It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

ok thats fine but what about the religious freedom to follow ones religion without government interferance? in uk gays can get married in a civil ceremony and have the same rights as straight couples, if love between two people is the real issue here and not a lgbt attempt to subvert and destroy the church's right to follow its own beleif system,
then surely a civil ceremony would be fine.to my mind a lot of posters are just as guilty of intolerance as the christians they accuse of bigotry.
equal rights would include a christian right to beleive what they like,regardless of wether you like it or not.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Could you please clarify the point that you are trying to make so i can understand you better.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Please could you clarify your point so that i can understand you better.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by erictcartman

Totally agree with you on christians having the right to believe in God and having views that reflect truth but it shouldn't give way to christians condemning anyone as we have all sinned. God said he did not send His Son into world to condemn it but that the world through Him might be saved John 3: 17. I dont agree with liars, haughty and many more sins that the bible says is sin knowing that im a sinner myself is very humbling and it means anyone right to judge is nullified and left to the one who is truly holy, good, righteous, faithful, and just. We can only point people to the Lord it is their free will to choose God or not but we should still love.
edit on 8-8-2012 by tellingthetruthfirst because: Didn't finish what i was saying and wanted to be clear on my statement

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Is anyone else here getting sick to death of the word "hate" being pinned on to anyone who does not embrace the LGBT lifestyle with open arms?
I am not a "hater". I don't hate anyone, well..with the exception of pedophiles..that is my limit.
But anyway, hate is such a strong word.
If I am comfortable in my heterosexuality. I don't feel the need to identify myself as such. If someone were to ask me who I am, I would say a Mother. Teacher. Pet-Owner. Bringing my sexuality in to the equation seems very odd to me. That is for private. Yet, if I were to quietly state that homosexual acts are repulsive to me, why does that make me a hater? I don't hate the person doing these acts. The act itself is what is icky to me. Why does that make me wrong? Obviously heterosexual acts are a no-go for homosexuals, so why are they not called haters? Why should I even have to explain to ANYONE what my sexual preferences are? Doesn't that strike anyone as weird??
I don't give a bran flake what consenting adult marries another consenting adult. Love makes the world go round and if two people in love want to express that commitment, well how on earth would that bother me?
I draw the line however, at having to spend every waking moment of my life being inundated with homosexual this, homosexual that, homosexual everything. I don't like heterosexual this that and the other stuffed down my throat at every turn, and I am sick of sexuality being such a huge topic. Doesn't anyone have anything better to do?? Like cure cancer or save starving children??
If someone were to tell me when I was a child that there would be one day when I was an adult that I could not turn on the tv or go out in public or chat with friends without hearing the terms "gay" or "homosexual" or "hate", I would have thought they were crazy.
TPTB have injected this division into our society to keep us all squabbling with one another while we are missing the BIG FREAKING PICTURE. There are things in our life that could take us ALL out that seem a little more pressing right now. Divide and conquer, indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

A general "anti religion" agenda is what this world needs the most, absolute true mental freedom.
No more of this "if you believe.... then your a... if you don't believe what I want your an atheist and therefore a homosexual working for the devil.

The whole idea of religion and choosing which one your with is all a bit medieval if you ask me. And I bet if you ask anyone non religious they'll say the same.

I'm not gay but I fully support equal rights for everyone except those who do not deserve it.
and in my mind a portion of the "religious" among us definitely don't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Yes, when we apply fairness, it mkes you wonder what this is really all about? What is your take on it? What do you believe is really going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

What about free will to have the choice to choose what to believe?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Is anyone else here getting sick to death of the word "hate" being pinned on to anyone who does not embrace the LGBT lifestyle with open arms?
I am not a "hater". I don't hate anyone, well..with the exception of pedophiles..that is my limit.
But anyway, hate is such a strong word.
If I am comfortable in my heterosexuality. I don't feel the need to identify myself as such. If someone were to ask me who I am, I would say a Mother. Teacher. Pet-Owner. Bringing my sexuality in to the equation seems very odd to me. That is for private. Yet, if I were to quietly state that homosexual acts are repulsive to me, why does that make me a hater? I don't hate the person doing these acts. The act itself is what is icky to me. Why does that make me wrong? Obviously heterosexual acts are a no-go for homosexuals, so why are they not called haters? Why should I even have to explain to ANYONE what my sexual preferences are? Doesn't that strike anyone as weird??
I don't give a bran flake what consenting adult marries another consenting adult. Love makes the world go round and if two people in love want to express that commitment, well how on earth would that bother me?
I draw the line however, at having to spend every waking moment of my life being inundated with homosexual this, homosexual that, homosexual everything. I don't like heterosexual this that and the other stuffed down my throat at every turn, and I am sick of sexuality being such a huge topic. Doesn't anyone have anything better to do?? Like cure cancer or save starving children??
If someone were to tell me when I was a child that there would be one day when I was an adult that I could not turn on the tv or go out in public or chat with friends without hearing the terms "gay" or "homosexual" or "hate", I would have thought they were crazy.
TPTB have injected this division into our society to keep us all squabbling with one another while we are missing the BIG FREAKING PICTURE. There are things in our life that could take us ALL out that seem a little more pressing right now. Divide and conquer, indeed.

I understand what you are saying, but gays have been squashed down and in the closet for so long, that they are fighting back now. This means that awareness is being raised, which can be uncomfortable for some. It's similar to the civil rights movement in the 1960's. Believe me,that was in the news every day too; everyone was talking about it and debating it all day long for many years. I'm sure there were whites who had nothing against blacks, that were still sick of it being discussed (black rights this, black rights that, integration, segregation, rioting in the streets, marches, protests, on and on and on).

It DID eventually settle down, though - and this will settle down eventually as well. It may not settle down until the next generation fixes the mistakes the previous generations have made. But your children's children won't be aware that gays had to "get in everyone's face" - unless they read about it in history books.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman

ok thats fine but what about the religious freedom to follow ones religion without government interferance? in uk gays can get married in a civil ceremony and have the same rights as straight couples, if love between two people is the real issue here and not a lgbt attempt to subvert and destroy the church's right to follow its own beleif system,
then surely a civil ceremony would be fine.to my mind a lot of posters are just as guilty of intolerance as the christians they accuse of bigotry.
equal rights would include a christian right to beleive what they like,regardless of wether you like it or not.

Where did I say Christians weren't allowed to believe what they like? I'm genuinely curious as to where I said that.
And about the civil ceremonies and such, why should we have to have them? Why can't we just have marriages like everyone else? Religious folk do not own the word marriage.
edit on 8/8/2012 by Believer101 because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tellingthetruthfirst

Could you please clarify the point that you are trying to make so i can understand you better.

I didn't know you were lonewolf, but okay? My point is that most Christians do cherry pick what they choose to follow when it comes to the bible, but Lonewolf stated you can't. So I was asking him if he follows those scriptures from the bible as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tellingthetruthfirst
reply to post by Wongbeedman

What about free will to have the choice to choose what to believe?

You're allowed to choose what to believe, but when your beliefs start making you infringe on the rights of others, that's when we have a problem. Believe what you want, that's fine, but don't force others to believe in your choices. Don't force others to be discriminated against by treating them like second class citizens because you don't think they should be allowed to marry.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Ok. I'm gay. But I don't follow all the crap that the gay agenda focuses on. Even I agree that alot of it makes me uncomfortable. However, I would like to say this:

There seems to be a prevelant thought amongst the anti-gays that homosexuality can't be normal or natural because if it was then humanity would go extinct. This is crazy...

This list below is just a sample of the animal kingdom that has exhibited homosexual behavior. Around 1500 in all so far. It's obvious that there has and always will be a small minority of homosexuals in the animal kingdom as well as in humans.

IT HAPPENS! It rediculous to think that "if the whole world was gay humans would cease to exist..." It's never gonna be that way and it's a moot point, and a rediculous train of thought...Straight people make gay babies...take a look:

Selected mammals from the full list:
* African Elephant
* Brown Bear
* Brown Rat
* Buffalo
* Caribou
* Cat (domestic)
* Cheetah
* Common Dolphin
* Common Marmose
* Common Raccoon
* Dog (domestic)
* European Bison
* Prea

Selected birds from the full list:
* Chicken (Domestic)
* Common Gull
* Emu
* King Penguin

Fish:
* Amazon molly
* Blackstripe topminnow
* Bluegill Sunfish
* Char
* Grayling
* European Bitterling
* Green swordtail
* Guiana leaffish
* Houting Whitefish
* Jewel Fish
* Least Darter (Microperca punctulata)
* Mouthbreeding Fish
* Salmon
* Southern platyfish
* Ten-spined stickleback
* Three-spined stickleback

Reptiles:
* Anole
* Bearded Dragon
* Broad-headed Skink
* Checkered Whiptail Lizard
* Chihuahuan Spotted Whiptail Lizard
* Common Ameiva
* Common Garter Snake
* Cuban Green Anole
* Desert Grassland Whiptail Lizard
* Desert Tortoise
* Fence Lizard
* Five-lined Skink
* Gopher (Pine) Snake
* Green Anole
* Inagua Curlytail Lizard
* Jamaican Giant Anole
* Laredo Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Largehead Anole
* Mourning Gecko
* Plateau Striped Whiptail Lizard
* Red Diamond Rattlesnake
* Red-tailed Skink
* Side-blotched Lizard
* Speckled Rattlesnake
* Water Moccasin
* Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis)
* Western Banded Gecko
* Whiptail Lizard spp.
* Wood Turtle

Amphibians:
* Appalachian Woodland Salamander
* Black-spotted Frog
* Mountain Dusky Salamander
* Tengger Desert Toad

Insects and other invertebrates:
* Acanthocephalan Worms
* Alfalfa Weevil
* Australian Parasitic Wasp
* Bean weevil
* Bedbug and other Bug
* Blister Beetle
* Blood-flukes (Schistosoma)
* Blowfly
* Box Crab
* Broadwinged Damselfly
* Cabbage (Small) White (Butterfly)
* Checkerspot Butterfly
* Clubtail Dragonfly
* Cockroach
* Common Skimmer Dragonfly
* Creeping Water Bug
* Cutworm
* Digger Bee
* Dragonfly
* Eastern Giant Ichneumon (wasp
* Eucalyptus Longhorned Borer
* Field Cricket
* Flour beetle
* Fruit Fly
* Glasswing Butterfly
* Grape Berry Moth
* Grape Borer
* Green Lacewing
* Harvest Spider
* Hawaiian Orb-Weaver (spider)
* Hen Flea
* House Fly
* Ichneumon wasp sp.
* Incirrate Octopus spp.
* Japanese Scarab Beetle
* Jumping spider
* Larch Bud Moth
* Large Milkweed Bug
* Large White (Pieris brassicae)
* Long-legged Fly
* Mazarine Blue
* Mediterranean Fruit Fly
* Mexican White
* Midge
* Migratory locust
* Mite
* Monarch Butterfly
* Narrow-winged Damselfly
* Parsnip Leaf Miner
* Pomace Fly
* Queen Butterfly
* Red Ant
* Red Flour Beetle
* Reindeer Warble Fly
* Rose Chafer
* Rove Beetle
* Scarab Beetle (Melolonthine)
* Screwworm Fly
* Silkworm Moth
* Sociable Weaver
* Southeastern Blueberry Bee
* Southern Green Stink Bug
* Southern Masked Chafer
* Southern One-Year Canegrub
* Spreadwinged Damselfly
* Spruce Budworm Moth
* Stable Fly
* Stag Beetle
* Tsetse Fly
* Water Boatman Bug
* Water Strider

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They consider those things you mentioned to be the weaker less important part of the bible. People tend to focus in on a few things in the bible they like, and tune the rest out. That's the biggest flaw in bible study and interpretation in my opinion.

They forget that the word of God is very deliberate in nature, and must be taken as a whole. That doesn't mean that everything in the bible must be followed at all times. It means that everything in the bible must be compared and thought about, to understand the true message.

Gods message is everywhere for the seeker and the bible is a poor choice of understanding god from my point of view. God makes sure to reach all spirits who are ready for the next stage and he will not lose anyone for such a smallminded thing as a duality based view of him.

The bible is flawed and it is flawed for a reason from my point ov view. It separates the goats from the sheep. The ones who are following any indoctrination just because they are told and the ones who will seek higher ideals and even stand up to a god when they think he is unfair and question god for his reasons. If you do not question him then you will never get answers. God is foremost of all a teacher but you need to listen to him and not your ego/mind/indoctrination.

You do not have to worry about anything from my point ov view. You can play around here for millions of years with human ego/smallmindedness and indoctination and play the duality/hate game all you like.

To my soulbrothers and soulsisters. Below is an example on the characteristics a true Christian should behave like from my point of view. I am not there yeet but I am evolving there slowly.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

what im trying to get at is, if lets say the catholic church are forced by any government to perform homosexual mariage, this would go against a fundemental tennet of what the priest beleives.
surely you can see how this scenario would be a gross violation of the priest's basic human right to religious freedom?
are lgbt activists demanding the right to get married by the imam at their local mosque?
i dont think so somehow,do you?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

what im trying to get at is, if lets say the catholic church are forced by any government to perform homosexual mariage, this would go against a fundemental tennet of what the priest beleives.
surely you can see how this scenario would be a gross violation of the priest's basic human right to religious freedom?
are lgbt activists demanding the right to get married by the imam at their local mosque?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman

Did I say anything about the government forcing anyone to perform marriages? Nope, so that point is not important. Churches are allowed to choose who and who they don't marry, but when it comes to marriage, it is not legal in the United States until it goes through the government. That's the whole thing we're talking about here. Until the government accepts the marriage, it is not technically legal. Therefore, churches have nothing to do with it.
And isn't it a gross violation of all LGBTQ people's basic human right to freedom from religion to deny them marriage because of the churches belief system?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

1. Jesus IS the Word. He is God, and everything contained is His word. Now, you can choose to accept that or not, but that is the position that a Christian takes.

Ok say I accept this as fact, please show me anywhere that Jesus said homosexuality is a sin, just one example of him saying it will be fine, just one. Don't quote me the old testament, give me one quote where Jesus says it, after all from your quote it says "Jesus IS the word, he is GOD, and everything contained is His word." Oh and by the way, I really hate to question your understanding of Christianity, but do you really believe Jesus is god? Is he not actually meant to be the son of god and not god himself/herself?

Below is the text that give the answer and the true nature of what god is. If you cannot figure it out then you are not meant to understand.

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
um im new here does anyone know why my posts are being printed twice also i cant seem to get the emoticons to work.
any help would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol how you assume i've been indoctrinated

actually its the opposite

the study of the bible is the best school for an atheist.

Love this.

Believers assume if you don't accept the bible or believe in God - - - its because you haven't read it. Wrong.

I was like you. It is through reading - studying - and research I found real truth - - - how completely off and unrealistic the myth is.

What I've found consistent of those who study the cultural history of the time - - - the parts misinterpreted to be about homosexuality - - - are actually about Hospitality. Turning someone away from your door or not making someone welcome in your home - - was one of the biggest sins of all

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believers don't study the bible. They read into and/or memorize what some man tells them it says.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join