It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by pajoly
Anyone who says the "bible" is the word of God is deficient mentally.

And here we get to the crux of the anti-Christian movement. If you believe in God or the Bible you should be considered "insane".

Ironic, that these same people lobbied to have their issue removed from the books as a mental disorder, isn't it? Maybe "hypocritical" would be a better term.

Interesting, too, that some are still pushing the "gay gene" angle, when everyone knows there is no such thing, and all the studies point to environmental and mental factors.

You left out calling us "potential terrorists", as the DHS has done. Civil rights.....for all but Christians.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am editing my sarcastic and hateful post.
This world has too many agendas anyway.
edit on 8-8-2012 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Interesting, too, that some are still pushing the "gay gene" angle, when everyone knows there is no such thing, and all the studies point to environmental and mental factors.

If everyone "knows" please list your sources for where you "FOUND" this knowledge!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFMAN111
given their contribution to defiling the language and tainting the language for this giant game with quite a lot of it around my warped messed up scripted like life... I say kill em all! Like trashing the word gay and defiling the rainbow which turned something awesome like taste the rainbow into a disgusting tainting the image of one of the most beautiful women... i think... its so gross this game i kind of want to die as they just wont stop it man... North america is a giant disgusting continent of vile perverse masonic freakshow and other secret societies of the most vile ..... EVER and my life about certain people and nuclear bombs and such is extremely disturbing. even worse is its like getting away from the stunted being, finding a few minutes of mental silence then it shows up again like an adhd child that should be ejected into space and thrown into the sun as for the most part all it does is make me think the same god damned stupid stuff over and over again like THEY ----------- who your wife is supposed in there you know!!!!!.... I hate the god damned thing. someones gotta know how to end this stupid thing and how to get he hell out of this reality as north america is extremely disgusting place once you notice there IS something out there and it can mess with your mind and actions. its not funny! Given how much homos and old ugly warp paint women got in the path to wreck things when i was like screw this im leaving and was going to go to the other side of the world, id say it one of them or a reallym essed up guy whose been setting up my life in an ause session in waves of getting worse as time goes on. its not funny. but anyways.... get me outtta here!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

As long as Christians allow bigots to represent them, then you will find that other groups of people who disagree will attempt to call all of you bigots.

~Tenth

Couldn't have said it better.

2nd

Only Christ represents Christ. It's impossible to represent Him if you don't have His love. Anyone who says differently is not a Christian.. By definition, christianity can not be hate..

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by WTFMAN111

I think you are in need of some serious therapy!

Does anything you say make sense to anybody else except you yourself?

edit on 8-8-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Solution is simple OP, Clamp down on the elements of your Church that are hateful. You know who they are, they have Children step up to the pulpit to talk about Gays not getting into heaven, they are the ones talking about how Gays should be rounded up and put behind fences...

Oh wait, they don't represent you? Well they seem to say they do. It's all a little confusing but until I see you stand up and put the hate down I'm going to see your lack of action as an endorcement of their behavior.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

most christians want you to repent and be saved.
you may chose not to beleive in god but abbadon beleives in you.
i dont remember who said it but "the greatest trick the adversary pulled was to convince the world he didnt exist".
the question is are you know it all college hippys arrogant enough to think you understand every mystery in this life and the next?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just more proof of Jesus telling the truth about the hypocrits and how they will destroy the church and hate Jesus and those who follow Him.Jesus said "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You left out the part where most studies also point to genes and biology playing a factor. Thus the phrase 'genes create proteins, not preferences.' There isn't a 'I like blue cars' gene but do you choose to like blue cars? What about tennis? Do you choose to like tennis or does it just 'happen' as far as you're concerned? You'd find it difficult to like tennis just by forcing yourself to play no doubt.

The thing I find most odd about these things ... For a country that identifies themselves 70%+ Christian ... there seems to be an awful lot of effort gone to make out that 70% of the population is being persecuted by the other 30% or so.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I have a question for you, then. If you say there is no "gay gene" and it's a choice, when did you wake up and say "I'm going to be attracted to the opposite sex"? When did you choose to be attracted to the opposite sex? Did you choose it or did it just happen?
edit on 8/8/2012 by Believer101 because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have only one problem with most of the people that I have met that practice Christianity, and this seems to be the same everywhere.

Why is it that those who's religion says to "judge not", seem to judge the most?

Can they just practice what they preach?

This is why I think that Christianity is the most hypocritical religion in the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by kimar

Well, he may not have spelled it out, but it's not like he shied away from the conversation of Sodom.

From Chirst:

Matthew 10:15

"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

Matthew 11:23-24

23 "And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. 24 "Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you."

Luke 10:12

12 "I say to you, it will be more tolerable in that day for Sodom than for that city.

Luke 17:26-29

26 "And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29 but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Now, I've been clear, in the past, that the main issue in of Sodom wasn't homosexuality--homosexuality was merely the tool that they used to piss God off, but to state that Christ didn't even mention the stuff is to ignore what actually went on in Sodom, and the fact that Christ consistently used Sodom as a comparative tool--something that the Apostles followed Christ in--explaining in more detail.

Additional

Mt. 19:3 "And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?"

Mt. 19:4 - 5 "He answered, 'Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?' "

Clearly this was about divorce, however from the beginning it was to be mail and female.

Romans 1

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Sadly many Christians fall under that list as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
um okay first of all i want to make it clear i dont hate lgbt but i do think any gay rights apologists using the term persecution is a little hysterical.
ok so the major religions dont want gay rights shoved down their throats
thats a long way from persecution.
get some perspective,also if you are all so happy with your life choices why do you care what anyone else thinks?
could it be that deep down your not happy because you know what you are doing is wrong?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I don't believe belief in of itself should respected. It should depend on the belief. You already agree with this. Our society already agrees with this. If in my religion I hold the belief that God requires a virgin sacrifice every full moon, I would be inprisoned by acting on that belief and you would not fight on my behalf and on the behalf of that belief. Here a less extreme example. If in the same religion I believed God felt Christians should not be allowed to marry other Christians and I acted on that belief you would not rush to my aide supporting my right to belief.

We don't get to cherry pick what we believe. Yahweh said if we want to follow him it's his way or we don't follow him. Christians marrying other christians has nothing to do with this at all, you're trying to throw in examples that do not even fit the topic at hand. I'm not trying to argue you can't be homosexual, i'm saying you're not going to force me to believe what you want me to believe just so it can ease your burden of conscience. People are going to do what they want, you are going to do what you want and i am going to believe what Hayah says is right, but i will not allow anyone to come into my home and my place of worship and tell me to believe something is ok to do something when my God says it is not. Don't dictate to me what i can believe, and i won't dictate what you can do.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman
ok so the major religions dont want gay rights shoved down their throats
thats a long way from persecution.
get some perspective,also if you are all so happy with your life choices why do you care what anyone else thinks?

Why can't we "shove our rights down their throats" when every day we must put up with them shoving their beliefs down our throats? Why can't we just have equal rights?

We care because those people who disagree are saying we are second class citizens. They are denying us the basic rights of marriage and love.

Why do religious people care about what we do so much? To me, they care because they're scared. They're afraid to open their minds to the possibility that other people can love someone of the same sex. They're afraid that the minute they accept it as okay, the world will end. That as soon as they accept another person's lifestyle, that lifestyle will immediately become their own.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I know people who have struggled with their sexuality and many psychological studies give way to explanations of why people believe and act the way they do. This is not a simple topic to discuss and many well informed christians who have experienced and are experienced people's struggle in dealing with sexuality really believe they are working for the best interest of those that want to be straight. What will you want to allow next pedophiles and legalisation of it. Most would say no because it goes against everything they believe to be a moral way of living. maybe they should have rights too. Where will it stop? 30 years ago it was immoral for homosexuality to be even practiced let alone legal and look where the world is now on that topic. The truth is we live in a world of uncertainty, diversity and change coupled with prejudice influenced by social forces, belonging and fitting into groups that we identify and relate morally. Everyone wants everyone to follow their belief and attitude, as individuals we will find ourselves in one of these groups an there will always be an opposition. There always has been opposing groups and this wont change for now anyway. I dont agree with homosexuality like and im free to express that view and my free will to do so and just because i dont agree doesn't mean i hate gays either my best friend is gay. Im experienced in this area and so understand the difficulties. There are many reasons why someone wants to be gay and any generalsations without reviewing the complexities that exist within our world would be quite naive.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
We don't get to cherry pick what we believe. Yahweh said if we want to follow him it's his way or we don't follow him.

If that's true, then I have a few questions for you.
Do you stone children for disobeying you?

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

“If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Have you gouged out your eye for finding someone attractive?

Matthew 5:29

And if your right eye causes you to fall into sin, tear it out and throw it away. It’s better that you lose a part of your body than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

Have you cut off your hand if it makes you sin?

Matthew 5:30

And if your right hand causes you to fall into sin, chop it off and throw it away. It’s better that you lose a part of your body than that your whole body go into hell.

Do you give to those who ask, no matter their request?

Matthew 5:42

Give to those who ask, and don’t refuse those who wish to borrow from you.

I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it at what I have now.

I feel as though this image fits in here pretty well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

The problem is the focus on one particular sin and Paul outlines the other sins that go along with this and this includes all sex sins nand there are further lists that seem to be ignored why is it not mentioned because it is something that they have struggled with themselves so only point out what they dont struggle with such as homosexuality Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God 1 Corithians 9 verses 9-10.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

ok thats fine but what about the religious freedom to follow ones religion without government interferance? in uk gays can get married in a civil ceremony and have the same rights as straight couples, if love between two people is the real issue here and not a lgbt attempt to subvert and destroy the church's right to follow its own beleif system,
then surely a civil ceremony would be fine.to my mind a lot of posters are just as guilty of intolerance as the christians they accuse of bigotry.
equal rights would include a christian right to beleive what they like,regardless of wether you like it or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join