It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got some bad news.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A few people on ATS already know that I have been fighting a Brain tumor for the last 10 years, but today I received news that my tumour was active again and the scans had shown a small growth in the size. About 3 weeks ago I had quite a severe seizure, it had come as a big shock , as I had been feeling extremely well for the past 2 years.

I put the seizure down to the fact I had come off my anti convulsant medication, without informing my doctors and weening myself off them. But it seems the scan has shown some regrowth.

I was told that surgeons have been taking a look and want me to have a few scans over the next few weeks, to assertain how safe it is to operate. It is in a position close to the areas that control the legs and arms and this will be my third surgery making things more dangerous.

I dont know what to do with myself, I feel totally numb. I really thought It was going all down to me not taking my pills.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have seen some really positive results with turmeric/curcumin....also I saw a video where a lady shrunk her tumors by juicing hemp leaves..I would do this if I were in the same position..Good luck and sorry to hear this, my neighbor has a brain tumor and she was diagnosed over 10 years ago, she is doing really well, I would have never known it if she hadnt told me........ hopes and prayers for you..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your bad news.

I hope things can improve somehow, and wish you the best for a good outcome eventually.

I don't know what else to say, except hang in there, and try not to let the news get you too down .

We all need to try and soak up as much happiness from life as we can, while we still have the chance, no matter what the odds are that we may be facing.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I dont know what to say but I feel compelled to send a message of encouragement.

I dont know much about the world but one thing I do know is that for whatever reason these atoms combined in such a way as to create a living and breathing individual. We have the ability to experience a spectrum of emotions everyday and to that we should all be eternally thankful. I am sorry you have to deal with this news but try to concentrate on the experience as if there is something else monitoring your actions as you make them. Not a judging force by any means but almost as if you were a finger on a hand that is exploring the existence around you. Be sharp and see keenly through in your search.

Be well and I wish you the best.

-Underduck

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hello.....I'm so sorry that you have received some scary news.
I too have been dealing with health problems and tests....and it can make you feel really alone.
There is probably nothing I can say to help you feel better.....but I am sending you *love* and healing thoughts, and I'm sure many others here will too.
As for the "numb" feeling, I know it all too well. The only thing that really works for me is....distraction. Maybe you can immerse yourself in a funny movie.....I have my favourites that I watch when I just need to escape for a while.
I really hope everything turns out well for you friend.
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Yes, a distraction is what I need, I'm going to engross myself in the Olympics. There is nothing I can do now. I am ready for the fight I have fought it for the best part of 10 years , not about to give up now, just feel like Ive been punched in the stomach.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Keep Up The Fight!
Never surrender!
Every day won is a day more!

Really.
And if you feel like trying some "natural" herbs, do it. But don't neglect the scientific methods instead, please!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
New here and would like to say Very Sorry to hear the news. I know the feeling also, just try to remember that YOU can never be alone unless you want too! Take Care!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

My heart goes out to you. I hope and pray that a complete healing will take place. I am glad you shared this with all of us...so we can send positive healing thoughts your way.

I am thinking too; in the past you came through surgeries etc. and they were successful; which I think is a good indication of your future.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks, I could do with all the positive thoughts i can get at the moment. I am lucky in that the tumour is quite close to the skull and not embedded in the brain. I need to find out what my options are. In a way I would like to have chemo before surgery, will wait and see,

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That truly sucks, man. I have no words, but wishing you every frickin' miracle possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My thoughts are with you hun....I'm hoping once the shock of this news wears off a little, all the fight you still have will surface again, and you will see a way out of the panic I'm sure you must be feeling.... damn sure I would be in your shoes.

Not that I've had anything this serious to deal with myself... but please... investigate every possible cure or solution you can, conventional, complimentary, dietary, hippy, witchy, any weird thing that may work, or even just makes you feel better and stronger to cope with recovery. The solution you need might come from the strangest angle, and maybe a combination of things that you didn't expect. The turmeric cancer cure mentioned by another poster has a lot of history and information out there, and perhaps is worth looking at.

I wish you the best, I'm sending you love too, and I know you will find what you need.... please keep us posted on your progress.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hey mate, not good.... but you've fought it so far so just keep doing whatever it is you've been doing.

And enjoy the Olympics

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

There is nothing worse than the dreaded "bad" test result. I would be numb too, and I hope that you do find some much needed distractions. Life is different when one has to live with cancer, as many people think that everyone can be cured, but many of us just have to learn to live with it.

I will be hoping that it can be cleared up with chemo, and you have made it through before, which can not have been easy. Sending positive thoughts your way.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'm really sorry you are having to go through this again...but I have every confidence in your ability to overcome it.

All power to you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks to all the posts. It actually helped me a lot just typing it out. There's a long road ahead so now is not the time to feel sorry for myself, but prepare myself.

This wasn't the way this day was meant to end. this wasn't the thread I wanted to be posting.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that. But give the Doc's a chance to impress you. I have seen some amazing things in the last few years in regards to tumors and cancer. Medicine and technology are exploding with new techniques and treatments.

In the mean time, might I suggest a pint of porter while watching the sun set over the ocean.

I am not sure what it cures, but every time I have done it, I felt better.

God bless. Prayers your way.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

i'm not for a second going to pretend that i know anything about cancer but i've recently found out some things that may or may not help you, i just don't want to give you any false hope...

laetrile is said to help cure cancer, it is b17 and can be found in apricot kernels, among other things, there is an argument that if you eat too many apricot kernels you can give yourself cyanide poisoning although i'm not sure about how true that is, but i'd recommend you have a look into it for yourself, that is if you haven't already,

another thing that might be worth you looking into is the acidity level of your body as cancers seem to strive in a body that is too acidic, there is a whole mountain of info online that should be able to help you telling you the types of foods to eat that are alkaline.

take care of yourself,

Lyn

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Man that's some heavy news, and I am sorry you have to deal with this. Maybe do some googling on successful cases for some good reads and encouragement. I found a couple of good ones, one regarding a new medication and another giving details hope and approach for a successful outcome from someone that has gone thru it.
www.wchstv.com...
www.brainstormwebs.com...

Other than that, sending prayers and hope your way ...

spec

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join