It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
we are demanding equality

Other than gay marriage .. can you show me what laws in this country take 'equal rights' away from gay people? 'Don't ask, don't tell' is gone. Homosexual people are covered under the same laws as everyone else for equal housing and lending and schooling etc etc ... So other than gay marriage (which I support) ... give me a laundry list showing which laws are unfair to gay americans. thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by truejew

Why don't we let God determine who is and who isn't a real Christian, okay?

Only God has that right, not any human.

He already has.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by hotintexas
reply to post by silent thunder

He was definitely lacking in good judgement and a Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of a company must have good judgement. As they say, ya' can't fix stupid and this guy was stupid.

Yet when the CEO of Chick Fil A came out against gay marriage, well that was just free speech, right?

I don't agree at all with being confrontational with a drive through worker, but this whole thread wreaks of irony.

No. Its not irony. This guy didnt just make statements to the press, he went out and HARASSED a young, powerless girl in the name of tolerance. THAT is the irony. The CEO of CFA did not go out and harass powerless people. Defending this guy is pathetic, and tiny.

Youre conflating disparate ideas.
edit on 3-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

I disagree. It's all comparable. What's the most ironic is all of the posters on here who defended the CEO and then come on and talk about this CFO not having good judgement. Most of us thought the chick fil a CEO was not showing good judgement when he made that public statement.

Let's put it this way.

The CEO made a statement to a religious based magazine that many identified with.

The CFO made a statement to a minimum wage employee and posted it to YT.

OOHhh! And the CFO is toast!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Not be bullies and not engage in the same tactics the oppressors use.

Such as deny people the right of association.

If you see somebody channeling money into a group that opposes you, channel your money into a group that supports you. Money is no guarantee, however.

Don't insult and berate people just because they disagree with you on some things. Don't force people to accept you.

If there's a true case of discrimination, sue the people who did the discrimination.

If there's a private group that won't let you in, form your own private group that does the same thing. If they try to prevent that group from being formed, sue them for discrimination and for anything else you can think of.

And get the message out there, but don't force it on to people who don't want to hear it. And the people who do want to hear it will come to you.

Just a few things.

The only way to win is to be respectful of other people. Insulting them and berating them all to hell and back just to shut them up won't win any favors. No bully, liberal, conservative, Christian nor atheists or otherwise seems to understand that. It is not okay to be a jerk to a person who is being a jerk because that just creates a moebius strip of an argument.

In other words, compete, and take the high moral road. You don't have the high moral road if you're being just as deplorable as the other guy.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Words of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Other than gay marriage .. can you show me what laws in this country take 'equal rights' away from gay people? 'Don't ask, don't tell' is gone. Homosexual people are covered under the same laws as everyone else for equal housing and lending and schooling etc etc ... So other than gay marriage (which I support) ... give me a laundry list showing which laws are unfair to gay americans. thank you.

Me thinks you are debating a Hetrophobe.

He/She think that they are above the rest of us just because they are a minority and that the rest of us don't think like they do. Go figure.

I don't think that you'll see a reply.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Need more coffee!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Eh....I disagree. I don't expect to change your mind and I'm certainly not going to waste my time stringing together a bunch of words to "prove you wrong."

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Except the company does channel money to groups who are opposed to gay marriage.

These are the groups I found that Chick Fil-A gave donations to
The Majority goes to - WINSHAPE
Some goes to - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
A very small amount to - Family Research Council

Again ... SO WHAT? The sole purpose of those groups isn't 'anti-gay'.

It's part of the faith of the owner to be against homosexuality. He's baptist. Even though I (we) disagree with him ... he's allowed to have those beliefs. These are not militant organizations .. people aren't out there with guns shooting gay people .. people aren't out there getting inequality laws passed .. they are just groups of people with the same views who come together and help each other and bond.

They have that right.
They haven't done anything close to what the gay-militant poster from San Francisco previously said.
The man wasn't belligerent or critical.
He hasn't been trying to get anti-gay laws passed.
He simply answered a question about his faith ... and he is allowed to do so.

I disagree with the fella about gay marriage. I'm all for it.
But I also disagree with people getting uptight because he is expressing his faith.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

And you wouldn't really be proving me wrong anyway, just providing a contradictory point of view.

I'm just sorry that you feel it's okay to bully people into submission.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
may i have 5 minutes alone with this guy and give him a lesson on being a good person and respecting others ..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Expressing one's faith is not the same thing as actively opposing someone else. If he was just expressing his faith, I'd be fine with that. But he does channel money into other groups that actively oppose homosexual marriage, and that is discrimination, which is something i don't support.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by essanance

Beating the crap out of him wouldn't accomplish anything other than put you in jail.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You'd be surprised by how many there actually are.

But then again, you're one of the militant bullies, so I wouldn't really count on any fairness from you.

I wouldn't be whining about fairness when you defend a belief that same-sex couples should not be equal.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

OMG .. I've been posting here 8 years and that's the first time I've seen that term.

Some people are getting rather militant about this. THEY are the ones that have blown this way up. The fella simply answered a question about his faith. The isn't out criticizing or trying to get anti-gay laws passed or anything. The amount of negativity and INTOLERANCE that is being shown to him is absurd. Not to mention the number of people who are trying to take away his Constitutional right of freedom of religion and freedom of speech (and freedom to do whatever he wants with his money) simply because he believes differently than they do. :shk:

So again .... Crazydaysandnights ... I am calling you out. YOU say that you 'demand equality'. Okay .. other than Gay Marriage .. give us a bulleted laundry list of what laws in this country are 'inequal' toward homosexuals. Please provide links .. not blogs .... but factual links .. so we can all see exactly what it is that has you so worked up. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He/She think that they are above the rest of us just because they are a minority and that the rest of us don't think like they do. Go figure.

I don't think that you'll see a reply.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Need more coffee!
Heterophobe? LOL. No. Decent heterosexuals are not homophobes and are my friends and people I respect and in special cases admire. But I certainly do think I am better than homophobes. In fact, I know I am. Because I don't believe in discrimination against legal citizens, but homophobes do.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Gays just want Equal Rights - - that's it.

They want Federal recognized marriage.
They want to be included on the Federal list of protection from discrimination.
They want the right to donate blood.

Those are just 3 off the top of my head.

Obama mandated that government funded hospitals allow same sex partners to visit patient. Still - - there have been several cases this year where they were denied - - - until they got outside help.

We still have cases of racism today. A signed paper does not stop discrimination.

It will take years of Public/Social Awareness - - - - to reduce discrimination against gays.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This forum is disgusting. So many people here defend homophobia. I am honestly in shock.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But he does channel money into other groups that actively oppose homosexual marriage,

Those three groups I listed ... check 'em out. It is part of their belief system to believe in so-called 'traditional marriage'. Being militantly anti-gay isn't their purpose. 'Traditional marriage' is just part of their belief system. A SMALL part. They have that right to believe in 'traditional marraige' if they wish. Just as you have a right to not agree with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Except I don't defend that belief. I am against discrimination and not opposed to homosexual marriage, but I'm sure that wouldn't matter to you since I have been critical of other things some of them do, and since you define a homophobe as anybody who criticizes homosexuals in any way shape or form as a homophobe, i'm a homophobe to you. I have stated that multiple times that I don't support discrimination and am not opposed to homosexual marriage since i see that not allowing them to be married is a form of discrimination. You guys will always ignore that fact and insult me and berate me to try to shut me up. Which you won't.

But you go ahead with your hyperbolic fantasies. Since you've claimed like Bush and Hitler that anyone not for you is against you, well, I just can't take you seriously. You're just another kind of bully.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And it's actually quite insulting of people to tell me and my people that we should tolerate, respect or try to come together with people who DO NOT ACCEPT US for who we are.

And it's just as insulting to us when you guys tell us that we absolutely have to tolerate and accept you. Even more so, it's hypocritical.

Truth is the truth, you don't like it, stop the hypocrisy.

Lead by example, and don't pull the same "do as I say not as I do" crap that you're whining about.

I'm not telling you to do anything. If you choose to be a bigot, then that's your choice. But I am going to call you out on that, I am going to stop your progress in society and any potential damage anti-gays cause to my community, and I am not going to respect you. None of that means you can't be a bigot. It means you're not going to get a pat on the back as a result.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join