It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

By "just" do you mean the one from 9:33 this morning? Or was there literally JUST another 4.5?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The USGS has us on "Quake Alert" and are going to be on soon talking to us on KTLA (that an LA station)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by imagineering

You are right, accept the candles, You don't want to light candles after an earthquake due to gas leaks and the risk of fire, we are in the middle of a heat wave and its very dry...
but on all of the rest you are so right!

Good point.....Living in Minnesota we are always encouraged to buy candles due to power outages, thank you for the heads up!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
would just like to pint out some crazy stuff going on in the USA hope you all stay safe have a look at this link hope it works quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

You should have felt the one we had like 3 years or so ago that was a 5.6 or so they felt it in Las Vegas Nevada and parts of Arizona....earthquakes are strange sometimes you can be on one side of the street and not have much damage and on the other side it can be bad. It all depends on the type of quake...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMG333

By "just" do you mean the one from 9:33 this morning? Or was there literally JUST another 4.5?

there was just another quake.

can somebody send me the link to the site? i forgot what it was but its something like RO?? disaster information

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Here is a link from KTLA news there are probably better ones but its something

www.ktla.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I think this is the one you're looking for

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
43 earthquakes in 11 hours in California is that normal ?

edit on 8-8-2012 by kopitedor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Live Quake Cam in Los Angeles

For whoever's interested in watching.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: deleted

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Cool. I have never seen that before thank you. I don't want to watch it cause I will probably feel it, but still that is cool!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kopitedor

The size of the quakes are not anything big, but the amount is above average. I hope its just letting of some pressure but I think allot of us are worried because they feel different than what we are used to and there are allot of em in a short time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Curses! Foiled Again! It's blocked here at my work. I will have to check it out when i get home. Providing i can detach my 16 yr old from the computer long enough to view it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

I think it might be kinda cool to see the needle on the cam start moving just before you feel the shaking, haha. At least with the little ones anyway!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Reporting from the OC here, it was my first experience of an EQ and I almost $hit myself. Moved out to SoCal over a yr ago. So here I am sitting on the patio approx 930 am pacific time and all of the sudden the patio starts to. Shuffle underneath my feet, never in my life have I experienced such a thing so my immediate reaction was to just stand up out of my chair, before I knew it the ground stopped shaking within a few seconds. I was dumbfounded. this was the first earthquak I had actually experienced while actually on the ground, the other ones I was probably (and thankfully) either sleeping or driving while they happened and didn't notice them. I'm worried for the big one now if a few quick seconds of a tiny 4.0 freaked me out that much this morning, yep, I'm an earthquake n00b.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

well it seems to have quieted down in CA. Nothing for hours.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

thanks for the answer hope it all stays quite and nothing big happens

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

The San Andreas is fine as long as they keep the Salton Sea full of water as it is on the fault.
When the sea dries out 'Then'' we get the big one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join