It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Omen? US Flag Falls, Right on Cue During US Anthem at OIympics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Uh oh. Headline now on refdesk: Olympic Viewing: Getting ready for big one.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is the olympics.... Not some world gathering for who's gonna rise n fall.. Im sure it was some lame ass Canadian's that had this planned, so they can watch alot of idiot Americans talk about spooky doomsday scenarios. Cant even have a full moon without people talking about how the moon has "shifted" wth....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yah, but listen to the crowd...

At first they gasp, then there is a knowing ahhhh, then finally chuckling.
This wasn't planned ahead of time. The "Wind" did it.

I read that, just as the crowd did. The Winds of change are gonna blow. Not of men either.

Edit: Where did that wind come from? Is that indoors?
edit on 8-8-2012 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am going to say coincidence....

It looked like it was windy... and whoever hooked up the flag didint do a good job...

my $0.02

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Haven't watched the video, but here's my take on the possibilities:

1) Random coincidence - while it may seem the most simple explanation, it's pretty long odds on this one considering the timing
2) Someone who is anti-US rigged something so it would happen that way
3) Rigged on purpose as an "Omen" or declaration by dark forces (I.e. NWO, etc.)
4) some kind of more surreal/metaphysical/supernatural/whatever-induced synchronicity fortelling something to come

Now I didn't see the flag fall, not sure whether it looks like something which could have been "triggered" with such timing or not. I'll have to check the vid, but it doesn't sound like we get a real clear view of the anchors/clasps or whatever which failed.

Whatever the case...I don't like it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
America fell in 1913. The paperwork is just not yet complete.

Sensationalism + Ignorance = people who go around talking like you.

You offer nothing but an uneducated opinion. America didn't "Die" in 1913. It's still alive. It's just fallen victim to apathy and people like yourself.

Get involved or get out.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe our flag is worn out due to being lifted so many times with all our Olympic winners!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So what? You think everything happens for a reason? It is what it is and stuff happens...no need to make up something to suit your ideology every time, is there? Although I will say imagination and the creative process serve their purpose.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the flag being blown all the way up and over the bar in the wind , possibly unhooking the flag as it flipped over? Just a thought

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here the original video in HD
comment are open

edit on 8-8-2012 by SwaGgnBraGg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Did anyone else notice the flag being blown all the way up and over the bar in the wind , possibly unhooking the flag as it flipped over? Just a thought

Look again. Although it rises twice above horizontal in the wind (so do the other flags), the flag is hanging almost vertical when it drops.

edit: Whoops. I looked again and you are right. It "flips" over its bar at least once. I still say for what ever reason it did... Baaad Ju Ju.

edit on 8-8-2012 by intrptr because: correction

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am shocked, just discovered this news, do we know which flags were on either side of the US flag?

People are just laughing and seem very pleased that the flag fell.

This is not good news at all, it is a harbinger of a terrible time for US.

Most importantly to me, which flags were on either side of it?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

Originally posted by starshift
America fell in 1913. The paperwork is just not yet complete.

Sensationalism + Ignorance = people who go around talking like you.

You offer nothing but an uneducated opinion. America didn't "Die" in 1913. It's still alive. It's just fallen victim to apathy and people like yourself.

Get involved or get out.

You are wrong and starshift is right,

America was used as a fronman/bulldog in the (Roman) empire building conquests of
the last century. It was always pencilled in for destruction (along with the dollar.)

And this is the year.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Thank you... I'm glad some know the importance of that year. Heck, I'm only half joking to say that if ATS had an entry quiz, explaining who, where and why that year was pivotal to every aspect of the America that followed would need to be in the top 5 anyway. lol...

Now onto the thread.... Oh this is absurd and sickening. I don't know if it was intentional or not. Others surely know the venue, game and teams this specifically involved? How strong were rivalries there?

I'd note that we see people, and some international, who hate America so much they almost glow from it. Someone like that would easily pull a prank like this and never see it as more than that, A funny prank,
I'd sure like to know who the three were hanging the flag...and who prepped the rod and gear all three flags were attached to. I smell REAL weird coincidence....or very mean spirited prank.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I, too, believe this was something of a sign. But please bare with me for people who are using the observation of "both latches released" instead of "one at a time".

From a scientific point of you, I can say this: The wind was blowing straight at the flag, against it. Not from necessarily one side or the other, as you can see from the flag blowing backwards. Also, the latches are mostly likely machine made and have a quality standard. For one to hold on more than the other would be, in my mind, highly implausible.

A possible argument - "Why did just the American flag fall and not the other two?" The American flag was held higher than the other ones. Most likely the wind was stronger with altitude (due to the stands blocking currents).

Still, to me, I believe this was an omen. But I would also not be surprised if it really was an accident. How often does that happen, however?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by crazyguy2012

What are the odds of that happening, right at that time in the song? And what are the odds that it was rigged to fall? Near zero? They'd be crucified if it was found out to be rigged!

As a believer in synchronicity, I think this was something else.
edit on Wed Aug 8th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Perhaps this is a question for Wayne Allyn Root
..get it? cuz he's an odds maker? and you asked what are the odds... and he's mentioned in a recent thread.... about Obama's college records... and some believe Obama will be the last prez/hates amerika/is muslim/and so on and so forth...get it?

aaaaaaaaaah that was fun

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's only a bad omen if you are superstitious. Superstition has no bearing on the outcome of anything.

As long as I can remember I've heard theories and claims about the supposed downfall of the U.S. I wonder if we were not one of the most powerful and influential nations on this planet, would these theories be so prevalent?

Even if the USA’s power and influence declines, does this mean we will completely collapse? Not necessarily. After all, many other nations like France or Egypt have had much worse happen to them and yet they still remain.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

These comments are not racist. They are not commenting on qualities of a people. They make a statement about the quality of a consumer good. If you are not in the U.S. I can understand that you might honestly mistake these comments as being against the Chinese, but for those of us who live here (and have increasingly limited access to goods manufactured places other than China) "cheap Chinese" is a fair statement reflecting the cost cutting measures put in place by western (including American) business owners to pressure the cheapest possible product out of China.

We have Christmas decorations that catch fire.
We have fireworks that self explode.
We have mislabeled illegal to sell here led painted children's toys.
We have poison pet food.

The instances of "cheap Chinese" have been numerous. The fault does not belong to the Chinese as a people but to the profit takers of all nations who make the arrangement.

**On topic**
I think it was the wind. It still felt like a gut punch but I think it was the wind. The reaction in the stadium was more concerning than the actual event.
I couldn't tell if people just thought it was funny, like maybe the wind has been crazy all day, or if there was rancor at the U.S. in that English Speaking, laughing crowd.
That's the part that worried me. But, was it tennis? The Brits probably just really wanted to win???

Creepy.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Coincidence...You can see the flag flip, roll over the bar which is holding it. In the beginning the flag is hanging about an inch or so below the bar and then it flips and is flush with the bar. There is then a gust of wind that blows the flag up most likely unhooking it from whatever latches (probably cheap Made In China hooks) are holding it. Maybe a ring of some sort, you can see as the flag reaches a peak and then falls slowly, it is then released from the bar. I doubt they went through all the trouble to put some release mechanism in a little bar on wires just to drop a flag. Flags fly off their post all the time.

Just my two cents

Side Bar: Any kind of info on the closing ceremony? I have seen images of a ferris wheel they are calling "the eye" and other sorts of Illuminati symbols on the interweb. Maybe that's the big show we've all been hoping won't happen...

First time poster, I'll be around /\
-Goose

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There was another video I compared it to, but if you look closely, it did not flip. It looked like it did, but it didn't. It was more of it being folded before it came around.

I am calling this planned. The 2nd link is a closer look of the "clip" as if it was let loose for it to fall out.

I am just surprised that I haven't seen it on the MSM or anywhere else online yet. Well, maybe I shouldn't be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join