It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tellingthetruthfirst

Actually it is quite the opposite you are forcing christians to redefine a meaning of a word to suit yourself its like calling a black person no longer black or redefining it to incorporate different colours so black ceases to be black. We dont want gay marriage in our churches you are enforcing your beliefs on what we believe actually, if you dont agree dont bring it into our churches, I dont go to gay joints and try to enforce christianity or heterosexuality. This attitude keeps forcing people to change what they believe, I am a christian and while i dont agree with that lifetstyle, i dont go out and persecute, setup, try and get people sacked to get what i want. Please dont generalize christians and tarnish them with the same brush, If someone chooses to be gay that is their choice but is our choice,belief and right to worship in our holy places without discrimination, violence, threatening, or bully type behaviour. Marriage has always been a marriage between a man and a woman. Children have always been produced thorugh a man and a woman making a child and there is no other way of producing a child - FACT. I dont want it in God's house, as like every other sin it is discouraged and not acceptable to God whatever that is. God loves all mankind and wants us all to come to repentence and i like others no what that means, admitting we have sinned and ask for forgiveness. I have seen people come to Christ who have overcome homosexuality and some that still struggle but they are relying on God to give them the strength to be holy and blameless before Him. If marriage is polluted in this way it will bring the wrath of God closer. Repentence is now choose God because these people who pass these laws dont care about your soul and where it will go Jesus does and so do i. We do love people and care very deeply. A parent does not let a child do whatever he/she likes but shows them the right way because it will lead to well-being in life and so Jesus is the same He hs set out the plan for our lives so that at the end we will live in eternal happiness with Him and not in Hell.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So it's all up for interpretation then, and your version is the only correct version? Just seeing if I'm getting this right. You can say that the Bible means whatever you want, just because some other people who follow it agree with you. You can ignore entire portions of the book because someone determined what Jesus meant.

Nice to know that people like you are voting.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Nobody is trying to force churches to marry gay people. Churches can reject whoever they want, gay or not. I've had relatives rejected by a church because they weren't considered faithful enough. The point is that they were still able to seek a LEGAL marriage under the law. Gay people can't do that, and you seem to be actively trying to stop them. Churches are literally making up things to fear about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

ok i really dont have a problem with lgbt getting married in a civil ceremony but i dont think a religion should be told by anyone that they have to marry lbgt couples if it goes against church cannon. isnt religious freedom part of u.s. constitution?
ive enjoy'd this conversation but its going round in circles now.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So you dont eat shellfish and never work on the sabath?

Why do the foosl that call themselves christians say that the OLD testament has no meaning to them because of all the murder and hate in it.. then go on to say that gays cant get married.

How many witches have you burned? You cant take the same book as all these other idiotic rules and then cherry pick which applies to you as a christians and which ONLY applies to jews or muslims.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't think people are "anti-Christian" but rather "Anti-religion"

Maybe some, but I have noticed that some others seem to be ok with Sharia Law.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman

ok i really dont have a problem with lgbt getting married in a civil ceremony but i dont think a religion should be told by anyone that they have to marry lbgt couples if it goes against church cannon. isnt religious freedom part of u.s. constitution?

Did you know that a lot of churches still won't marry interracial couples? Same idea. Churches aren't required to marry anyone, even if gay marriage gets approved. The point is that gay marriage should be able to be acquired legally.

Also, there are churches that are completely OK with gay marriage. For people to vote against it, they are infringing their right to practice their religion!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

So it's all up for interpretation then, and your version is the only correct version? Just seeing if I'm getting this right. You can say that the Bible means whatever you want, just because some other people who follow it agree with you. You can ignore entire portions of the book because someone determined what Jesus meant.

Nice to know that people like you are voting.

We're not ignoring anything. We do not determine what the bible means, the Holy Spirit of God determines for us what it means and we listen to him. What is in that book is not meant for unbelievers, because you wouldn't follow it anyway. For those seeking to follow Yah, it is to them it was meant for. You can do whatever you want, but you're not going to force me to condone what you do because i will not do it, neither will you dictate to me what i can and cannot believe. You will go your way, and i will go mine.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
We're not ignoring anything. We do not determine what the bible means, the Holy Spirit of God determines for us what it means and we listen to him. What is in that book is not meant for unbelievers, because you wouldn't follow it anyway. For those seeking to follow Yah, it is to them it was meant for. You can do whatever you want, but you're not going to force me to condone what you do because i will not do it, neither will you dictate to me what i can and cannot believe. You will go your way, and i will go mine.

The Holy Spirit... so it's how you personally feel about it? What about the churches who feel completely fine with gay people and interpret the book differently? Are they just wrong?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I think you clearly understand enought from me and your question shows that if you are not already understanding everything I mean then you will. I think your mind will be the best teacher for you since I am not advanced enought to really do anything but give hints. I am just playing around with duality and nonduality for a while longer and I am frankly having a lot of fun. Is it not up to you to find out what the purpose of everything is?
reply to post by apushforenlightment

1: (Deuteronomy 29:29) The secret [things belong] to the LORD our God, but those [things which are] revealed [belong] to us and to our children forever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.

2: (Jeremiah 17:9) "The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

It is up to be to be open to the things that I need to know. I will not know the purpose of everything. That which is allowed, I am free to know if I incline my ear. The problem is if my heart is as deceitful as above quote states, how can I trust my own reasoning and judgement? I can't.
I need to be 'Born again'.
People are free to do as they wish, but sowing and reaping is a natural law. GOD doesn't seek or even need our approval of Him to be GOD.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Historically , we all know homosexuality has been around for along time so its not new is it. The point is, if i don't agree with marriage in my church that is my choice. You are missing the point if you legalise something then to object against it will be breaking the law, now here is the scenario, i want to get married in church, its now legal and the minister says he wont marry, i take him to court for discrimination and WIN. I want to stay in a christian hotel already knowing what the hoteliers believe, they wont let me stay so I take them to court and WIN. Do you see where this will go. You may not think that will happen but there are others who do want this to happen. You know a disaster is coming so you try and find ways of stopping that disaster from coming this is what is planned. Why? there is an AGENDA to create division to destroy christianity to make way for the false prophet who will dominate what you believe to believe what they want you to believe. Who is there target the whole of mankind WHY? mass control WHAT IS THE DISTRACTION? Agenda's like this WHY? to wipeout all believe into a system of one belief and if you dont believe it you will be killed WHO WILL BE KILLED? anyone who stands in the way of the ultimate goal and that includes everyone. He will seek to change time and laws. He understand dark sentences, the man of lawlessness, those who support him by promoting the legalisaton of sin will be subject to him and be aganist moral law that were laid in the foundations so that we could know God. WHO WILL THEY BE, THOSE THAT HATE GOD, CHRISTIANS,THE TRUTH, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND THE LAW OF GOD. What forms will they come SATANISIM, FREEMASONRY - THE HIGH DEGREE OF MASONS, AND ANYONE WHO HAS PLEDGED THEIR ALLEGIANCE TO THE DEVIL. Time to wake up the devil has got you on his side and deceiving you so you are robbed of the salvation that God prepared for you.
edit on 8-8-2012 by tellingthetruthfirst because: typing errors

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I could say the exact same thing about those who use verses from the Bible to discriminate against Homosexuality. It's all up for interpretation. What makes your interpretation of what I posted more right than my interpretation?

Also to add, if it's about what was before the specific verse, what about those that use only one or two verses against homosexuality without reading what was before it? Doesn't that make them wrong?
edit on 8/8/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The Amish have their own laws.
Jewish sects have their own laws.

When did any of them ever affect you?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

i am anti-religion...i don't blame the devil or evil for my actions, i take personal responsibility for them. i have more compassion than god... if you do not believe in "me", i will not put you in hell for all eternity, if you have an adultrous affair, i will not stone you to death. if you do a noble and just "good", i will not have you wait till death to recieve an award.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman

Okay, I'll ask you this again: Where have I stated that churches and religious folk are being forced to marry homosexuals? The only one I see going in circles is you, as well as you aren't answering my questions but avoiding them completely.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
There is an active agenda, (Anderson Cooper off CNN being the main activist) to define Christianity as Hate speech and actually legislate the pulpit in America. Anderson is spending big money to march covert filming crews into churches across America an take film of any sermons about the biblical view of homosexuality as sin. He has gone to the airwaves asking people to act as volunteers to go into churches and send video of any preacher that dares to preach Jesus's point of view on marriage as being between one man and one woman. The attack on Chik Fil-A is a proxy attack on Jesus and the church as well.. The anti-Christian (anti- Christ) spirit of thinking is that "Nobody can tell me I'm wrong.." so I Christ must be wrong... so the church is being attacked. Look.. God is love. He doesn't hate anyone. Though my belief is that homosexuality in sinful, so are a lot of things. We as Christians can't force anyone to believe as we do, and Jesus never did that either. He just stands at the door and knocks.. All have the option to believe as they will... My belief doesn't hinder any one else's. The whole marriage rights debacle is SO SIMPLE to solve!!! Most people aer just asking the wrong question..

LEGAL rights will NEVER line up with God's will. Christians shouldn't try to pretend that they ever will... homosexuals can't tell Christians how to interpret the Bible, and Christians can't force homosexuals to believe the Bible either.. People have their own choice.

God doesn't have to get a vote from anyone to tell him what His preferences should be.. He is not waiting for "likes" on facebook.. You are either with Him or against him... But we as Chrsitians dont Hate anyone. How can we HATE what our MASTER came to forgive and lay down his life for? It would be sacrilege (I think I spelled that right..) Jesus died for the very sins of man.. I am just as guilty of that sacrifice as anyone I could ever accuse. I have made so many mistakes (as we all have) that I can't point the finger at anyone. I dont hate any one of my beautiful brothers and sisters , of any belief system. I want to display the love of Christ and use that to compel others to accept Him. But if they don't, I still Love them.. Please do not try to define Christ as hate. Its not true. He died for us.. If you don't agree with him lets at least have respect for His sacrifice..

BTW.. I am not GOP or DEM, and don't have a choice for Pres yet...
edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

In Reference to your remark about Jesus and his view of Marriage,, maybe you have never read this part, I quote from Wiki on this quoting Jesus:

In the Gospel of Matthew 19:3-12 Jesus condemns divorce (though an exception is given in cases of adultery), quoting Genesis 1:27 and 2:24, and explains himself with these words: Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The ones who can accept this should accept it. (NIV)

When I was young, and Christian, I remember finding comfort in this , knowing that Jesus himself said that some of us are BORN THIS WAY. Just substitute Eunuch with Homosexual,, they are the same regard less of what some say. Not all were castrated!! Even today,, it would be rare for a straight man to worry about his wife hanging with her gay friend.
Eunuchs lost testicles,, not their Penis,, so if you think that they didn't still,, or could not still have sex,, your wrong.

anyway,, my point is, Jesus himself,, NEVER said anything about HOMOSEXUALS,, but he did know they were around,, and said very clearly here how he believed.

also,, so you know that in the past Church leaders thought differently,, you have

Aelred of Rievaulx, in his work Spiritual Friendship, referred to the relationship of Jesus and John as a "marriage" and held it out as an example sanctioning friendships between clerics.[6]

I think it is modern day Christianity that has it wrong,, not your "MASTER" Jesus. To me his silence on the subject,, and what he really said quoted above are VERY CLEAR.

For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The ones who can accept this should accept it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I have something for you, and everyone else in this thread going on about the Bible and hell and eternal damnation. Especially since this is a thread about homosexual persecution.

There is no reason for an omniscient being to create a place like hell, except that not only did he know exactly who would take each seat as he made it, but he went ahead and designed us that way anyway, knowing exactly what we would choose and which fate we would face. And not a single adjustment was made that day, either to spare us, to fix us, to perfect us...nothing.

So really, we were MEANT to go to hell. That's what logic tells me. Our destiny, wherever we end up, heaven or hell, is fulfilled. So why choose? Because if our path is preordained, if your "god", who is so real and so powerful supposedly, knows exactly what's going to happen to us before our grandparents were a gleam in his eye, then that's how it was meant to be.

No matter what I do, I am designed a certain way, which will bring about a certain fate, which is exactly what your "god" foresaw before I was even born...and still allowed to happen. Because that's what he wants. There is no reason to be omniscient, create a faulty race of servants, and then prepare a burning pit specifically for them, unless he knew what would happen, could see it happening in his mind's eye, and WANTED it to happen. Had accepted it, was willing to work with it, and was preparing for the event. Assuming that hell actually exists as described in the Bible, every person who has ever gone to hell, or ever will go to hell, was sent there by your god because he WANTED them to be there. Before you are born, your destiny is chosen. There is absolutely no way to be omniscient and omnipotent, the creator of the entire universe, and NOT have everyone's destiny squared away.

Don't bother choosing, because if all this is true and accurate, then your choice doesn't matter. Follow your life as you will, because your fate is chosen. Your path is planned. You were designed FOR that path...the path wasn't designed for you. And no matter what happens, you will reach the end of that path. Because he wants you to.

Does this make sense to everyone? Don't bother trying, don't bother fighting, don't bother worrying or fussing or choosing. It's all preordained, according to Christianity's omniscient, all-powerful deity. Our place in the universe is etched in stone. You don't get to choose...it's already chosen, written, signed, and in progress. Don't bother fretting, because your ride has already departed, and the next time you get off, you'll be there. And then, you'll know the truth.

So see, working by this logic, everyone who is gay was damned from the start. "God" WANTS them to burn. And if an all-powerful, all-knowing entity has you in his bad books, there's really no point to fighting, right?

Have fun while you can, no matter what unreasonable zealous spiritual code you break, because when your ride comes to its last stop, your party is over...and his begins. And since we're talking about religion, you might as well say that his parties are a HELL of a time.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

There really is NO debate about whether the Bible identifies homosexuality as sin. It clearly does. The reason I started this thread is to say that if someone believes differently than what the Bible says, it doesn't mean Christians HATE them.. Exactly the oppposite.. It's not fair to say Christians are intolerant... You are either like Christ or not.. so by that definition, to be a Christian TRULY is to be intolerant.. You either believe the Bible or don't.. It doesn't make me a hater to believe something is sinful... especially since I commit sin too... Thats the point. We won't all agree, but I still love you, the LOVE I have is what defines my Christiandom. What the Bible says is sin is just what I will work not to do, and be held accountable for, according to my faith . Not everyone has my faith, but thats between them and God.. I don't hate them because of that... I am not looking to argue doctrine... we all know where that stands, but conversely, gays should not attempt (like Anderson Cooper did) to tell Christians how they should preach in their own churches... Homosexual marriage is the hot topic of the day, but this attitude of "forced tolerance " - an oximoron at best is dangerous to our very fiber as a nation... Parents and Pastors should not have to teach their kids that the Bible is wrong because some legislative body says it is... And CNN shouldn't be telling the public the Bible is wrong because the anchor is gay and disagrees.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

1)You claim this agenda is fact. Prove it.

2)Christianity deoes a damn good job of defining itself as hate. No one needs an agenda to help.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

Originally posted by sensible1
There is an active agenda, (Anderson Cooper off CNN being the main activist) to define Christianity as Hate speech and actually legislate the pulpit in America. Anderson is spending big money to march covert filming crews into churches across America an take film of any sermons about the biblical view of homosexuality as sin. He has gone to the airwaves asking people to act as volunteers to go into churches and send video of any preacher that dares to preach Jesus's point of view on marriage as being between one man and one woman. The attack on Chik Fil-A is a proxy attack on Jesus and the church as well.. The anti-Christian (anti- Christ) spirit of thinking is that "Nobody can tell me I'm wrong.." so I Christ must be wrong... so the church is being attacked. Look.. God is love. He doesn't hate anyone. Though my belief is that homosexuality in sinful, so are a lot of things. We as Christians can't force anyone to believe as we do, and Jesus never did that either. He just stands at the door and knocks.. All have the option to believe as they will... My belief doesn't hinder any one else's. The whole marriage rights debacle is SO SIMPLE to solve!!! Most people aer just asking the wrong question..

Whoa whoa whoa!!!!! The word "eunoch" doesn't mean gay.... It means that your penis has been cut off because you are the guardian of the kings harem. "Born that way" is because some eunochs are assigned from birth...A eunoch also has NO sex, and NO DESIRE FOR SEX...

LEGAL rights will NEVER line up with God's will. Christians shouldn't try to pretend that they ever will... homosexuals can't tell Christians how to interpret the Bible, and Christians can't force homosexuals to believe the Bible either.. People have their own choice.

God doesn't have to get a vote from anyone to tell him what His preferences should be.. He is not waiting for "likes" on facebook.. You are either with Him or against him... But we as Chrsitians dont Hate anyone. How can we HATE what our MASTER came to forgive and lay down his life for? It would be sacrilege (I think I spelled that right..) Jesus died for the very sins of man.. I am just as guilty of that sacrifice as anyone I could ever accuse. I have made so many mistakes (as we all have) that I can't point the finger at anyone. I dont hate any one of my beautiful brothers and sisters , of any belief system. I want to display the love of Christ and use that to compel others to accept Him. But if they don't, I still Love them.. Please do not try to define Christ as hate. Its not true. He died for us.. If you don't agree with him lets at least have respect for His sacrifice..

BTW.. I am not GOP or DEM, and don't have a choice for Pres yet...
edit on 7-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

In Reference to your remark about Jesus and his view of Marriage,, maybe you have never read this part, I quote from Wiki on this quoting Jesus:

In the Gospel of Matthew 19:3-12 Jesus condemns divorce (though an exception is given in cases of adultery), quoting Genesis 1:27 and 2:24, and explains himself with these words: Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The ones who can accept this should accept it. (NIV)

When I was young, and Christian, I remember finding comfort in this , knowing that Jesus himself said that some of us are BORN THIS WAY. Just substitute Eunuch with Homosexual,, they are the same regard less of what some say. Not all were castrated!! Even today,, it would be rare for a straight man to worry about his wife hanging with her gay friend.
Eunuchs lost testicles,, not their Penis,, so if you think that they didn't still,, or could not still have sex,, your wrong.

anyway,, my point is, Jesus himself,, NEVER said anything about HOMOSEXUALS,, but he did know they were around,, and said very clearly here how he believed.

also,, so you know that in the past Church leaders thought differently,, you have

Aelred of Rievaulx, in his work Spiritual Friendship, referred to the relationship of Jesus and John as a "marriage" and held it out as an example sanctioning friendships between clerics.[6]

I think it is modern day Christianity that has it wrong,, not your "MASTER" Jesus. To me his silence on the subject,, and what he really said quoted above are VERY CLEAR.

For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The ones who can accept this
edit on 8-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join