It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven and Probability

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 3-8-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Yup. did you know that Hugh Evrett considered Heaven as being one of the multiverses? His daughter once expressed she wanted to see her dead father in one of the multiverses. So that means her daddy said to her that heaven was a multiverse, because that's where "souls" go when you die.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Apparently the multiverse theory has been around for a long time. Our generation is not the first to believe in parallel realities.

"The video below is an entertaining, lucid explanation by Brian Greene of the major pillars of support that prove the multiverse. It shows Steven Weinberg saying that the multiverse "is a pretty good bet." It also shows a few physicists who think it's not science."

God vs The Multiverse

Hard as it is to swallow, cutting-edge theories are suggesting that our universe may not be the only universe. Instead, it may be just one of an infinite number of worlds that make up the multiverse. Brian Greene takes us on a tour of this brave new theory at the frontier of physics, explaining why scientists believe it's true and showing what some of these alternate realities might be like.

THE FABRIC OF THE COSMOS: Universe or Multiverse

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

This has absolutely nothing to do with any biblical concept of "heaven", though.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It can help confirming it.
Hard-core religion may not have the absolute answer. Maybe the just right mix between religion's value and science's logical thinking could yield the final, right theory about everything.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

It can help confirming it.

How does this in any way "help confirm it"? This is completely baseless speculation on your part. You're starting with an answer and twisting things to fit this predefined answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Nope. The Bible states there is a world named "heaven", and since it is the home of the most ordered and advanced creature ever seen (God), then it means that this world is in fact a different universe, as its entropy doesn't match ours. Then, you have multiverse theory, which states that other universes, including highly ordered ones (like Heaven) can exist and are in fact a possibility to greatly consider. At that point, both science and religion say the same thing: a univers of great order exists (Heaven).
edit on 3-8-2012 by swan001 because: the man doesn't know how to write, it seems.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Nope. The Bible states there is a world named "heaven", and since it is the home of the most ordered and advanced creature ever seen (God), then it means that this world is in fact a different universe, as its entropy doesn't match ours.

Why the biblical heaven? Why not the great Norse feasting halls? The latter is jsut as valid as the former. Again, your concept of heaven is entirely cultural. If you were Norse, you'd be saying that multiverses are evidence of the feasting halls.

Then, you have multiverse theory, which states that other universes, including highly ordered ones (like Heaven) can exist and are in fact a possibility to greatly consider. At that point, both science and religion say the same thing: a univers of great order exists (Heaven).
edit on 3-8-2012 by swan001 because: the man doesn't know how to write, it seems.

The multiverse theory says absolutely nothing about a biblical heaven existing. Again, you have started with teh answer ("heaven exists") and are trying to twist facts to fit this predefined answer.

Let me ask you this: how much consideration do you give to the idea that heaven does not exist and that the bible is nothing more than myth?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I used biblical heaven because you used biblical heaven, remember?

Originally posted by john_bmth

This has absolutely nothing to do with any biblical concept of "heaven", though.

So I used your concept of Heaven. Of course, there are many concepts of Heaven troughout the world. Luckily, they are all populated with Highly ordered matter and life-forms.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Let me ask you this: how much consideration do you give to the idea that heaven does not exist and that the bible is nothing more than myth?

Honestly? Exactly 50%/50%. As I never went to heaven yet, I can't totally approve the existence of Heaven at 100%, but I certainly can't disprove it at 100% neither.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Good points.

Whether it's Heaven, Omega Point or something else, it's the lowest probability state that must exist. Most religions talk about this ordered state in the context of their religion.

It's a state that must exist. Of course people will call it a myth but that's exactly what's to be expected because it's an improbable state.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

So you're hypothesizing the existence of a cultural myth being supported by science? These are two mutually exclusive things, they do not cross paths nor meet near the middle.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

No, the OP has proven that statement wrong. Did you read the OP?
"science and religion/mythologies exclude themselves". What a stereotype thinking! I have a good friend of mine which is both: an accomplished mathematician and physicist, and a man of God. Until I met him I didn't even know that was possible, these two concepts in only one mind, co-existing in harmony. Now I know better. You should consider other possibilities. Considering other possibilities is part of scientific thinking, you know.
Science states there is a universe that fit the description of Heaven. Most religion (and, yes, Norse mythology) have a Heaven. Don't you get the picture? Surely you are capable of critical thinking, you can add 1 with 1.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I agree.

The thing is people get locked into the probable state that we inhabit. Not because of science but because of things like atheism and secularism.

At the end of the day, things like heaven and other intelligent life forms must exist. Most people in the scientific community know this inherently but belief is a strong thing that overrides reason.

The universe we live in is just one probable state. It's one configuration of energy, what we call matter and information. Again, this is just common knowledge with things like thermodynamics, information and probability.

Religions rely on faith but this is the best way for many people to accept this improbable state that people call Heaven. It's the lowest probable state or the most improbable configuration of information and energy. It must exist and it will be called a place of myth and fantasy because it's so improbable.

Arthur C. Clarke said:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

This lowest probable state has technology that make nanotechnology and quantum computing look like something Fred Flinstone would use. This could be some sort of mental technology that we can't begin to understand.

AND IT MUST EXIST!
edit on 4-8-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I can't agree enough with that statement. I spent alot of time thinking about multiverses, as a matter of fact, I am interested in that topic since 2006. And... I do think I know what they could be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join