It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi-Arabia to build a city only for women!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Did anyone ask the Muslim women what they think of this City idea?

Nevermind...they are NOT building a city just for women. Sheesh.

"A study conducted by consulting firm Booz and Co. said the Saudi government “should seek to create a supportive cultural environment for women and commit to overcoming the existing customs and social barriers that hamper women’s success.”

english.alarabiya.net...
edit on 15-8-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A woman's city would be cool, especially if men can vacation there.

Only it would be no fun in Saudi Arabia where the fearful men who dare not look at a woman still keep them under bag sheets and treat them like cattle. But if it were in a western country, cool, but only if the women want it. If not then forget it.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sweet! If you sneak into this city the wrong time of month your so fu--ed...
Then again, there is the rest of the month.. Bring on the virgins!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey guys.
Since you are posting your views, the views of a western society where women are allowed to mingle with men and dress however they want let me ask you something, not only about the city but about controversial subjects. Btw, the city is for mostly EXPATRIATE women. Meaning women from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. That kind of thing. In Qatar they are building a city for workers. This is the same.
Now the questions
What if these women want to live in a separate city? Expatriates have been abused in Saudi Arabia for some time now.
What if women like wearing the hijab?
What if a women wants to dress modestly?
What if a women does not like to mingle with men?
You guys are calling Islamic views barbaric but fail to think that maybe women think it isn't wrong. You guys use the motto 'deny ignorance', yet you simply can't accept the idea that maybe the women in Islamic countries don't care if they were the hijab or are segregated. Before judging someone else look at yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

I get what you're saying. In my opinion, everything done after the act of oppression of the women is either adaptation or submission on the part of the women. In their situation, I would grab whatever remedy stresses me the least and has less expected negative cosequences.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by aboutface

I hope all the women that live there end up trying to get independence. That's one rebellion I'd feel good about supporting.

For real. All the women in SA should move to these cities........we will see how long it will take the men to whimper for them to come back. The men might actually have to work and help around the household and treat their wives as equals.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
Hey guys.
Since you are posting your views, the views of a western society where women are allowed to mingle with men and dress however they want let me ask you something, not only about the city but about controversial subjects. Btw, the city is for mostly EXPATRIATE women. Meaning women from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka. That kind of thing. In Qatar they are building a city for workers. This is the same.
Now the questions
What if these women want to live in a separate city? Expatriates have been abused in Saudi Arabia for some time now.
You guys are calling Islamic views barbaric but fail to think that maybe women think it isn't wrong. You guys use the motto 'deny ignorance', yet you simply can't accept the idea that maybe the women in Islamic countries don't care if they were the hijab or are segregated. Before judging someone else look at yourself.

Don't take this in the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure you will. It's pretty blunt.

Beat a dog long enough and he won't ever do anything wrong or even anything else, without the command of their master. I'm pretty sure most slave owners thought they were "good" and "kind" slave owners whose slaves adored them.

What I am saying is that for many many years, women in most Arabic societies have been conditioned to act they way they do. It's not really their free will to do it, it's been ingrained into them since birth. Even then you have women fighting the status quo.... that should tell you that the conditioning they undergo isn't enough to sap them of their free will.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

I hope all the women that live there end up trying to get independence. That's one rebellion I'd feel good about supporting.

For real. All the women in SA should move to these cities........we will see how long it will take the men to whimper for them to come back. The men might actually have to work and help around the household and treat their wives as equals.

Its not for Saudi women! Its for expatriate women working in industries!! Qatar is making a city for workers. Is ATS going on about how cruel and un equal that is?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hey guys.
Now the questions

What I am saying is that for many many years, women in most Arabic societies have been conditioned to act they way they do. It's not really their free will to do it, it's been ingrained into them since birth. Even then you have women fighting the status quo.... that should tell you that the conditioning they undergo isn't enough to sap them of their free will.

Please, that is your own view. Before you start saying how Saudi women are oppressed and live in a primitive stone age society, go to Saudi Arabia and ask Saudi women first. You don't know how the Saudi women live, except for a few news sources and a few hundred anti-islamic and anti-arab sites.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Please, that is your own view. Before you start saying how Saudi women are oppressed and live in a primitive stone age society, go to Saudi Arabia and ask Saudi women first. You don't know how the Saudi women live, except for a few news sources and a few hundred anti-islamic and anti-arab sites.

Saudi women know the deal. They know there are two sets of rules, depending on if they are in Saudi or out of it.

In Saudi, they can't drive and have to be driven. Out of Saudi, they can and do drive.

Saudi itself is a kingdom. Remember that.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by inalandfaraway

Saudi women know the deal. They know there are two sets of rules, depending on if they are in Saudi or out of it.

In Saudi, they can't drive and have to be driven. Out of Saudi, they can and do drive.

Saudi itself is a kingdom. Remember that.

Oh my! I'm not allowed to drive. I'm being terribly oppressed aren't? Your making a big deal out of nothing. Minors aren't allowed to drive anywhere either. Should you guys go around screaming how ageist the governments of this world and telling everyone how society is barbaric and cruel?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A city full of muslim women escaping the chains the muslim men have put on them?
If they can escape their past abuses I bet they will outshine the rest of the country!
Can ya'll see it?? They dump the men holding them down and
the women-run city becomes the shining star of Saudi Arabia.
It would be awesome.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Indeed! But, they would then have to wall themselves in for protection. The lunatic hoards would soon want what they believe is all theirs.

Bizarro World.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Its not for Saudi women! Its for expatriate women working in industries!! Qatar is making a city for workers. Is ATS going on about how cruel and un equal that is?

Everyone seems to be missing the point. It's not for Saudi women, it's for expatriate women, so as to relocate them so the Saudi men don't have to watch the other women of the world doing as they wish.

Outta sight, outta mind?

To NOT be seen and NOT heard.
edit on 17-8-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You know what happens to expatriate women and how they get treated? They end in shady places with little help or shelter. This city is being built to help the expatriates.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

The City will also house Saudi and expatriate men workers, so nothing will change for these women.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Then it 's the same-old, same-old? From all accounts I've read, the foreign women workers are already housed separately and their movements and dress are highly restricted. Can you provide a link that says this is for foreign workers?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Then it 's the same-old, same-old? From all accounts I've read, the foreign women workers are already housed separately and their movements and dress are highly restricted. Can you provide a link that says this is for foreign workers?

I think it's more to do with common sense. Why would women from Saudi families and working families be shipped of to a different city, while their husband and kids remain in a completely different house?
Please provide me with these accounts.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Oh my! I'm not allowed to drive. I'm being terribly oppressed aren't?

Yes.

An adult who is capable of driving should be allowed to drive. there is no reason to not allow women to drive. It's misogyny (hatred of women) on the part of the muslim men ... it's their fear that women are capable of self determination that makes them pretend it's somehow 'Allahs will' that women can't drive. It's a control issue on the part of men ... men over women ... It's both sad and disheartening to see that men do this to women in an effort to control them, and the women have been abused for so long that they just go along with it.

If women can drive themselves, then they can get an education .. they can get a job .. they can be self sufficient .. they can go to the bank .. they can be free of their oppressors (the muslim men) and this scares the men. The men want their women enslaved and dependent upon them.

Your making a big deal out of nothing.

You are sugar coating something that IS a big deal. Adult women being controlled by adult men. It's demeaning. It's demoralizing. It's controlling.

Minors aren't allowed to drive anywhere either.

They aren't physically or mentally capable of driving.
However, adult women are. You can't compare the two.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Search Google news and you will have no problem finding it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join