It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most dangerous job in the world - needs strong heart to Watch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Are these men stupid or brave?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I remember this vid! Hey ATSers out there. Try and watch this vid without your butt puckering five times over! Seriously cool video. How these guys can suppress just about ever human fear to accomplish their job is beyond me. These guys have serious balls.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

A lot braver than me. Years ago a colleague of mine designed those kind of antennas, and he had to go up in them to make sure the installations were good. One day he asked me to do the tests instead, and I just had to laugh at him. Even if you pay me 1 000 000 US$, I won't be capable of doing it. I watched him testing his stuff way up there, from a distance........ Never, ever will you get me up a mast like that.

(There was a thread about this some months ago on ATS)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jesus that makes me feel ill.

No joke I was beginning to spin out when he rested.

Respect. Could not do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Wow. I was seriously feeling nauseous just watching that guy climb. I was so worried he would fall that I actually told him aloud to hook his safety line when he got to the top. Haha.

Just wow.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
All I am saying is I would have to make 100k a year. With only two climbs in that time span. I have a tremendous fear of man made heights. Mountains are no problem. When you put the ingenuity and trust in man to weigh my life or death options it falls on deaf ears.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The worst part was when the ladders got smaller and smaller.

I would like to watch a vid of them climbing back down.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How is it dangerous? Theyre being held up by a safety rope. If they slip they dont fall to their death. I can see one getting used to the heights.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would need a parachute to convince me to go up that tower like that. Told you guys this video has some serious pucker factor. Heart races just watching these guys go from one ladder to the other. At points it just seems like they are free climbing the tower with no safety rope.

These guys must use wheelbarrows to wheel their balls around in.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Looks fun.
Take a parachute and jump off.

Too cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How many injuries / deaths do these guys get? Isn't statistically speaking alaskan fishermen the most dangerous job? Hence the title "deadliest catch"? I'm not counting mercenaries thought.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

How about the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.
That will pucker the sphincter too. Especially when the jet wash rolls you across the deck.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adept333
How is it dangerous? Theyre being held up by a safety rope. If they slip they dont fall to their death. I can see one getting used to the heights.

apparently you didn't watch the video.. yes they can fall to their death..

all i can say is F that... 100k wouldn't be enough... maybe 750k but even then you cant spend money when your dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

His partner is holding the tool bag...

There's another guy out there with cojones the size of an antena tower? S&F! Great, but scary video. Quite awesome!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Deaths and injuries are unheard of. As you can see they have a safety rope so if they were to slip and actually fall they are being held up. Not very dangerous much less the most dangerous job.

But the heights are scary booga booga booga!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I love to freefall and have a couple thousand jumps; some of my military jumps higher than 20k feet with oxygen but I swear yoiu could not get me to do that job there.

Parachutes are one thing - a safety line is...well, not enough for me to do that #.

I hope they are well paid.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Very brief short periods while climbing a ladder correct. People that clean the windows on sky scrapers also face very brief periods where they could fall. I would estimate the people that have fallen to their death are. 000001 of the total number of people.
edit on 27-7-2012 by adept333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You're right Golf66! I flew ten years as a medevac flight nurse/paramedic but I hate heights, especially ledges. These guys are crazy. Just like I'd rather sky dive than bunjie jump.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
From what i´ve read Alaskan Crab Fisherman is the most dangerous job ever...

Top 10 Top 10 Better Man >Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs

It´s not easy...

edit on 27-7-2012 by SoulVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

My guess is those people get PAID ! Probably up words of 150 per hour

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join