It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Help, I Dug this. up... [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
reply to post by Wifibrains

no, you cant see the other side in the photo - theres no sheeting down in that section, i noticed the edge of the skull protruding from the soil, after i scraped a bit of soil away i decided to take photos as i went

Just 'redoing the patio' were you?

Sorry, couldn't resist a Fred West joke.
edit on 28-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

Hello - this is a good start for skull identification.
How To Identify A Skull
Can you clean it up some more and measure it? That would be a good first step, as some smaller features may emerge for ID purposes. Post some more pics when you have measured/cleaned it up?? I'll keep looking based on what you have found, but so far I don't see an exact match.

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

not looking for stars my friend, just answers - do you have anything to contribute. this is serious stuff.

Why yes I do....

Turn it over and take off the lower jaw since there is nothing really at this stage holding it in place and take a picture of the bottom too...it should look something like this if it is real....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If you want people to believe you, here's what you do buddy: Go back to the hole that you pulled the skull from and dig out the rest of the body. Take pictures.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

my thoughts exactly. i have no idea what this is. certainly it could be fake, of course. but im no fool and if its a fake, its hollywood standard. it just too heavy, and fragile to me

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffDaddy

i carried on digging in that area for nearly two hours. and went another 2-3 ft deeper. found nothing else so far though..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Explanation: PLEASE save and store any dirt you remove from the skull as it may be forensically important.

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here: it's a novelty skull sold at Spencer's Stores:

Wolfman Skull

Look familiar?
YUP.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

ive tried cleaning it up some more using a brush..dont want to poke at it too much as although it doesnt seem it from the pics its actually really fragile. dont even know what to do with it, its just sitting on the worktop in the kitchen. scaring the s**t out my mrs lol

link   

In the balance of probabilities:

1/ OP's discovered a new species in the UK

2/ It's a fake skull someone planted in OP's garden for a joke

3/ It's an intentional hoax invented by the OP

I know which one i'm going for.

link   
It's not real. The mandible would not stay attached, it is only held on by muscles and ligaments; you would be taking it out of the ground in two pieces at that stage of decomposition. In addition to that, there are no cranial sutures. Also, as someone mentioned before, you take pics as you are digging it up before you know what it is...? A little fishy all by itself.

For Chrissake. Total hoax. OP you are full of it. You know the thing is fake. You picked it up for a tenner somewhere. I hope the mods shut this one down. What a load of B.S.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

it looks simialr, but this isnt ceramic or plastic...it feels very real.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

thats a little harsh my friend..thats why i put it in this forum, i have no idea what it is....deny ignorance mate, deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The closest pictures I have been able to come up with (credits to my hubby for this was his suggestion) is gorilla [or ape] skull. We're looking at the teeth and the eyebrow line which is distinct. I haven't found an exact match; but, the overall gorilla and ape skulls are closest so far.

edit on 28/7/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You silly goose!
I did this exact thing when we first moved into this house. Its a historic home with a VERY colorful past. We had the original builders grandson over who was older than dirt to talk, get some history that wasnt rumor, scan some pics and tell us some stories. Well.. needless to say.. the truth was a little more spooky than the rumors! Then the evil in us hatched a plan. My husband and I buried one of those "looks like the real thing" human skulls in the back yard where we were digging a garden spot.. started yelling for the kids ... and screaming ensued.

You cant fool a fooler , Bubba.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

it looks simialr, but this isnt ceramic or plastic...it feels very real.

I'd say it's an exact match:

Yours:

The one for sale at Spencer's Stores:

Case solved.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This skull looks nothing at all like a human skull. Google human skull...have a look...Nor does it look like any known off shoot of humans that are known. Nor like an animal, please picture it fleshed out...more like alien from the movie aliens then human.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
2nd, case solved

link   

It is an exact match.

Not sure why the OP is denying it...you would think that they would be relieved to know what it is.

That is of course if they are not just trying to hoax people.

link   
Call a museum and let them know what you got. They can walk you thru the rest

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join