It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Actually, there is plenty of secular arguments against homosexual marriage. It's not just religious people that disagree with it. All you have to do is do a google and you'll find plenty of secular arguments against it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I've read your comments on this thread, to me and others, and you appear FAR more interested in creating divisions between yourself and others, than on creating common ground, much like the guy featured in this video. You use your own emotional anger and try and translate that into how 'all teh gays' feel. Its simply not accurate. I know quite a few 'gays' who dont self-identify with your college-age-gay angst.
Um, I'm gay. I post on gay forums daily. I know how we feel. Most of us are angry, very angry, feel disrespected, feel pushed around, feel ostracized, and we're tired of it. Now, we disagree on how to handle that and channel those feelings. But by and large, we're done. The divisions were created by anti-gays, and we're done trying to be friends and grovel to them. We're done with being fake nice. Hence the term "No more Mr. Nice Gay". We're done, and we're speaking out.

There will never be common ground between anti-gays and pro-gays as long as anti-gays continue to be actively anti-gay. As long as they make the choice to be bigots, there will continue to be separation. It's tragic, but that's what it's come down to. The ship has sailed in regards to any potential coming together between homophobes and the gay community. And it's actually quite insulting of people to tell me and my people that we should tolerate, respect or try to come together with people who DO NOT ACCEPT US for who we are.

Furthermore, you claimed over 12 hours ago that this has hurt CFA's bottom line, but you have yet to provide proof of that claim, even after I directly asked you for it while you were online last night. You ignored this request, and and still are. Why is that?

No, what I said was that CFA has suffered a net loss in consumers. Which is a fact, and I in fact did link the numbers to you in a response. CFA's brand index has taken a pretty heavy impact. And what does that mean? It means their popularity has declined and their brand reputation has declined. Meaning their overall nationwide value has declined, as CFA is a company that survives on what potential consumers think of the company.
edit on 3-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotintexas
reply to post by silent thunder

He was definitely lacking in good judgement and a Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of a company must have good judgement. As they say, ya' can't fix stupid and this guy was stupid.

Yet when the CEO of Chick Fil A came out against gay marriage, well that was just free speech, right?

I don't agree at all with being confrontational with a drive through worker, but this whole thread wreaks of irony.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

He was definitely lacking in good judgement and a Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of a company must have good judgement. As they say, ya' can't fix stupid and this guy was stupid.

Yet when the CEO of Chick Fil A came out against gay marriage, well that was just free speech, right?

I don't agree at all with being confrontational with a drive through worker, but this whole thread wreaks of irony.
Exactly. Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Yeah, the truth of the matter is militant homosexuals are just bullies seeking to force people into submission, while claiming everyone has to tolerate them.

Very, very true. I would also add anti-Christ and Christianphobic.
Yup, except for the fact nearly half of gay/lesbian people are religious.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And it's actually quite insulting of people to tell me and my people that we should tolerate, respect or try to come together with people who DO NOT ACCEPT US for who we are.

And it's just as insulting to us when you guys tell us that we absolutely have to tolerate and accept you. Even more so, it's hypocritical.

Truth is the truth, you don't like it, stop the hypocrisy.

Lead by example, and don't pull the same "do as I say not as I do" crap that you're whining about.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Most companies have some kind of clause in their hiring contracts about being able to fire someone for stuff that the company deems makes them look bad or reflects badly on them.

Often its used for stuff like if you post a facebook rant about your boss, get arrested for whatever and stuff like that. People are fired under clauses like this everyday.

This guy's company didn't want the attention he was bringing him by the video so they fired him. If his contract had a clause like that in it then they are within their rights to do so.

Its one of those things, he's got a right to say it and post it on youtube and they have a right to fire him for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No. Its not irony. This guy didnt just make statements to the press, he went out and HARASSED a young, powerless girl in the name of tolerance. THAT is the irony. The CEO of CFA did not go out and harass powerless people. Defending this guy is pathetic, and tiny.

Youre conflating disparate ideas.
edit on 3-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

And it's actually quite insulting of people to tell me and my people that we should tolerate, respect or try to come together with people who DO NOT ACCEPT US for who we are.

And it's just as insulting to us when you guys tell us that we absolutely have to tolerate and accept you. Even more so, it's hypocritical.

Truth is the truth, you don't like it, stop the hypocrisy.

Lead by example, and don't pull the same "do as I say not as I do" crap that you're whining about.

Homosexuals are a class of people who are being oppressed. Yes, not being able to ALL of the same rights that other human beings have--that is the right to marriage--is oppression. The oppressed are allowed to be ironic in the face of their oppressors.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
Yup, except for the fact nearly half of gay/lesbian people are religious.

None are Christian. Christians are saved from sin.

link   

Look on the web and check their brand index scores. And then you'll see what I'm saying in numbers.

Sounds like you know those number. Can you share them with us?

So, again, when are you going to provide this data that you claimed was easily accessible?

Ive asked you three times now, and you have yet to answer.

link   
reply to post by yadda333

Sorry, but double standards in anyone is crap.

I'm against discrimination myself, but it's not okay for anyone to discriminate against someone else just because they were discriminated against.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No. Its not irony. This guy didnt just make statements to the press, he went out and HARASSED a young, powerless girl in the name of tolerance. THAT is the irony. The CEO of CFA did not go out and harass powerless people. Defending this guy is pathetic, and tiny.

Youre conflating disparate ideas.

I disagree. It's all comparable. What's the most ironic is all of the posters on here who defended the CEO and then come on and talk about this CFO not having good judgement. Most of us thought the chick fil a CEO was not showing good judgement when he made that public statement.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm beyond tired of people TELLING ME I have to tolerate they being anti-gay and tolerate they criticizing and attacking my community.

Newsflash ... the guy didn't do that.

He is the owner of a country wide business. He's known to be Baptist.
He was asked what he thought of gay marriage. He said "I support traditional marriage'.

THAT IS IT.

He wasn't being anti-gay and he wasn't criticizing or attacking anyone.
He was asked a question and he answered, according to his faith.
He is allowed to have his faith.
He is allowed to answer a question.
Stop being intolerant of others having the right to their faith.
Stop being intolerant of others having a right to answer a simple question.

There were no attacks and no criticism from him. The only attacks going on are the far left calling for a boycott of Chick Fil-A simply because the man answered a question about his faith. THE END.

link   
reply to post by truejew

Why don't we let God determine who is and who isn't a real Christian, okay?

Only God has that right, not any human.

link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So what exactly is an oppressed people to do?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Except the company does channel money to groups who are opposed to gay marriage.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I've read your comments on this thread, to me and others, and you appear FAR more interested in creating divisions between yourself and others, than on creating common ground, much like the guy featured in this video. You use your own emotional anger and try and translate that into how 'all teh gays' feel. Its simply not accurate. I know quite a few 'gays' who dont self-identify with your college-age-gay angst.
Um, I'm gay. I post on gay forums daily. I know how we feel. Most of us are angry, very angry, feel disrespected, feel pushed around, feel ostracized, and we're tired of it. Now, we disagree on how to handle that and channel those feelings. But by and large, we're done. The divisions were created by anti-gays, and we're done trying to be friends and grovel to them. We're done with being fake nice. Hence the term "No more Mr. Nice Gay". We're done, and we're speaking out.

There will never be common ground between anti-gays and pro-gays as long as anti-gays continue to be actively anti-gay. As long as they make the choice to be bigots, there will continue to be separation. It's tragic, but that's what it's come down to. The ship has sailed in regards to any potential coming together between homophobes and the gay community. And it's actually quite insulting of people to tell me and my people that we should tolerate, respect or try to come together with people who DO NOT ACCEPT US for who we are.

Furthermore, you claimed over 12 hours ago that this has hurt CFA's bottom line, but you have yet to provide proof of that claim, even after I directly asked you for it while you were online last night. You ignored this request, and and still are. Why is that?

No, what I said was that CFA has suffered a net loss in consumers. Which is a fact, and I in fact did link the numbers to you in a response. CFA's brand index has taken a pretty heavy impact. And what does that mean? It means their popularity has declined and their brand reputation has declined. Meaning their overall nationwide value has declined, as CFA is a company that survives on what potential consumers think of the company.
edit on 3-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

Personally I don't care how you feel. That is your issue, not mine. If you want to be angry, so be it. That is up to you. If you want to feel marginalized that is up to you as well.

Why should I cater to your whims when I disagree with them? I’m through being a victim of political correctness.

I’m not a “Phobe”, meaning fearful of. What happens behind closed doors is of no concern of mine.

All I ask is that people stop trying to cram their beliefs down my throat. I can think for myself thank you.

And my thoughts are known to to be subject to change from time to time provided that someone takes the time to agrue the points in a rational rather than emotional manner. That's how we learn.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I disagree. It's all comparable. What's the most ironic is all of the posters on here who defended the CEO and then come on and talk about this CFO not having good judgement. Most of us thought the chick fil a CEO was not showing good judgement when he made that public statement.

Sure. It was likely VERY bad judgement. But what you did was compare his comments in an interview with this guy going and harassing a powerless young girl in the name of tolerance. That is not comparable. One is a man being honest about his political affiliations, the other is a grown man knowingly and intentionally harassing a young woman with no power. Hes a bully. And I say that as someone who supports gay marriage.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Right. FREE SPEECH is expressing your opinions in a news interview, not going out and harassing someone who clearly has less power than you. This is a grown man, harassing a minimum wage employee.That is being a bully.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join