It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by nightbringr

That is a statement, not an action.

Once again - has Ahmadinejad - or Iran - executed anybody for being gay, or has any action come about from his comment?

Eta - you already lost this argument four comments ago. I'm just wondering when you'll have the guts to acknowledge it.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

no they are executed for rape. especially if there is a private complainant or group rape. and they should be over 18. and Ahmadinejad can not do anything towards judiciary system. if he does such a rape(just that kind of rape not adultry or what clinton did !) it gets executed as well !

edit on 10-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
if you rape in Iran and if you have private complainant and if you are over 18 they will execute you and Ahmadinejad can not do anything. so if you love your lifes do not rape in Iran,please !

If you love your life, don't even go to Iran at all. Weren't a couple of backpackers out for a hike through the mountains arrested at the border for being spies, recently?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I am a troll because I am still proud to be an American...God Bless You too...

Its one thing to be proud, its another to be ignorant.

Ignoring the facts won't make them go away.

vvv

Problem is, most Americans are "proud to be Americans" as per VVV's post, but as per your post, completely ignorant of the facts.

Americans who still think America is the greatest nation in the World, need to watch the first episode of "The Newsroom" for an epic speech as to why it's not, but used to be.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Once again - has Ahmadinejad - or Iran - executed anybody for being gay, or has any action come about from his comment?

Of course they have….I thought this was common knowledge.

Iran executes three men of homosexuality charges

"The three convicts were sentenced to death based on the articles 108 and 110 of Iran's Islamic penal code, for acts against the sharia law and bad deeds," the Isna agency quoted a judiciary official in Khuzestan as saying.

Iran Human Rights, an independent NGO based in Norway, said the men were charged with "lavat" – sexual intercourse between two men. It is not clear whether the three men were homosexuals or merely smeared with homosexualityaccused of being gay.

It is believed that the execution of the three men is the first time for many years that any Iranians have been given death sentences on the basis of their sexuality.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by maes2

Oh, they are not executed for being gays, they are sent to the mad house to be cured, right?

"moreover if one says this they do not execute it but send him to Madhouse to be cured ! “

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did know that you would react. I was saying.
"""if you want to know that Gays are executed, no, they are gays in their private no one comes and says that he is a gay and he wants to marry with the same sex ! moreover if one says this they do not execute it but send him to Madhouse to be cured ! """
it means in Iran even Gays do not consider that a marriage, but some kind of sex pleasure. and only some kind of rape will lead to execution no matter Gay rape, and especially adultry rape. anyway media just shows pictures and say all of the executed indivduals are GAY ! and they are executed for being Gay, they do not say that they did rape or murder. I think if americans were concerned about martians the media would say they are executed because of being Martians !

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Son of Will

Of course they have….I thought this was common knowledge.

Iran executes three men of homosexuality charges

"The three convicts were sentenced to death based on the articles 108 and 110 of Iran's Islamic penal code, for acts against the sharia law and bad deeds," the Isna agency quoted a judiciary official in Khuzestan as saying.

Iran Human Rights, an independent NGO based in Norway, said the men were charged with "lavat" – sexual intercourse between two men. It is not clear whether the three men were homosexuals or merely smeared with homosexualityaccused of being gay.

It is believed that the execution of the three men is the first time for many years that any Iranians have been given death sentences on the basis of their sexuality.

Despite the obvious bias from the authors of that article, they manage to sneak in the other side of the story in one sentence.

Isna said the men were also convicted of robbery and kidnapping.

This was covered a couple of pages ago, but seeing how meandering this thread has become, I'me not surprised some people missed it.

Eta - why is it that every slam piece on Iran turns out to have a rather simple explanation that doesn't require dehumanizing Muslims into bloodthirsty fanatics?
edit on 10-8-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hezbollah defensive?

Yea, defensive like invading Iraq.

The word defense seems to be universally being rewritten as offensive.

Iran is no different than America. Causing wars for their own defense.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It's taken about 40 pages of debate, but I really think we're getting to the crux of the matter here.

Iran really isn't that much different than the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
congratulations ! as this site is about Iran vs. US I was just watching a wrestling between them that US won the gold.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The dominican republic tried three times?

Ouch.

D.R. is a tiny island in the Caribbean isn't it?

Got to give them a gold star for perseverance if nothing else.

edit on 10-8-2012 by MysterX because: Missed a 'B'.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Gorman91

It's taken about 40 pages of debate, but I really think we're getting to the crux of the matter here.

Iran really isn't that much different than the US.

Oh it's VERY different beezzer mate.

In many, many ways.

Let's see...America starts wars, starts a LOT of wars...Iran doesn't.

America spreads itself and gets busy in every single country on the planet..yeah, you guessed it, Iran doesn't.

America has thousands of nuclear missiles, plus many more biological and chemical weapons...Iran doesn't have nuclear bombs (although i'm pretty sure they have the other)

(can you tell i've not bothered to wade through this thread yet?)

America has (as per the OP) engaged in many, many wars...many of it's own design...Iran doesn't and hasn't.

Come on, do we really need the propaganda merchants to clarify the issues for us? Surely not?

ATS people are exposed to the realities of life, or at least as close to the realities of life as were currently 'allowed' to get, every time we log in here and elsewhere of a similar ilk on the net ...the majority of regulars aren't easily swayed (have you seen the vitriol on many of the threads?!!) by loud, opinionated ramblings or the echoing of MSM's desired thought pattern of the day...we generally see what's going on in the world, to a large extent and many of us take the issues in the spotlight of 'current fancy' in the round, and recognise the mechanics of manipulation and realise there is a man hiding behind the curtain with a megaphone.

Virtually all rational people who, upon looking even with a cursory glance at the record of the fairly recent war and militaristic stance of the two nations in question (USA and IRAN), will have no option (in evidentiary based reasoning) to come to the same inescapable conclusion...namely, that Iran hasn't been nor is going to be the enemy of the free world, nor are they a clear and present threat to humanity...unfortunately....America, (and i'm sure i'm not alone in hating this) through it's seemingly abject abondonment of domestic self determination together with it's apparent handing over of the authority for desicion making in the Middle East to Israel, (the absolutely worst nation the US could have considered for such a role...their record is even worse than that of the USA's)

The result is this...the USA has been prodded forwards toward yet another conflict in the Middle East, pushed forwards by those that would prefer to be blameless in the slaughter of millions...Israel. Israel's coerscion and hijacking of American politics, regretfully, is nothing new and although the manipulation of a superpower by Israel is not in the least shocking or surprising to seasoned observers these days...it bloody well OUGHT TO BE!

It actually sickens me, that as a British man knowing that weedy British governments have bent over backwards or simpy bent over, in the face of American political demands (our lopsided extradition treaty is a small example of said 'bending over'), that now, today in 2012, the only other country on our planet that i had hoped 'would make it, and would make it better'...isn't doing either, for itself or the rest of the world.

The danger doesn't aways come from the direction you expect it to...sometimes it comes from right under your nose.

The bottom line i guess, is to beware those that whisper sweet nothings in your ear, because you're liable to end up with nothing...and a yeast infection.

Look at the stats for yourselves, all of you reading this go and look...discussion is good, but facts don't lie...look at the stats.

Peace and long and happy lives to you and yours, everybody...hopefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I can provide sources that Iran provides assistance to it's regional allies, which is has every right to do.

Please then.

As for around the world, that is just hogwash. It's the United States who funds terrorist organizations around the world, not Iran.

Suicide vests are all the rage in Paris...
www.meforum.org...

The world is our oyster...
www.canadafreepress.com...

Bosnia is regional????
www.nytimes.com...

Achmed the dead Terrorist coming to a town near you???
www.aljazeera.com...

You did say that Hezbollah was a defensive force yes???
www.msnbc.msn.com...

A reward for a job well done???
www.guardian.co.uk...

You did say defensive right????
www.upi.com...

And regional right???
www.washingtontimes.com...

Ya, regional????
www.ynetnews.com...

Hogwash you said right????
www.telegraph.co.uk...

You were saying?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by nenothtu

I think this post is your answer too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What was Neno's question that you thought needed answered akhi? I have not been under the impression Neno would ever care about Iran's penal code..... Therefore I am curious why you thought he should be answered thusly.
edit on 10-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

First, check the sources... try for unbiased.... second, there is a huge difference between Sunni and Shi'ah, especially Wahabbi and Shi'ah

Let's not become confused....it seems you are

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It is not going for regional power, only the ability to ally and create a prosperous country for Iranian citizens....

US and their allies want full control of the entire greater middle east....

I see a huge difference Beez, all due respect

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I'll ask you straight up.

What constitutes a "unbiased source" in your world?

And really? confused.
I think you don't have a clue on what you are talking about and use simple little terms like biased source and I'm confused to turn away from the straight fact that those "biased sources", which includes the mouth of several Iranian Ministers, proved the claim false. But that's ok, I'll do my best to remember the difference between the different sects of Islam next time.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well Israeli and Zionist articles certainly dont work... nor does MSM because of Pentagon propaganda agendas....

There is your answer

second, I am Shi'ah, I have lived the things you wish to speak of.... and you speak incorrectly, because you use news biased and wahabbi problems against shi'ah

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Could you provide me with some of those sources than please?

I am truly interested in what constitutes an unbiased source for you.

And last time I heard, Iranian Ministers weren't mouth pieces for anyone other than the Iranian Government. Would you agree with that statement?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Russia is doing a half way decent job on unbiased as of late, at least they do not copy paste pentagon or israeli propaganda and they do critisize Iran sometimes....

often, speak to the people who know, to get a better picture....

you can look at all sources, then speak to people, then find what appears the best middle ground...

but believeing everything you read makes you an ignorant man.

I do not say Iran is perfect, they are human, a government run by humans, but I do say that Iran is not what US and Israel want you to think. You have to watch entire speaches that are unedited and properly translated, to understand what Iranian government is saying...when you do this you gain more understanding of the Iranian stance.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
What was Neno's question that you thought needed answered akhi? I have not been under the impression Neno would ever care about Iran's penal code..... Therefore I am curious why you thought he should be answered thusly.

I see. he is my friend. there are many propaganda in this world. maybe there are some people that can handle the truth !

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join