It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Help, I Dug this. up... [HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Good find, you totally nailed it !

Time for the hoax bin yet ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Good job Druscilla, I was looking for it too. LOL.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

It looks resin to me...and so shallow...I call foul on this my friend and me thinks you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Here: it's a novelty skull sold at Spencer's Stores:

Wolfman Skull

Look familiar?
YUP.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I'd say ATS comes through again! That looks like a dead on match to me! OP says it feels odd for weight, but that has to be injection molded or something. They could use different materials? Weight? I dunno...

I have to say the ridge details and everything else may as well be set for an overlapping comparison. A couple front teeth didn't seem to survive it's adventure in the garden, but the rest is the novelty product alright! That was a quick hunt and ID. nice.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Move along, people…nothing to see here. If it’s not a fake then the OP simply uncovered the skull of an Ogre. It happens all the time when gardening in Nottingham.

edit on 28-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Go Druscilla! Star to you. It is an exact match. I admit I was scrambling to figure out what it could be in the real world, and was coming up short - now I know why. I guess I'm not often in the market for novelty items. Looks like a halloween leftover from the garden, or planted there as a joke - who knows, the former owner might have used it as a creepy garden decoration, or decided to leave a surprise for whomever might own it in the future.

*sigh* I confess the anthro/zoologist in me is disappointed...

And OP - don't feel bad - it would have freaked me out too...

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

Personal Disclosure:
I concur ... that does look like an exact match!

P.S. I have made an alert asking this thread be moved to haox forum!

@the OP ... I hope you were sincere
... as I found you to be sincere
... but looks can be decieving!

@anybody else ... NO I WONT REMOVE MY FLAG! :shk:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Good match Druscilla - Kudos.

And as a Halloween decoration - it could have been missed.

But the owner said he'd been there 25 years - wouldn't the homeowner remember their own Halloween decorations?

And if his or her house is "remote" - as is mine - there's not much of a reason to decorate highly for Halloween as we usually get zero to two carloads of kids trick-or-treating.

So, I'm back to the gorilla idea and that a gorilla skull may have been used to make the casting for the Halloween decoration?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Time for the hoax bin yet ?

Well. I don't think it was intentional. I've been to the OP's profile page and he doesn't seem the type to get all hoaxy...

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well guys... this IS skunk works. Asshattery is allowed.

link   
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS GARBAGE???

Its obvious from the very first post its a fake skull and the guy is pulling an incredibly lame and half assed hoax. Why would you take pictures of yourself digging it up for one? You see a tan colored something in your garden and you somehow just know its a skull and went to grab a camera right?
Now look at the skull. JUST LOOK AT IT. How could anyone think that it real? Not only that, druscilla has find an exact match to a FAKE skull being sold online PROVING that this is fake and people are still arguing it could be real...
Between this thread and american politics I've completely lost my faith in humanity. I can't even articulate it into words I just want to scream cuss words at all of you.

Sigh

edit on 7/28/2012 by PlausibleDeniability because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by seabag

i dont actually live in notts anymore. im in rendalsham, suffolk....nice ogre pic tho

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability

Its obvious from the very first post its a fake skull and the guy is pulling an incredibly lame and half assed hoax. Why would you take pictures of yourself digging it up for one? You see a tan colored something in your garden and you somehow just know its a skull and went to grab a camera right?
Now look at the skull. JUST LOOK AT IT. How could anyone think that it real? Not only that, druscilla has find an exact match to a FAKE skull being sold online PROVING that this is fake and people are still arguing it could be real...
Between this thread and american politics I've completely lost my faith in humanity. I can't even articulate it into words I just want to scream cuss words at all of you.

Sigh

Got to look at the positives in life. most of the people on here didn't believe it for a second, i know i didn't. American politics though , yeah that is something to despair about.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why would anyone take pictures while they are digging it up, especially since they don't know what it is yet. Seemed like a hoax right from the start. we have a lot of smart people here cuz this was debunked in no-time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes, this novelty wolfman skull hasn't been around for 25 years.
Wolfman Skull (for those who missed it)

Note on the page linked, the item is currently unavailable.
If you google "scary wolfman skull", you may find other sites selling the same novelty item, but, you'll see where there also the item is sold out, or listed as no longer available.

Such could be likely that this item is seasonal. It could, however, also be that this item was only sold for a very brief run of castings and is no longer in manufacture.

Since the item hasn't been around for 25 years and is a fairly recent novelty item, the question remains; How did it get buried in the OP's garden?
Is the OP taking the piss with us? or did someone think to try hoaxing the OP and this thread is the result?

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability

Sigh

Do I sense a new "rant" post??? Go for it, PlausibleD!!! I'm sure you'd find like minded souls. And please don't yell at all of us; in seeking the truth, well intentioned folk must wade through a bunch of dirt and fake skulls sometimes, no?

peace,
AB

(PS - love the avatar - JS is my favorite "news" provider!!)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Okay, I'll say this and anyone who doesn't like it can pout in a corner.

The OP has a 2010 sign on date. That's awhile. An Established member. Would that be worth throwing away for a scam like this? He's certainly been here long enough to see and know how outright brutal it would be if a deliberate scam were unmasked by ATS members. He might as well just forget the password and the site entirely would be my thoughts.

So, with all the weird stuff and oddball artifacts people find, why shouldn't a person who never saw the novelty version, be confused and ask for help with ID? The OP never claimed he had the skull of a Werewolf or even a human being. The request, as I read it, was to get HELP.....which a member gave, perfectly for a tight match (and so quick too! Nice!)

Why be mean though?? I wasn't sold by a long shot myself, by geeze folks. There are ways to encourage a person to discover the facts themselves (like a call to the local constables) and then there is being cruel and mean about stomping a person's honest curiosity and guts to ask in such a wild atmosphere.

Why not give folks the benefit of the doubt? Not EVERYONE is Mr Wizard in every topic and I gathered that was the whole point for having come here to ask at all?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree. I had already checked his posts too.

Further, the Halloween decoration was cast from something, and even artists use real life objects for inspiration.

So, until the OP comes back and either says hoax himself, or researches his area history to see how he got a gorilla skull in England ... I'm not making a call for the hoax vote yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Could be someone played a joke on the previous owner, too - and he/she never discovered it, so it was passed onto the OP. We may never know.

The OP, according to threads he's posted, really does not like the weird stuff. Whether that means he wants to find folks to make fun of (as in "look what you idiots fell for") OR he was digging in his garden, found what looked like bone and decided to document it, thinking it might be anything and why not have pictures of the unearthing? I confess I might do the same thing!!

Frankly, only a fool would go for the hoax here - too many intelligent people who would make mince-meat out of them! (Heck, even when someone ISN'T hoaxing, people debunk the heck out of stuff...)

Again - good catch a second time...

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

You can tell 100% that it is FAKE =Epic Fail!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join