooking all of the verses in the Bible where it says that all will actually SEE Jesus at his second coming.

Revelation 1:7

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

What about these verses?

Philippians 2:10-11

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Have you seen that happen already too? Remember, the Bible says that Jesus will sit at the right hand of God ONLY until Jesus puts all of God's enemies under his feet, and that hasn't happened yet either, now has it?

1 Corinthians 15:24-28

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

In the meanwhile, you keep overlooking this verse that Noturtypical keeps pointing out to you.

Matthew 24:21

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Please explain how the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was the end of tribulation that the world would never be able to match or see again.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Revelation 3:10
Why pluck out the word "temptation" when this verse clearly implies that this hour comes to TRY them?
Are you going to tell us that "to try them" doesn't mean testing by tribulation?
Why pluck out the word "keep" when it's full context says "keep thee from"?
It doesn't say "preserve thee THROUGH" the hour of temptation, it says "keep thee FROM".
Because these are the operative words, "time of testing", and "to keep thee" (as you quote the verse apparently from the King James) Have you ever thought about reading the Bible in Greek? I realize it is difficult and I am no expert but over time and with practice, anyone can read the words and make some sense out of them with a good expositors commentary and look-up resources available on the internet.
One verse that uses the same preposition for "out of", ἐκ, that is used with "preserve" in 3:10, in Revelation is 16:11 which describes what happens to people who are not preserved.

They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

Where it says "because", the Greek word is ἐκ. So it could be read, "out of their suffering" and "out of their sores" they became blasphemers. In comparison, the people of the church of Philadelphia who were being addressed in this letter would be kept from becoming this sort of people, because they had already proven themselves faithful under preasure, apparently by Jews in the community who were actively persecuting them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join