It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
You .. you ... you .... I'm not going to bother responding to you ...

Again .. off topic blah blah blah ...

Go educate yourself on the matter at hand and come back to us.

Go educate yourself on the CONSTITUTION and what real TOLERANCE is and come back to us.

"faith" does NOT justify being anti-gay.

It most certainly does justify that people can be anti-gay.
People can believe whatever they want. It's their right.

Being gay does NOT justify being anti-faith.
Try that on for size. How's that feel? Anti-constitutional?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Personally I don't care how you feel. That is your issue, not mine. If you want to be angry, so be it. That is up to you. If you want to feel marginalized that is up to you as well.

Why should I cater to your whims when I disagree with them? I’m through being a victim of political correctness.

I’m not a “Phobe”, meaning fearful of. What happens behind closed doors is of no concern of mine.

All I ask is that people stop trying to cram their beliefs down my throat. I can think for myself thank you.

And my thoughts are known to to be subject to change from time to time provided that someone takes the time to agrue the points in a rational rather than emotional manner. That's how we learn.
First of all, am I supposed to care that you don't care? No. OK, good for you, you don't care what I think. I don't "want" to be angry and I don't "want" to be marginalized. I want to be respected and I want equality. But since people like you are standing in my way and harming my community in the process, there is going to be problems. That doesn't mean you have to accept nor cater to my whims. What it means is that if you intentionally get in my communities' way, and my allies, then prepared to get run over.

No-one is cramming beliefs down your throat. Close your mouth and you won't have that problem. You're not important enough for anyone to care to force you to think or do anything. You're a random bigot and a non-entity. You want to be a bigot, go ahead. I don't need nor care to take the time to show you why it's wrong to be anti-gay. If you don't have the decency and intelligence to know that without having to be told, then you're not really worth the discussion.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

We still have cases of racism today. A signed paper does not stop discrimination.

It will take years of Public/Social Awareness - - - - to reduce discrimination against gays.

But you still seem to want that signed paper. All in the name of making me and my opinions illegal. (not that I am against Gay marriage, I just don't believe that a Gov't should legistate it or any marriage for that matter.)

To each their own.

edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I want to be respected and I want equality.

1 - respect is earned. so far all you have done is name call and get in everyone's face.
So you haven't earned it.

2 - Again with the equality thing? We asked THREE PAGES AGO ... provide us with a bulleted laundry list of laws that show inequality to people based upon them being gay. We already know about the gay marriage thing. Show us something else.

But since people like you ... .

Your assumptions about members here and your unwarranted attacks upon them, are getting old.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

First of all, am I supposed to care that you don't care? No. OK, good for you, you don't care what I think. I don't "want" to be angry and I don't "want" to be marginalized. I want to be respected and I want equality. But since people like you are standing in my way and harming my community in the process, there is going to be problems. That doesn't mean you have to accept nor cater to my whims. What it means is that if you intentionally get in my communities' way, and my allies, then prepared to get run over.

Insulting people all to hell won't win you any respect nor friends on this site. You should really reconsider being on this site if you're not interested in civil discourse. This site is for promoting civil discourse and respecting other people who disagree with you. You have shown no respect and no civility. I guess the mods are allowing you to stay to be made an example of what not to do.

You want to be respected, you treat other people with respect. You don't go about insulting everyone who disagrees with you. I'm saddened that you can't see that.

No-one is cramming beliefs down your throat. Close your mouth and you won't have that problem. You're not important enough for anyone to care to force you to think or do anything. You're a random bigot and a non-entity. You want to be a bigot, go ahead. I don't need nor care to take the time to show you why it's wrong to be anti-gay. If you don't have the decency and intelligence to know that without having to be told, then you're not really worth the discussion.

Oh the irony. If you reply to someone, you care.

No-one is cramming beliefs down your throat.

Is very contradictory to:

Close your mouth and you won't have that problem.

Because that is precisely what you're doing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Personally I don't care how you feel. That is your issue, not mine. If you want to be angry, so be it. That is up to you. If you want to feel marginalized that is up to you as well.

Why should I cater to your whims when I disagree with them? I’m through being a victim of political correctness.

I’m not a “Phobe”, meaning fearful of. What happens behind closed doors is of no concern of mine.

All I ask is that people stop trying to cram their beliefs down my throat. I can think for myself thank you.

And my thoughts are known to to be subject to change from time to time provided that someone takes the time to agrue the points in a rational rather than emotional manner. That's how we learn.

Hmmm, you tell me to close my mouth. That speaks to me of intolerance. But I guess that is the bigot in me coming out, ain't it? Or maybe it's you?

People are telling me and you to be politacally correct. I don't abide by that, but hey, that's just me. I'm fine with you and your opinions. But apparently you aren't fine with mine.
edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Fat fingas

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hmmm.... I wonder how long this thread will go with this guy going on and on about being oppressed and insulting people all to hell and back. I hope I can get post number 666!

I just love getting that post number.

I am evil, after all.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Other than gay marriage .. can you show me what laws in this country take 'equal rights' away from gay people? 'Don't ask, don't tell' is gone.
Regarding DADT, first of all, same-sex spouses are not entitled to survivor benefits, are not entitled to medical benefits, and are not able to make any decisions regarding things such as funeral services in case their partner dies in combat. In fact, the spouse legally is not obligated to be contacted. So in actuality, gay/lesbian troops are still discriminated against.

Homosexual people are covered under the same laws as everyone else for equal housing and lending and schooling etc etc
FALSE. In 26 states, sexual orientation is not protected in those states' constitutions. And since sexual orientation is not federally protected at this time either, in those 26 states, a same-sex couple can be DENIED housing legally, solely because they are gay. As well, regarding private schools which are usually religious in nature, they legally can deny children of same-sex parents.

In states where sexual orientation is not a protected class, people can be fired for being gay. People can be denied jobs for being gay. Same-sex couples can be denied transportation in these states, and have, as was seen in Oklahoma, where a gay couple was thrown off a bus because they were holding hands. Businesses can deny business towards the gay cause. Meaning, lets say, in Colorado, a bakery denied to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple. In 26 states, that would be perfectly legal. If a gay man wanted to become a member at their local pool with his partner, they can be denied on the basis of their orientation, legally, in 26 states.

Hate crime laws are not recognized in roughly half the states in America. Meaning if a man is gay bashed in lets say.............Arkansas, there is NO ability for the case to be designated as a hate crime.

Gay men cannot give blood although the overwhelming majority of gay men do not have HIV/AIDS, and do not have an incurable STD. Although heterosexuals have more anal sex in absolute numbers, gay men are discriminated against on the basis of male-male anal sex being somehow too risky and unhealthy.

Same-sex spouses cannot sponsor their foreign partners due to DOMA. Which means that same-sex couples can only request temporary visas, and when those visas expire, the foreign spouse legally has to leave the country.

And basically, I don't have to go any further although I could. I have NOTHING to prove to you. The facts are at your disposal, it's called GOOGLE. Go educate yourself. I'm tired of talking to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Then stop posting, because we're all tired of you too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - respect is earned. so far all you have done is name call and get in everyone's face.
So you haven't earned it.
I didn't say anything about respecting me individually. I mean respecting me as a gay man. And respecting LGBT people as LGBT. Whether you respect me as a person means absolutely nothing to me, because I don't care one iota what you respect.

2 - Again with the equality thing? We asked THREE PAGES AGO ... provide us with a bulleted laundry list of laws that show inequality to people based upon them being gay. We already know about the gay marriage thing. Show us something else.
I have, and now you stop trying to act as if I have to prove something. I have nothing I need to prove. Get over yourself.

Your assumptions about members here and your unwarranted attacks upon them, are getting old.
And your defense of homophobia is repulsive. And everything I've said up to this point is very warranted. Can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Homophobes are tired of me, of course. That's a good thing. I wouldn't like it either if someone kept exposing my ignorance over and over again and I hated the reflection of myself in the mirror. So if you're tired, then well guess what, stop defending homophobia. Choose to be anti-gay, I'll call you out every single time.
edit on 3-8-2012 by crazydaysandnights because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can't believe this stupid argument lasted 12 pages so far.
All seemingly fed from, what seems to be, a very brave armchair activist.
Crazydays...
This is a conspiracy forum.
Everyone here has mutual respect for other members.
It seems you just think everyone is anti-gay.
Like most gay people I know.
And "gaydar" is not biological at all.
It's a rather dull term coined to reference an easy way to stereotype.
But all I see now is a bunch of complaining about "equal rights" Waaaaaa.
You want to whine about not being treated right? Then act right!
I just see you as the same type thats starving for attention.
Quit being so dramatic and over-the-top and start facing facts.
You don't just "get" respect. It is earned and hard to come by.
People earn respect when they stop being selfish and start being selfless.

Back to the OP.
The guy was being an idiot.
Asking for attention.
He got dealt with.

[/thread]

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

These made me

edit on 3/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
" But since people like you are standing in my way and harming my community in the process, there is going to be problems. That doesn't mean you have to accept nor cater to my whims. What it means is that if you intentionally get in my communities' way, and my allies, then prepared to get run over.

You're a random bigot and a non-entity. You want to be a bigot, go ahead. I don't need nor care to take the time to show you why it's wrong to be anti-gay. If you don't have the decency and intelligence to know that without having to be told, then you're not really worth the discussion. "

And the threats and belittlements begin...again.

I have to say, you are so close minded that you have really VERY LITTLE to add to the equation and do your own cause damage.

Find another site that suits your opinion if you are not willing to debate in a cordial fashion.

By the way....ya can't run over a wall. Ya just crash into it.

edit on 3-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You're not exposing anything but your own intolerance and bigotry.

There has been no homophobia here. You're just misusing the term to be a troll.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Homophobes are tired of me, of course. That's a good thing. I wouldn't like it either if someone kept exposing my ignorance over and over again and I hated the reflection of myself in the mirror. So if you're tired, then well guess what, stop defending homophobia. Choose to be anti-gay, I'll call you out every single time.

You have it all wrong. We're tired of Hetrophobes telling us that we are wrong.

Do what you do, I'm cool with that. I don't care.

But you are coming across as some political Liberal or Conservative. That will generate a response.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Crazydays...
This is a conspiracy forum.
Yes, I know.

Everyone here has mutual respect for other members.
No. Someone made a thread a like a week ago about how homophobic this forum is. This forum is probably more homophobic than the sports forums I used to visit, and that in itself is alarming. This forum is very anti-gay.

It seems you just think everyone is anti-gay.
Like most gay people I know.
Everyone? No. A lot of people? Hell yes. A lot of people are anti-gay, and it's sickening. And people who defend homophobia as just as bad as the homophobes themselves.

And "gaydar" is not biological at all.
It's a rather dull term coined to reference an easy way to stereotype.

www.nytimes.com...

But all I see now is a bunch of complaining about "equal rights" Waaaaaa.
You want to whine about not being treated right? Then act right!
This is what anti-gays do. First they trivialize what the other side is saying and protesting against. Then they place the blame on the other side for what they have to deal with. With people like you, it's always the gays' fault. And guess what? We're done being human pinatas, and we're done being victims.

I just see you as the same type thats starving for attention.
Quit being so dramatic and over-the-top and start facing facts.
Starved for attention? How little you know. If anything, I'd want less attention to our cause and our community. But that won't happen as long as we continue getting slung in the mud in all directions.

I've faced facts long ago. And fact is, I live in a homophobic society that loves to pick on and place blame on the gay community for basically everything. Nothing dramatic about that. That's facing facts.

You don't just "get" respect. It is earned and hard to come by.
People earn respect when they stop being selfish and start being selfless.
You don't show basic human respect and decency towards your fellow man? Somehow I disagree with you about that. And that's all I ask for, and nothing more. But even that seems to be too much for people such as yourself. And that's fine. But that's something that cuts in two ways.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Of course a heterophobe is going to see a lot of homophobia when they define homophobia as absolutely anything that is different than homosexual.

for instance:

"Star Trek is better than Star Wars!"

HOMOPHOBE!

Spaghetti is better than PIZZA!

HOMOPHOBE!

An M16 is better than an AK 47.

HOMOPHOBE!

A car is better than a motorbike.

HOMOPHOBE!

You lost eighty pounds. I'm really proud of you.

HOMOPHOBE!

Sigh. It's never going to end because the guys' just too invested in seeing homophobia everywhere he looks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You don't show basic human respect and decency towards your fellow man? Somehow I disagree with you about that. And that's all I ask for, and nothing more. But even that seems to be too much for people such as yourself. And that's fine. But that's something that cuts in two ways.

I'm not anti-gay there, fella'.
I am anti-lazy though.
And anti-materialistic.
Anti-whiner too.

If that even matters.

I show common decency towards everyone.
But no, respect is not a handout.
You must earn it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, how can you be anti-materialistic and have a computer?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join