It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I was impressed as well and was just thinking John Cleese should have been in it.

They forgot culture club and Duran Duran in the 80s music segment as well. Plus Elton John and Rod Stewart werent in the music. Unless I missed them. I expected a concert finale but only got Paul McCartney singing hey Jude. I heard 30 minutes of the show had to be cut.
The music was good though

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Agree with you..

I didn't get to see it all.. kinda gave up when they lit the flame..

What I did see just kept on reminding me of the lord of the rings..
You had the start with all the hobbits having their party in the garden..
Then it transforms into saurons fortress and leads to the forging of the rings..

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

en.wikipedia.org...

Then we see all the hobbits and mortals and wizards having their battles against the dark lord (by playing music and creating peace love and harmony and other hippy stuff, punks too apparently.. basically all the things you need to rage against the machine)

then, finally, we get to see the olympic flame lit in the stadium... an eye within an eye IMO.
The flame becomes Saurons all seeing eye from the top of his tower..
And from far above the entire stadium is one big eye..

i.telegraph.co.uk...

went to bed after that.. damned olympics spoiled my thread too.. can't believe I was daft enough to post a new thread on a day like this.. still, that's the way of things

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I'm telling you guys, the Queen of England really did jump out of the helicopter.

That segment with Bond was filmed and edited before the event. Sure it was her in the palace but the helicopter scene of her jumping out was not her. They would never take chances with her plunging to her death like that'. London is celebrating the Olympic games, not planning a coronation

Nope, it was her. Can't deny it. The Queen of England obviously took skydiving lessons with James Bond at M-16. They obviously didn't zoom in on her because her face in the wind would of resembled droopy skydiving. Her hair was gelled and crown super-glued to her hair. True story.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well there are no Scottish players in the Team GB football team.... why not just pull out all athletes in protest?
Although I know that wasn't really the reason, they were worried about keeping the identity after the tournament in case FIFA decide to make Team GB a permanent thing.

To be honest I like the fact that it's Britain but really wouldn't bother me if it was England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

I mean we all have separate Football &Rugby teams so why not eh?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
IMO, " Hey Jude" was chosen specifically for the sing along/chant at the end. Chanting is an important part of ritual.

And to those who were questioning the baby/ molten sperm theme, perhaps fertility rites for the royal newlyweds?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

a triangular structure, in engineering, is the strongest structural building you can build.
reply to post by Argyll

Indeed that's why the pyramids were built as pyramids, and I simply said they were odd, just giving my opinion to this thread that's all.

and old age or not, she didn't she too concerned with what was happening. I'm in no way bashing the queen as I have read and study all she has done for the Brits, but it just didn't seem like she was having a good time as everyone else was, though she is a woman of proper etiquette, so maybe that contributed to it. Oh and the scene with her and Bond was gold lol

I don't know if the queen is allowed to show any emotions. She never smiles or shows any enthusiasm. She only waves with her white gloved hand. Its got nothing go do with her age either, she's been this way as long as i remember. It's quite rude actually. I don't get this thing where we are disrespectful to speak up about it. She isnt the ruling leader of America or other countries so they can say what they want about her. Once you move away from Britain you realize how brainwashed you were being taught to look up to her and sing God save the queen every day. She embarrasses us Brits being like this, everybody asks what's wrong with her and you have to admit she just never smiles. I can understand she's exhausted having to go to things and her life must suck, but she could at least fake a smile so we don't have to go through this every time she shows up at something.

We can speak up now you know. They did away with the beheadings .

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopia2012

I'm telling you guys, the Queen of England really did jump out of the helicopter.

That segment with Bond was filmed and edited before the event. Sure it was her in the palace but the helicopter scene of her jumping out was not her. They would never take chances with her plunging to her death like that'. London is celebrating the Olympic games, not planning a coronation

Nope, it was her. Can't deny it. The Queen of England obviously took skydiving lessons with James Bond at M-16. They obviously didn't zoom in on her because her face in the wind would of resembled droopy skydiving. Her hair was gelled and crown super-glued to her hair. True story.

Oh sure I believe you, thousands wouldn't.

Doubles of Bond and the queen then parachuted from a helicopter above the stadium, built on the Olympic Park in a once derelict area of London’s East End, and the national anthem sang by schoolchildren and Union flag raising followed.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

edit on 28-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Oh sure I believe you, thousands wouldn't.

Doubles of Bond and the queen then parachuted from a helicopter above the stadium, built on the Olympic Park in a once derelict area of London’s East End, and the national anthem sang by schoolchildren and Union flag raising followed.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

edit on 28-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

LOL, you expect us to believe that? Your source has questionable intentions, they don't want people to think that the Queen is cool. This is clearly disinformation and you are a shill.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Agree with you..

Then it transforms into saurons fortress and leads to the forging of the rings..

en.wikipedia.org...

Then we see all the hobbits and mortals and wizards having their battles against the dark lord (by playing music and creating peace love and harmony and other hippy stuff, punks too apparently.. basically all the things you need to rage against the machine)

then, finally, we get to see the olympic flame lit in the stadium... an eye within an eye IMO.

Beautifully written! I thought I was the only one that saw the orcs and goblins. The Olympic rings were accepted out of our greed and lust for power. We are now bound by their authority to Sauron, for Sauron does not share power. We needed a Hobbit to cast them into the flame but she had already jumped out of a helicopter and returned to her throne (for those that saw the earlier portion of Sauron's Olympic ceremony).

edit on 28-7-2012 by Wotaneyed because: It was a helicopter instead of a plane

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotaneyed

Originally posted by Extralien

Agree with you..

en.wikipedia.org...

Beautifully written! I thought I was the only one that saw the orcs and goblins. The Olympic rings were accepted out of our greed and lust for power. We are now bound by their authority to Sauron, for Sauron does not share power. We needed a Hobbit to cast them into the flame but she had already jumped out of a plane and returned to her throne (for those that saw the earlier portion of Sauron's Olympic ceremony).

well they will be pleased to know the hobbits are going to eisengard to begin the journey and destroy the ring.
In truth i would much rather 10 hours of this than watch the opening ceremony.

edit on 28-7-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I heard on the radio a few year back...... we used to have a strict rule that pubs/bars closed at 11pm but then the government brought in "late licences" that meant that they could open until pretty much any time they want. The guy in charge of the new law said "It's because people coming out of the theatre at 11pm should be able to have a glass of wine afterwards". Uh huh... every national paper said the same thing, that it'll end in a HUGE binge drinking increase, drunks in the streets until the morning, and hospitals not being able to cope.

Anyway, this guy on the radio said (from memory) "Won't it be amazing, driving down a lovely little country lane in the middle of the night, seeing the warming lights of a pub still on, walking in there and seeing a glowing fire, welcoming landlady..."... and his cohost said "Bloody hell, where do you live? Enid-Blyton-Land?? You're more likely to find the locals all drunk, the landlady drunk too, and nobody watching the fire so it'll have burned the pub to the ground!!"

That show was a crap idealisation of the England that rich people seem to bury in their heads of what of England "should" be like... not a patch on what it IS.

Open the show with a group of football hooligans pouring into the arena throwing empty beercans into the crowd, have some guys in suits representing the 4 main banks throwing money into the crowd smiling because it's not theirs, hmm... have all the soldiers guarding the place to have no bullets in their guns to represent the monumental cockup of when they ordered two brand new aircraft carriers but couldn't afford any planes to go IN them, oh, and as a grand finale they could have a pleasant village scene, then have a hundred asylum seekers "invade" it, bulldozers coming in, wiping out the village green and building new houses for the asylum seekers, and THEN I'd start to agree that it's an accurate representation of England

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by bigyin

Well there are no Scottish players in the Team GB football team.... why not just pull out all athletes in protest?
Although I know that wasn't really the reason, they were worried about keeping the identity after the tournament in case FIFA decide to make Team GB a permanent thing.

To be honest I like the fact that it's Britain but really wouldn't bother me if it was England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

I mean we all have separate Football &Rugby teams so why not eh?

No welsh players made the team either, how can it be "Team GB" with only "England" represented.
Makes me want to puke.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I don't know if the queen is allowed to show any emotions. She never smiles or shows any enthusiasm. She only waves with her white gloved hand. Its got nothing go do with her age either, she's been this way as long as i remember. It's quite rude actually. I don't get this thing where we are disrespectful to speak up about it. She isnt the ruling leader of America or other countries so they can say what they want about her. Once you move away from Britain you realize how brainwashed you were being taught to look up to her and sing God save the queen every day. She embarrasses us Brits being like this, everybody asks what's wrong with her and you have to admit she just never smiles. I can understand she's exhausted having to go to things and her life must suck, but she could at least fake a smile so we don't have to go through this every time she shows up at something.

She smiles all the time, don't be such a pleb.

That's just a selection of some random pics on the web and with that, kind of makes the rest of your rant nonsensical BS. The Queen still enjoys massive popularity with soemthing like 80% of the population supportive of her.

As for the Opening Ceremony, I didn't get the chance to watch this last night so I am going to watch it on iPlayer in a bit.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
No welsh players made the team either, how can it be "Team GB" with only "England" represented.
Makes me want to puke.

What are you talking about?

Are you mental?

Joe Allen, Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy, Aaron Ramsey & Neil Taylor.... ALL WELSH

I guess you haven't seen any of the football.... or know anything about team GB Football team

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

It's amazing what people choose to believe, isn't it?

I'd say, considering their relative size, Wales is very well represented in the GB Football team.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Indeed, it was filmed in March, the bit in the Palace and the helicopters along the Thames. And no, the Queen did not jump out the helicopter, such a thing would be absurd.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well maybe with the talk of Scotland and NI not wanting players to play, perhaps there is some confusion about Wales... but to actually say "no Welsh either, makes me sick
" is just stupid.

And yeah man, I'd agree.... I think they are well represented too.
edit on 28/7/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sirnukeem

We use the same Bond, considering the movies were made in Britain. Sean Connery was the first actor to play bond, then It was roger Moore for awhile, then pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig

Anyways you could google it. I didn't.

Oh dear, he genuinely believes that the US has it's own Bond?

Mwoooohahahahahaha.... That's funny...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Yeah, that's the thing, it was the local FA's that put the brakes on, not a choice by Team GB to omit Scottish players. But that doesn't get mentioned because it doesn't jive with the "English bastards" mantra of the Nationalist crowd.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by stumason

I cant say I pay much attention to the Queen and I dont see her in the press much here in the US. But those pictures you linked of her smiling were the first I have ever seen. She always looks so serious and stoic when I do see her. The general consensus here is thats just how she is, unsmiling. Im not saying its true just thats how shes perceieved.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join