Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"Tolerance" bully at Chic-fil-A

page: 14
23
<< 11  12  13   >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

At the end of the day, the agenda is still the same. Make it so that they look like victims, and that they're under attack, that society is under attack, family is under attack, marriage is under attack. But they're doing it smarter. Now you have people who think it's the gays who are bullies, who are the bad guys. That's exactly what they want. Ultimately, it's all about doing whatever it takes to destroy the gay community. That is what makes them evil. And that is why Dan Cathy's support of this hate group cannot be condoned.


That's right. I've been following this for a long time.

Ya know what really happened in CA in regards to the gay marriage vote was a propaganda media blitz paid for by the Mormon church with mostly out of state money.

Most people didn't care that much. A week before the vote - - - a multi-million dollar all-media blitz - - - that was focused majorly on black and Hispanic mothers of school age children - - - telling them this would lead to homosexuality being taught in schools. So of course - - they panic thinking they are protecting their children.

These people are very very manipulative.
This is the other post I saw I wanted to respond to. Annee, you're totally right as always. It's all about manipulation. It's all about control. We're even seeing it here with EvilSadamClone being disingenuous and saying that I am making this about either supporting our community or being anti-gay automatically. These people are fundamentally hypocritical. They lie, they cheat, they go out of their way to promote hate, but then point fingers.

With Prop 8, we got complacent. We had a 20 point advantage and thought we were in the clear. We didn't do our work. People in LA and San Francisco didn't even vote in heavy numbers. And the Mormons and hate groups swooped in and took advantage and left us high and dry without a response. You're exactly right in that the Mormons spent multi-million dollars, with help from NOM and the other hate groups, to propagate the typical anti-gay lies that LGBT's were going after their kids. Also they brought up the trans-issue regarding bathrooms. They said that if gay marriage were passed in California, that if you spoke out against it, you would be arrested for hate speech. That churches would be forced to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies. Citizens in rural and minority communities were the ones targeted because they tend to be more religious, more conservative, and conservatives tend to be lesser-informed voters.

Sadly, people bought the lies. Now in 2012 that people aren't buying those lies, they've moved the goalposts. As we see in this very thread. Not only are anti-gays manipulative, but they are intentionally obtuse and they will keep moving the goalposts to suit their agenda.




posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
how can you infer that the posters on this thread don't think that members of the GLBT community are less then equal. What you don't get is that we look at you as equal so much to the point that we don't believe you should get any special privileges or coddling. So welcome to being equal to everybody else.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaysandnights
 


Hey you're still here...


Often folks that don't get the result they want love to create a story to match the results they got.

So all that mormon money from out of state caused the majority of voters to "buy into the lies"?.


Bring back prop 8 (you actually can't) and lets vote on that again and you can see once again how even in a uber liberal state like Cali you cannot win the popular vote for gay marriage.



posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I agree that the mormon play near the end of the election cycle to vote for prop 8 was foul and nasty. However it was their right to voice their opinion. It's even their right to be manipulative. Heck if we took away that right what on earth would all the people in the commercial industry and media have to do for work. Its legal to put spin on things and it's their right to do so. I don't agree with the statements or methods used in that campaign by the mormon organization (the Watchtower).

However you can't blame them either for losing the prop 8 vote. You guys should have spent more money on a better publicist to have created a better campaign. Especially when you guys saw the mormon ads coming out. You guys got flat footed, overconfident and lost that PR battle. Don't blame the mormons on that one.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by truejew
 


Which Christian Church? There are over 13,000 of them.



The one that began around 2,000 years ago. There is only one.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I agree that the mormon play near the end of the election cycle to vote for prop 8 was foul and nasty. However it was their right to voice their opinion.


It had nothing to do with their opinion.

They were found guilty in court for bringing in out of state funding.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaysandnights

With Prop 8, we got complacent. We had a 20 point advantage and thought we were in the clear. We didn't do our work. People in LA and San Francisco didn't even vote in heavy numbers.


You certainly know your stuff. I'm aware of this side too.

The thing is People are People. Not all people are political or even interested in political issues (even when its to their benefit). They think - - the other guy can do it. Gays are not a group think.

But - - CA was definitely a wake up call to the rest of the states. Now it may be CA's loss that take it all the way.


Sadly, people bought the lies. Now in 2012 that people aren't buying those lies, they've moved the goalposts. As we see in this very thread. Not only are anti-gays manipulative, but they are intentionally obtuse and they will keep moving the goalposts to suit their agenda.


Absolutely! I've noticed a significant positive shift in LGBTQ support the last 5 years. Even here on ATS.

Which means the opposition has to step up their game.

How does a person live with so much hate in them? Oh - I know they live for their values and protection of family.

As said prior - - I am old enough to have experienced the Civil Rights Movement - - - and how those people of the past are looked at today.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
reply to post by crazydaysandnights
 


Hey you're still here...


Often folks that don't get the result they want love to create a story to match the results they got.


Crazydaysandnights - - - speaks factual truth.

You are on the side of make believe.



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Never passed a popular vote. Regardless of the reasons. Another chance coming up in CA with sb48 to see how it's going. What the gay community wants is impossible to achieve and that is total acceptance. It's not cool but it is also a fact.



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
reply to post by Annee
 


Never passed a popular vote. Regardless of the reasons. Another chance coming up in CA with sb48 to see how it's going. What the gay community wants is impossible to achieve and that is total acceptance. It's not cool but it is also a fact.



Yes - - I know - - majority voting on the rights of a minority. Isn't there something in the Constitution about that?

On - - Right! Marriage is a State Right. Why? Pure discrimination. Marriage rights were given to state for the purpose of keeping undesirables out of their community.

Equal Rights will win out. Marriage will become a Federal Right for everyone. May take a few more years - - but it will happen.

When I was in grade school - - the only women I remember in the history books was Betsy Ross. Don't remember any blacks except Uncle Remus. Never heard of any religion but Christianity.

Religion definitely interferes with progress - - but we still progress.

.



#1 cause of anti-gay rights? Religion. We are a secular government.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dont know if it was posted prior but looks like he posted an apology to rachel the drive through lady.

www.youtube.com...



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's the embed:



That's some apology, and personally I think it's bullcrap.

But my ultimate favorite part where he says he got angry because Chick Fill A had a lot of supporters and he just couldn't handle it.

In other words he just couldn't handle the fact that not everyone thought just like him.

Here's a newsflash buddy: WE DON'T ALL THINK ALIKE!

And it really shouldn't matter what another person thinks or believes, it's none of your business.

Do what thou wilt, at no harm to others, shall be the whole of the law.



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
n/m
edit on 7-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


It never should have been put to vote, it never should be put to vote. There is no reason for the government to get into this in the way they are. Let them have their rights as everyone else does. Not sure how keeping them from having the rights will keep them from doing what a person disagrees with. I never recall Jesus forcing people to stop doing things that are against God nor do I recall Him wanting government laws passed against it either. Everyone has the right to do whatever.

As I have said all along let's get rid of the idea of people getting married and call all of it civil unions. If they want a marriage by name they can find a religious leader who will do the marriage (this goes for gay or straight does not matter) and then they can have a marriage by name. The government though should only recognize civil union and marriage by the religious organizations. Yes I understand that marriage is not a religious term, but a large percentage see it as such and if we go back to the basics of what marriage originally was it was man and woman where she was his property.

As for not everyone accepting others that is true. If people do not like me or what I do or believe screw them it will not keep me from being me and doing my thing. I do not need peoples acceptance to live my life.

Raist



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Here's the embed:



That's some apology, and personally I think it's bullcrap.

But my ultimate favorite part where he says he got angry because Chick Fill A had a lot of supporters and he just couldn't handle it.

In other words he just couldn't handle the fact that not everyone thought just like him.

Here's a newsflash buddy: WE DON'T ALL THINK ALIKE!

And it really shouldn't matter what another person thinks or believes, it's none of your business.

Do what thou wilt, at no harm to others, shall be the whole of the law.



That appology means absolutley nothing, he is just trying to save face online, this retard can take the time out of his day to harass someone who is just trying to hold a job in these desperate times but he can't even man-up and appologize to the girl in person?



posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans
 



I doubt he would apologize to her willingly on his own if he hadn't lost his job and a lot of people called him a jerk.

People like him never truly apologize for doing things like this because they always think they are right and fully justified. They will only apologize if pressured to do so, and even then it'll be a half-arsed way, like the guy in the video did.

edit on 7-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


It never should have been put to vote, it never should be put to vote. There is no reason for the government to get into this in the way they are. Let them have their rights as everyone else does. Not sure how keeping them from having the rights will keep them from doing what a person disagrees with. I never recall Jesus forcing people to stop doing things that are against God nor do I recall Him wanting government laws passed against it either. Everyone has the right to do whatever.

As I have said all along let's get rid of the idea of people getting married and call all of it civil unions. If they want a marriage by name they can find a religious leader who will do the marriage (this goes for gay or straight does not matter) and then they can have a marriage by name. The government though should only recognize civil union and marriage by the religious organizations. Yes I understand that marriage is not a religious term, but a large percentage see it as such and if we go back to the basics of what marriage originally was it was man and woman where she was his property.

As for not everyone accepting others that is true. If people do not like me or what I do or believe screw them it will not keep me from being me and doing my thing. I do not need peoples acceptance to live my life.

Raist


You might be surprised to know that i agree with you. I don't really care personally about Gay marriage and my point is that society as a whole will continue to reject it even though tolerance is more prevalent. I just don't believe that ends it. You are secure in your beliefs and self and thumbs up for you. My experience tells me that there will be a new front to push acceptance after the gay marriage issue is put to bed because a vast majority in the gay community are bitter wanting to force society to accept them. I may be off but that's the way I see the "agenda".



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Here's the embed:



That's some apology, and personally I think it's bullcrap.

But my ultimate favorite part where he says he got angry because Chick Fill A had a lot of supporters and he just couldn't handle it.

In other words he just couldn't handle the fact that not everyone thought just like him.

Here's a newsflash buddy: WE DON'T ALL THINK ALIKE!

And it really shouldn't matter what another person thinks or believes, it's none of your business.

Do what thou wilt, at no harm to others, shall be the whole of the law.



That appology means absolutley nothing, he is just trying to save face online, this retard can take the time out of his day to harass someone who is just trying to hold a job in these desperate times but he can't even man-up and appologize to the girl in person?


From what I understand he did try to go apologize and was rebuffed. Understandably so. Rachel has since forgiven him and I posted the vid here.
ATS



posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another
 


Well I thank you for agreeing with me, I really do. It seems my idea has been shot down more by the gay rights side than by the other side.

I cannot say I got the idea all by myself. I have discussed this with a gay friend and my wife a fellow student who is gay agreed to the idea as well. My wife is at the very least bisexual with a preference for women and she agrees with the idea as well.

I have been accused of not knowing or understanding the LGBT side by some because I am a straight male who is or at least tries to be Christian. Those who say that are wrong. I have had numerous gay friends and after finding out they were gay loved them even more, because I did not feel threatened by them. I have been to the gay bars to visit them and got hit on my some drag queens which bummed my wife because everyone thought she was straight and I was gay LOL.

There is no way this should have been ever put to vote though. The government needs to stay out of it and others need to understand people will do what they want regardless of our personal feelings. So, me telling them they cannot be a couple will not stop them.

Raist





new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 11  12  13   >>

log in

join