It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve and Jekyll Island story EXPOSED on Mainstream Media!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Short of a 2 x 4 upside the top of the head most people WON'T look and I hate to bring them such sad tidings, but that 2 x 4 is swinging at them. Unfortunately it won't miss the heads of people who saw it coming and tried to warn them to duck. The know nothings will throw the warners in its path to protect their own empty heads.

I'm so sick of it that I'm just darned happy to be old and on my way out by whatever means.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Definitely an interesting video. Does anyone have any specific contentions with the info conveyed in the video, or just that it's a fox affiliate?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Definitely an interesting video. Does anyone have any specific contentions with the info conveyed in the video, or just that it's a fox affiliate?

^^^ what he said.

Members of ATS like to be skeptical just to be able to say they're always skeptical, even when they have done absolutely no research on the subject. They always think they're the first to 'stick it to the man' by always inferring that everything is 'controlled opposition'.

The ignorance we strive to deny is always readily available, apparently.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The little boy who cried wolf springs to mind.

Fox news has been caught lying too often, anything they report is filtered. If MSM wanted this info out then it was done for a reason IMO.

Have they reported on the criminal Rothchilds and Rockerfellers amd Morgans? Nope, untill then I dont believe a word anymore. Just my feelings.

I have an idea, why don't YOU put your money where your mouth is and get a journalism job, gather hard evidence and go after your criminal elites? Oh wait...I spoke too soon, we're on the internet where the bark is definitely bigger than the bite.

So much for little boys who cry wolf...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

A LOT of people dont understand what an affiliate station is. Many local 'fox' affiliates have done some great reporting around the country.

On Topic: Anyone know anything about the book he is mentioning? I'm interested in it, but imagine it might be tough to find at a local bookstore (not going to order it on amazon)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

A LOT of people dont understand what an affiliate station is. Many local 'fox' affiliates have done some great reporting around the country.

On Topic: Anyone know anything about the book he is mentioning? I'm interested in it, but imagine it might be tough to find at a local bookstore (not going to order it on amazon)

This book is the one that got people interested in what the FED really was, this book more or less started it all. It has also made Edward G. Griffin a name staple with the anti-FED, anti-establishment, Alex Jones / Ron Paul-type people.

This may be a free ebook:
www.thevenusproject.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
S&F

The book is available here in multiple formats including EPUB and PDF:
archive.org...

Description from above site:

Griffin enrolled in the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado, and became a Certified Financial Planner in 1989. He described the U.S. money system in his 1993 movie and 1994 book on the Federal Reserve System, The Creature from Jekyll Island. This popular book has been a business bestseller; it has been reprinted in Japanese, 2005, and German, 2006. The book also influenced Ron Paul during the writing of a chapter on money and the Federal Reserve in Paul's New York Times number-one bestseller, The Revolution: A Manifesto, which recommended Griffin's book on its "Reading List for a Free and Prosperous America".

The title refers to the November 1910 meeting at Jekyll Island, Georgia, of seven bankers and economic policymakers, who represented the financial elite of the Western world. The meeting was recounted by Forbes founder B. C. Forbes in 1916, and recalled by participant Frank Vanderlip as "the actual conception of what eventually became the Federal Reserve System". Griffin states that participant Paul Warburg describes the Jekyll Island meeting as "this most interesting conference concerning which Senator Aldrich pledged all participants to secrecy".

Griffin's work stresses the point which Federal Reserve chair Marriner Eccles made in Congressional testimony in 1941: "If there were no debts in our money system, there wouldn't be any money." Griffin advocates against the debt-based fiat money system on several grounds, stating that it devours individual prosperity through inflation and it is used to perpetuate war. He also described a framework of central bankers underwriting both sides of an ongoing war or revolution. Griffin says that the United Nations, the Council on Foreign Relations, and the World Bank are working to destroy American sovereignty through a system of world military and financial control, and he advocates for United States withdrawal from the United Nations.

Edward Flaherty, an academic economist, characterized Griffin's description of the secret meeting on Jekyll Island as "conspiratorial", "amateurish", and "suspect". Griffin's response was that Flaherty had miscategorized the book with other publications and had labeled all criticisms of the Federal Reserve as the results of conspiracy theory.

Griffin's advocation of a free-market, private-money system superior to the Fed caused economist Bernard von NotHaus to deploy such a system in 1998. Griffin states that von NotHaus's private silver certificates, known as Liberty Dollars, are "real money".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

While you're focusing on the fact that someone left some bread out on the table, we're all discovering penicillin.

Excellent job, OP. The more people that know this, the better. It's very telling, though, that Harry Reid, the Senate Democrat leader, won't allow a vote on it. It's also very telling that Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, Henry Waxman, Charles Rangel, and John Conyers vote "NAY" in the house.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by Sly1one

It's very telling, though, that Harry Reid, the Senate Democrat leader, won't allow a vote on it.

Indeed. Especially considering, as the video points out, that he has spent years and years calling for an audit.

Why the switch, harry?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I strongly suspect that this guy is going to end up accidentally, brutally stabbing himself in the stomach whilst shaving... Or possibly accidentally, brutally cutting of his head whilst combing his hair...

Good on him for pointing out the blatant thievery going on by the mega-banks... Sadly, it won't do much good.... People will see this and feel angry and say "it's not right!, something should be done" and then go back to oogling barely legal foreign gymnasts in tight pants....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Excellent post OP! F&S
Ben Swann has been doing incredible work with these segments he has been enlightening people.I think he should have his own show.I have seen the howls of "controlled opposition."despite the fact that he's really one of the few reporters on a major news network who is reporting on the Fed and other subjects.He has even posted Harry Reid's office and fax numbers since he announced he would not put the Audit Bill on the calendar.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by justfrank
reply to post by Sly1one

I believe the point you are pushing is as simple as, "if I don't like you your'e not riding in my car".
Fox only has to say no to airing this guy, yet they allow his material on their airspace.
This makes me suspicious as well.

It's not Fox airspace. It is Raycom's space. They are just an affiliate of Fox so they can bring you the Simpsons, NFC football games and the like before/after their own news and advertising.
edit on 1-8-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
At last a station is putting real meat on the table. Something that has be talked about for yonks on the internet, is creeping into the gogglebox, and with a direct challenge for people to stand up against the real conspiracies of the bankers. Audit the Fed, and make them pay if there is something amiss, it's also the biggest chance with new legislation to give back the power to the POTUS that it should have in fiscal affairs, and probably by being able to do so, real power in most other affairs.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Sly1one

I'm not debating Ben Swann's work but the fact that apparently FOX approves of it and is allowing it to be aired on their stations...and that's not even really a debate as it is something I'm just curious and skeptical about.
Well over the years I've noticed that the smaller affiliate networks tend to produce a lot of amazingly unfiltered content, it's not just Ben Swann. I've seen it before on several smaller FOX affiliate channels where they appear to be allowed to speak much more openly and directly without some overlord dictating what they can and cannot say. It's 100% clear that Ben is railing against the puppet masters, I've seen more than enough of his work to convince me of that, but I don't particularly think there's any agenda here, I just think they have less control over what they can stop him from saying. If he goes too far then they probably will pull him off the air, just like Judge Napolitano.
edit on 1/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

What's interesting to to me is that as Merdock is stepping down over the hacking scandal that the fed issue is comming forfront in the news and fox affiliates are presenting the info first hand.

What it tells me as an objective observeris the gloves are coming off and our msn may finaly begin to print the truth!
edit on 1-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

that FOX logo at the bottom kinda sold me...I guess it should say RAYCOM then...if their only affiliated then why is it apparently a FOX channel playing his material? Somewhere someone at FOX said, yea lets air this guy...unless you think a propaganda machine like FOX isn't paying attention to who their putting on the air and what their message is...

edit to add: im not debating the validity of what he is presenting/saying. I am just skeptical of why this is hitting the airwaves as previously it was put away in a dark closet. I'm not debating Ben Swann's work but the fact that apparently FOX approves of it and is allowing it to be aired on their stations...and that's not even really a debate as it is something I'm just curious and skeptical about.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

I'm not a great FOX fan, either, but I've found on several occasions that I'm sort of stuck using their videos, so I had to ask myself "Why?" And the only answer I came up with is that the others (NBC, ABC, CBS) simply aren't allowing some truths to come out.
Can you think of any other reason those networks wouldn't allow this video other than the suppression of truth to which the American public is entitled to know? Because, sadly, I cannot.

All that said, after the past few years of trying to stomach an occasional peek at all the major mainstream media channels, I absolutely do not believe that one is any more biased than another. ABC, CBS and NBC are just as much 'propaganda machines' as FOX is. I see Rachel Maddow and Mr. Tingle-Down-the-Leg (can't remember his name right now) as every bit offensive as Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly - none of them are willing to listen to ANY viewpoint but their own. Not a one of them! It's sickening that these are what pass as political commentators these days.

I believe FOX is willing to sell more airtime to others such as Swann and that's why a few truly informative issues make it to FOX instead of the others.

Keeping matters on topic, I'm grateful that this man had the guts to speak up and, yes, I'm grateful that FOX sold airtime to RAYCOM because, frankly, SOMEONE needed to do it! The public MUST be made aware!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Another hardcore dose of truth from the one man on television willing to expose the true extent of the corruption this world is facing. I applaud him and all he does to awaken the sleeping masses and bring them important information they don't take the time to find themselves. I'm just concerned for his safety. He keeps pushing the limits every time he releases a new Reality Check segment. Eventually he's going to go a step too far and someone will demand he be silenced.
Ummm............Actually, we can all thank (Oh my gosh) "Glenn Beck" for exposing this two years ago on his show. I know, I know, you couldn't watch it and listen to all those chalkboard squeaks. I'll leave the following space open for all the childish vitriol______________________________________

YouSir

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Has anyone considered the angle the quicker we get rid of the fed the quicker the the fed note goes and we get a cashless society or the amero?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Another hardcore dose of truth from the one man on television willing to expose the true extent of the corruption this world is facing. I applaud him and all he does to awaken the sleeping masses and bring them important information they don't take the time to find themselves. I'm just concerned for his safety. He keeps pushing the limits every time he releases a new Reality Check segment. Eventually he's going to go a step too far and someone will demand he be silenced.
Ummm............Actually, we can all thank (Oh my gosh) "Glenn Beck" for exposing this two years ago on his show. I know, I know, you couldn't watch it and listen to all those chalkboard squeaks. I'll leave the following space open for all the childish vitriol______________________________________

YouSir

Yes this one here,

www.youtube.com...
and then he got bumped sideways, so no childish vitriol from me. My summary is that it was a monopoly from the start, something we can all understand, and has never, ever changed, all about big money.
edit on 1-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Sly1one

Has anyone considered the angle the quicker we get rid of the fed the quicker the the fed note goes and we get a cashless society or the amero?

On the contrary, control the Fed, watch them like a Hawk make them pay for any inconsiderations, (like builders not on time have to do) they are not used to stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Sly1one

I agree.
Have we learnt nothing? If you really understand the power these people have, then you will also know that nothing happens without their all powerful hand moving the chess pieces. This push to now demonise the Fed must have an underlying agenda. I can't help but get the feeling we are always being played, even with this apparent good news. Is it not obvious we are being herded towards an economic collapse, & in the depths of that chaos will come the "rescue plan" from which will manifest the new world financial system? Does anyone really think these same old money puppet masters will just retire into the background & allow humanity to go forth into a bright new future? Nope, not going to happen. This is part of the plan to get us too cheer on victoriously the new phase of their ultimate world control agenda. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join