It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I don't know what your talking about. That's what I'm saying. Unless your always using a gun then your odds are slim with your gun. And if you've never been in any real fire fight then you won't be able to handle yourself. And yes paintball simulates that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He told the police about the explosives in his apartment.

That to me means he probably didn't expect to be alive, and wanted to surprise them with a trap. But he ruined the surprise, so something didn't go as planned for him.

Okay, I just got this on the news. He told them his Apartment had them and then totally clammed up, as they put it. So...no info about what they faced or what the chemicals in the bottles are....could all be harmless and wasting all this time for his amusement. He just told them where to look.

He's starting to sound more and more calculated and a sick bastard.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Don't know if this has been said, reports are saying he had done/dyed his hair red and was saying he was 'the joker'!

www.guardian.co.uk...

I posted that a page or so back. Ray Kelly is the ONLY source for that information.

9News has stated that they have not been able to verify that & Kelly did not source his information.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

It's not a felony! It's a petty misdemeanor! Its only a felony if you are caught with switchblade or butterfly knife!

I'm not sure it's illegal at all.

shr.elpasoco.com...

Is there a specific prohibition in the Colorado law from bringing a permitted concealed gun in a theatre? If not, you're not breaking the law, you're just breaking the theatre's policy. If you don't get caught, then you're fine. If there is a law that specifically prohibits it, I can't find it.

In many locales (like my hometown), it is a misdemeanor to ignore a businesses posted policy. So, it wouldn't be against the law to carry the gun into the theatre, but if the theatre forbids it as a matter of policy, then it becomes a misdemeanor to ignore the policy.

Back in my hometown that is the case, and their local shopping mall has "no guns" signs posted at every entrance. Of course, I ignore those signs, but if I ever have to use my gun in the mall, I will be committing a misdemeanor, and I'll likely be banned from the mall, which is acceptable compared to being dead.

Well, what I'm saying is, though, is that was a link to El Paso county laws. Now, I realize Aurora is not in El Paso county so I'm asking, has anyone actually found a law that in ANY WAY makes it illegal (misdemeanor or otherwise) to violate a private company's prohibition on packing your permitted CW? If not, then there would be no illegality to it. That's all I'm saying.

link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

Thank you for that report....Little Hitler Bloomberg needs to be stopped...that guy is dangerous with a capital D. He is going crazy with NY and I fear what would happen if he gets his hands on the whole US.

link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Where are you people getting this idea that he stopped and waited for the police? The police were already on the scene directing traffic, and the police station is across the street. They were there instantly. No wait time. I don't think he even had time to get in his car before they were there...
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by r2d246

I don't know what your talking about. That's what I'm saying. Unless your always using a gun then your odds are slim with your gun. And if you've never been in any real fire fight then you won't be able to handle yourself. And yes paintball simulates that.

again, its not even close to teh same.........people with fire arms training, which is what you have to do to get your CC , are going to be vastly more prepared then people who dont........

You are trying to set an argument then move the goal post.......

FACT people who have a CC are more prepared in events like this then those who dont.........

And i hate to tell you this, but your paintball gun that you arent carrying at the time isnt going to help you......so your point is moot

You just tried to state that vets and SEALS would be at a loss......displaying your ignorance in the realm of highly dangerous situations and the human beings fight or flight reflex.......and their ability, when properly equipped to survive.....
edit on 20-7-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yeah I read it nerd. You said a common citizen carrying wouldn't have contributed to the situation while someone who plays paintball would have. You're a nerd. I would rip your throat out no doubt.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster
reply to post by xrevxoltx

Maybe this guy thinks he's in a batman film, didn't the joker let himself get caught in the first dark knight film? Maybe this person thinks he can do something similar?

He also did rig a building to explode with containers filled with flammable liquid (or so we can assume the liquid in the apartment is to aid the explosion/fire).

Though the real Joker rigged two buildings...
edit on 20-7-2012 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They'd have a better chance than someone without paintball training and carry's a gun around and only has ever shot it at a range.

Besides if you whipped out your paintball gun and shot him in the gas mask he'd be blinded and also the paint would clog the resperator and he wouldn't be able to breath!

edit on 20-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by lives

You don't even know what we were talking about go back and read it all. People who play paintball and are really good might have the action reflexes to react if they had a gun cuz of endless training. Same with cops and others. Most civilians woudn't have have a chance. They'd wet there pants.

paintball? PAINTBALL? .......

Ok whatever you're talking about.

Muscle memory is all that's needed and if you carry a weapon daily I'm sure you have some.
Generalizing groups is a poor choice, seeing how a civilian got 63 shots on target in this instance.
Although it was a rifle predominantly.

But paintball? You cant hit the same spot twice at 20 yards with a paintball.

link   
I don't know if someone beat me to this but...Anyone else find it suspicious, ''mass shooting at batman premiere'' is a top story alongside ''I will be boycotting Batman movie'' thread today....
Please tell me it's unrelated.....
scary to say the least. My heart goes out to victims and their families. I hope they at the very least get justice.

PS. What are you people talking about? I read like 2-3 pages before commenting and I am SO lost here on page 55.
edit on 20-7-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

The point is how can he be smart enough to use a tiny unnoticeable rock to wedge the door, but stupid enough to get caught by the police (and not just exit the emergency door to his get away car). And be stupid enough to do this shooting in the first place. Intelligence + stupidity doesn't add up. And if you say a tiny rock was used, where's your evidence? Surely that must be admitted evidence. So where is the photo of this emergency door rock?

link   
reply to post by Valhall

Probably CO state statutes. for instance in TX, it is with the CCP statutes, I believe.

link   
Reports just said Obama is meeting with his FBI and national security advisers this afternoon. Oh, Jarret was mentioned too.

I smell executive orders being considered. I sure hope I'm wrong.

link   
Press Conference on now.....

www.9news.com

www.katu.com
edit on 20-7-2012 by OneisOne because: add link

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Turn your TV's on.....there is going to be a press conference shortly and they are showing his picture. It has just started.

link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Don't know if this has been said, reports are saying he had done/dyed his hair red and was saying he was 'the joker'!

www.guardian.co.uk...

I posted that a page or so back. Ray Kelly is the ONLY source for that information.

9News has stated that they have not been able to verify that & Kelly did not source his information.

Ok, I thought somebody might have. I'm sure lots of things that are reported will turn out to be inaccurate, they always do. I did wonder if this was a Batman fan though what with the death threats to film reviewers.

link   

Originally posted by paratus

reply to post by lives

You don't even know what we were talking about go back and read it all. People who play paintball and are really good might have the action reflexes to react if they had a gun cuz of endless training. Same with cops and others. Most civilians woudn't have have a chance. They'd wet there pants.

paintball? PAINTBALL? .......

Ok whatever you're talking about.

Muscle memory is all that's needed and if you carry a weapon daily I'm sure you have some.
Generalizing groups is a poor choice, seeing how a civilian got 63 shots on target in this instance.
Although it was a rifle predominantly.

But paintball? You cant hit the same spot twice at 20 yards with a paintball.

Look what I'm saying is this....

If you shot him in the gas mask with a paint ball gun he'd be blinded. And if you shot him the balls with the paintball he'd go down!

link   

They'd have a better chance than someone without paintball training and carry's a gun around and only has ever shot it at a range.

I digress, you cant talk sense with people who think they know everything and 1. have never seen combat 2. are totally ignorant to how cc permits work 3. have already solidified their ideas on gun control 4. Are young and think they know it all........

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join