It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

It is not going for regional power, only the ability to ally and create a prosperous country for Iranian citizens....

US and their allies want full control of the entire greater middle east....

I see a huge difference Beez, all due respect
edit on 10-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I see the similarities in that both countries manipulate their people by using the media, local and international.

Both countries manipulate and influence other countries in regions that would be advantageous to them.

Both countries finance groups that would have a destabilising effect on some countries.

And, of course, both countries cry their innocence when accused of such machinations.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Friend

edit on 10-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

First, I want to clear something up for you....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to clear something up, I am not an American

I'm a Canadian

Helps to read the thread.

Now to your post.

First, I am concerned about the type of government that Iran has because they are religious fundamental nutjobs to put it bluntly. I worry about any people's that are under forced religious rule. I live in a liberal democracy( notice the non capitalized words please, that matters ) that the people are free to practice whatever religion they choose and are free from persecution due to that choice from law abiding people. And to be a good neighbor, at least where I come from, means you do worry when your neighbors are having problems and help if you can.

I know the history of what happened in Iran despite your claim earlier of being an unread uneducated person. I know that if given the choice, that most Iranians would just prefer to live their lives without the meddling from their own government and from other governments as well with the ability to choose for them selves who leads them. I would like that for the Iranian people as well.

As for the rest of your post...

You ma'am haven't a clue about what I do to try and help people that are less fortunate than myself. I'd tell you but meh, what's the point. I will tell you this though. I don't rely on my government to fix the problem, I actively do something about it. You can find it all on here scattered throughout my posts on ATS. It seems I may have hit a nerve with the comment about your sect. Maybe some reflection upon what I said is in order. Maybe you will see that your sect isn't as clean as you believe. But that's ok if you choose not to. We all have the freedom here in North America ot live in whatever reality we choose, even if it always doesn't mesh with true reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Therefore let us all sit, and speak to Iranians who live in Iran, look then at the full picture, read all sources and media, listen to all speeches in their entirety, and then come to our best conclusions....

Its the Iranian rulers that holds its people, in its Theocracy. A Theocracy, that holds back, the average Iranian, from speaking out, in open, about what needs to change. Sometimes, you do get to hear what the "average" Iranian has to say. Its not often enough, because of how the regime, clamps down, on its people . Here's a perfect example of it.

You will not see this on State sponsored Media. EVER. I was actually surprised, it was allowed to air.

The land, its People, have no desire for War, Just peace, as those in the West want. When we get to the basics, its easy to see how the Leaders of Iran, keep firm control of its people.

At the 15:00 mark, you will HEAR, a average person, who lives in Iran. How this person, who I would think, represents the MANY who live there.

"Governments have a lot of war with each other, because they have "benefits"."

"But in Iran, Unfortunately,the religion, and the Politics, is mixed with each other."

"And its the MAIN Problem."

"And its the main point of that distance, between people and Government."

You don't need the "media", to see where the problem lies.

Its there for anyone to see, if they want to see it.

With Iran, now wanting to control, all aspects of its Internet, I would assume, that it will be even tougher for the Average Iranian, to speak their peace.

edit on 10-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beez, I am a bit busy currently and apologize for that, I will have to reply you at a later date....

as to the other two of you, who appear to think they know everything about Iran based on western 'documentaries" which is in itself a joke, why not listen to the Iranians on this board? It is generally best to speak to the Iranians you have to speak to and hear their side, rather than decide because you dont like for some reason their side therefore just take the MSM stance on matters!

Currently, as I previously stated, my husband is much more important than any of you...

take good care, I will return at some future date.... inshaAllah

I am positive Mideast and Maes2 will be happy to speak to anyone who wants to hear from the iranian people!
edit on 10-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Can I ask you why you feel it is your business the type of governance the people of Iran choose?

Maybe, for the same reason you feel it's your business the type of people running the US gov't.....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

see, here is where I am different, my personal parentage just happens to be from two different countries, both countries I have a stake in, as both provide my personal heritage!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

as to the other two of you, who appear to think they know everything about Iran based on western 'documentaries" which is in itself a joke, why not listen to the Iranians on this board? It is generally best to speak to the Iranians you have to speak to and hear their side, rather than decide because you dont like for some reason their side therefore just take the MSM stance on matters!

So an Iranian, who actually spoke about her Country, and what problems she sees in her country, doesn't matter, because its a "joke" to you ? How can one take your opinion,to heart, if you cannot bother to address what she had to say ? Deny Ignorance, Indeed.

Did you even watch the Documentary? Its about The Beauty of Iran, and was supported 100% by the Iranian Leadership/Government ! 100%! There was NO Political baiting in it.

About the Iranian Posters here on this site, I have a strong suspicion, that they have Agendas, and are not going to be so candid, as this Young Lady was. In fact, I know this to be the case, As I have had discussions with at least one of these people.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As an American critical of my own government and their foreign policy that has killed millions of people, does that make me Anti American?

If I bash my fellow American's on welfare, am I also anti American?

Or is it the case, that the policies you agree with, that others attack, is anti American?

Originally posted by jhn7537
Through 4 pages I sense that this thread is going to turn into a "I hate USA" thread, also known as a Bash USA thread... It has the topic, a few questionable posts and now were just waiting for the REAL american haters to show up to get this party going....

My guess is that around page 10-12 of this thread it going to be shut down by the mods....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I do not believe you are correct, I have spoken to both of them and see no agenda, they are simply my Iranian brothers.....

I do see agenda with many Americans and Canadians in this thread who feel they have a right to tell the Iranian people what kind of a government the majority can CHOOSE!

I never once said Iran was full of perfection, but you cannot show me any country that is! Leave people be, it is not your business!

You want to care about international politics fine, lets talk what Iran does internationally.... internal issues are just that... internal.....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Ma'am I would like for you to post just once where I said I know everything about Iran. I said I know the history of what happened. I don''t even claim to know everything about my own country let alone one I have never visited. As far as talking to Iranians, I have. Not internet Iranians but flesh and blood human beings who had lived there for many years before coming to Canada. I have gotten the story straight from Iranians who grew up in and still had family there. But then again, you know all about me already. What I know, what I have read, who I have or haven't talked to, what I do or don't do for my fellow humans. Is there any chance you were one of those Iranians I have spoken to ma'am?

So, how about those sources I asked about earlier? Or the statement I asked you whether you agreed with or not. Could we maybe get back to those? I did say please.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I do not believe you are correct, I have spoken to both of them and see no agenda, they are simply my Iranian brothers.....

I do see agenda with many Americans and Canadians in this thread who feel they have a right to tell the Iranian people what kind of a government the majority can CHOOSE!

I never once said Iran was full of perfection, but you cannot show me any country that is! Leave people be, it is not your business!

You want to care about international politics fine, lets talk what Iran does internationally.... internal issues are just that... internal.....

Again, you have sidestepped what the Lady, said about HER Country....

Making a general statement, about leaving ones country's "business" to its own, is a easy way out of the discussion, frankly. You obviously don't want to get into the nuts and bolts, of what she said, but are more inclined to have me talk to other posters, about it, because you feel their answers, will serve your own Ideas,and feelings about Iran. If THEY want to talk about Iran, why are they not here to talk about it ? Why are you their "mouthpiece"? Like I said, I have talked to one about Iran, and frankly, he didn't know a few things about his own Country. I am not here to talk about him, but I am here to talk about what the lady said about Iran. She lives there. You dont. She has more say in the matter, then you ever will. Sorry to be blunt with you.

edit on 11-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
NVM

Off topic.

edit on 11-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

No ma'am, I haven't said anything about what type of government the Iranian people can choose but ironically, they don't have that choice anyway. I am sure most would love to have that freedom.

But as you wish, I'll bring it back to what you requested with the same question that I have asked a couple of others on this thread...

Does the Iranian Government provide terrorist networks throughout the world with financial, training and material support?

Edited to add: Also, does the graphic in the OP reflect an accurate picture of what it claims or is it more of the propaganda you have spoken of?
edit on 11-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I think Iranians are a lot like everyone else - Americans, Canadians, Brazilians, etc - in an important respect. You're going to get as many different opinions as people you speak to on any given subject. That, I believe, would account for a fair amount of apparent discrepancy in what different people are hearing from different people.

Now, I've talked to Iranians here in the States, and Iranians across the internet, in Iran. I would expect there to be a difference in even their opinions, even though they are both Iranian, born and bred, and I would expect it for this reason: the ones who are here, are here for a reason. many of those are not going to have as glowing an opinion as, say, an Iranian that stayed home.

That's why I try to talk to folks across the spectrum, but still close to the issues... perhaps on different sides of the fence, but still close. It's only in that way that I can feel like I've got a balanced picture of the reality on the ground, both good and bad. Nothing is ever 100% either way, but I give more credence to their opinions, whatever they may be, than I do nearly any other sources.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

edit on 11-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Isn't there some saying about those who are exiled or something from their country? Those are the ones you trust the least....

but I thought there was a saying, cant find it or think of its wording......

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

but there are people who have sex change operations!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I like Iran.
There are no Gays in Iran!

Butbutbut... who does their interior decorating then?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I am sooo offended!

Are you saying women do not make good interior decorators?

you sexist person!

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join