It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Christianity as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirkpotters
I don't understand how you can talk about the word "sin", let alone pick which sins you like or don't like.

I can pick or choose by the very same reason you apparently recently chose Christianity over Atheism. It's not hard to understand. I used my mind and my heart.

The word "sin" by definition is a violation of divine law....not man's law. Why would an atheist even use such a word?

Simple.

Christians very often use the English words 'Judgement" "Love" "Hate" out of the scope of the English definitions. As such, I take zero issue with using the term 'sin' out of the scope of biblical definition. You do it, I do it. Seems perfectly fair to me.

*again I am not an atheist*

As I mentioned in a reply to the OP, this country will be destroyed.

By the gays?

we won't really need to care about homosexual marriage. Fine, if it is going to legalized, that is great.

Great we are in agreement! Of course I know you didn't really mean that.

It will still always be a sin. Not any better, nor any worse than any other sin...but still a sin.

Homosexuality is just as worse as murder eh? Fortunately I don't believe that. That's a really bad moral understanding. Fortunately I don't believe it's a sin at all.

It's just that most murderers don't ask equal rights.

I have yet to see an adulterer organization asking for equal rights.

I do see organizations like NAMBLA asking for equal rights to be pedophiles

I don't see thieves demanding equal rights based on their thievery.

NON SEQUITUR! The conclusion does not follow! That has nothing to do with gay rights.

With each one of those issues our society as a whole should analyze its merit and decide if theire is just reason to support it. Each one. Individually.

So many people don't even understand what it means to be judgmental.

Like you.

Calling something a sin is not being judgmental.

The implications of that belief is judgement based on the English definition of the word. You have to redefine it in biblical terms to make that statement true.

I have been an adulterer.

Not me. My moral code was strong enough to prevent that despite not having faith in Christianity.

Am I glad that I have done those things? No. I am a sinner, and I deserve hell. We are all sinners.

I am truly sorry you believe that.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

If Christians stop preaching intolerance and hatred, if they stop trying to force their will and their laws onto the rest of society, then fine, go about your business.

The FACT is, there are many, many Christians out there who use their faith as an excuse to attack others, and there are many Christian organizations who consistently interfere in the legal rights of the entire population.

It's hate speech when it's an Islamic Fundamentalist screaming, but when it's a Christian it's perfectly fine? No, the people have pretty much had enough of any religion dictating policy and influencing law to suit their personal mandate to force everyone else into their religion.

Oh, and a guy doing this does not make a "Homosexual Agenda", that kind of title just shows your real intent - yet more religious BS designed to pour scorn on others because you personally disagree with the way they want to live their lives.

And believe me, when a real "Homosexual Agenda" to discredit Christianity (or any other organized religion responsible for systematically attacking the rights of gay people) arises, I will be one of the first to sign up.

If people have the right to preach hatred in their "churches", others have the right to expose it. Quit picking and choosing who has rights here.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

I think the fiasco with Chick-fil-a is the latest in a long line of an egotistical business making waves in the media to push their ideals. No one is trying to hate Christians, we hate Chick-fil-a's smart mouth, and there lack of respect for others. I love their answers to questions.

Media: "How was business today?"

Chick fil-a: "this is certainly a record for us!"

Hint: they never said they had a record breaking good day for business.

Why does a business have what they are pushing as a national holiday? Sounds like a Bush idea to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have rarely met any Christians to be honest, maybe 1 or 2 over the years, but very limited in number, I have however met a lot of people who claim to be Christians which is surely not the same thing. Why is it when people quote scripture they never point out the 3 most important things within the bible?

I mean does it not state in the bible as a message from god "let nothing I have created be called evil"?
Does Jesus not say "let ye without sin cast the first stone"?
Is it not the ideal of Christians to "Turn the other cheek"?

And yet how many Christians follow that doctrine?

Jesus never once stated or endorsed hatred, in fact the only thing that got him really angry was the money lenders, guess we all have a bit of Jesus in us in that respect. Jesus never stated anything against homosexuality, in fact I cannot remember any quote attributed to Jesus where he stated sex of any form was a sin, in all my readings of the new testament, specially of the 4 gospels (limited readings I know) the only impression I got was to be kind and respectful to EVERYONE, I saw nothing judgemental in him, he did not preach any form of anger or hate, he preached tolerance and love. Live and let live.

The problem with humanity is ego, we all think we know better, or we know the right path, we have the "answer" and what is worse, they are not even our own answers, just a rehash of what we were told to believe. The old testament and new testament are completely at odds with other anyway, the old testament spews out hate and spite, the teachings of Christ love and forgiveness and any sane person reading them would note that the two seem mutually exclusive to each other. Christ has more in common with Buddha and Gandhi than he does with the old testament.

Anyway I am a straight as they come, but hey any gay people want a friend come and give me a hug, I will judge you as a person not on what a 2000 year old work of Chinese whispers says

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They consider those things you mentioned to be the weaker less important part of the bible. People tend to focus in on a few things in the bible they like, and tune the rest out. That's the biggest flaw in bible study and interpretation in my opinion.

They forget that the word of God is very deliberate in nature, and must be taken as a whole. That doesn't mean that everything in the bible must be followed at all times. It means that everything in the bible must be compared and thought about, to understand the true message.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

They consider those things you mentioned to be the weaker less important part of the bible. People tend to focus in on a few things in the bible they like, and tune the rest out. That's the biggest flaw in bible study and interpretation in my opinion.

The most interesting thing is their fixation on the one line alluding to Homosexuality, while conveniently ignoring the statements about stoning women, not wearing clothes woven from two cloths, taking slaves from neighbouring nations...

I love how all of that is conveniently ignored, but the one line about Homosexuals has become a crusade.

That exposes the true cause of all of this - hatred and bigotry.

If an American Christian wants to claim that their hateful views regarding Homosexuality are not based in intolerance, ignorance and homophobia, they'd better have a full beard, long hair, be wearing sack cloth clothes and have a Canadian or South American slave for a wife.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

If an American Christian wants to claim that their hateful views regarding Homosexuality are not based in intolerance, ignorance and homophobia, they'd better have a full beard, long hair, be wearing sack cloth clothes and have a Canadian or South American slave for a wife.

YOU GIMP........

Do you realise I nearly choked on my cup of tea
made me laugh really
damn I need to go and change my shirt, spilt it everywhere
you git

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
“People have a right to believe what they want to believe. Whether anyone likes it or not.
Freedom, it's a beautiful thing.”
Beezzer
You are confusing a right with what is right. You have the right (freedom of speech) to proclaim that you love Hitler, but that does not mean that it is the right thing to do. It is interesting that they are accusing the media of attacking their rights because the media gives their views airtime!
Actually, the title of this thread is inaccurate. It should be titled, “Define the cult of the anti-Christ as Hate - The New Homosexual Agenda”. The Christ of the fundamentalists (judgmental, full of hate) is the opposite of Christ and his message.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

What worries me the most is that those same new-age bible thumping fascists are trying to claim homosexuals have no right to boycott Chick-fil-a. They are staining their own ideals both religiously and politically. I'm not sure why they can't see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You are right. I overstated it when I said "always". A correction would be "During the times I thought I was Christian (and I was a false Christian before...believing it but not living it) I would not argue with atheists. Had I known that you were looking to debate, nit-pick, and argue with me, I would checked my grammar, spelling, and content with more care.

Why Christianity? As you saw me explain in previous reply, much of Christianity is indeed false Christianity. There is one distinct difference between real Christianity as compared to all other Christianity and all other religions. All other religions (at least those I have read and studied) teach that it is what you do or what you don't do that gets you to heaven, nirvana, enlightenment, etc. Jesus and Paul teach that it is faith, a gift from the Holy Spirit, that creates a strong desire to love God, do His will, and follow His laws. There is a distinct difference between trying to refrain from sin with the help of the Holy Spirit and continuing to sin for the pleasure of the sin.

No. It is not true that I do not tolerate disagreement. I have seen enough of the atheist vs. theist threads in 30 years (I joined CompuServe in 1982 at a whopping 1200 baud) to see how fast they turn into ad hominem attacks. Also, it is impossible to explain spiritual things (or as Ayn Rand calls them "mystic") to someone that only accepts empirical facts. And most Christians that come here to try and evangelize atheists are extremely unarmed, most don't even know their Bibles well enough, and many don't understand the fundamentals of logic. An example is the idiocy of using the Bible to prove the Bible.

I really don't need your suggestions or advice of where or what I should invest my energy on. My first reply was to the OP of this thread. I provided him encouragement as I saw so many people reverting to lame attacks. I did not go through each reply in the thread and make a comment on each one of them. I have no delusions of self importance, nor am I engaged in an attempt to prove I am smarter or wiser than you or anyone else...though when prompted I can be very vocal. I did not search all the previous threads to see what YOU said in other replies or other threads. Do YOU really think I should have? You made it clear you do not believe in a Christian God in a reply to my comment to the OP. Perhaps I sounded like I was assuming you were an atheist...if so, I apologize. But I would not be wrong based on all that you have said to me, that you are anti-Christian spewing very similar things as atheists and new-agers. The fact that you generalize all Christianity shows your innate anti-Christian sentiments. If that is your beliefs then fine. I certainly don't feel that you are being judgmental of me. And even if you are judging me, that's OK with me. I am not so thin skinned, and I don't take things personally.

As for the nonsense you espouse regarding being judgmental. The Bible is very clear and there are two verses that need to be taken into consideration. "Judge not let ye be judged" and "Hate the sin, but love the sinner".
I explained this I think in my last reply in a much different way and not directly. Perhaps you had not seen that yet. But when comes to judgment there is a difference. It is a clear difference...and the difference is grammatical: "a sin" and "a sinner" are two different things.

I am not so stupid that I don't understand the agenda of a majority of the world. Those that believe there are no absolutes, everything is relative, the philosophy of positivism that states that nothing is knowable unless there is empirical reasoning (which as a "philosophy" negates itself)...and therefore the only moral judgment is that which is allowed by government...so we can change morality by changing the law (something the theocracy people believe also but not for the same reason) and anything else is judgmental. WOW One could write volumes on that concept.

So what you are saying by: "To us non-believers people are Christians when they say they are and preach from a Christian bible."...that everyone that claims to be Christian is telling the truth and they are speaking for all of Christianity? Do you have a propensity for generalizations?
There are over 30,000 different sects of Christianity. I think I talked a little about Bible interpretation in a previous reply. Some sects add things to the Bible. Some sects delete things from the Bible. Some don't even use the Bible as their primary doctrine of faith. Some claim to get new revelations. Some even have written new books and set them to be as important in their faith as the Bible.

The rest of your comments I did not respond to, they are your amusements and games...not mine...and deserve no further response.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Having scanned the first page, I am not even going to read all of the comments. I am simply going to post.

First off, S&F for being tough enough to take the heat on this very real issue.

Yes, it IS a real issue, and case after case after case can be read about online where basic freedom OF religion is denied to Christians. Happens all the time. yes, there are laws n some countries (like Canada) that make it illegal to preach the Bible, when it comes to homosexuality.

Bigotry? Depends on the definition, and who you apply the term to. No, Christians that believe what the Bible says about homosexuality are NOT bigots. Homosexual tendencies do not make someone part of a "minority group". There isn't some "gay race". It's a behavior. It isn't a religion, either. The attitude of many towards Christians, though, that could be called bigoted. Hate.....interesting choice of words.

Let's take the recent viral video of the gay marriage supporter verbally attacking the Chick-Fil-A worker. he acted horribly, and the Christian worker acted gracefully, with courtesy and caring. That is a prime (and typical) example of the real truth. I have heard about (some from pastors I know personally) cases of gays defacing church property, disrupting services, and being quite hateful. Never seen that from any Christian group. no, that Westboro bunch doesn't count. They are NOT Christian (or Baptist), and are nothing but a kooky single-family cult.

It isn't hateful to state that marriage should be between a man and a woman, either. There is no right to marriage. There are, and have always been, many restrictions on who can marry whom. Plus, t is a FACT that polygamists are using the same arguments to defend what they do as the gays have been using. Something pro-gay-marriage groups claimed would "never happen", but that they stated among themselves was the intended goal. To destroy marriage. Yes, now you can call me a "hateful Christian", too. Having moral values, these days, is seen as "wrong".

As for what Jesus said, the Bible is filled with statements that homosexuality is a sin (among many). The entire Bible is the Word of God. To make this clearer, get a Bible (or look online), and read John 1. Jesus IS the Word. He is God, and everything contained is His word. Now, you can choose to accept that or not, but that is the position that a Christian takes. No, we don't hate people that are homosexual. I have had friends (distant now, due to geographical distances) that are. You don't have to approve of everything a person does to be a friend, and not approving of something you see as harmful isn't an act of hate, but of caring.

It would be nice if the liberals would actually support freedom for all, not just those that agree with their point of view.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

1. Jesus IS the Word. He is God, and everything contained is His word. Now, you can choose to accept that or not, but that is the position that a Christian takes.

Ok say I accept this as fact, please show me anywhere that Jesus said homosexuality is a sin, just one example of him saying it will be fine, just one. Don't quote me the old testament, give me one quote where Jesus says it, after all from your quote it says "Jesus IS the word, he is GOD, and everything contained is His word." Oh and by the way, I really hate to question your understanding of Christianity, but do you really believe Jesus is god? Is he not actually meant to be the son of god and not god himself/herself?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
“Yes, it IS a real issue, and case after case after case can be read about online where basic freedom OF religion is denied to Christians. Happens all the time. yes, there are laws n some countries (like Canada) that make it illegal to preach the Bible, when it comes to homosexuality.”
LadyGreenEyes
I honestly do not know about Canada, but here in the US your point has no validity.

“It would be nice if the liberals would actually support freedom for all, not just those that agree with their point of view.”
LadyGreenEyes
And how is voicing your opinion an infringement on your opponents rights? Ironically using your “logic” fundamentalist pastors that condemn homosexuality are practicing hate speech, that denies freedom to their opposition! I say they have the right to spout any nonsense they want. However, their opponents have the right to show that fundamentalists are actually followers of the anti-Christ, in that their Christ is the opposite of Christ and his message.

edit on 8-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

Originally posted by jtap66
I read this twice, hoping that it was satire.

Apparently it isn't.

But it should be.

Unfortunately it is very true indeed. There are PACS that have formed here (and many in the UK) to outlaw Christian beliefs as hate speech. Many of the sermons in the US would be outlawed in the UK as we speak..

Can you give some examples? Could you also give examples of any part of the new testament where Christ mentions homosexuality?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Who cares.

If it wasn't the gays, it would (could) be minorities. Or, women. Or, the poor. Or... [insert any one of many other groups that are belittled/surpressed - supposedly by the 'word of god' - by this ridiculous collection of uneducated misfits]

Christianity is the biggest FAKE 'love everyone' collection of bvllsh:t I've ever seen in my life.

At least someone is addressing the hypocrisy of that ridiculous cult after all this time.

Good for them.

[sorry, I realize I'm not even on point - this just struck a chord, this morning]

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by kimar
Please let me know when Jesus Christ, the central figure in CHRISTianity, said being gay is a sin. I could point out where Jesus teaches us to love everybody no matter what, to forgive others, and never to judge others, but I have a feeling you won't care.

If you truly follow Jesus, two men marrying each other would not bother you at all.
edit on 7-8-2012 by kimar because: (no reason given)

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Yes it's in the bible.
edit on 8-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Welp--looks like heaven's gonna be really empty.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Tell the majority of Christians to stop acting like they hate gay people and trying to limit their civil rights if you do not want to be referred to as a hate group.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Christians should act more like Jesus and less like the Pharisees. Jesus would scorn these modern day Christian bigots as he did the money changers and people judging the adulterous woman.

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
+
2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They said unto him, Teacher, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what say you? 6This they said, testing him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted himself up, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they who heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing before him.

10When Jesus had lifted himself up, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those your accusers? has no man condemned you?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more

kj2000.scripturetext.com...
edit on 8-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

We aren't perfect. Dont know why you think we are. Only God is perfect. When your kid does something bad, you don't hate your kid's guts and want him/her to die, you want him/her to change/stop what they are doing that isn't right.

So, um, stop hating on Christianity. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about because you're blinded by ignorance and hate.
edit on 8-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

That analogy wouldn't be apt because single mothers aren't denied access to being married, are they?

Now, that's an interesting point. Is this issue about same sex marriage or homosexuality as a whole?

People opposed to the Old Testament quote Leviticus who, to the best of my knowledge (and I'm not a scholar) is the only person who attributes homosexuality as a sin in Gods eyes. Like most people, I reject that and would say it is based on the prevailing mood of the times in which it was written. This isn't cherry picking, it's my choice.

People have asked when Christ (upon whom Christianity is based) said that homosexuality is not a bad thing, and the response appears to be because he stated marriage is between a man and a woman. What exactly does that prove? Did someone then say 'But Jesus, what about same sex marriage?' to which he replied 'Nope, none of that in my name thanks'? No, or you are reading a unique version of the New Testament if you believe that is the case.

If a church allows same sex marriage, that's great, if it doesn't than that is its right too, and I personally agree with that. I do believe however the state should not be allowed to make the same distinction.

By the way, people seemed to be quoting Sodom in this thread. Sodomy is obviously derived from Sodom, but the term means anal sexual intercourse which is not limited to homosexuals and homosexuality is not specificly mentioned with regards to Sodom as far as I'm aware.
edit on 8-8-2012 by something wicked because: typo

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join