It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Sorry, but that whole thing was just incredibly dull. I didn't need a history lesson on the Industrial Revolution.

I changed the channel.

I have to agree. If were sp-eaking from an entertainment value alone perspective....

The cheesy old dress up routine equivalent to an American civil war reenactment.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

I think that the stadium was full but when they showed it under blue lights the seats looked empty from a distance.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

never let "the man" get your spidey jammies. although i dont know what you look like, i got an insanely disturbing mental image. no offense to you but it scared me and made me lol at the same time

edit on 27-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Great Britain (not just London) but not including Scotland or Ireland (separate countries even tho they are considered part of "the United Kingdom" which includes all of them with GB).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by linknumbernine
reply to post by SGTSECRET

it's more productive then playing pretend on here.

Ok than have fun there. It would also be nice if you didn't just play pretend on ATS, alot of meaningful things are discussed here. Don't come into a thread just to complain that people aren't talking about what you want them to.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

They had open air, big screen showings in loads of places, and Olympic parties. I guess it's the organizer's fault that you didn't go to one of them too?

How would you have included everyone, just out of interest? What would you have done?

Yes your opinion, is infact your opinion. However, you have stated your opinion on a public discussion forum, therefore, your opinion as stated, is up for discussion, hence my replies. Or do you like talking to yourself, or only like conversing strictly with people whom agree with you?

oh o.k. my mistake i was wrong all along. my opinion has changed. thank you for correcting my wrong opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
reply to post by capone1

UN peacekeepers wear blue berets. I think there are some Americans in their ranks? Make of that what you will.

Thank you for the knowledge, but I want the U.N. out of my country. Their beret's don't count.
edit on 27-7-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
WTF is that?? Trumpets of fire or something? Lotus flower type thing?? So what, no official cauldron lighter? Interesting

Thats looks pretty awesome tho!

That was the cauldron.
I thought it was cool

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

I think that the stadium was full but when they showed it under blue lights the seats looked empty from a distance.

I thought something was fishy, that is a once in a lifetime thing pretty much going to

an olympics in your home country, couldnt imagine people not filling it unless for security purposes.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan

never let "the man" get your spidey jammies. although i dont know what you look like, i got an insanely disturbing mental image. no offense to you but it scared me and made me lol at the same time

edit on 27-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

Haha, that was the desired effect. I sent you a pic of what I look, so as to (hopefully) alleviate any chance of you you not sleeping due to 'disturbing mental images'!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Is it just me or did the queen look a bit bored too>? Or is that how she always looks>?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The OLYMPICS: The greatest spectacle of international sport and social interaction (happening) on the planet.Hail to the Olympic athletes. Hail to the heros (medal winners). GO USA! USA! USA!

edit on 27-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The section you were speaking about was filled with investment bankers, they do not like it when the blue lights come calling

Rest of the stadium was fine though.

edit on 27-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by lifeform11

Great Britain (not just London) but not including Scotland or Ireland (separate countries even tho they are considered part of "the United Kingdom" which includes all of them with GB).

i didn't feel it even included all of England.

and don't forget wales and don't forget we are on home turf this time.... so they keep saying.
unless your from Wales, Scotland or N Ireland.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

you are all good man, i'm celebrating to just celebrate so i don;t think anything could stop me from sleeping later, ie,a few beers

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem
Is it just me or did the queen look a bit bored too>? Or is that how she always looks>?

I thought she looked pissed off. There must be dozens of events where I have seen the Queen and I have never seen her like this. Maybe she thought the Bond skit was undignified or something? I personally thought it was funny and one of the bright spots between the cold and depressing industrial and hospital themes but royalty may not like people having a laugh at their expense.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyzan

Good on ya, have one for me!

Speaking of sleep, I need to go. Night all, hopefully will be discussing all the great sporting events with you all tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha

Originally posted by sirnukeem

I thought she looked pissed off. There must be dozens of events where I have seen the Queen and I have never seen her like this. Maybe she thought the Bond skit was undignified or something? I personally thought it was funny and one of the bright spots between the cold and depressing industrial and hospital themes but royalty may not like people having a laugh at their expense.

She was mad there was no harry potter skits or marry Poppins references>?

Maybe, just throwing it out there

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
A fire of molten metal is forming a circle (looks like a sperm)....??

Are you completely off your fricken head?

This is worse than facebook this crap.

What the fricken heck are you talking about??? (Rhetorical question by the way, in case it does not strike you)

Jebus fricken mice, what the heck is going on in peoples minds these days!

edit on 27-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The Queen isn't supposed to show any outward form of emotion apart from an occasional smile, and pleasantries.

It's the 'rules'.

She didn't even cry outwardly at her mothers funeral , whilst in the public eye.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join