It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

For what it's worth the military and cops do use paintball and airsoft type equipment for force on force training.

The whole idea is being able to shoot while avoiding getting shot.

Granted, a real gun does feel very different from some off the shelf paintball or airsoft equipment but for some extra cash (a lot of extra cash) you can get Simunition equipment.

It's better than simply punching holes in paper and a lot safer than shooting real guns at each other.

ETA: This of course assumes you are actually training with the equipment and not playing games.

edit on 20-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Heck I don't care if we're armed with guns or paintballs, some would choose the paintballs, I might wish my kids all were armed with woodens swords and trained in Dojos. But this case is not a good one for gun control.

Makes me want to be armed and trained, PERIOD.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Reports just said Obama is meeting with his FBI and national security advisers this afternoon. Oh, Jarret was mentioned too.

I smell executive orders being considered. I sure hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too!

I think this is just to make sure this wasn't a sleeper or a terrorist activity. I'm sure Obama is going to want to know if the FBI had a file on this guy, and if there is any foreign connection.

Obama would be a fool to issue any executive orders restricting guns during an election year.

link   

Look what I'm saying is this.... If you shot him in the gas mask with a paint ball gun he'd be blinded. And if you shot him the balls with the paintball he'd go down!
reply to post by r2d246

he was wearing body armor........do you read first before you post?

Youre just trolling now.........or may have been from the start........

Shoot a guy whose armed with a paintball gun and is hell bent on killing unarmed people, and youre going to take a bullet to the head..............end of story

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I see a lot of things being brought up because of this. More stiffer gun laws ( the UN is already trying to unarm us), metal detectors while going to the grocery store, TSA body scanners at the park, bomb sniffing dogs at public functions.

HEY!!!! didn't a guy, a couple of days ago, go into a club and start shooting.He did not kill anyone tho. And they didn't catch him?
Don't remember where that was have to do some researchon that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

For what it's worth the military and cops do use paintball and airsoft type equipment for force on force training.

The whole idea is being able to shoot while avoiding getting shot.

Granted, a real gun does feel very different from some off the shelf paintball or airsoft equipment but for some extra cash (a lot of extra cash) you can get Simunition equipment.

It's better than simply punching holes in paper and a lot safer than shooting real guns at each other.

Like i said, YES they do , and we did, but we also did it in conjuction with live fire exercises........it wasnt fun on the paintball range.......

The training is vastly different the being out doing paintball, with no sense of consequences........the drills are designed to be true to life........

Not "oh man im out"

The training makes the difference........

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
its a Ritual

...the point was, to get peoples attention to the film title, " dark Night rising "

..since the shootout caused massive coverage,
there are now MILLIONS of people who heared this,
and
therefore millions of souls, who have declared ' dark night rising '

...its a ritual, aimed at the subconsciousness

Most people dont even realize, they have something like a 'soul ' ,
yet it is the soul who is "repeating " ( = declaring ) the phrase ' dark night rises '

...and this declaring of millions of souls, will CAUSE IT TO HAPPEN.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Perhaps it was his bolt hole had he gotten clean from the cinema.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That movie with its trailer, came out and to me, its highly possible some SLEEPER was triggered to act out.

But how they could use it against guns, when Canada doesnt get to be armed, and yet that could easily happen here, the bad guys easily get guns, so only the bad guys and militia have it. This case is going to get me and my family into protection and arms.

I fully believe in non violent methods of changing things, and citizen's counsils for getting rid of the corruption on top and making real strides in solving problems, and the homeless.

Peace and Love.

But self defense and Serve and Protect is also real.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

Yeh so maybe he will negotiate his release for the whereabouts of several bombs? Seems strange. Its quite coincidental he should dress in armour and a mask just when the dark knight rises is released

link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

There is no reason that children should have been killed in this senseless act.

I hope the movie theaters in this country re-think the policy of allowing babies and young children to be allowed into any PG-13 or R rated movie. Even in R rated movies - here comes an entire family down to 5-6 year old kids who then don't sit still and disrupt the entire experience. Now it appears there are families that will be burying their young children because they made the mistake of bringing a child to a movie like this. It's not cartoon Batman, folks. Even the violence in a movie like the Avengers isn't suitable for children that young.

Also watch out for some other nutjobs to pop out of the woodwork and commit copycat crimes.Sadly I predict that this won't be the last movie theater shooting we will hear about in the coming weeks.

link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i know this is a conspiracy site and all but this is not a government set up!! you watch too much alex jones.

the guy was nuts. it's clear he knew he was not "right" . people really do these things on their own and to ignoreText blaming the government isn't going to do anyone any good.

sadly due to budget cuts the city was cutting police officers. THAT is what we should be concerned about. that and the fact that this type of thing is going to increase with the mounting pressures people face these days.

this is a tragedy.

Why is it "clear" he was not right? Yes, jumping to the conclusion that is was a conspiracy is ill advised, but so is jumping to the conclusion that he was just a guy that went crazy. You don't know that. *No-one* knows that yet, this just happened. No one knows his motivations other that the gunman himself.

You are right, this is certainly a tragedy. Whether it was a conspiracy or not.

Thoughts and prayers to all the victims and their families. I don't know if i can watch this movie now, i was planning on it, but i'm not sure i'd feel right about it, more so than b/c of fear of going to the theatre.

I want to know what was meant by his mother saying 'they got the right guy' or whatever it was, i am paraphrasing, but why would she say this? I'd like to know that. I guess the details will come out in time.

I'm in disbelief. My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrible tragedy. It's hard to comprehend even. What a shock.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Okay, I found the answer.

www.rmgo.org...

The only places in Colorado that you can't carry a concealed weapon (with a permit) are areas prohibited by FEDERAL LAW. That would be your court houses, airports....not movie theatres. So all you would be violating would be the company policy. They could kick you out if they realized you had it, but big damned deal. In this case, you might have been kicked out in time to not be shot in the face.

link   
Did they ever find the 7 year old girl that was missing after the incident?

link   
- yes i know its 'dark Knight '

but the soul wont know the difference of this trick with words.
All that counts, is the declaration , statement, she makes.

link   
I'm still on page 28 so forgive me if this has been posted, but according to Drudge, I know, I know, but, the links are there. Anyway, according to him, there was a trailer for a gangster movie shooting up a movie theater. This has since been pulled.

Gangster Squad

According to Warner Bros, this distribution exec suddenly remembered that the trailer for the mob movie contained a scene showing a gangster with a machine gun shooting up people in a movie theater from behind the big screen. This distribution exec quickly instructed the studio to “replace it as soon as possible”. At 6 AM, Warner Bros started notifying the theater circuits to pull the offensive Gangster Squad trailer. That is being done all over North America today. Meanwhile, Warner Bros’ marketing department is scrambling to get out its second-generation Gangster Squad trailer already in the works. This new trailer, without the movie theater scene, will be swapped out for the offensive one within a week. Warner Bros says this is now the whole story.

I doubt very highly this psycho got his ideas from a yet to be released trailer, but I see the sense in pulling it so as to not have any copy cats. (It can still happen anyway though, trailer or no.)

Another link

Batman Comic

The horrific shooting at the screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado late last night bears eerie similarities to a scene in the 1986 comic Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. In the comic, a crazed, gun-toting loner walks into a movie theater and begins shooting it up, killing three in the process. The passage concludes with the media blaming Batman for inspiring the shooting, though he is not involved in the incident at all.

Honestly I think a lot of this is speculation. It could have been any movie, and I wonder if it just happened to be super crappy fate that it happened to be this one.

link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by miniatus

The point is how can he be smart enough to use a tiny unnoticeable rock to wedge the door, but stupid enough to get caught by the police (and not just exit the emergency door to his get away car). And be stupid enough to do this shooting in the first place. Intelligence + stupidity doesn't add up. And if you say a tiny rock was used, where's your evidence? Surely that must be admitted evidence. So where is the photo of this emergency door rock?

If you are basing your theory on such a weak argument such as how he wedged the door open, I think you should rethink your logic(?). I can wedge a door open with a piece of paper, a popcorn bucket, a paper cup, etc., many things.... You have to be stupid to not know how to prop a door open with tiny useless things.

I don't think he planned on living through this. He couldn't help but get caught because the police were already there before it happened, doing other things.

Intelligent + stupid people exist, and are capable of doing what he did.

You should do some rethinking. Maybe try reading this topic form the beginning.

edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by lives

You don't even know what we were talking about go back and read it all. People who play paintball and are really good might have the action reflexes to react if they had a gun cuz of endless training. Same with cops and others. Most civilians woudn't have have a chance. They'd wet there pants.

paintball? PAINTBALL? .......

Ok whatever you're talking about.

Muscle memory is all that's needed and if you carry a weapon daily I'm sure you have some.
Generalizing groups is a poor choice, seeing how a civilian got 63 shots on target in this instance.
Although it was a rifle predominantly.

But paintball? You cant hit the same spot twice at 20 yards with a paintball.

Look what I'm saying is this....

If you shot him in the gas mask with a paint ball gun he'd be blinded. And if you shot him the balls with the paintball he'd go down!

Ok 10 rounds of 45acp into the respirator will result in death against his:

ar15
rem 870 shotgun
glock 40cal

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if there is enough criticism at least it might lead to american society finally being diasarmed.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join