It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by kurthall

Question, do you ONLY OPEN THE THREADS THAT ARE YELLING AT YOU????? This is not the way we do it around here, it is not a good attention getter and usually causes at least me to go in pissed off for being yelled at and makes me think like all the other all caps newby threads it is going to be a waste of time.

Did you know that we have a really GREAT ongoing thread about just this subject? You may not get S@Fed, or gain any personal attention but you will find others of like mind who are monitoring the situation worldwide.

Here is the most recent page which is currently at close to 200...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I simply reiterate my post, try checking out the link provided it may clarify things for you, just trying to help out. Also I too have done the all caps and it is a panic type fear mongering tactic which is not necessary.
edit on 8-8-2012 by antar because: edit

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Your family is on the east coast, this thread is about the west coast.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

OMG why all the hate! go back to your own thread then!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Cool link, and yeah the heat is awful. They were talking about earthquake weather on the news this morning...Uggg I hope we don't have the big one right now...its too damn hot...people would lose power and die from the heat alone.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

First of all I have only started 2 threads ever! Second of all this thread is not about the WORLD it is about US on the West Coast RIGHT NOW! Third a Newbie?? LOL been visiting this sight for well over 9 years!!
edit on 8-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something.
Now because of your damn hate..I had to check my one other post...and its not in CAPS.....so if you have nothing to add that is going on right now stop!
edit on 8-8-2012 by kurthall because: forgot something.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I hear ya, it would tottaly be sad! all the damage, chaos and heat. Hope FEMA and other agencys are keeping an eye on this stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Did you mean the post above the one you refer to or did you not have a clear understanding of my last post to the member in fear for their family on the east coast when in fact this THREAD addresses the SOUTHERN CALI... Perhaps the all caps will present to you a more friendly version of my replies?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

REALLY? And were you off planet when all of the other disaster's have struck here in the US? I suppose you do not have a plan other than to expect the agencies to bail you out and keep you safe in a post disaster scenario?

edit on 8-8-2012 by antar because: sssssssssssssssss

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Look you used the terms "Always" and "Newbie" Not me. I looked at your page and NOTHING was there about these earthquakes, And I had every reason to post a new So Cali thread when this is going on now where I live and its all over my TV. This is taking place in my back yard. I am not a Newbie, when I post something I feel that it is important, as I have stated 2 posts ever.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When I heard about the earthquakes I also noticed a report about the Chevron Oil Refinery in Richmond, CA exploding and was wondering if the explosion had any effect on the faults....

The last time there was an explosion and fire at the refinery was in 2007. There are 1,200 employees at the refinery and all have received training for fires and disasters.

Source

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I liked seeing the reminders to get supplies. All my fellow ATS'rs in California I as well, encourage you to go stock up!
Water.
Matches.
Candles.
Canned Foods.
First Aid Kit.
Metro Area Map.
Flashlights.
AM/FM Radio.
Shoes made for rugged terrain.
Something to cover your head with.
Also see if local authorities have pre-determined areas for triage centers, etc.....

DO IT ASAP!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Unlikely, it would have to be a massive explosion. Atom bomb size.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

You are right, accept the candles, You don't want to light candles after an earthquake due to gas leaks and the risk of fire, we are in the middle of a heat wave and its very dry...
but on all of the rest you are so right!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Fires at refineries (unfortunately) happen. I would not take too much stock in that fire. Kind of like the gas line explosion in San Bruno a few years back -- bad things happen to good people.

Seems like LA is active -- a normal day (seismically) here in SF . . . .

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SFWatcher

Can anyone please tell me if a big earthquake does happen in California would i feel it herer in Yuma AZ. I am 3 hours from San diego between San deigo and Phoenix. 10 minutes from Mexico.
thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm like an hour drive north of these quakes and haven't felt a single thing up here in the Antelope Valley. I was definitely awake during them. It's definitely been quieter than usual for quite a while here so even though the quakes are pretty small, it gets people a bit riled up. You would expect Cali to have a lot more quakes than it actually does. Not talking the mini 1-2 pointers nobody feels, but 4's and up have been pretty rare lately. Certainly wouldn't hurt to go replenish your supplies, now is as good a time as any.

Interested in the talk of the quakes not feeling normal though. I've never felt a lifting motion in a quake, just a rocking side to side. Also, about the guy predicting that Cali is in for a 9.6 soon, not possible. At least not here in So.Cal. The San Andreas cannot produce a quake of that size as far as I know. Its neighbor to the north Cascadia off the Oregon coast is certainly capable however.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Define big, another problem is the fault does have a speed limit. This is better understood as a maximum limit.
en.wikipedia.org...
Most of the faults in question are off-shots of the SA fault, the SA fault rarely produces anything over 8, in fact it never has according to historical records.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

ok lets say a 7

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

A 6.0 can be felt about 100 miles away from the epicenter, but this also depends on the type of quake and the geology of the area. If there are mountains between you and cali I wouldn't bet on feeling much if it's not that big. 7 you might feel something, nothing serious though.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
there was just another quake I think it was
M4.5 - 2km NE of Yorba Linda, California

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join