It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Oh well, whatever.

I was simply pointing out that when most members discuss new EQ info it goes onto the thread I linked this one to for the obvious.

We have some very insightful members who when things get harry or out of the norm discuss it in the yearly thread. Now if something of great and exciting magnitude happens I am sure there will be dozens of new threads devoted to the event.

From what I have been reading for years from the linked Quakewatch2012 2011, 2010 threads, this is not so abnormal.

When something happens worldwide, it is in that linked thread you will find the most up to date and informed data and information.

Another great place everyone hangs out for current EQ discussion is the chat room, I have been in there and the Quakewatch threads getting real time first hand accounts as they happen on several occasions. It at times has almost been like being there!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Yea know , I'm reading all these serious post and people are scared...I'm so concentrating on what everyone is saying and what they know and then all of a sudden I get to your post....omg..you made me smile...then actually lol!!!! I've done that girl!! But the way you said....yea yea...I know I'm blonde...

It was just so innocent and cute!!! It's refreshing in a world of knowItAlls and bullies and people that will climb all over you to get what they want!!!

Thanks for that !!!! Star!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh jeesh!!! Well isn't this nice....I left California 10 years ago in August, and I am set to drive back there to LA on Friday because my mother is ill and needs my help. I was thinking the other day, "Oh you watch...with my luck, the big one will hit while I'm there, after avoiding being out there for a whole decade!"

I spent the first 40 years of my life in Cali, and I don't fear an actual quake while sitting in a newer home, because of the stringent building codes they have. The things that scare me are the cut-off of necessary utilities during a nasty heat wave (electricity, gas, and water), and the buckling of roads which may make my quick escape out of there rather difficult. Broken gas lines that ignite fires are another problem. I had been preaching to my mother to make sure she has extra water stored up, and some food, in case of a quake that messes up the infrastructure. I sure hope she heeded my advice.

Thanks for the head's up, OP....Nothing like "The Big One" to make a trip exciting!! Let's hope these faults are simply blowing off steam and not fixing to blow.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Everyone is aware of the post on ATS yesterday concerning

Mitchell Combes Tsunami/EQ Prediction?

haven't read pages 2-4 of the thread, just freaked by the coincidence of his

prediction and widespread twittering about the multiple quakes in SoCal today.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

It's funny you mention that because on Monday I got VERY dizzy several times while at work and once I even felt like fainting. This worried me quite a bit because I rarely ever feel like that. I thought I might be low on iron or something. I had a feeling there was gonna be a quake though too. I was expecting it to be a major quake though. Even the neighbors dog was going nuts a few days before.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You LIVE in California with earthquakes occurring there every day and you ask this?

Use the internet for information, coming to ATS with a question on earthquakes brings out all sorts of paranoia. use the internet and discover when the big one hits..... no one will have nay clue as to it's possible arrival.

So relax, death is better if you don't know it's coming.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Taken directly from Wiki:

Well water in a village outside of Tangshan reportedly rose and fell three times the day before the earthquake. Gas began to spout out of a well in another village on July 12 and then increased on July 25 and July 26. City dwellers from the "downtown" area who had fish discovered that the fish were restless, jumping out of the aquarium as if wanting to escape, therefore some animals may have anticipated the earthquake.

More than half a month before the earthquake struck, Wang Chengmin of the State Seismological Bureau (SSB) Analysis and Prediction Department had already concluded that the Tangshan region would be struck by a significant earthquake between July 22, 1976 and August 5, 1976. Abnormal signals were mentioned for Beijing, Tianjin, Tangshan, Bohai and Zhangjiakou regions. Wang made an effort to publicize the information to 60 people. One of the people listening in Qinglong was official Wang Chunqing.

So if Wiki is not making up BS, there should be some kind of signs that we can all monitor closely.

I'm very worried about this as well, especially with that thread the other day about the dude who predicted the Japanese tsunami or whatever.

Any ways, I strongly advise folks stock up on the necessities. I mean, worst case scenario you'll never need to use them but if disaster do struck, at least you have something.

If possible, let's all observe if there's anything out of the norm around SoCal.

The Tang Shan earthquake was probably 7.5 or 8.4, so it killed a lot of people in China on that one. Let's all just be careful and look out for each other.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The activity was a little light near California for a few days so it may just be making up for the break it took. A little rest and it's ready to go again
I have seen this before from checking daily on the earthquake site for many years. Seems like it is slipping fine again, that is preferred over a quick and large slip anyday. Someone gave a prediction on another thread and I don;t know what to say of that. Could be real but there is no information about the reason for the prediction that I could find. I can't see someone getting a good prediction on something like that myself.

I hope it's just an isolated small swarm for the sake of those out there. The evolving small swarm even made the national news with Dan Rather tonight. I'm sure you guys in California know how to deal with earthquakes. If one hit here, all hell would break loose cause all we have up here is afternoon mine blasting.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just saw a 2.6 pop up on Earthquake 3D. The time scale is set in days, but since it came up in the last few minutes, I'm assuming it happened a short time ago.
Really hoping these a not a precursor to a big one.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by tluna1

You should have felt the one we had like 3 years or so ago that was a 5.6 or so they felt it in Las Vegas Nevada and parts of Arizona....earthquakes are strange sometimes you can be on one side of the street and not have much damage and on the other side it can be bad. It all depends on the type of quake...

I just wanted to say I felt that one! It was my first earthquake ever. I was in Joshua Tree, CA.
That's all. Not relevant or helpful to the thread, but brought back fond memories of a southern girl's terror at a minor tremor that made me fearful for days! You Cali folks are tough and much braver than me!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now the only thing I need to hear for is the 9.3 and 9.4 earthquakes that are going to cause a tsunami and wash Cali.

But it's been shown that predictions are predictions.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm in the Palm Springs area and we're several miles north of the San Andreas fault line. Thankfully nothing was felt this far inland today but I feel for those that were a bit shaken up earlier. Earthquake warnings are never fun and being so close to the fault line keeps people on edge at times like these and hopefully that's all (for now at least). I've been a So Cal native the majority of my life and I've always been under the understanding that smaller quakes/tremors happen daily and often; they're just not large enough to report (for the most part). The last larger one felt here was last year iirc south of the fault lines in the Baja area but a good handful followed for days.

here's to remaining positive for everyone's sake.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
11:11am august 11 .. HAARP?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i remember me and a friend from there talking about cali falling apart from the Us and he just said the whole nation was jealous of california

link   
He's referring to THIS THREAD

It got shut down because he was posting predictions that his "cousin Mitchell Coombes" told him about.
Not sure if what he says has any truth to it or not. Just thought I'd let you in on why he posted that in here.

link   
@Just got to thread

Didn't someone predict Quakes on here a few days ago and before this first one in Cali? I recall California was one of the target points for an August date and now that I consider it....I think more than one has said it from entirely different theories?

Of course I usually ignore such prediction threads or engage as much to pass time and explore weird topics as anything. However.... Ummm... Guys? When the ground actually does start shaking, and just about on time.......

Well.. Fukushima had fore-shocks for quite some time before the BIG one that leveled them. It's an aspect I haven't even heard the media mention much after the first couple days in Japan.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricCoombes
Sunday 11:11am August 12th

Oh geesh.. youre back.. They ended up closing the other thread pending review. I guess youre back to enlighten us about our "day of reckon"..

If youre really Mitchell's cousin, why not pick up the phone and call him and give us more updates??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EricCoombes

ok mate...i have seen you posting on all the threads. its ok to give a time and date ..... but could you specify what time zone you are talking about. i will make it easy. work out the time for california, sydney and london.

post all 3.

thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That quake was no big deal,as a matter of fact I had to be told that we had an earthquake,hardly newsworthy,was just a standard quake,think too much being read into it

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join