It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It is an indisputable fact that court rulings and legislative action is the only way any of the six states that allow same sex marriage got it through. the popular vote has rejected again and again anything that legitimizes the homosexual lifestyle.
That must really piss off homosexuals.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by havok

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, how can you be anti-materialistic and have a computer?

Not that this is even remotely on topic.
But I'll bite.

If you are leading a life where the only thing that matters to you is money and "things"...
I believe you are materialistic.

I am anti-materialistic as much as possible.
(and of course being slightly facetious, too)

It's the thought that counts right?
I was trying my best to think of things I am anti...or against.
Gay wasn't one of them but those others were.

Got it?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights
People like you think it's totally OK to be anti-gay and consider it militant and "left-wing" to disagree, so you'll never understand. People like you think the gay community should simply "tolerate" those who speak in negatives against them constantly. You have no respect for the gay community. And you call it political correctness when one side is honest with their feelings, but free speech when the other side does the same.

Ah yes - - - the tactic of trying to "turn the table".

Huckabee - - "I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick-fil-A company," he wrote. "Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same-sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant."

Advocate editor - - "This is a relatively new trick in the playbook of homophobes. It's not them who are being intolerant, they claim, it's the gays. Chick-fil-A is actually the victim, which Huckabee says is "being smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left."

www.advocate.com...
Yup, you see things for what they are here. But you always have. It's very obvious what is occurring. Gay community speaks out against discrimination=hypocrites, against first amendment, militant, extremist. Social conservative community speaks out against gay community=free speech, religious beliefs. Gay community speaks out on said hypocrisy=whiners.

That article is so right on the money. But honestly, I'm basically done with this CFA debate, and the ugliness that has been exhibited by so many. Not posters like stanguilles, but some of the ones that are regulars on the gay-oriented threads. Their hate is really suffocating, and no matter what you, I or anyone else says, they will always twist it to suit their agenda and find a way to blame the gays. At this point, there is no point in getting upset with people who are intentionally obtuse in such a way.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In other words, he's lost so he's retreating.

Got it.

Good.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
It's interesting that NOM has changed the way they do things.

NOM - - National Organization of Marriage. You would think by that title they would be involved in positive methods to promote healthy marriages and slow the divorce rate.

Nope! NOM was formed for one purpose only. STOP GAY MARRIAGE! It is their single purpose.

NOM got in trouble for some of the tactics they used (which landed them on the SPLC hate list).

Since then they have reorganized - - got more sophisticated - - and make 100% sure what they do meets with legal requirements.

So that they stay all "shiny and clean" - - - they created sub-groups to do their dirty work. Million Moms is one of their sub-groups.

Someone who apparently had a change of heart - - - "lifted" one of their training manuals and sent it to a pro-gay site.

Training states: NEVER use or refer to religion as a reason for being anti-gay. Religion is not a legitimate argument (thank you Prop8).

Always refer to: Traditional Family - - Family Values - - Protection of Children - - - etc etc.
Exactly. What is being done is a complete rebranding of the issue. Instead of making it a debate about religion, make it about families. Make it about children. Make it about society. Make it about being PRO-STRAIGHT and PRO-TRADITION. So from shifting things from being anti-gay to be pro-straight, they have done a better job of marketing themselves as a group that really is simply standing up for traditional, conservative values. And with that, they have done a better job at achieving their number one goal: Painting themselves as victims.

At the end of the day, the agenda is still the same. Make it so that they look like victims, and that they're under attack, that society is under attack, family is under attack, marriage is under attack. But they're doing it smarter. Now you have people who think it's the gays who are bullies, who are the bad guys. That's exactly what they want. Ultimately, it's all about doing whatever it takes to destroy the gay community. That is what makes them evil. And that is why Dan Cathy's support of this hate group cannot be condoned.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So being pro-straight and pro-tradition is inherently anti-gay.

Just remember folks, he defines everything out there that has nothing to do with actively opposing homosexuality as anti-gay. And that's ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING with absolutely NO MIDDLE GROUND.

Sad to say.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

In other words, he's lost so he's retreating.

Got it.

Good.

I certainly haven't lost anything whatsoever. I'm not anti-gay, so in a debate with anti-gays, there will only be one winner. But, I'm also not so immature that I would frame a debate as a win or lose situation, as if it's some accomplishment. That's as pathetic as it gets. Because ultimately, if you care that much about what other people think, then you are in for a rough life.

I'm tired of the ignorance and hate and I don't want to keep saying the same things over and over to people who refuse to get it. So, if you want to think you've won, go ahead. Congrats. Keep on calling gays bullies. Keep on saying it's perfectly legitimate to be against homosexuality. Keep on defending the promotion and funding of hate groups. I'm tired of talking to people I don't want to associate with. Honestly, it's as much disgust as it is tiredness, too. You people disgust me morally, so I'll just exit and allow the venom to keep flowing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights

Then stop posting. Everytime you post it proves you a liar.

And you already have made this entire thing a combative argument with your crap.

edit on 3-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So being pro-straight and pro-tradition is inherently anti-gay.

Just remember folks, he defines everything out there that has nothing to do with actively opposing homosexuality as anti-gay. And that's ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING with absolutely NO MIDDLE GROUND.

Sad to say.
There isn't any middle ground in regards to human rights. This is where you and I will keep butting heads. You think it's perfectly acceptable to be anti-gay, and then you also feel it's somehow discrimination to criticize those who feel this way. Why would anyone feel it's necessary to be pro-straight or pro-traditional marriage, as if these two things are under attack? As if somehow these two things are not receiving necessary support?

I'm very much pro-straight and pro-traditional marriage. But I am also pro-gay too. Ultimately, I'm pro-human. And you sure don't see many of the pro-straight, pro-traditional marriage culture warriors take pro-gay positions. That's the difference. You don't see gay people, or pro-gay straight people, going out of their way to attack and destroy traditional marriage, heterosexuality. You don't see gay people going out of their way to condemn straight people. You can be pro-straight and pro-gay, but with people like you, there is no middle ground.

But like I said, keep twisting things to suit your beliefs if that's what you need to do to feel better about yourself. And with that, I am officially out of here.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I certainly haven't lost anything whatsoever. I'm not anti-gay, so in a debate with anti-gays, there will only be one winner. But, I'm also not so immature that I would frame a debate as a win or lose situation, as if it's some accomplishment. That's as pathetic as it gets.

Welcome to ATS... where you have 13 pages of hate filled arguments with moronic bigots and when you're at the point where your head hurts from banging it against a brick wall and decide to leave, people think they have "beat" you.

Oh well.

Nothing will get resolved.... people will keep hating and rooting for the Anti-Gay owner of this establishment.

I wonder how many would be arguing if the owner of a business had come out and said he was Pro White-Power and was sad to see America in the state it is and as impure as it is now.

I wonder if people would still support him? And if he donated to Stormfront?

I mean, it's his right... isn't it? Freedom of speech and all that...

Let's eat chicken for the racist... YAY

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hey a calm reflective response. Nice.

OK heres the deal. Guys are basing their gaydar not off of some sterotpyes such as lisps or interest in fashion or even macro gestures. We are basing those conclusions off of our ability to read subconscious generated behavior. Yep women are better at it than guys in general. But women also tend to look too deep into it sometimes and come up with the wrong conclusions. For instance if a guy isn't interested in the women and the women is hot. It may be because the guy is just not interested in her or even in chasing after women at the moment. I've been in stages of my life where I was too focused on work. Women were the last thing on my mind. In return a lot of women got the vibe I wasn't some sorta creep trying to get into their pants and befriended me. Lots of really hot women. Once I came around again and was down to start dating again because I could actually spare time for dating and interest in women, some of them thought that because I was friends with them and not tying to date them that I could maybe be confused. Nope not confused just not interested in dating some girl who is my friend who I already know too much about and frankly wasn't impressed with in a romantic way. So women like men can sometimes get the whole gaydar thing wrong. But not in general. It's usually very accurate.

Guys also have a legit reason to biologically possess gaydar other than for the reasons women do (to find a mate) back in the day and even now. we still need to be able to depend on the guy next to us to help us hunt, fight off animals survive the wild. If we get the feeling the other guy isn't up to the challenge because other things interest him like whats going on in the female sector that normal doesn't concern men. then yeah he might want to be able to identify such a person before they go out on the hunt with them. It's not always about being gay either. For instance plenty of men will chose the gay guy to go help them hunt e big game to bring back to the tribe to eat if they feel they are up to the task. Ultimately guys don't care what you are as long as you can keep up and help hem get the job done.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

At the end of the day, the agenda is still the same. Make it so that they look like victims, and that they're under attack, that society is under attack, family is under attack, marriage is under attack. But they're doing it smarter. Now you have people who think it's the gays who are bullies, who are the bad guys. That's exactly what they want. Ultimately, it's all about doing whatever it takes to destroy the gay community. That is what makes them evil. And that is why Dan Cathy's support of this hate group cannot be condoned.

That's right. I've been following this for a long time.

Ya know what really happened in CA in regards to the gay marriage vote was a propaganda media blitz paid for by the Mormon church with mostly out of state money.

Most people didn't care that much. A week before the vote - - - a multi-million dollar all-media blitz - - - that was focused majorly on black and Hispanic mothers of school age children - - - telling them this would lead to homosexuality being taught in schools. So of course - - they panic thinking they are protecting their children.

These people are very very manipulative.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Regarding DADT, first of all, same-sex spouses are not entitled to survivor benefits, are not entitled to medical benefits, and are not able to make any decisions regarding things such as funeral services in case their partner dies in combat. In fact, the spouse legally is not obligated to be contacted.

Everything you just said comes under gay marriage ... not DADT. I said give us a laundry list of laws that discriminate against homosexuals simply because they are homosexual.

FALSE. In 26 states, sexual orientation is not protected in those states' constitutions.

Tell me why it needs to be. Show me examples of people not being able to get housing based upon their sexual orientation. You only said 'CAN BE' denied ... you didnt' say that they were.

As well, regarding private schools which are usually religious in nature, they legally can deny children of same-sex parents.

Church schools can deny anyone they want for any reason they want. No law can change that.
They are privately owned and privately run. A Catholic school can deny a jewish person entrance.
A Jewish school can deny a Muslim. If you don't follow their religion or their rules, then they can
deny you. That's the whole point of a church based school ... to teach children in an atmosphere
that is in harmony with their religious faith.

In states where sexual orientation is not a protected class, people can be fired for being gay. People can be denied jobs for being gay.

Can be .. can be .... show me how it happens and why gay people need a 'special protection' class.

Same-sex couples can be denied transportation in these states,

Buses, taxis, trains, airplanes .. they can deny ANYONE who shows public displays of affection. It's not a 'gay thing' .. it's a public display of affection thing. No one wants to see two people going at it .. straight or gay.

Businesses can deny business towards the gay cause.

Can deny, can deny ... Privately owned business' can deny service to whomever they want. it's their right.

Hate crime laws are not recognized in roughly half the states in America. Meaning if a man is gay bashed in lets say.............Arkansas, there is NO ability for the case to be designated as a hate crime.

So called 'hate crime' laws are ignorant. A crime is a crime. The gay person who is assaulted can press charges against the perp just like anyone else who is assaulted can.

Gay men cannot give blood

Gay men .. IV drug users ... people with autoimmune diseases ... people with low blood pressure ... etc etc. The 'no gay men donating blood' thing comes from the 80's and 90s when the HIV numbers were high and not much was known about AIDs and HIV. The CDC put that rule in place for a good eason. It is up to the government to decide if or when they think it should be lifted.

Same-sex spouses cannot sponsor their foreign partners due to DOMA.

Again .. that's a gay marriage issue. I said tell us something else besides gay marriage

I have NOTHING to prove to you.

Yes you do. You are on a chat forum mouthing off ... so you do indeed have to prove what you say. Otherwise, you are just blathering drivel.

The facts are at your disposal, it's called GOOGLE.

It's YOUR job to back up what you claim with facts. It's not my job to run around google.

Go educate yourself.

Go learn how to post on an internet forum.

I'm tired of talking to you.

That's YOUR problem. Not mine. I don't care.

There is no need for sexual orientation to be a 'protected class'.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I mean respecting me as a gay man.

I couldn't care less about who you have sex with. Why should I respect you more or less simply because of who you have as sex partners? That makes no sense.

. I have nothing I need to prove.

Actually you do.

Get over yourself.

Advice that you need to give yourself.

your defense of homophobia is repulsive.

I defend the constitutional right of people to believe whatever they wish, regardless of what I think of their beliefs. YOUR militant piss'n on the Constitution is repulsive.

Can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

Only in your dreams ...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There isn't any middle ground in regards to human rights.

Yes there is, but not with the way you define it. There are people who just disgree without being actively against something.

And you sure don't see many of the pro-straight, pro-traditional marriage culture warriors take pro-gay positions.

And they don't have to. This is where you and i will keep butting heads. It is you that is claiming that they have to be in support of your cause or they can only be anti gay. When you it that way, you've defined over hundred million people in America that really doesn't care one way or another and just want to be left alone to live their own lives as they see fit. This is where you come in. You claim they're either for you or against you, and don't give them any choice in the matter.

If you'd recognize the fact that people do have the right of association and don't have to be around you if they don't want to, then I wouldn't have any problems with you. Some people will not like you for different reasons, but you have such a limited point of view that you call them all homophobe and anti-gay. You claim they have to associate with you and can't say no to you. And you see nothing wrong with that.

In other words, you're making huge generalizations, and insulting lots of people based on those huge generalizations.

Some people are completely neutral and have no ill will towards you, something you can't seem to understand because you're so locked into your us versus them mentality.

But like I said, keep twisting things to suit your beliefs if that's what you need to do to feel better about yourself. And with that, I am officially out of here.

You're the one who has an us versus them mentality and are twisting anything that doesn't agree with you as anti-gay, which is further from the truth. And i doubt you're seriously officially out of here. If you're the troll i think you are, you're be responding soon. You can't help yourself. I'll be seeing you.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Homosexuality is already being taught in schools.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I certainly haven't lost anything whatsoever. I'm not anti-gay, so in a debate with anti-gays, there will only be one winner. But, I'm also not so immature that I would frame a debate as a win or lose situation, as if it's some accomplishment. That's as pathetic as it gets.

Welcome to ATS... where you have 13 pages of hate filled arguments with moronic bigots and when you're at the point where your head hurts from banging it against a brick wall and decide to leave, people think they have "beat" you.

Oh well.

Nothing will get resolved.... people will keep hating and rooting for the Anti-Gay owner of this establishment.

I wonder how many would be arguing if the owner of a business had come out and said he was Pro White-Power and was sad to see America in the state it is and as impure as it is now.

I wonder if people would still support him? And if he donated to Stormfront?

I mean, it's his right... isn't it? Freedom of speech and all that...

Let's eat chicken for the racist... YAY
I am DEFINITELY leaving now having read Flyers Fan's latest post, but I saw a couple responses I wanted to answer. And yeah, these people are a trip, aren't they, blupblup. I am honestly in awe. I mean, we're talking about people who literally say things like sexual orientation should not be a protected class. I honestly thought that people on this forum would be smarter than to think things like that.

You're right, though, nothing is going to be resolved and nothing will change. Notice how Flyers Fan asks for concrete facts regarding anti-gay discrimination, and then immediately she turns those facts against me as a means to justify her homophobia. These people will never be satisfied and they will always find a way to make themselves look like victims, be the ones in the right, and blame the gays for whatever they possibly can; it will always be the fault of gay people. Regardless of the circumstances, they will rally behind the person/group that is not gay. So really, it's like, whatever, I'll let them wave their bigot flag. Because we both know that we wouldn't see so much defending if this was a case of racism. But as is pretty much clear now, we're dealing with people who flat out don't view LGBT's as equal. It's a shame, but they're not worth you, I or anyone else getting upset about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm tired of the ignorance and hate ..

Doesn't seem like it. You keep pumping it out.

You people disgust me morally,

Then go away. If people who uphold the Constitution for everyone, not just those who we agree with, but for everyone 'disgusts you morally' .. then I feel pity for you. :shk:

There isn't any middle ground in regards to human rights.

And people have rights to believe what they wish.
And people have rights to answer questions about their faith.

You don't see gay people going out of their way to condemn straight people. .

Yes we do .. we are all looking at one right now.

No one here is a homophobe (or any of the other slurs you spit out) . Many of us who you have called 'homophobe' etc etc support gay marriage. But the fact is YOU do not support the rights of others even though you are screaming for 'equality' yourself (and have still failed to show exactly how .. outside of gay marriage .. the laws don't already protect people who are gay).

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yet more twisting of the things people say.

That guy couldn't be truthful if his life depended upon it.

EDIT:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I am DEFINITELY leaving now having read Flyers Fan's latest post,

Well goodie .. something positive has been accomplished!

we're talking about people who literally say things like sexual orientation should not be a protected class.

There is no reason for it to be. There is nothing special about people having sex. You failed to show why people need 'special protection' based upon who they have sex with. That's YOUR failure ...

Notice how Flyers Fan asks for concrete facts regarding anti-gay discrimination, and then immediately she turns those facts against me as a means to justify her homophobia.

Notice how crazydaysandnights IGNORES the fact that I'm not homophobic.
Notice how crazydaysandnights continues to call people names and deflect from the topic.
Notice how crazydaysandnights continues to pee all over the Constitution.
Notice how crazydaysandnights can't handle the fact that I was able to destroy all his claims.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join