It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Russia and Iran are STATE SPONSERED, when it comes to their news sources.

Kind of hard to say they are unbiased, hey?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

He can akhi... he knows about Shariah, but from Sunni, it is good to speak on Shi'ah differences.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You dont think MSM is state sponsored?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That's all well and good and I appreciate the analysis of myself by some anonymous person on the internet but you didn't give me any sources. Which sources from Russia? Is Russian media the only ones who are doing a good job in your opinion?

You didn't answer my question either.

Do you or don't you agree with the statement...

Iranian officials are mouthpieces for the Iranian government only.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

MSM and Zionist papers are mouthpieces for western government and agenda alone....

see the problem?

You are unwilling to even hear Iranian side and stance, before coming to the conclusion you would rather hear pentagon propaganda!

This is why I said be thorough and read everything, hear all sides, listen to full and unedited speeches, make sure you know all fact from all sources and sides, then come to your conclusion based on the best middle.

Sorry I cannot give anyone a brain to do this... only the individual can do this for themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by sonnny1

You dont think MSM is state sponsored?

You said this, which has nothing to do with The rest of the Worlds media.

Russia is doing a half way decent job on unbiased as of late, at least they do not copy paste pentagon or israeli propaganda and they do critisize Iran sometimes....

Dont deflect from the question, with another question.

What we see in Russia today is a dual media system, with independent and criticalnewspapers on one side vs. controlled and censored television channels on the other. Theindependent media are facing severe difficulties, and the accountability of the elected arenearly non-existing. The weaknesses of the judicial system allowing arbitrary exercising ofthe legislation against journalists, the increased control of media outlets both regional andfederal, among television channels, newspapers and online media, lack of access toinformation, all are preventing the development of the media as the fourth estate providing acheck on those in power. Journalistic practises, the heritage from the Soviet era and not atleast the ownership structures are contributing to the development of a media system infavour of authoritarianism. Globalization has only a minor effect on freedom of speech due toincreased control of the internet, and the capacities the authorities have shown to useglobalization to their own advantage. The Russian media today are far more contributing touphold an authoritarian regime than contributing to increased democracy.

The Russian media under Putin and Medvedev: Controlled media in an authoritarian system.

The Media of Iran are privately and publicly owned but subject to the control of the government. A special court has authority to monitor the print media and may suspend publication or revoke the licenses of papers or journals that a jury finds guilty of publishing antireligious material, slander, or information detrimental to the national interest. Since the late 1990s, the court has shut down many pro-reform newspapers and other periodicals.

Media of Iran

Can we talk about whats biased again?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hopefully it's not RT. [ I haven't bothered to look ] What does it say about a STATE sponsored News organization that's only obsessed with mostly the US and all points West? They should honestly change their name from RT " Russia Today" to....

Today in the US and everywhere else but Russia!...

When they [And Press TV for that matter] start airing some of Russia's and Iran's dirty laundry just as vigorously as they do everybody else's then we can consider them unbiased and legitimate. Having said that though, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

They do get it right [With a twist of course]

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Thanks again for the analysis and knowing what I do and don't know, read and haven't read, learned and haven't learned and so on. It has made a huge difference in my life realizing these deficiencies and I will go forth with this new outlook with zeal.

Saying that though, you still haven't provided a source for me to peruse. Could you kindly link a couple for me.

You also haven't answered the question with a simple positive or negative answer...

Iranian officials are mouthpieces for the Iranian government only.

reposted again so you don't have to scroll allllllll the way up the page to find it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am not making this a reply to any one person since everyone wants to act like we should be all trusting of MSM

www.nytimes.com...

"The Pentagon is developing plans to provide news items, possibly even false ones, to foreign media organizations as part of a new effort to influence public sentiment and policy makers in both friendly and unfriendly countries, military officials said.

Little information is available about the Office of Strategic Influence, and even many senior Pentagon officials and Congressional military aides say they know almost nothing about its purpose and plans. Its multimillion dollar budget, drawn from a $10 billion emergency supplement to the Pentagon budget authorized by Congress in October, has not been disclosed.

Headed by Brig. Gen. Simon P. Worden of the Air Force, the new office has begun circulating classified proposals calling for aggressive campaigns that use not only the foreign media and the Internet, but also covert operations."

-The public outcry against this was so strong the pentagon publicly stated this office was shutting down. However, Donald Rumsfeld is on record stating;

www.fas.org...

Rumsfeld:

"And then there was the office of strategic influence. You may recall that. And "oh my goodness gracious isn't that terrible, Henny Penny the sky is going to fall." I went down that next day and said fine, if you want to savage this thing fine I'll give you the corpse. There's the name. You can have the name, but I'm gonna keep doing every single thing that needs to be done and I have."

-the DOD website has since removed this transcript from their site, the transcript in the above link was copied directly from their site before it was taken down... If you go to this link www.defense.gov... you can see that the article is in the archives section of the official DOD website but if you click the link it comes up as a removed page

articles.latimes.com...

The article (link above) was written by an LA Times military affairs analyst after the shut down of the office of strategic influence and subsequent comments made by Rumsfeld. The author of this article is not stupid, he knew about the closing of the office of strategic influence and exactly what Rumsfeld said, this is the LA Times, not some fly by night newspaper, this proves that the comments were in fact made by Rumsfeld, and serious military analysts believed this was still an ongoing operation.

The Military's New War of Words

"In a policy shift that reaches across all the armed services, Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld and his senior aides are revising missions and creating new agencies to make "information warfare" a central element of any U.S. war. Some hope it will eventually rank with bombs and artillery shells as an instrument of destruction."

-Since 2002 mainstream media is absolutely silent about these programs. Since that time however, we have found disinformation throughout mainstream media reports, all siding with US government agenda. We are also finding more and more journalists loosing their employment for speaking against government policy.

Everything we are getting about the Situation in both Syria and Iran is disinformation out of the Pentagon because the mainstream media stopped being actual journalists to being copy pasters without checking sources or caring in the least for truth long ago.

Now, I have a husband to whom I need to attend. I bid everyone good day.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I am not making this a reply to any one person since everyone wants to act like we should be all trusting of MSM

You're preaching to the choir....

Your News source: Spins, Slants or STRAIGHT OUT LIES!

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is why we must always read everything, and find the middle ground yes?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is why we must always read everything, and find the middle ground yes?

You post that as if it's a great epiphany or some great revelation but some on these boards seem to have blinders/blinkers on.

Yes, I agree.

edit on 10-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, it does appear to be some kind of epiphany to those who post articles from MSM and Zionist papers like they are the end all of knowledge, when we know this is not the case...

But I am glad we can agree!

edit on 10-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes, I know...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's right, you have been lied to. Often. By everyone.

You have been lied to by the MSM. Doesn't matter if it's Fox, CNN, CBC, BBC, Al Jeazera or your local news paper. They lie to you everyday. And by the way, they can do it legally...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Therefore let us all sit, and speak to Iranians who live in Iran, look then at the full picture, read all sources and media, listen to all speeches in their entirety, and then come to our best conclusions....

by the way, we all agree, whether we are iranian or american, that the wahabbis (extremist sunnis, salafis, ahl al sunnah wal jammah etc) are bad, and they do many things in their own name, and do not follow Islam in their actions....they are simply bad people, please do not group the shi'ah in with the sunnis, we follow different teachings, and this shows clearly in many things.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The mainstream media is a concentration camp of the mind. Turning on television is like voluntarily walking into prison. Ending mass mind control is as simple as turning off the television, and throwing newspapers in the garbage.

No one needs the New York Times, CNN, Fox News, and other corporate media organizations to get the news anymore. These institutions do not serve a good purpose and perform no public service. They don't 1) report the truth, 2) offer historical context to world events, and 3) give a balanced and rational view of the world. Their silence about 9/11 truth has produced a toxic global culture and led to the deaths of many innocent victims in the Middle East.

edit on 10-8-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I want you to understand that I have no problem with the Iranian people. For the most part, I am sure they are just like must other peoples, just wanting to live their lives.

I have an issue with the Iranian theocratic government though, the Canadian government, US, UK, and most others around the world. The difference is I will openly admit when my government screws up and don't pretend that they are perfect. I am more than willingly to say my nation made a mistake and hold my government responsible. I will not and don't hold every person of a nation responsible for the actions of their leaders. That's disingenuous and frankly, intelluctually dishonest.

I will say though that you show your bias by saying Shiah muslims are not responsible for any atrocities. That is patently false. people of all religions and non religious alike are responsible for atrocities. saying that your sect of Islam is clean shows that you hold one of the worst bias's of all, religious bias. I can admit that people that may be aligned with me whether through religious or political affiliations, regardless of how loosely, mess up and do things that are criminal.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Can I ask you why you feel it is your business the type of governance the people of Iran choose?

Quite frankly, it is not.... when and if the Iranian people choose otherwise, they will choose it for themselves and put in a new government.

Iran was once democratic, but the United States government overthrew that.... now it is the peoples choice to have a stronger government... if people would leave things be, they would not be as they are today. But this did not happen, and again, it is no ones business what kind of government others have.

and dont give me your concern for humanitarian things, if you had concern for humans you would not have homeless sleeping in the streets in America, you would not have children without enough to eat, you would not have the highest prison population in the world, the highest statistics of rape... and the list goes on...

leave others to themselves, and to attend their own problems, while you all attend yours.... that is how you be a good neighbor

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The opposite picture will painted in the media, and that's all people will listen to at the end of the day.
people like being told they are the good guys that it's for good, and will ignore any evidence that is suggesting otherwise.

All most people will get from your list is there is a lot of bad guys that the good guy sorted out, it's more comforting than questioning whether they are supporting the bad guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join