It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Oh ya here we go with the everyone is a hardened vet syndrom and could take him out. When you hear shooting you don't panic. You become charles bronson in Death Wish and you can take out the bad guy with your action fast reflexes!!!

Give me a break. You'd be crying on the floor like a little baby, praying that you don't get killed.

You'd be surprised at the number of people that are not military, but have actually been shot at, or been shot and survived. Ask around, I bet you'll find a lot of stories.

People don't typically ball up and wet themselves, #1, they are in disbelief that it is real, and #2, our instincts kick in, and we react without thinking much about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh ya here we go with the everyone is a hardened vet syndrom and could take him out. When you hear shooting you don't panic. You become charles bronson in Death Wish and you can take out the bad guy with your action fast reflexes!!!

Give me a break. You'd be crying on the floor like a little baby, praying that you don't get killed.

They stand a better chance then those who werent carrying..........

There is no refuting that fact...........so flame all you want

link   

Originally posted by filosophia
How do you exit an emergency door without tripping the fire alarm, especially in a movie theatre lol. How do you then reenter? You can't. How do you prop it open for an hour with no usher noticing? Complete b.s. is what this story is.

The exit doors don't have fire alarms attached to them (or any alarm). A lot of people use the exits when the movies finish for a quick exit.

You can prop a door open quite easily with many small objects... and it wasn't propped open for an hour... You can reenter those one way doors if you prop them open.

I think you are trying to hard to make this a conspiracy.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by filosophia

Unfortunately, they get disengaged all the time so people can use the door.

And I have seen theater employees, aka poor teens getting minimum wage, leave them open.

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Would he really risk putting a gun and gas mask outside an emergency exit during opening night?

Not sure if you saw the pictures, but his car was parked near the exits... all he had to do was exit, pop the trunk and gear up.. he would surely not have left it sitting on the walk .. the gear was in his car... which is where he was found standing when police apprehended him.

So he wanted to get caught?

Does that mean he is going to make a statement to the press?

He is starting to look like the Unabomber. Another PHD.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i know this is a conspiracy site and all but this is not a government set up!! you watch too much alex jones.

the guy was nuts. it's clear he knew he was not "right" . people really do these things on their own and to ignore the fact that he had lost his mind is sticking your head in the sand. blaming the government isn't going to do anyone any good.

sadly due to budget cuts the city was cutting police officers. THAT is what we should be concerned about. that and the fact that this type of thing is going to increase with the mounting pressures people face these days.

this is a tragedy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Unfortunately most people don't know how to recongize mental illness, these people usually end up as unpopular or referred to as being a little "off".

They don't go around wearing undies on their head screaming that aliens are coming.

*thinks about that for a moment and looks around*

link   

dude, some 71 year old did it the other day to to robbers, quoting him "I thought they were going to kill us"
so I'm sure a lot can do that.

link   
Unreal, but people trying to figure this guy out or lay blame somewhere need to know just one thing, this guy is no crack pot. I'd put every penny on this guy wanting to simply make a name for himself, wanting a platform to run off his ideas. People will often say that shooting anyone in cold blood is surely actions of a crazy individual. However the term "crazy" or "insane" is often simply applied to people who act out of the norm in drastic, in this case, tragic circumstances and can often dillute the responsibility and blame that lays solely on the shoulders of those who commit such acts.

This guy is nothing more than a failure disgruntled at their own life, gradually hating the world for the perception that he has of it and for the life that he believes undermines his worth. Regardless of the reason, this man is a coward and should be treated as such. The news should focus on the victims and not on him.

This man is nothing more than someone who has failed and the realisation that they have failed has lead them to believe that world has failed them, when in reality only they have failed themselves.

What does killing innocent people, unarmed, unaware, in the middle of a cinema achieve? Nothing but headlines and needless destruction of lives. I would not give this man the time of day. As for his punishment, that man should be made to sit inside a padded cell with nothing and no one but himself for the rest of his days, death is not the answer, not for him, he should be made to live with himself for what he has done.

My condolences go out to all the victims, those who lost their lives, who were injured and/or witnessed and to those families of the deceased.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by miniatus

Would he really risk putting a gun and gas mask outside an emergency exit during opening night?

Not sure if you saw the pictures, but his car was parked near the exits... all he had to do was exit, pop the trunk and gear up.. he would surely not have left it sitting on the walk .. the gear was in his car... which is where he was found standing when police apprehended him.

So he wanted to get caught?

Does that mean he is going to make a statement to the press?

He is starting to look like the Unabomber. Another PHD.

They should have shot his pathetic little a$$ ! All of these guys always seem to miraculously survive when other people get shot by the police for trivial matters.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I wonder if, as a neuro-sciences student, he volunteered for any experiments or drug trials?

Every possibility, or even experimented on himself. There are reportedly a large quantity of liquid chemicals in his apartment as well as explosive devices, he could have acquired other chemicals for his personal use / misuse. Something was going on that his mother knew it was him.

link   
reply to post by onewithall

Maybe it wasn't him. It is ridiculous that he simply "waited" by his car BEHIND the theater. Somebody else did it and he was left there to pose as The One who did it. I'm really not sure he was alone in this.

link   
reply to post by PlayOnwards

The problem is these are popping up more and more to push the NWO agenda. It might be a random event, just highlighted by the media to push it. Or it might be actual stagged tarrar. Some patsy drugged and handled to go do this. But there's already some odd things about this showing up.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

You'd be surprised at the number of people that are not military, but have actually been shot at, or been shot and survived. Ask around, I bet you'll find a lot of stories.

People don't typically ball up and wet themselves, #1, they are in disbelief that it is real, and #2, our instincts kick in, and we react without thinking much about it.

And at a midnight release it would have been me and 3 to 5 of my friends.

So 5 guys with 10 to 15 rounds each. I believe the theater would have remained safer.

Poor families and all those that lost life to this sick #########!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by senselessness

How do you exit an emergency door without tripping the fire alarm, especially in a movie theatre lol. How do you then reenter? You can't. How do you prop it open for an hour with no usher noticing? Complete b.s. is what this story is.

The exit doors don't have fire alarms attached to them (or any alarm). A lot of people use the exits when the movies finish for a quick exit.

You can prop a door open quite easily with many small objects... and it wasn't propped open for an hour... You can reenter those one way doors if you prop them open.

I think you are trying to hard to make this a conspiracy.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

They said the man on the phone left and was back in less than an hour, implying almost an hour, the fact they are not being specific is telling. Sure the doors could be disengaged but its not likely an usher at a premiere movie would not notice the emergency doors propped open for almost an hour. And even if all that was true, what about the second suspect? Pushed down the memory hol as usual.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

It's not a felony! It's a petty misdemeanor! Its only a felony if you are caught with switchblade or butterfly knife!

I'm not sure it's illegal at all.

shr.elpasoco.com...

Is there a specific prohibition in the Colorado law from bringing a permitted concealed gun in a theatre? If not, you're not breaking the law, you're just breaking the theatre's policy. If you don't get caught, then you're fine. If there is a law that specifically prohibits it, I can't find it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any other reports like this one??? I am praying this is false information.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the gunman suspected of attacking a crowded movie theater in Aurora, Colorado resembled Batman’s arch-villain “The Joker” at the time of the shocking attack.

“We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the ‘enemy’ of Batman,” Kelly said at a news conference after noon.

newyork.cbslocal.com

Is the New York police commissioner stating this about the Colorado shooter?? I haven't seen anything else like this stated else where.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Movie theater "emergency" exits don't sound an alarm, not sure how many movies you go to =) but in the theaters around here, they actually encourage you to exit at the rear of the theater when the film is over because it prevents a large group of people from tracking back through the lobby .. They aren't truly "emergency" doors they are rear exits and only really intended for use when the movie is over .. most theaters have two, one at each side of the screen.

And who said he propped it open for an hour? .. the movie was apparently on 15 minutes in .. and not only that, but a man was seen getting up from the 2nd row I believe it was and walking to the exit, that to me is most likely the shooter.. he probably got up, propped it open long enough to go to his car, which was parked near the exit.. kit up and then go back in.

Also might I add.. that propping the door open doesn't mean it's gaping a foot wide open! .. you can prop open a door with anything... letting it close just enough to not latch is all you need.. nobody would notice that
edit on 7/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
Dr. Keith Ablow on FOX is talking about conspiracy theorists and the inkling he may be one of them.

link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
all the conspiracy theories already

you guys need to calm down. Mind control? hired Gun? yeeesh

people snap and loose it and go on these sprees, its happened before in Colorado
If he was hired for one target he wouldn't have done such a sloppy job and you can hire a real professional for that. there was no need to massacre a theater full of people.

Mind control? seriously? there are way better ways to test mind control than to go out and have a public massacre, plus mind control would be less reliable than hiring a professional assassin.

You guys should be locked up right next to that guy

just like virginia tech, columbine, and the norway massacre. Crazy people with guns. the real issue is how to keep crazy people from having guns

No, the issue here is to allow people to open carry guns so they can defend themselves from crazy guys with guns!

We don't need a Batman, we only need the government to stop taking our means to protect ourselves away from us.
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join