It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'm telling you guys, the Queen of England really did jump out of the helicopter.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopia2012

Lmao, if she did, whatever hair products she uses must be impeccable. I mean whose hair would look that nice after jumping out of a plane?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heidihybrid
Man I just came here to talk about THAT performance, it was so FREAKY and scary to me, I almost had an anxiety attack while watching "Voldemort", the other dementors (year more like black hooded people) and the poor girl, I am still shaken by that let me tell ya, it was an obvious satanic ritual of sorts.

reply to post by dunipop

Tip: You need SOME hobby, seriously....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anyone got a link to a video of the opening ceremony? Specifically the Industrial Revolution part.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Was a fantastic show. I was blown away. Hats off to Danny Boyle who came up with it. Best show I've seen ever.

Wow, just wow

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Was lil disappointed they didn't march the athletes in at double speed to Benny Hill music (aussies and poms will get that, americans move along)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

im american and know about benny hill and yackity sax. grew up to this show. was sad when he died. he will be missed.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dyzan

I'm impressed ~ bows

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopia2012
I'm telling you guys, the Queen of England really did jump out of the helicopter.

That segment with Bond was filmed and edited before the event. Sure it was her in the palace but the helicopter scene of her jumping out was not her. They would never take chances with her plunging to her death like that'. London is celebrating the Olympic games, not planning a coronation

link   

You think people in America don't know who Benny Hill is or what gag you are referring to? Lol, we've stolen it and reused it plenty of times.

link   

After Mr Bean and the obligatory fart joke, I was kind of expecting some Benny Hill action. Although MR Bean has to be the worst example of British humor IMHO.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

i would have been happier with a little holy grail action more than mr. bean. but i was very disappointed the tardis didnt show up. i heard the sound once and got so excited, my told me i was dreaming ..... lol

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Quite enjoyed the opening ceremony.

Couldn't have been more british to be honest.

I am rather surprised they didn't show a Monty Python sketch, or even the Top Gear guys, since they did just about every other British "export". Mr. Bean? wow. I did smile at it though, I must admit.

Overall, I was rather impressed. Well done.

vvv

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

We use the same Bond, considering the movies were made in Britain. Sean Connery was the first actor to play bond, then It was roger Moore for awhile, then pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig

Anyways you could google it. I didn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some comments made last night on Twitter by a Tory MP

Thank God the athletes have arrived! Now we can move on from leftie multi-cultural crap. Bring back red arrows, Shakespeare and the Stones!

The most leftie opening ceremony I have ever seen - more than Beijing, the capital of a communist state! Welfare tribute next?
Expand

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well I watched the whole thing and thought it was amazing....

I haven't read all the comments but some are just sooooo stupid and sooooo ludicrous, that it's not even funny.

"ZOMG!! Satantic blood letting ritual with reptilian overlords"

Some people need to get out more man.... and grow up.

Loved the Isambard Kingdom Brunel stuff at the start (Kenneth Brannagh) and the Olympic Rings forged in the steel mills... (Not Illuminati UFO soul suckers)

It had some great people involved and some very funny bits.... James Bond, Mr.Bean...

Some pretty cool fantasy stuff... Peter Pan, Harry Potter, Child Catcher...

Some great music.

It may not have been as technical and computer generated as China.... but this had SOUL man.

That was the difference.

China was like the best ever technical guitar player player your fav song absolutely perfectly.... London was like your fav song played by someone who knows and loves and feels the song.

May not have been as technical.... but it had depth and meant something.

I really liked it... it had a couple of lulls and wasn't perfect.... but still very, very enjoyable.

I think you may have had to know a little bit about our heritage to "get" it...

Otherwise I guess you might end up posting some ridiculous things (see this thread for examples)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

They would have us back in those "Dark satanic mills" if they had their way mate

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

They would have us back in those "Dark satanic mills" if they had their way mate

I thought the NHS and GOSH tribute was great, really showed how important the institution is to Britain and how out of touch this Tory toe rag is. How can you complain about multiculturalism at an event with more countries than the UN, being represented.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Without getting all political, I was surprised at some of the names of countries that I'd never heard of. It seems there are some very small countries out there. While I was impressed with the show last night I would prefer to have seen a Scottish team instead of Team GB. Scotland is told by England it would not survive as a separate country but last night shows that isn't true, it would be just fine. Hopefully at some future Olympics we will see Team England, and Team Scotland alongside the other 200 plus countries flying their flags
edit on 28-7-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I thought the NHS and GOSH tribute was great, really showed how important the institution is to Britain and how out of touch this Tory toe rag is. How can you complain about multiculturalism at an event with more countries than the UN, being represented.

Indeed mate.... I really liked that too.
GOSH hospital is absolutely one of the most amazing hospitals and they deserve recognition... and yes the NHS is something that Britain should be MOST proud of.

And yeah.... seriously, what a dick?

This is about all nations, all peoples coming together and sharing common aspirations and goals and competing together, and this prick is moaning?

Seriously, what a twat.

And yes... LOVED the 204 nations.... some were so obscure, just awesome.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join