It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Expressing yourself need not include a temper tantrum. All those other people paid and attended to hear Ryan speak not some 3 year old trapped in an ols mans body.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by AshleyD

Expressing yourself need not include a temper tantrum. All those other people paid and attended to hear Ryan speak not some 3 year old trapped in an ols mans body.

now this man is a 3 year old trapped in an old mans body?

maybe he should have taken his ritalin!
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by AshleyD

You'd be pissed to if you lost your life savings (i think thats what the 71yo was trying to finish saying before being slammed on the ground). I say, good for him for trying to speak up! We need people to speak up (maybe not with so much anger/frustration), instead of being lemmings, while paying to listen to the lip service given.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Like I said, he won't be winning any awards for gracious rebuttals. lol

But that is indicative of just how fed up the American public is. Good for him, I say.

I'm tired of seeing seniors being demonized by the government and media for expecting to see returns on something the government forced them into and royally botched and robbed. The old man has a point. He was passionate about it. That could have been my grandfather.

Poops on the cop, Ryan, and their snobby, ridiculing attitude.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

reply to post by AshleyD

that was pretty good.

I dont think Ryan was being nasty. A little light hearted (heh) joke to change the tone.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think what is really upsetting to people about this is that the notion that Ryan handed the election to Obama just showed up on video.
I live in a red red county that went blue for the first time in decades after local politicians embraced Ryan's budget. 3 guesses what age group voted most heavily.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well I certainly agree seniors have every right to be pissed. Ryan doesnt need to be villified for making what some consider a joke of poor taste. Neither do the cops for removing the gentleman.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

reply to post by AshleyD

that was pretty good.

I dont think Ryan was being nasty. A little light hearted (heh) joke to change the tone.

No, you missed the point, Ryan should have stood up for the man's right to tell a candidate what he thought. Ryan, as a candidate and elected official, should WANTED to hear what the man was obviously frustrated about.....However, his slap stick off handed comment showed he didn't know how to respond, and more importantly, a lack of concern for what the voters think.

Statesmen have turned into politicians, and when people say, 'they are just being political, they are just being political'....how many times have you heard that 'politics' used as a negative term, it is a negative term but the people who use it most are politicians. We need statesmen, we need people elected by the voting body that REPRESENT the body and act in their favor.....not these half wits with cute faces that come from money who don't care about anyone besides their own well being and their agenda.

Kudos to this old man for retorting what Paul was saying, can't believe he allowed the cops to debate the point the man was making by just removing the issue, not actually addressing it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by AshleyD

Well I certainly agree seniors have every right to be pissed. Ryan doesnt need to be villified for making what some consider a joke of poor taste. Neither do the cops for removing the gentleman.

Why not?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Have you ever made a bad joke? Said something with no malice that was blown out of proportion? The cops attempted to remove him calmly and he wouldnt go.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
An example of the new H.R.347 anti-trespass bill maybe? Perhaps there were Secret Service Agents present at the time.

I do not see how the US political system will ever change for the good of "all" your citizens until you get rid of the old crony two party system. They are just two sides of the same coin.

Its a lot like our old NZ two party system of Labour and National which we got rid of years ago, which works well. We now use the MMP system. Our two main parties hate it, cause it means theres accountability and they have to work, compromise, and negotiate with other smaller parties. Keeps them a little more honest.

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

yes I too used to vote Rep. but switched to Dem. in the 1980's and have never regretted it...

link   
reply to post by pointr97

Again, if politicians are expected to just stop during a speech when someone shouts over them its going to be even more of a circus. Let this fella get away with it none of us will never hear the whole speech from any candidate. I know there is room for a few jokes there but it would include Ron Paul or whoever you like.

link   

Originally posted by pointr97

No, you missed the point, Ryan should have stood up for the man's right to tell a candidate what he thought. Ryan, as a candidate and elected official, should WANTED to hear what the man was obviously frustrated about.....However, his slap stick off handed comment showed he didn't know how to respond, and more importantly, a lack of concern for what the voters think.

Statesmen have turned into politicians, and when people say, 'they are just being political, they are just being political'....how many times have you heard that 'politics' used as a negative term, it is a negative term but the people who use it most are politicians. We need statesmen, we need people elected by the voting body that REPRESENT the body and act in their favor.....not these half wits with cute faces that come from money who don't care about anyone besides their own well being and their agenda.

Kudos to this old man for retorting what Paul was saying, can't believe he allowed the cops to debate the point the man was making by just removing the issue, not actually addressing it.

Bingo!

Regardless, this man SHOULD have been allowed to speak ! Politicians work for US, not the other way around. Too many times, the little voice isn't heard, among the sea of Partisan voices. He obviously, has seen this happen, and was going to use his moment. Ryan, should have said, hold on, I will let you speak. He didn't. He should have told the Police, to hold on also. He could have, and should have, if he respects ALL the voices, he represents.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by pointr97

Again, if politicians are expected to just stop during a speech when someone shouts over them its going to be even more of a circus. Let this fella get away with it none of us will never hear the whole speech from any candidate. I know there is room for a few jokes there but it would include Ron Paul or whoever you like.

was the man who disrupted president obama, during a STATE OF THE UNION speech, by screaming "liar" removed and arrested?

no i dont think so.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Have you ever made a bad joke? Said something with no malice that was blown out of proportion? The cops attempted to remove him calmly and he wouldnt go.

That is a very lame excuse for a man who is in the position to represent all Americans.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
with the gop's plan the man won't have any blood pressure medication.also behind the jest lies the truth,Ryan showed his cards on this one.his reaction was degrading and disrespectful,and the cops used unnecessary force with no provocation.i hope a law suit is in order.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Does that make it OK for this guy? I felt the same way I do about this. He should have been removed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Annee

yes I too used to vote Rep. but switched to Dem. in the 1980's and have never regretted it...

I'm still not Dem.

I am registered unaffiliated.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacejosh
Ryan showed his cards on this one.his reaction was degrading and disrespectful

I think that is the major point here.

Ryan was only made official Saturday. It only took him 1 day to show his true colors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join