It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Interesting timing but has anyone actually been watching the Olympics to care?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That is pretty close to an omen in my book. None of the other flags flew off.

There is a sh-- storm on the horizon. And it ain't looking good.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What if the Olympics were timed to coincide with an event? Natural perhaps such as a series of super tsunamis or an inbound object.

They have, congregated in one place, the most superior athletes and perhaps the strongest genes to 'restart' civilization. Easy to stash away in case of disaster.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Interesting timing but has anyone actually been watching the Olympics to care?

You might be about the only one not watching. I've actually gotten into this year...fun stuff.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That had to be the work of the NWO!!! Reptillians....Ummmm Zimmerman... Err.. um... swampgas!! Thats it, swampgas!! Because we all know the wind couldn't have possibly played a role in bringing that flag to the ground.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by TrueAmerican

How about a windy day and poorly attached simple!

SILENCE!

We will have no common sense in these here threads you scallywag!

I agree. It must be a really slow news day if the folks on ATS are debating a flag falling.

Seriously people, get a grip. The flag fell down, big deal! Why does it "have to be" planned? Why "must" it be an "omen"?

I think a lot of people here need to reintroduce themselves to the force of gravity. Stand on a chair and jump off, is that an "omen" of something, or a message? No, it's you jumping off a chair, and gravity doing the rest for you.

Oh, and coincidences most certainly do exist.

RE stand on a chair and jump off would that be head first to knock some sense into people

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Conspiracy, prophecy or coincidence, I don't know but I know one thing for sure...

This project went to the lowest bidder because they choose to use open hooks instead of the more expensive clips that are spring loaded to prevent such a thing from happening!

cheap bastards!
edit on 8-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Typical English gusts can get quite fearsome whipping around a stadium. But I'm going with it being proof that God is English.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Typical Chinese Junk Flag, it probably tore. The Russians probably made their own flag.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
When was the last time this stadium had a good garlic cleansing?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's pretty clear how it happened...

At the 32 second mark in the OP version of the video, the flag flips over the pole holding it due to the wind. The flags are held on by hooks, and the weight of the flipped flag over the pole pulls off one of the hooks after a few more gusts. After one side was unhooked the additional weight on the second hook made unhooking a given, and appeared like it happened almost simultaneously.

Admittedly, the coincidental timing was amusing. lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
BIHoTZ I agree that the flag is in my heart too and I feel this incident is nothing more than bullies pulling a prank. We still won. What gets me is the lack of press coverage. Did they burn the flag? Was there an apology? How does Williams feel about the incident? This was her moment. No one caught her expression? Surely there were hurt feelings as people laughed and clapped.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

O.K . Yeah this looks like a pretty bad omen.
Here's the Raven's analysis:

1. U.S flag hanging between Russian and Belarus Flags .
Well Belarus was once part of USSR until the Soviet Union
broke up. Now Belarus is an independent nation.

2. America was once part of British Empire until
the Revolutionary war . Again, now there are two nations.
A breaking and separating occurred.

So now one must ponder, omen-wise, Is it now time for the U.S. as a nation to
be broken up? Last time we came close was the Civil War . One of Civil War
issues was enslavement of black people.
Well who's standing on the winners podium when the flag falls?
A Black Woman.

Strange that this happened in Great Britain. The Star Spangled Banner was penned during
the War of 1812 which was the first war that America ever declared against another nation.
That nation was Great Britain. An interesting Century Mark , I think.

Timing might have something to do with a Russia, Belarus,(and others) VS U.S., Great Britain,(and others)
incident in the Middle East

Bald Eagle in the turpentine tree.
In the cold morning ,cut into three.

edit on 8-8-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: spelling

edit on 8-8-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There no such thing as omens. I walk under ladders all the time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I would have thought it was a coincidence..EXCEPT it just happened to fall at that right moment coinciding with the lyrics??
What is the probability??
I was watching this when it happened and it gave me a very unsettling feeling as I tried to look for other clues that might give us some insight.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When will all of you doom and gloom people realize that the more you wish upon ill will of the human race, the more those things will never happen. For anyone to believe that anything sinister or evil will happen at the Olympics is just completely ridiculous.

Get out of your mothers basements, take a walk, enjoy life and stop looking for seemingly empty clues. It will not happen. Nor will it ever.

People have to realize that while yes, there are some pretty horrible events that take place, and for whatever those reasons are, nothing will ever happen at a sporting event as it is the one place where all nations do come together, even North Korea competes. So if you think for one minute that any terrorist attack, any BS Illuminati attack will take place, you are sadly mistaken as it would be the worst crime, unforgivable in our current world history, and no country would want anything less than the fullest extent of UK and international Law brought down upon those responsible.

But again, there is not 1 organization with a well oiled machine in operation that would touch the Olympics with a ten foot pole.

You kids need to wake up and realize that the constant fear you are living in is exactly where "They" want you to be. Where ever in the hell that is.
edit on 8-8-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The smallest flame can be used to start a signal fire .

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Pretty bizarre alright, and perhaps more than a coincidence? The flag falls off the mounting bar, precisely on time, right immediately after the part in the song that says "That our flag was still there"

Additional, clearer video here:
www.liveleak.com...
(Thanks ATS member QuantumPhysicist)

Just. Too. WEIRD!

Synchronicity? Bad Omen? A cheap trick? Political statement? Prophetic?

lol, cheap Chinese mountings? :shk:

The flag had already settled in the fixed, raised position! I mean I could see it maybe as it was being raised cause of the additional stress, but that timing is just off the hook!
edit on Wed Aug 8th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

That seemed like it was staged. Weaken the mounting brackets just enough so that all that wind blowing on it would break them and the flag fall. None of the other flags fell so it seems to be pointing at sabotage.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

As of writing this America has won 71 medals. 30 gold, 19 silver, and 22 bronze. Out of 71 times the National Anthem was played during medal awarding ceremonies, the flag fell one time.

So, what was the significance of this one event for people to conspire against the United States and cause the flag to fall during the medal ceremony?

Yeah, the flag was hoisted so many times that the repeated stress on the bindings caused it to break and come loose. If America plans to win so many medals, at least they should put up a stronger harness for their flag than the rest of the world. The flag got tired of being hoisted so often. It was time for a break, give someone else a chance, will ya!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Signs signs everywhere there's signs... Is this a sign or just a random event... The flag falling at the Olympics is a sign of the pending demise of the U.S.? Don't be ridiculous cousin Larry...

Is it a warning? Is it sabotage? I know it was the reptilian overlords showing us how powerful they really are. Then can make our flag fall on cue. Wow that is some amazing power they have. Imagine if they coordinated their efforts and every U.S. flag fell all at once. WE WOULD BE DOOMED...

I am being sarcastic...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join