It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi-Arabia to build a city only for women!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The new Amazon women?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
So presumably the men build this "all women city" then move the women in and leave themselves.
So when the electricity, presuming they have it breaks down or the sewerage works fail etc just who exactly will be repairing them. Should be the women as they will be running and living in the city. However where are the women going to be trained to work in the city and do all repairs to the infrastructure if they are not allowed to work unless living in the segregated city made for them. I see a bit of a catch 22 here. Yes we will allow you to work but we can't train you first as you are not allowed to work in a regular city.....hmph

I do all my own repairs. Oh OK - - not electrical.

Islam men are bound by laws and culture too. But - - some - maybe even many - - - want their women to have freedom.

Women in America wouldn't have gotten their freedom if it weren't for open thinking men supporting them.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
"If You Build It, They Will Come!"

And how, one wonders, will the Suadi (male) authorities react if/when the vast majority of the female population of Saudi Arabia decide to move to this new, female only Utopia, forbidding entry to the men entirely?

They's goin' be some Looooong 'Arabian Nights" I tell you!
(Achmed! Leave the camels ALONE!)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Bhadhidar because: Clarificcation

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Why should anyone but the people of Saudi Arabia care? I say, good for them! It's a step forward. All this talk, is nothing more than self righteous 'your business is my business' crap.

Rome was not built in a day. Let the Saudis decide for themselves. If they want to be a part of the new city, it's on them!

The arguing and bickering in this thread seems to have been done just for the sake of of arguing and bickering.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

A city only for Women? Now THERE is a guaranteed market for Rampant rabbits if ever i saw one!

What's the shipping cost to Saudi from the UK?

Never mind...i'll get a bulk reduction.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by acidsweep

We are all inhabitants of this Earth.

And. lest we forget;

"An Injustice to One, is an Injustice to All"

And...

"No Justice, No Peace."

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

We are all inhabitants of this Earth.

And. lest we forget;

"An Injustice to One, is an Injustice to All"

And...

"No Justice, No Peace."

thats the same argument used by the US (and many other countries) to invade and conquer others. What actuslly is happening is, forcing ones ideology on another person. Whats wrong with letting them decide for themselves? honestly, a city is being built, they are not being oppressed in this situation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Let's put this way:

Suppose the State were to build a nice comfortable aprtment for you. It would have all the amentities and every luxury you could think of, including round the clock service for food and laundry.

And you would be free to move in, at your own choosing.

However, If you were to choose not to re-locate to this new paradise; you would be confronted every day by me, and those like me, who would subject you to physical and sexual harrassment, possible violence and or arrest and torture for wearing what I/we consider "inappropriate dress" and/or "immodesty", amoung other arcane "infractions" of our "code".

Futhermore, you would not be able. or allowed, to defend yourself; you would be forced to beseech me, or one of my cohorts, to defend you.

But Hey, It's "just an apartment", right?

No one's forcing you to move in!

No one's saying you have to give up your "freedom" (to live at risk, and in constsant jepoardy, with little, or no recourse) right?

A Prison, no matter how Comfortable, is Still A Prison.

"Those who would choose Security over Freedom, Deserve Neither!"
edit on 13-8-2012 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The new Amazon women?

Ha! Now there's a thought!
One never knows. Maybe it's history going to repeat itself?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

There had better be hot tubs and swimming pools.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

There had better be hot tubs and swimming pools.

Well - - cleanliness is part of the culture.

Or at least I believe I've read that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Then again the women have no say in the matter. [(insertdisgustedfacehere).]

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
menstrual cycles of women who are around each other often will usually become in tune with each other.

There is going to be roughly a week of every month where no man will want to step foot inside this city... Strategic? or stupid....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Real men can handle it. Oops, I always seem to have one liners, don't I?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

You have very strong views

That's why people still keep an eye out for them, to me and imo they are not free, but to some of them they may feel free. It really is prospective and what seems normal to you by the collective of your own experiences.

No one will be making this little black duck wear a burky, especially a black one, be dead from heat exhaustion in half hour.
but
If I went to their country I would dress sensibly and cover my hair out of respect, as I know for travellers it is better for them to do so.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by natters
menstrual cycles of women who are around each other often will usually become in tune with each other.

There is going to be roughly a week of every month where no man will want to step foot inside this city... Strategic? or stupid....

Heii Yeah!
Take cover fellas, it's going to be a rough week!
Goodness! Can you imagine the tension?!?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The new Amazon women?

Ha! Now there's a thought!
One never knows. Maybe it's history going to repeat itself?

You know they used to slice off their left breast too doncha?!
It got in the way of their archery/weapons (I think it was)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Let's put this way:

Suppose the State were to build a nice comfortable aprtment for you. It would have all the amentities and every luxury you could think of, including round the clock service for food and laundry.

However, If you were to choose not to re-locate to this new paradise; you would be confronted every day by me, and those like me, who would subject you to physical and sexual harrassment, possible violence and or arrest and torture for wearing what I/we consider "inappropriate dress" and/or "immodesty", amoung other arcane "infractions" of our "code".

Futhermore, you would not be able. or allowed, to defend yourself; you would be forced to beseech me, or one of my cohorts, to defend you.

No one's saying you have to give up your "freedom" (to live at risk, and in constsant jepoardy, with little, or no recourse) right?

what the heck are you talking about? Where does it say saudi women will be forced to move in? LOL. Seriously, you threw your argument out the window before u even started.

Western society is different from the Saudis, as they are different to asians as well.

Who says its a prison? YOU?? LOL. I seriously hope your joking, they havent even finished (have they even started?) built the place yet, and your screaming foul. You seriously sound redic!

Its your mentality that brings wars. How about we worry about our own govt first, cuz there sure hell is a lot of problems in our 'paradise' as you seem to believe it is. GET REAL!
edit on 13-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

rereading your post makes even less sense. Lets see, building a new city would provide Saudi women with another option/choice, instead of already being forced to live in the way they do now (which you obviously don't like). So by your logic, dont build the city, dont give them the choice. Either way, you claim foul play. GET REAL DUDE. At least make some sense in your argument, your post only shows anger and ignorance (at what, i have no clue).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Let's put this way:

Since you're so unhappy with their culture, how about you go over there and try to convince them of you're teachings? THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU, not just the men.. but probably the women also!

Western culture is totally different, you cannot compare the two. You're also trying to force what you FEEL (yes, FEEL) is right. While Saudi culture FEEL they are right at the same time. You cannot and should not force your beliefs/ideology on anyone. Have you talked to all Saudi women about this? you make it seem like they all hate where they're from (which is far from the truth, I have many friends who are Saudi and middle eastern). While they will not agree with everything, they are also not against everything either.

It's plain as day, this is a step forward for the Saudi people, where it will end up, NO ONE KNOWS. Stop trying to cry doom and gloom before it happens.

Seriously disgusted.

p.s. CULTURE is a beautiful thing, they are all different. Accept that, and you will be a much happier person.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I suspect that we should not be too judgmental. No national culture changes instantaneously. Those who separate humanity into groups must know this is a human constant.

As a favorite author of mine once wrote, more or less; "The measure of a civilization is in the quality of its citizens."

We all have room to grow.

I think most understand the road is long, and change should be self-fulfilling. But it isn't.

The elders, the oligarchs, the technocrats, the robber barons, the ministers, and others who are somehow ordained to lead; all of these are what stand in the way of change... because the present is malleable... and being able to do a thing, they did it... and made a game of it ... so they can "win."

That's what we must overcome. And "force" won't fix it.

Apologies for the topic drift.... I got carried away I guess.

I whole-heartedly agree!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join