It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TDawgRex

Well, I salute them. It would be hilarious, if he found himself in the position of having to apply for a job in that fast food joint.

And I would love if Chick-fil-A forgave him and hired him.

If they did, that would be a crowning moment of awesome.

They should open branches in the UK.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I didn't even know what Chic-Fil-A was until I read this and wikipedia'd it. We don't have Chic-Fil-A's where I live ;-)

Why can't fast food restaurants just serve food and not take a political stance? Is it necessary to get politically involved in current marriage affairs? You serve food. Why does a fast food company have to deliberately shout out to the world that they are based on such and such religion and against gay rights and make a big scene about it for everyone to see?

It seems out of place and inappropriate. We have venues in place already to discuss these political issues. I don't think it belong spewing out of a fast food restaurant.

Just serve your chicken and be quiet is all I have to say about that.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

A fast food company is a thing, it doesn't have a stance on anything. The owner of a franchise has their own opinions and convictions, and they are welcome to do so. That's part of the reason there is even an issue made out of it, where it should not be an issue at all. People don't like the opinion of the owners, and bash the franchise to try and hurt the owner.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 05:25:55 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by unb3k44n7

A fast food company is a thing, it doesn't have a stance on anything. The owner of a franchise has their own opinions and convictions, and they are welcome to do so. That's part of the reason there is even an issue made out of it, where it should not be an issue at all. People don't like the opinion of the owners, and bash the franchise to try and hurt the owner.

Wiki article on Chic-A-Fila: In January 2011, the media reported that Chick-fil-A was co-sponsoring a marriage conference along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that has opposed same-sex marriage legislation in California and Pennsylvania.[28] Chick-fil-A explained the PFI retreat support, stating "one of our independent Restaurant Operators in Pennsylvania was asked to provide sandwiches to two Art of Marriage video seminars."[29] The WinShape Foundation also stated it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[30][31] Chick-fil-A has donated millions to the WinShape Foundation, which then gave millions to groups including Focus on the Family and Eagle Forum that are politically active in opposing same-sex marriage and other gay rights issues.[32] In response, students at several colleges and universities formed grassroots efforts to ban or remove the company's restaurants from their campuses.[33]

In June and July 2012, Chick-fil-A COO Dan Cathy made several public statements supporting traditional marriage, saying that those who "have the audacity to define what marriage is about" were "inviting God's judgment on our nation".[34] Several prominent politicians expressed disapproval.[35] Boston mayor Thomas Menino and Chicago alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno said they hoped to block franchise expansion into their areas.[36] The proposed bans drew criticism from liberal pundits, legal experts and the American Civil Liberties Union.[37] In response to Dan Cathy's comments, the Jim Henson Company, which had entered its Pajanimals in a kids' meal toy licensing arrangement in 2011, said that it would cease its business relationship with Chick-fil-A, and donate payment for the brand to Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).[38] Citing safety concerns, Chick-fil-A stopped distributing the toys.[39] A spokeswoman stated the decision had been made July 19 and was unrelated to the controversy.[40]

I understand that it is an individual sharing their views on the matter. And that alone is perfectly fine.
However, it becomes something a little different when they are using a restaurant as their outlet.

The decisions made not only by this individual, buy by the restaurant as a whole in regards to "co-sponsoring a marriage conference along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that has opposed same-sex marriage legislation in California and Pennsylvania blah blah blah" kinda turns these "views" into more of a deliberate "agenda" rather than just views.

It's not by any means illegal obviously, and I wouldn't go as far as to say it's complete blasphemy.
But it is a bit inappropriate, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived." (2 Timothy 3:11-13 KJV)

Evil men are getting worse and worse. How much longer will it be before God's judgement? Can you feel the hell fire getting nearer during the drought? The signs are all around us.

In the end, God will deliver His people.
edit on 3-8-2012 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Wiki article on Chic-A-Fila:

In January 2011, the media reported that Chick-fil-A was co-sponsoring a marriage conference along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that has opposed same-sex marriage legislation in California and Pennsylvania.[28] Chick-fil-A explained the PFI retreat support, stating "one of our independent Restaurant Operators in Pennsylvania was asked to provide sandwiches to two Art of Marriage video seminars."[29] The WinShape Foundation also stated it would not allow same-sex couples to participate in its marriage retreats.[30][31] Chick-fil-A has donated millions to the WinShape Foundation, which then gave millions to groups including Focus on the Family and Eagle Forum that are politically active in opposing same-sex marriage and other gay rights issues.[32] In response, students at several colleges and universities formed grassroots efforts to ban or remove the company's restaurants from their campuses.[33]

In June and July 2012, Chick-fil-A COO Dan Cathy made several public statements supporting traditional marriage, saying that those who "have the audacity to define what marriage is about" were "inviting God's judgment on our nation".[34] Several prominent politicians expressed disapproval.[35] Boston mayor Thomas Menino and Chicago alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno said they hoped to block franchise expansion into their areas.[36] The proposed bans drew criticism from liberal pundits, legal experts and the American Civil Liberties Union.[37] In response to Dan Cathy's comments, the Jim Henson Company, which had entered its Pajanimals in a kids' meal toy licensing arrangement in 2011, said that it would cease its business relationship with Chick-fil-A, and donate payment for the brand to Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).[38] Citing safety concerns, Chick-fil-A stopped distributing the toys.[39] A spokeswoman stated the decision had been made July 19 and was unrelated to the controversy.[40]

I understand that it is an individual sharing their views on the matter. And that alone is perfectly fine.
However, it becomes something a little different when they are using a restaurant as their outlet.

The decisions made not only by this individual, buy by the restaurant as a whole in regards to selectively choosing to "co-sponsoring a marriage conference along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that has opposed same-sex marriage legislation in California and Pennsylvania blah blah blah" kinda turns these "views" into more of a deliberate "agenda" rather than just views.

It's not by any means illegal obviously, and I wouldn't go as far as to say it's complete blasphemy.
But it is a bit inappropriate, in my opinion.

Sorry I keep editing this post and it looks weird now. Something got jumbled with the code and I don't have the patience to sort it out.

edit on 3-8-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Meanwhile half of all counties in the US are now considered disaster areas due to the ongoing drought. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns, or at least blisters in the sun. At this rate there may not be all that many chickens left next year to make sandwiches from (I exaggerate of course...but not by all that much).

edit on 8/2/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

You can bet on commodities traders "thinking" that we will be out of chickens next year.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Thing is, i totally support 'marriage equality', and i am in no way a supporter of fast food enterprises of any kind. But the way the left have acted about this whole thing makes me want to go eat there in protest. And I think thats saying a lot.

Exactly. I support two cats getting married if they can sign their darn names. However, as a supporter of all of the freedoms protected by the Constitution, Chik-Fil-A has a right to an opinion. The owner can even state that opinion on the radio.

And if we all knew the personal opinions of all owners of businesses - big and small - you wouldn't shop at 75% of the stores you frequent. Everyone has an opinion with which you disagree.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hmmmm the guy doesn't like 'all the hate' yet he is displaying a hatred for the company. Oh that makes sense doesn't it?

There are way more 'evil' companies out there with CEO's whose hearts are as cold as ice, prepared to push their product on people knowing it will kill them, and everyone is having a big stooshie over one guy's view on Christian values?? And then having a go at the workers who are just trying to get by?

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech, and if you don't like what they say then you can just walk away.
Vote with your feet if you don't like it, no hate required.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

Look on the web and check their brand index scores. And then you'll see what I'm saying in numbers.

Sounds like you know those number. Can you share them with us?

nrn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
He just made me feel proud to be a redneck wow, what a freak. Like seriously, and by the sound of his voice he DEFINITELY IS GAY. The kinda guy you'd just love to find in a dark alley late at night.... Like seriously the girl is making 8 bucks an hour and she has to put up with his BS? You got to be kidding me. If I was her I'd throw that water in his face.
It's always funny when an idiot calls out another person for being an idiot.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Gotta love how how some prick men hide behind "gay rights" to vent their mysoginy! Just the sight of a woman makes them feel small already so they gotta spew that venom lol!
What's truly LOL is your spelling of the word misogyny.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Gotta love how how some prick men hide behind "gay rights" to vent their mysoginy! Just the sight of a woman makes them feel small already so they gotta spew that venom lol!
What's truly LOL is your spelling of the word misogyny.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22
Homophobes? Who is afraid of them or you? That word alone was created by Gs and Lzs to be offensive!
This clown did not, at all, help his/thier cause.
edit on 3-8-2012 by murphy22 because: added statement
Homophobia is a clinical term. It isn't a made up term. It's an actual certifiable word, and personality dysfunction.

Homophobia=Irrational fear of, aversion towards and/or discrimination/hatred against homosexuality/homosexuals.

One jerk does not dampen an entire cause. Because there are plenty of jerks on the other side, who have said and done much worse than this guy did.
edit on 3-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
1. The company is throwing logs on a very unstable fire in an effort to get free publicity and sell more product. The corporate executives made this decision without any regard for the safety and welfare of their front line employees.
This is VERY true, but this is also something Dan Cathy and conservatives in general don't seem to recognize. They actually think that this artificial bump will be forever lasting, and they have not once thought about employees and other customers who simply want to do their jobs and eat chicken. But as usual, social conservatives are making things all about their agenda.

That poor woman at the window gets to carry the entire burden of some overpaid incredibly stupid person's decision for the rest of the day. Give her a raise and fire the nitwit who put her in that position.
The man in the car films a group of "students" and says they may be coming to stage a "sit in" protest, what if they were actually really drunk extremists or members of the Westboro clan looking to create their own little media frenzy?
If they were members of Westboro, they'd be identifiable, because their clan isn't that large at all. Trust me about that. I agree that this woman should have a raise, but I wouldn't blame her superiors for a jerk being a jerk.

2. The entire same sex marriage issue seems to be yesterdays news at this point, it seems people are too busy looking for jobs and paying bills to worry about something like that right now.
Wrong. Gay rights is the human rights issue of our time. Political, governmental, cultural, financial, it all plays a part in this fight. It isn't yesterday's news, and if it were, then why is there always so much drama regarding the issue? Especially given the drama is almost always created by ANTI-GAYS, so people who feel same-sex couples marrying will lead to social destruction are very much engaged on the issue.

Unfortunately this is an election year and what might have gone down in history as a rare and beautiful case of "live and let live" is now political currency to be plucked from the gutter.
This sucks because these are the people who make decisions and control the money, and they are scumbags.
All of this is true, but that's how things are today. Politics are ugly, and society is polarized. People are greedy. People are attention seeking.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Funny, it doesn't appear in the DSM-IV-TR.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
Look on the web and check their brand index scores. And then you'll see what I'm saying in numbers.

Also, there are more independents in this country than progressives OR conservatives. Wisconsin, BTW, is a horrible defense. You do know Obama won over Romney in preliminary exit polls by 8 points the same day Walker was retained. Barrett was a horrible candidate and many Dems stayed home because they simply couldn't support him. Many Dems supported Walker, many independents supported Walker, because they are anti-recall, and not because they are pro-Walker. But hey, a man/woman can dream, I guess.

I assume you are referring to the YOUGOV article. I'd like to see other surveys. Their methodology assures a decline in their rating on their poll when negative things get said. If those scores were to stay low, then you can take something from it. Lets see Chick-Fil-A's numbers 3 to 6 months out then you can see if they have sustained lasting damage. From all accounts that I've read, Chick-Fil-A is a well run company that puts out tasty food in clean surroundings with friendly people working there. They have won numerous quality awards and just had their best year ever. I've eaten there once in Florida and was fairly impressed with it, as fast food goes. The WSJ seems to think that overall this won't be too much a plus or negative overall online.wsj.com... 4467532.html

As for you Wisconsin statement, I wouldn't expect anything else from you on that. We will see how this plays out......

edit on 3-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)
WSJ is notably conservative, so I wouldn't really look to them for anything, due to their bias. Unlike WSJ, there is no bias in brand index scores. Now, I will agree, 6 months, and IMO more like 6-9 months rather than 3-6, we will see what the true impact is regarding the backlash against CFA. Personally, I think it's pretty clear the company has lost more consumers than they have gained, but the consumers of their product are, right now, extremely galvanized and supporting CFA strongly. But after this storyline runs it's course, these people will go back to their old routines for the most part. And that is when we'll see just how damaged CFA is. I don't think CFA will lose too much money out of their bottom line but they have definitely destroyed their chance at going national, and that alone means a loss of billions. Especially since liberals/gays have more disposable income, there is no doubt CFA has been impacted.

BTW, the YouGov brand index scores...........it wasn't a survey. And their methodology did not assume decline, what it does is it takes positive and negative feedback and weighs them together and comes up with the numbers. And what has happened is that there has been more negative than positive feedback regarding CFA since this entire drama began. That won't change, because NOW is when those supporting CFA are the most focused on the issue, the most supportive.

And everything I said about Wisconsin is true.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
There is not hypocracy, it is pretty straight forward.
Group A wants to boycot "in the name of freedom and equality" even though freedom of speech is one of those freedoms making thing hypocrites.

Group B: Wants to boycot because they are against gay marriage.

One is full of crap and the other is honest, I could not really care less because I have never even seen a chic-fill-a in my entire life.
Hypocrisy is spelled hypocrisy. Just a little FYI.

BTW, Group A is boycotting due to discrimination, not in the name of freedom and equality.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Hmmmm the guy doesn't like 'all the hate' yet he is displaying a hatred for the company. Oh that makes sense doesn't it?

There are way more 'evil' companies out there with CEO's whose hearts are as cold as ice, prepared to push their product on people knowing it will kill them, and everyone is having a big stooshie over one guy's view on Christian values?? And then having a go at the workers who are just trying to get by?

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech, and if you don't like what they say then you can just walk away.
Vote with your feet if you don't like it, no hate required.
What Christian values? Is homophobia a Christian value? I don't think so. And this definitely isn't about Dan Cathy's values anyway, it's about his actions. It's about he spending millions in supporting anti-gay hate groups and it's about he going out of his way to attack the gay community.

Freedom of speech works both ways, Dan Cathy said the bigoted things he chose to say, and in return people are speaking their minds against his bigotry.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been noted yet (havent had the chance to read the entire thread), but the guy in the video was the CFO of Vante Inc. and when this little clip came out he was fired from his company...

"When keepin it real, goes terribly wrong"

ever watch the chappelle show to see those clips??

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join